• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Ultimate Fighter Pass Poll! (Over 500 characters, no Assist Trophies). Who do you want to see?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hey all. I haven't posted in here since the Brawl days, so this feels a bit nostalgic to me.

I made a poll with over 500 choices (excluding Assist Trophies), and I'm wondering who you'd like to see in the Fighter Pass? You can vote for more than 5 characters, but you can only vote once:
https://www.buildquizzes.com/poll2136023x67984Ab7-60

Let me know if there's any obvious character missing, tried my best to cater to everyone's tastes.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'd consider keeping ATs in because the only thing keeping ATs from also being playable is the arbitrary rule that they can't be.

There's nothing stopping Sakurai from having it so opening an AT could have any of the roster jump out and fight for you for a little while.

Room100

Smash Apprentice
I'd consider keeping ATs in because the only thing keeping ATs from also being playable is the arbitrary rule that they can't be.

There's nothing stopping Sakurai from having it so opening an AT could have any of the roster jump out and fight for you for a little while.
Unfortunately I think there's a couple reasons to keep ATs out. If Sakurai has those characters in Smash but as ATs, I think that means he believes that's where they belong. There's also no reason to think they CAN be turned playable/have an AT and playable version of the same character. With ATs also being their own special item with unique programming, I don't think we'll see any ATs taken out essentially removing a very unique item.

I'd love to see the likes of Isaac and Shadow become playable, but considering there's only 5 known DLC at this time that are already decided, it's a little redundant to have ATs count.

Sans3546

Smash Cadet
bandana waddle dee
banjo and kazooie
crash bandicoot
dixie kong
geno
impa
plusle and minum
rayman
rex and pyra
sans
shantae
steve

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
I see no reason an assist trophy can't be patched out of existence later to place the character in the game. Shadow is by FAR the most obvious choice for an echo fighter remaining in my opinion, AND Sonic needs another representative. I would like Knuckles instead as a unique fighter...or both? *gasp*

Anyway, I think Geno and Banjoo/Kazooie are just a matter of time.

Room100

Smash Apprentice
I see no reason an assist trophy can't be patched out of existence later to place the character in the game. Shadow is by FAR the most obvious choice for an echo fighter remaining in my opinion, AND Sonic needs another representative. I would like Knuckles instead as a unique fighter...or both? *gasp*
While I still believe the ATs we have no are gonna stay that way, I think Tails would be a great second Sonic rep!

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Sad to see no Mimikyu but I understand. Glad to see Banjo and Geno are top contenders. I’m predicting we’ll get Geno, Minecraft Steve, Katalina (and if that rumors not true then Rayman), Monster Hunter and Banjo-Kazooie

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
voted for Elma, Captain Toad, Dixie, Phoenix Wright and Jack Frost. Would've replaced Jack Frost with a BOTW Champion if it was on the poll

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
My boys Bandana Dee, Travis Touchdown, Phoenix Wright, Geno and Banjo Kazooie are within the top 10 at the moment I voted.
This feels great.

By the way, Decidueye is not on the list :(

Last edited:

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Good picks, and thank you all for the votes! And I'm sorry, I don't think I'll add ATs, I just don't think they have a chance.

My boys Bandana Dee, Travis Touchdown, Phoenix Wright, Geno and Banjo Kazooie are within the top 10 at the moment I voted.
This feels great.

By the way, Decidueye is not on the list :(
I didn't put any specific starters as to not make the list any bigger than it already is, but I did put Gen 2 to 7 "Starter" and "Trainer" (Like Red with his team).

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
There's no Golisopod/Guzma choice, but it's otherwise a pretty comprehensive list.

Seeing as there's no limit, I just listed those I personally would like to see as characters:

For the Representation
Bandana Waddle Dee
Octoling
Andy/Sami
Lara Croft
Slime
Phoenix Wright
Arle Nadja
Banjo & Kazooie
Rayman
Kratos
Doomguy
Thrall

For the Moveset
Paper Mario
Dr. Eggman
Sora
Amaterasu

Personal Likes
Tetra
Viridi
Min Min
Professor Layton
Papyrus

Wishlist 5:
Banjo & Kazooie
Sora
Bandana Waddle Dee
Paper Mario
Professor Layton

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
My wish list is..

1) Bandana Waddle Dee
2) Dixie Kong
3) Impa
4) Rayman
5) Steve

My guess list is...

1) Bandana Waddle Dee
2) Meltan
3) Steve
4) Dragon Quest Character, Katalina
5) Ubisoft Rep, Rabbids or Rayman

Other possibilities for predictions
6) FE Three Houses rep
7) Undertale Rep, Sans

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I was only gonna vote for 5 until I saw Thrall at the bottom. So I voted for 6.

Lok'tar ogar.

The other five I picked were:
Banjo
Edelgard
Dixie Kong
Sub-Zero
Rayman

Last edited:

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
Voted for:

Paper Mario
Bandanna Dee
Rex & Pyra
Karate Joe
Professor Layton

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Voted for:
Paper Mario
Phoenix Wright
Professor Layton
Rayman, Shantae, Sora and Felix

I am a bit surprised there are no Breath of the Wild champions in this poll. I would have loved to vote for Mipha and I am sure many people would have voted for her (or Revali/Daruk/Urbosa).

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I accidentally only picked 5, but I feel strongly enough about these 5 that I'm honestly okay with that.

Arle Nadja
Paper Mario
Geno
Banjo and Kazooie
Crash Bandicoot

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Sad at the lack of Kunio, but I my other 4 top 5 were there at least.

Ryu Hayabusa [Ninja Gaiden]
Bill Rizer [Contra]
Arthur [Ghosts 'n Goblins]
Erdrick [Dragon Quest]

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Eternal sadness over the fact that Camilla made it onto the poll over Celica.

Might submit a ballot in a bit.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Paper Mario
Toad / Captain Toad
Geno
Cranky Kong
Funky Kong
Bandana Dee
Lloyd Irving
Yuri Lowell

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Went with everyone in my signature -Rex due to the questionable state of that and +Earthworm Jim

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Voted for
  • Toad/Captain Toad
  • Dixie Kong
  • Impa
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Meowth
I wanted a few others like Tails, Gooey, Vaati and Tingle, but restrained myself to just the five otherwise it'd have been a cluster**** honestly.
Those five are the ones I consider genuine wants for my Nintendo fighter.

Top Bottom