• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The only video game merch I have are shirts/hoodies/jackets and my amiibo. The only other "nerdy" things in my house are vintage movie posters, but I like to think that's actually pretty neat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
The good thing about being to poor to afford a lot of nerd stuff is that a girl won't walk into my room and think i'm a total loser.

Then again, considering the type of girl i'm likely to attract she'll probably think i'm a loser because I lack nerd stuff.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The good thing about being to poor to afford a lot of nerd stuff is that a girl won't walk into my room and think i'm a total loser.

Then again, considering the type of girl i'm likely to attract she'll probably think i'm a loser because I lack nerd stuff.
Nah dude, get yourself an emo chick.

what you think this is an /s im serious that's been my whole love life

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I'm genuinely curious, what is everyone's personal thoughts on the idea of Erdrick's inclusion? He's most second most wanted for DLC (after Lycanroc) but I know there's a lot of people who are iffy on him.

As someone who has recently entered a relationship with a nerdy girl, it's pretty awesome. It's nice having someone who is as passionate about JoJo as I am. Generally, if you have similar values and beliefs to the girl (which is the key to a happy relationship), it shouldn't be too big of a surprise that she'll like the same stuff as you.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Oh man.

Maybe I uh...shouldn’t talk about all the nerd items I have...
We’re opposites. You have a lot of stuff, and I have nothing.

Merchandise and items aren’t really my thing, and money is a roadblock since a lot of stuff are too expensive for my poor ass, but I generally don’t buy stuff like that even if I do have it. The most I did come close to wanting to buy was Smash amiibo, because I’m not gonna lie, they lit, like REALLY LIT.

——————————————————————
I do want to buy something Lycanroc related though. But not plushies (sorry Noipoi, but they kinda weird and don’t look good imo)... but boy if Lycanroc got a Smash Amiibo, that would honestly be the first merch that I would actually buy. That goes for other characters like Dark Samus, and any other of my most wanted like Elma and Isaac/Felix, they would make them instant buys and move me up one more tier on Smash fanboyism.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think it’d be better to be with somebody who appreciates/shares your interests, not somebody who thinks less of you for them.

How does one post pictures from their photo album on mobile? :)

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
But for other nerd stuff besides video games, I have a LOT of manga. A LOT A LOT A LOT A LOT

At first it was mostly Shonen Jump such as Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, D. Gray-Man, Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter x Hunter, Black Cat, Rurouni Kenshin, Shaman King, etc. Now I have the likes of Attack on Titan, Ghost in the Shell, Battle Angel Alita, Seraph of the End, 7th Garden, Blue Exorcist, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (yes, seriously :yoshi:), Goblin Slayer and Sailor Moon...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Nah dude, get yourself an emo chick.

what you think this is an /s im serious that's been my whole love life
Um...Not that I doubt your advice, but why an emo girl specifically?

I'm genuinely curious, what is everyone's personal thoughts on the idea of Erdrick's inclusion? He's most second most wanted for DLC (after Lycanroc) but I know there's a lot of people who are iffy on him.
I'm fine with him. As long as he's interesting, and it sounds like he will be, I have no Issue.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

....That's an odd thought. o-o

ALSO, I found the last pic I took of my shelf before leaving:
shelf.jpg

xD I got a little more stuff hidden in some backpacks and boxes because there wasn't enough space. The last section (Which I hilariously call the Lucky section) has specifically some 'lucky charms', Saint Patrick Day stuff I took in a trip, and the figures of my favorite Assassin's Creed Character of all time, Shay Cormac (which happens to be an adorable Irish Templar) along some Templar Knights and a rare Great Auk plush I got in Mexico...that happen to be in the game where this guy appears, and their story before extinction saddens me).

Noipoi

Howdy!
Goblin Slayer
d0szgC4.jpg

I approve.

....That's an odd thought. o-o

ALSO, I found the last pic I took of my shelf before leaving:
View attachment 186376
xD I got a little more stuff hidden in some backpacks and boxes because there wasn't enough space. The last section (Which I hilariously call the Lucky section) has specifically some 'lucky charms', Saint Patrick Day stuff I took in a trip, and the figures of my favorite Assassin's Creed Character of all time, Shay Cormac (which happens to be an adorable Irish Templar) along some Templar Knights and a rare Great Auk plush I got in Mexico...that happen to be in the game where this guy appears, and their story before extinction saddens me).
I see a Webkin in there, I knew I liked you for a reason.

SmashPro32

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4872-0139-5121
I actually am a pro at Smash Ultimate now with this WIP tech I want to share to the fans of Smash and its called Dashdance cancelling where you flick left stick like you are dashdancing but you cancel the the turnaround and only flick left stick one way until you get your way to your opponent. Great for online matches where you are against pros or in 6.5 or higher Classic mode. Here's a quick button input for a GC controller. :GCR:flick :GCR:flick:GCR:flick:GCR:flick:GCZ::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCA::GCR: or :GCCR: then :GCCR::GCCR: and thats how you get a KO in my case.

D

Deleted member

I cannot wait for winter.
I am sick of my face blowing up like a balloon each morning. I can scaresly see my cheekbones.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Nerd stuff? I've got a bullet bill stuffed toy, a Mario calender, a Mario chess and checkers set, far too many amiibo, a Mario hat, a Nintendo t shirt, and a t shirt promoting the best game of all, Pong on the Atari.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
View attachment 186377

I approve.

I'm basically an early adapter of that series when it only had like 5 chapters and the light novel hadn't even released in the States yet

It's so weird to hear everyone talk about this series a ton (for better or worse) when the anime was made. It's makes me seem like a hipster :yoshi:

AndreaAC

xD Let me guess...is it the red monkey? I have a lot of stuff that I sometimes don't know how they are called...also, I just noticed, it looks like my King Ghidorah plush is bitting Anger's head.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Then go out and learn before you slap yourself on the neck.
I'm tryin, I really am.

I think i'm going to college in a year or so, so that'll be good.

xD Let me guess...is it the red monkey? I have a lot of stuff that I sometimes don't know how they are called...also, I just noticed, it looks like my King Ghidorah plush is bitting Anger's head.
It's actually the green hummingbird on the top right.

When I was a kid I would go to there website all the time, and I remember when they added the Hummingbird to their shop.

Last edited:

SmashPro32

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4872-0139-5121
I main falco in Melee because of his shine that sends you up rather than fox's shine that sends you to the right or left but i don't like falco's shine in brawl because he throws it

D

Deleted member

I can finally get into anime and manga now that I have my own accounts for stuff.
I can view whatever crap I want! (No, not that. I have morals.)
Any suggestions? Not to mature, I’m still young.

AndreaAC

It's actually the green hummingbird on the top right.

When I was a kid I would go to there website all the time, and I remember when they added the Hummingbird to their shop.
xD Never would have guessed then! I picked it up because I like the little cuties! Awww, that sounds adorable! >u<

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm tryin, I really am.

I think i''m going to college in a year or so, so that'll be good.
I got me a free ride so I'm just waitin'

A lot of the emo chicks from my area simply share similar "nerdy" interests. They don't have to overlap, but they can be in their own separate niche bubbles that recognize that they're also niche.

Emo chicks are the only ones that would put up with his sass.
My ex is sassier than me if you want to go with that.

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I can finally get into anime and manga now that I have my own accounts for stuff.
I can view whatever crap I want! (No, not that. I have morals.)
Any suggestions? Not to mature, I’m still young.
You're 13? Basically go to VIZ Media's Shonen Jump section and find whatever suits you're boat. They may not have the best stuff but it's very accessible...

Noipoi

Howdy!
A lot of the emo chicks from my area simply share similar "nerdy" interests. They don't have to overlap, but they can be in their own separate niche bubbles that recognize that they're also niche.

Thanks for telling me! I'm sure this will be very useful when i'm finally allowed to be free in the real, adult world!

SmashPro32

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4872-0139-5121
Dedede is really hard to beat in a high difficulty in classic mode and he u-smashes to blast you to the blast zone:smash::pow:

D

Deleted member

You're 13? Basically go to VIZ Media's Shonen Jump section and find whatever suits you're boat. They may not have the best stuff but it's very accessible...
Much appreciated.
I’ve been searching ‘round the Web, but nothing noteworthy has popped up.
This’ll help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom