• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

"show ignored content"
Oh god what is it this time? *Sigh* Someone remind me why that wambo guy isn't permabanned yet?

GameWatching

Smash Ace
"Quit complaining! S-Sakurai is working really hard on this game and w-we should all quit whining and just accept his character picks! Not everyone wanted ****ing one-game characters like Geno or MORE anime guys like Isaac! Banjo is old and stupid! I love Minecraft and Dragon Quest suddenly!"

"Wait, you mean even casual players outside of the online Smash community wanted characters like Geno, Isaac, and Banjo...?"

This ****ing community in a nutshell. Grow your own ****ing opinions, people.
It's the other way around, buddy.
It's always the Geno, Banjo, and Isaac supporters that snob any other pick and think their pick is the most important one.
This is how it goes :
*unexpected char gets revealed/leaked*
Some people : "Oh wow, i like this char. Never thought it'd be in Smash"
Geno, Banjo, and Isaac people : "Oh wow you're gonna pretend this is a character WE wanted ?"

volbound1700

Smash Master
Doing a simple bit of research will show you just how positive the reaction to Joker was. Also, having more games in your franchise =/= having an objectively better franchise. Crash and Rayman don't have anywhere close the amount of games or popularity FF has.

Joker's trailer was in the top 20 trending videos for YouTube gaming. That ain't obscure.
I am lost on why you are bringing up FF. I had no objection with Cloud being in Smash 4 and getting rep over Crash and Rayman. I agree, FF ins HUGE. I am somewhat ok with Dragonquest. Persona isn't HUGE. Perhaps it will be in the future.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Explain how I'm wrong though, without some unfunny "huehuehue wording" post like Opossum's doing.
Well first you brought up something that nobody was even remotely bringing up such as “Stop complaining” or any bashing on Geno/Banjo/Isaac.

If you’re responding to the whole November Direct aftermath, then you’re a little 2 months and a new year late.

Plus, you implied that everyone suddenly becomes a Minecraft and Dragon Quest fan just because of the rumors even they already existed prior.

And this will come from someone who supports Geno and Isaac in order to make their fans happy, I admit that I bandwagoned off them during the Grinch era but now I’ve genuinely warmed up to them and hope they get in some day.

You can express that without needlessly pointing fingers at anyone for no reason.

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
That **** is why his trash takes should be ignored completely. We all know he's only bitter at people for not liking what he likes and the longer this goes on the more obvious it gets
No, people just like to keep saying this because I have a most-wanted and I'm not a greasy **** who transitions into liking another character whenever there's a hint at the possibility of someone else getting into Smash.

But I'm sure you'll just interpret that as "REEEEE, LIKE GENO YOU ****ING CLODS" because I'm calling people out for not having their own opinions.

REALLY you guys, you can't like a character until Smash "introduces the series to you"?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, all this fighting and arguing is giving me a headache. Someone call the whambulemce, or if it’s a better term, a Wambolence.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
The fact that you may honestly think that Joker is a niche no name or that this website, which doesn't even make up like 3% of the playerbase, is representative of what everyone wants is...hoo boy.
Sojiro Sakura couldn't of said it better himself... Well actually...

Maybe he can.

From what I played in Dead or Alive, I'd definitely would be hyped to have Ryu as DLC, plus the more Ninjas the better.
As for Dragon Quest, Doom, and Minecraft, to my shame I haven't played them ever, so I don't have much attachment or interest to these characters for DLC. though I do plan to play DQ11 at a later date.

D

Deleted member

Because this site is trash and I have seen an admin undo a permaban for someone just for crying FREE SPEECH on twitter after they made an alt account which also got banned.
Lol really do you know why he was banned

D

Deleted member

No, people just like to keep saying this because I have a most-wanted and I'm not a greasy **** who transitions into liking another character whenever there's a hint at the possibility of someone else getting into Smash.

But I'm sure you'll just interpret that as "REEEEE, LIKE GENO YOU ****ING CLODS" because I'm calling people out for not having their own opinions.

REALLY you guys, you can't like a character until Smash "introduces the series to you"?
Or maybe people already liked those characters? Perhaps they did not consider them being possible for Smash at first, but now that they are, they're happy? 'Tis a thought.

Honestly, I'm not really sure what point you're even trying to get across anymore.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Nah ***** you're crying foul at people for not liking **** you like. Did you not see my post saying I'm still not happy about Erdrick despite him being the only guaranteed one of these rumours? It was literally the last page. Go whine about puppets somewhere else
Lol really do you know why he was banned
He kept posting hate at Chrom fans and just would not stop doing that one specific thing to the point he earned himself a permaban. When he was unbanned he did the same **** and then did it for Zelda fans too
EDIT: Oops, double post

Last edited:

hinode

Smash Cadet
The characters that I want polled well in the Smash polls. Most of these characters were NOT even in the top 50 of the Smash poll. If Nintendo would pick characters off their polls, people would be happy. They did that with KRool and Ridley and it made everyone happy. Why do a poll and ignore it?
They've done well on fan polls voted on by people on sites like this and the smash subreddit. That is not the same thing as the official Smash ballot, and thinking otherwise is a huge mistake.

The hugely positive response to Isabelle's reveal back in September should've been a sign that no, the general public does not have the same taste as Smashboards/Smash reddit/Smashfaqs/etc.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
https://retronauts.com/article/956/return-to-the-roots-of-dragon-quest-in-episode-169
https://retronauts.com/article/137/retronauts-vol-iv-episode-49-dragon-quest

If you're looking for a crash course in Dragon Quest, I'd recommend putting these episodes of Retronauts on in the background. Episode 169 focuses on DQ/DQII in-depth, while Episode 49 focuses on the general series.

I'm only lightly familar with the series, but the passion of the hosts towards the series I find to be contagious. Ironically five minutes into Episode 169 and they're making Persona jokes while the comments section has someone asking for Erdrick/Loto to appear in Smash. lol

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I dunno about you guys, but I am fine if the leak is true. The only thing that disappoints me is a lack of Nintendo characters.

Piranha Plant doesn’t count, by the way.
only dude I wont like at all is Minecraft but that aint stopping me from buying Joker and prabably the DQ character

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I could care less who the remaining characters are. I used to take the roster choices way too seriously and got way too invested and sometimes even angry at choices, but TBH I've come to realize that that is a very unhealthy mindset and that it will do nothing but ruin the game for you.

Disappointment is fine, but getting angry about it? That's taking things a bit too far and too seriously for what is, in the grand scheme of things, a video game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
The only reason I've not discounted a Bravely rep yet is the weirdness of the 'Brave' codename being in English while PP is in Japanese—especially since 'brave' is an actual term used in the Japanese BD and would be more relevant to the devs. On the one hand, naming a BD character 'Brave' would be the worst-kept secret of all time; on the other, I don't entirely understand why they'd call Erdrick by a rough English translation of his Japanese class name, since that just seems both needlessly convoluted for an internal name and incredibly obvious to any Western dataminers (aka where the bulk of it comes from).

Honestly, if they wanted to keep this stuff a secret and confuse dataminers then I don't see why they didn't just use random dictionary words. Speculation would be a lot more interesting if we had Piranha Plant, Joker and 'Banana' to argue over...
"Brave" is actually Diablo, Lord of Fear. The Devs are on to us! Don't be deceived!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I could care less who the remaining characters are. I used to take the roster choices way too seriously and got way too invested and sometimes even angry at choices, but TBH I've come to realize that that is a very unhealthy mindset and that it will do nothing but ruin the game for you.

Disappointment is fine, but getting angry about it? That's taking things a bit too far and too seriously for what is, in the grand scheme of things, a video game.
Oh, I am not getting angry about anything, not even the possible DLC picks. Even if I don't like it, I will gladly accept it, regardless.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm curious, what do you think a non-Slime Dragon Quest character could do? If the signs are pointing more towards Erdrick, I'm not sure what they could offer considering the original trilogy was from a first person perspective.

Granted I myself have only played through the original Dragon Quest (I hear DQII has huge balance issues).
Outside of the generic swordfighter trope, there's plenty of magic/skills they could incorporate into Erdrick's moveset: Kafrizz, Kacrack, Kaboom, Kazap, Falcon Slash, Gigaslah, etc. Summoning monsters or variations of Slime enemies would be something that would be interesting and not too far outside the realm of possibility. Imagine a cross between Robin and Link with a touch of King DDD summons.

DQ is a monumental game series for JRPG history. Its inclusion would be awesome and incredibly fitting.

Plus, while it isn't quite Chrono Trigger, it's in the same artstyle, so I kind of get a CT character. It'll do! :p
If Square-Enix decides to "generously" give us two music tracks again from one of their flagship JRPG franchises, maybe they'll supplement it by giving us a song or two from other famous Nintendo JRPGs like Chrono Trigger, Itadaki Street, Secret of Mana and or Super Mario RPG to fill out the music list.

Last edited:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
User was warned for this post; flaming

are you 12

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
12 year olds wouldn't know who Geno or Banjo are so no
Wouldn’t they know Banjo from Microsoft’s current game service services, and wouldn’t they know Geno from either Smash 4’s DLC shop or from WoL?

Edit: Not saying they necessarily would know them, but it isn’t impossible that they might since these modern avenues of being exposed to them do exist.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
He kept posting hate at Chrom fans and just would not stop doing that one specific thing to the point he earned himself a permaban. When he was unbanned he did the same **** and then did it for Zelda fans too
EDIT: Oops, double post
I won't go into the specifics, however, perma-bans can be appealed within Forum Support. If Admins feel like you have learned your lesson they will un-ban you under a thin-ice policy. If you continue to violate site policy after that then you can be super-perma-banned, which basically is you're treated like a spam-bot with your IP being banned and no longer being able to access Forum Support.

Room Ban - Can no longer post in a specific thread or board for a set period of time (is a newer feature)
Regular Ban - If you have 6 Active Points, expires by itself overtime. Staff have no direct involvement beyond issuing the infractions.
Perma-Ban - Is done directly by Staff Members.
Super-Ban - Your IP is banned and you no longer can use PMs or Forum Support.
Deleted Account - Done by request or if you are known to be age 12 & under (legal issues)

D

Deleted member

I know persons younger than me who have heard or seen Geno in any form. Either from the SNES Classic or Smash Bros.

And i am 17 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I know persons younger than me who have heard or seen Geno in any form. Either from the SNES Classic or Smash Bros.

And i am 17 years old.
The only reason I've seen kids who know Geno is because of Smash speculation tbh and not because of SMRPG

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Wouldn’t they know Banjo from Microsoft’s current game service services, and wouldn’t they know Geno from either Smash 4’s DLC shop or from WoL?
That's not really knowing something though. If someone asks me "Hey, that colleague of yours is pretty hot, you know them?" I'd go "Sir please leave" and then "I don't know her other than by name". It's like if I showed a pic of my Baltan Figuart and they later saw Baltan in something they'd go "Hey that's the thing Gwen posted" and not "Oh cool Baltan from Ultraman"

Although tbf you could argue I'm arguing semantics as you know what it DOES look like I'm doing that

D

Deleted member

The only reason I've seen kids who know Geno is because of Smash speculation tbh and not because of SMRPG
That is the most common reason that i’ve seen.

The SNES Classic was also the reason behind a few of them.

D

Deleted member

I honestly don't see any reason to believe the full set that includes Steve, Ryu Hayabusa, and DOOM Marine.
Erdrick definitely. Can't reasonably be denied at this point.

But the leak with the other three doesn't really have much going for it EXCEPT Erdrick....and that isn't a strong point by itself....
If that was the one that claimed a GrandBlue fighting game was in development, then there'd be something to make it worth looking into, but that was a DIFFERENT leak that happened to be from the same site like when 4chan gets them a dime a dozen with varying content.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I won't go into the specifics, however, perma-bans can be appealed within Forum Support. If Admins feel like you have learned your lesson they will un-ban you under a thin-ice policy. If you continue to violate site policy after that then you can be super-perma-banned, which basically is you're treated like a spam-bot with your IP being banned and no longer being able to access Forum Support.

Room Ban - Can no longer post in a specific thread or board for a set period of time (is a newer feature)
Regular Ban - If you have 6 Active Points, expires by itself overtime. Staff have no direct involvement beyond issuing the infractions.
Perma-Ban - Is done directly by Staff Members.
Super-Ban - Your IP is banned and you no longer can use PMs or Forum Support.
Deleted Account - Done by request or if you are known to be age 12 & under (legal issues)
Well it didn't ****ing work because if you scream "UNBAN ME MY FREE SPEECH RIGHTS ARE BEING DENIED" then you didn't learn your lesson and quite frankly the admin whounbanned that guy should be ****ing fired. I even ****ing DMed the admin in question warning them about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom