• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
So, Snake is Ness's father?

Explains why he isnt in home, while in Mission, he call his son via Codec lol

And calls Mei Ling to save his son adventure file.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think I'm gonna go ahead and not worry about unlocking Elite Smash for now and not worry too much about my short term GSP. It's making me feel way too stressed out in matches worrying about losing progress if I lose a match, and it's kind of sucking the fun out of it for me.

If I get Elite Smash someday, cool; but honestly, I'm just not gonna worry about it for now. I think I'll enjoy online much more if I go with this mentality, lol.

The_Thumbs

Smash Cadet
A general idea I had about Smash and Spirits. Anyone else see them possibly adding a custom spirit mode? Essentially make your own spirit fight, where you can change the parameters and such. I don't imagine they'd let us upload our own .png for the spirits, but custom made fights perhaps still. Sort of like Luigi's Balloon World or Mario Maker where people could then upload these custom challenges online. People able to tweak things like size, AI, item appearances, etc.
As an idea, you could create a match against a :ultganondorf: teamed with a :ultdarkpit: (:ultpit: or :ultyounglink: could work too) who uses a lot of Arrows. Drop them on the most Norse stage you can. Make some sort of "Deity of Battle" name for it, and upload it. Then people fight it, and you'd get cool stats of seeing like how many people completed it. Maybe a way to rate the battles. Then you can look up custom spirit battles by either rating or difficulty or perhaps some other measures.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I think I'm gonna go ahead and not worry about unlocking Elite Smash for now and not worry too much about my short term GSP. It's making me feel way too stressed out in matches worrying about losing progress if I lose a match, and it's kind of sucking the fun out of it for me.

If I get Elite Smash someday, cool; but honestly, I'm just not gonna worry about it for now. I think I'll enjoy online much more if I go with this mentality, lol.
It's ok, Elite Smash and GSP mean nothing.

As long as you find your ideal matchmaking range and create/join arenas, you're golden.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's ok, Elite Smash and GSP mean nothing.

As long as you find your ideal matchmaking range and create/join arenas, you're golden.
That's good to hear, thanks!

I just think I'll enjoy the game more playing it that way. It makes the game overall feel less stressful, so I think I'll enjoy it way more playing it that way. Stuff I've read about GSP and Elite Smash like this make it seem like it's a really confusing thing to keep up with anyways.

Switching gears now, man, WoL is FUN. Like, super fun. The difficulty and variety of each fight keep me coming back for small burst play every now and then and I'm having a great time with it. I probably like it more than SSE at this point; it just feels like it fits as a fighting game campaign more than SSE did.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
That's good to hear, thanks!

I just think I'll enjoy the game more playing it that way. It makes the game overall feel less stressful, so I think I'll enjoy it way more playing it that way. Stuff I've read about GSP and Elite Smash like this make it seem like it's a really confusing thing to keep up with anyways.

Switching gears now, man, WoL is FUN. Like, super fun. The difficulty and variety of each fight keep me coming back for small burst play every now and then and I'm having a great time with it. I probably like it more than SSE at this point; it just feels like it fits as a fighting game campaign more than SSE did.
GSP became pointless the moment I saw that FFAs, FFAs with items, teams, and 1v1s (with items!) all counted towards the same score.

Absolutely ridiculous. Give them all a separate rank or none at all.

D

Deleted member

GSP became pointless the moment I saw that FFAs, FFAs with items, teams, and 1v1s (with items!) all counted towards the same score.

Absolutely ridiculous. Give them all a separate rank or none at all.
Wait, what? So you could potentially grind up your GSP with casual matches and FFA zoning strats?

That's kind of dumb. Man, why couldn't they just put in a proper Ranked Mode and ranks like Splatoon has? Instead we have this weird point and score system that all in all just seems super confusing and punishing...

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

By the way, you sure are putting out a lot of remixes. Did you go pro, or are you throwing stuff out?
I'm just throwing stuff out. I have another email address, though, so I'll have another 3 hours when I need it.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Random question: How do you change your playable fighter and name when fighting in the Spirit board?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Inklings better stay as the best characters in Smash Ultimate

D

Deleted member

I still believe it to be pikachu for now. Inkling seems to have kind of a learning curve
Ditto there. Inklings are fantastic, but are by no means Bayo level gods: They have a very high learning curve to do anything proper with them, and a lot of their kill confirms rely on good reads and punishing to avoid being shielded. They're not as tricky as, say, Isabelle, but there's still a lot you have to keep track of when playing as them; and while their combos with Nair are really good, they're hard to get right as the hitbox on Nair is super tiny.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Ditto there. Inklings are fantastic, but are by no means Bayo level gods: They have a very high learning curve to do anything proper with them, and a lot of their kill confirms rely on good reads and punishing to avoid being shielded. They're not as tricky as, say, Isabelle, but there's still a lot you have to keep track of when playing as them; and while their combos with Nair are really good, they're hard to get right as the hitbox on Nair is super tiny.
I think that later in the meta when more people understand them, they definitely have potential to be the best character. But in terms of what we can do right now, probably not

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The cool thing about the Don't Park On The Grass Invitational in my eyes is that it shows that at least now just about every character has something that makes them viable and I really hope that variety really sticks throughout the competitive meta. The game just feels so good.

D

Deleted member

I think that later in the meta when more people understand them, they definitely have potential to be the best character. But in terms of what we can do right now, probably not
They'll be beasts in the hands of good players, but I don't think they'll dominate when they have swordies like Chrom to contend with.

IMO the only character I think that got overhyped was K. Rool. He's good, but he's not amazing, and characters with a reflect/pocket can screw him over super hard as his projectiles are key to some of his approaches and zoning. Fast characters can also abuse the heck out of his poor frame data.

Also, is Game & Watch really popular right now? I keep finding players online who are super good with him and he's probably the character giving me the most problems right now (especially with K. Rool).

Last edited by a moderator:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Completed all of the Challenges except for the Online board and have around ~120 spirits left to go. At this point it's just grinding SP to summon the exclusives and entering 4 Player matches with multiple different characters I suck as.

I can definitely notice some frame drops here and there but so far I'm having better connectivity than previous games and have yet to run into taunt parties.

If you're having trouble with 9.9 I'd recommend King K. Rool as all of his matches are 1v1 against slower characters with Galleom being easier to manage than most of the other bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom