• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
So yeah, anybody else getting the feeling all the fighters are gonna be 3rd party? I'm really feelin it.

Sora, Banjo, Sub Zero, Tetris, it's happening

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
After Reggie's comments, this is the strongest I've ever believed in Phoenix.

Yes, I still see a game without more than one with him included, but this is definitely the best standing he's ever had to be in Smash.
Characters like Crash and Doomguy also seem like they have better chances now.

D

Deleted member

....Well, that's that. I knew was possible, but didn't want to believe it. I have no words right now.

But, hey. This is what it is. To DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon and all the other Joker supporters out there, congratulations! Your boi got in, and hope he's lit.

I suppose, as an SMT fan, I'll get my chance another day...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
the joker reveal and the thought of Last Surprise being in Smash made me more hype than Smash being announced to begin with at the beginning of the year

bois

this is an ultimate game

D

Deleted member

WELP, GUESS WHO I'M MAINING WITH INKLING.

LIFE WILL CHANGE, BABY! WOOOOOOOOO

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
I guess we could say that Joker stole the show...
And SmashBoards for what's worth XD

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
I told everyone no one ****ing knows what the DLC is gonna be it's all speculation at this point but hey people keep believing leakers on Smash DLC right now when realistically no one who doesn't work at Nintendo as higher up or at Sora team knows anything regarding it.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
My jaw dropped. At first I was like, "Oh cool, Persona 5. Is it getting announced on the Switch?" Then I saw the Smash logo and my jaw dropped. I did not see this coming, especially since we all thought the DLC characters were gonna be older characters, not a character from a game that came out last year! I pre-ordered Persona 5 and played it when it first came out. It's not my favorite JRPG, but I like the series nonetheless and I'm really happy Joker is in.
ME TOO.

I was thinking "Persona 5 Crimson for Switch? A welcome surprise."

AND THEN THE ****ING LETTER WITH THE SMASH SEAL ON IT SHOWED UP AND I SCREAMED

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
I ****ing knew that Smash DLC, even if it was promotional, wasn't going to disappoint. They need to sell after all.

BUT GODDAMN I DID NOT EXPECT THEM TO GO OUT SWINGING WITH JOKER

I already bought the fighter pass. I'm all in Nintendo.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm forcing myself to be calm so I can type this but I screamed so loudly at that reveal and for so long and now I'm actually crying. My roommates are in the same situation

None of us Joker "supporters" ever thought he was even a remote possibility. We always said he had potential but no one truly believed

I always say that the people in my signature were pipe dreams, that I only supported pipe dreams and impossible picks so I could have fun without overhyping myself

But this happened

This REALLY happened

And

Yeah

I never saw it coming.

Haha. Jesus. This is one hell of a way to end the prerelease. This is a dream. This has been the most excited and happy I've ever been, the most hype I've ever been for a videogame. Ever. And now one of my three biggest pipe dreams made it.

Yeah, I'm definitely crying. I love you all so much. I'm never going to stop thinking about this.
Man, same. I never thought it would be real and the trailer was perfect. Damn, what a way to start Fighter Pass, Persona was my biggest want, I no longer want anything from this game.

And I love you, too, guys.

Pakky

Smash Hero
THE LEAKERS HAVE BEEN FELLED I REPEAT, THE LEAKERS HAVE BEEN FELLED.

LITERALLY NOBODY GUESSED THIS.

LEAKERS KNOW NOTHING!
THROW OUT EVERYONE, NO ONE MATTERS ANYMORE. TIMES UP BOYS YOU'RE ALL DONE LIKE A POT ROAST!

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
So freaking happy for the Joker supporters here. They were always so chill and seeing the genuine excitement gets me excited. EXACTLY how I felt with Ridley. Dang guys, I'm so excited.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Repeating myself: I still want steve...or Rayman.

Oh pleez let rayman Rayman be in don't break my heart

culumon

Smash Apprentice
Joker's reveal is making a lot of people happy and excited and at the end of the day that's all anyone can ask for.

But also I'm salty because the trailer started and I was like "oh sick a Switch port?" and then the letter turned around and I was like "oh that's pretty neat. I guess this means a Switch port has to be coming huh" but the night is over and STILL no Switch port. Where's my damn Switch port, Atlus

Untouch

Smash Master
Well with the news that none of the characters are from represented series, Dragon Quest is nearly confirmed at this point, but who will it be?

Roberk

Smash Champion
ME TOO.

I was thinking "Persona 5 Crimson for Switch? A welcome surprise."

AND THEN THE FUKCING LETTER WITH THE SMASH SEAL ON IT SHOWED UP AND I SCREAMED
I've been waiting to play Persona 5 ever since it came out but never had a PlayStation, I really hope Joker opens the door to Crimson on Switch.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Now that was a reveal. Oooh Man. Joker's ****ing in!

Just gonna drop my (incredibly vague) predictions here for the night

1. Erdrick
2. Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell
3. Banjo or Steve (We're getting one. I don't want either, but I want Steve to stay the **** away from this game)
4. Atlus/Sega Rep (There's a lot that can be put here, but I can't pinpoint exactly what is more likely)
5. Obligatory rando 3rd Party (Reimu/Saber/Bubsy/Neptune/Laharl etc)
Got one of em! Let's see how far my prediction goes!

D

Deleted member

Remember that there's that January Direct for Metroid, y'all.

But uh... Wow.

LITERALLY EVERY LEAKER JUST GOT BTFO'D.

NO SQUARE REP.
NO GRANBLUE.
NO NAMCO REP.

ALL. BETS. ARE. OFF.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I can see all the casuals thinking Batman's Joker is in Smash when they read/hear about Joker being confirmed lol
Can't wait for this to happen

He's a phantom thief who uses a Stand, a knife and a gun. He steals the hearts of corrupt authority figures to make them admit their crimes. He's voiced by Announcer.
Huh, I guess that's why they had him do all those random ads...

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Hey.

Do you guys all remember when 3 or 4 were talking about Joker in smash what? 5000 or 6000 pages ago?

Do you remember how it was the chilliest talk ever until people told us it would never happens?

I do remember.

I dunno if you do DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon but I do.

And I'm happy it's happening

Last edited:

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
He was one of my most wanted fighters, hah hah. **** yes, I am so pumped up. Hope you guys aren't disappointed, because I'm for sure not

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Remember that there's that January Direct for Metroid, y'all.

But uh... Wow.

LITERALLY EVERY LEAKER JUST GOT BTFO'D.

NO SQUARE REP.
NO GRANBLUE.
NO NAMCO REP.

ALL. BETS. ARE. OFF.
Okay, but what are the chances for a Microsoft rep

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If that Smash newcomer reveal was Yu Narukami from P4, I would have been super excited. Wish I played Persona 5 to get excited about Joker to get hyped about it. Boy... that definitely changes speculation. Sakurai got me again. I had that weird gut feeling that Sakurai would go for Persona as that Bayonetta type choice, representing one of the best JRPG franchises ever despite it selling less than the third-party big guns. I was not able to willingly predict Joker because of my conflict with possible Ultimate project plan dates preceding P5's game release, and I was pretty firm on 2015. .-.

I am fine with Joker as a playable character. The only thing I want now is Persona 5 to come to Switch so I can get into the P5 craze. Nintendo's selection for Smash character DLC is looking to be very promising. Joker gives me hope for third-parties like Sora and Layton. Now I kinda hope we get that DLC line-up direction primarily based on third-party guests.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm breaking my "only one main" rule

**** it

Joker

there's gonna be a joker kirby hat

Status