• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
What if the Smash surprise at the VGAs wasn’t a DLC character but instead was them saying at the end of the show that you can play smash digitally right now, you don’t have to wait until midnight?
I'll already be playing it in the UK so I'd have no strong feeling one way or the other.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Just gonna drop my (incredibly vague) predictions here for the night

1. Erdrick
2. Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell
3. Banjo or Steve (We're getting one. I don't want either, but I want Steve to stay the **** away from this game)
4. Atlus/Sega Rep (There's a lot that can be put here, but I can't pinpoint exactly what is more likely)
5. Obligatory rando 3rd Party (Reimu/Saber/Bubsy/Neptune/Laharl etc)

D

Deleted member

Tomorrow is finally the day.

I will unlock every song in Ultimate.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Just got a message that my copy of Ultimate and Ridley amiibo are ready for in-store pickup, hopefully they actually hand them over lol.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Smash Bros. actually releases before The Game Awards start for me so I most likely won't be here to watch it. Regardless, the day will be doubly exciting given Smash and some of the announcements already hinted at tomorrow.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Just gonna drop my (incredibly vague) predictions here for the night

1. Erdrick
2. Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell
3. Banjo or Steve (We're getting one. I don't want either, but I want Steve to stay the **** away from this game)
4. Atlus/Sega Rep (There's a lot that can be put here, but I can't pinpoint exactly what is more likely)
5. Obligatory rando 3rd Party (Reimu/Saber/Bubsy/Neptune/Laharl etc)
Mine :

1. Erdrick
2. Erdrick
3. Erdrick
4. Erdrick
5. Erdrick

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Welllllllll

Maybe post DLC it’s a best game :upsidedown:
dlc is still free tho

im not even saying its the absolute best kirby game but it has playable magolor, gooey returning, some of the best music in the series, one of the best villains, the actual best final boss in the franchise and some of the heaviest lore

its a game made for fans and if you aren't a fan i don't think you'd appreciate it

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
What’s the first thing every one is gonna do (in game) once they get the game?

I’m gonna play classic mode as Kirby

So I can fight Marx in glorious HD

D

Deleted member

I will try to unlock every content related to Metroid (characters, stages, music, spirits and Mii costumes).

Bionichute

Smash Champion

go into training mode to test every character at the start and then i'm conflicted between doing classic mode first or world of light first

i might just go with world of light first

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
dlc is still free tho

im not even saying its the absolute best kirby game but it has playable magolor, gooey returning, some of the best music in the series, one of the best villains, the actual best final boss in the franchise and some of the heaviest lore

its a game made for fans and if you aren't a fan i don't think you'd appreciate it
Nah I’m a big Kirby fan. Just found Star Allies too boring and easy (until world 4) to stick with.

I appreciate that they went all out with the fan service though. Playing as Marx was great

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Nah I’m a big Kirby fan. Just found Star Allies too boring and easy (until world 4) to stick with.

I appreciate that they went all out with the fan service though. Playing as Marx was great
i mean if we're being fair, NOW the game has the absolute hardest mode in the franchise in it with soul melter dx

Bee Card

Smash Ace

Will see in the controls options if there's a way to do a ****ing tilt easier than what was offered in previous games. But I think there will not be a new and better option so I will spit at the game then I will play multiplayers mode

Last edited:

segillav

Smash Apprentice
Played Smash 4 Wii U for probably the last time in quite a while. Amusingly I unlocked the song
Vs. Marx
while playing.

Play a few Vs. matches to get a feel for the game first. Then I'll probably do Classic Mode with Kirby since he's the Original 8 character I play the most.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I'm going to play an 8 player match with the original 8 first (Probably as Mario), then either go through Classic or WoL to unlock everyone else.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
Can't believe it's literally a matter of hours, now. What a wait it's been!

What’s the first thing every one is gonna do (in game) once they get the game?[/SPOILER]
Very first thing I'll do is poke around the Options menu, then get my controls and nametag set up. Then I'll alternate Vs matches and Classic mode to unlock characters.
First I'm gonna do a simple Mario vs Link on Battlefield match to get accustomed to the new game, and do matches until Ness shows up, then I'm going to do Link's Classic mode to fight Ganon and unlock K. Rool. After that, I'll unlock Zelda through Vs, then do her Classic to unlock Robin... and from there, I'll be flying blind. I don't know whose Classic unlocks who, or what order the rest of the characters join in Vs beyond those few, so once I've got a small handful of the characters I plan to play, the rest will be a surprise! I think that's the funnest way of doing it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pika classic mode to get my Monado Boi, and then probably accidentally unlock every single other fighter when me and my sis spam VS matches for fun :p

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

First I'm going to try out the controls in training mode with Mario

Then I'm going to do an all stage marathon with 3 other CPUs in 5 minute casual matches, by the time I'm done I'll have probably unlocked a majority of the cast

Calamitas

Smash Champion

Make it so that the XBC2 songs never play on Gaur Plains, and then try to unlock Shulk and Inkling.

D

Deleted member

I can't believe we're already so close. Feels like yesterday we were so obsessed with which silhouette is who's in the very first teaser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom