• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Sora is 100% not in the game. I can't elaborate why, but I can tell you with complete certainty that he is not. I'm as close to sure as I can be that Geno is not in the game as well. I'd come to these conclusions prior to speaking with Vergeben and what he had to say only served as further confirmation.
Aaaaaaand there it is.

I can't even say I'm surprised since I've known about this since October.

Sora will 99.99% not be in this game (as of right now). The 0.01% chance that I still believe is my own bias saying otherwise. I'm as confident in this statement as any other that I've made and said I have confidence in.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of Joker, as cool as it would be to get an SMT rep in the roster, I feel like he's too visually-similar to Bayonetta. He'd look like he'd be her son just going off on the color schemes and coincidentally-similar summoning abilities. Narukami would probably have better odds. I'm inclined to say Aigis for Persona 3, but she uses guns almost as much as Bayonetta does so she wouldn't bring much to the table. Then again, Narukami is another sword user which we already have a ton of in the roster...

See, this is why the Demi-Fiend is the first SMT rep that comes to mind when I think of who a third Sega rep could be in Smash. He's got a massive pool of abilities that would set him apart from other hand-to-hand brawlers.
I don't really think Joker and Bayonetta are too visually similar, really. Or Aegis would fight like an Umbran Witch. Or Yu...

You know, you can just say you want Demi-fiend.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Sora is 100% not in the game. I can't elaborate why, but I can tell you with complete certainty that he is not. I'm as close to sure as I can be that Geno is not in the game as well. I'd come to these conclusions prior to speaking with Vergeben and what he had to say only served as further confirmation.
So we're down to Erdrick, Luminary, Sephiroth, Crono and Noctis Slime. Realistically not Slime either.

I'm personally pulling for Crono.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, so the TL;DR I got out of what I've read on this thread is:
-sources say SE is Sephiroth or Geno, and Geno is very likely to be leakbait, making Sephiroth the SE character by default.
-Lloyd vs. Yuri, with signs pointing to Yuri due to being a "shill character" that starts with the letter "Y".
-No one really knows what the **** is up with Steve.
-Someone with the letter "L" is also in.
-No one from after 2014 (so does this mean someone from 2014??)

Any corrections?

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So we're down to Erdrick, Luminary, Sephiroth, Crono and Noctis
Where the heck did Noctis come from?
-sources say SE is Sephiroth or Geno, and Geno is very likely to be leakbait, making Sephiroth the SE character by default.
-Lloyd vs. Yuri, with signs pointing to Yuri due to being a "shill character" that starts with the letter "Y".

Any corrections?
Letter "L" dude is Lloyd.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
....then who's the "Y" shill? We're not getting BOTH Lloyd and Yuri.
They're competing against each other for one slot.

So anyways, here's the current predictions:
  • Erdrick (Japanese Pick)
  • Steve
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Doom Slayer (American Pick)
  • Monster Hunter

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Speaking of Joker, as cool as it would be to get an SMT rep in the roster, I feel like he's too visually-similar to Bayonetta. He'd look like he'd be her son just going off on the color schemes and coincidentally-similar summoning abilities. Narukami would probably have better odds. I'm inclined to say Aigis for Persona 3, but she uses guns almost as much as Bayonetta does so she wouldn't bring much to the table. Then again, Narukami is another sword user which we already have a ton of in the roster...

See, this is why the Demi-Fiend is the first SMT rep that comes to mind when I think of who a third Sega rep could be in Smash. He's got a massive pool of abilities that would set him apart from other hand-to-hand brawlers.
Respect for the Demi-fiend support...

Buuuuuuut Joker could easily be different from Bayonetta, honestly.
Their body language, shape, and combat abilities are pretty different and he'd only really share a similar-ish color-scheme with Bayo1, but he's a bit more red than she is.
Plus like if you look at Aigis in P4A and P4AU, I'm sure she'd be quite different from anything that I can think of.

D

Deleted member

Here's my problem with this. A, we've had such a burnout of so many "insiders" and B, the secrecy of the supposed Square rep. As much as I wanna believe this, the problem isn't you guys, it's just a really unfortunate set of events for "insiders" who wanna prove they have a shred of credibility and how this cycle up to Ultimate's release has been.

Who knows, maybe it's me. But I just wanna see an insider/"leaker" who has the amount of cred as someone like Spawn Wave, per se, and not a hit or miss like we always have. Don't forget how every insider said the Nintendo Switch 2017 Presentation's lineup was fake.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Yuri is the shill, and it's either Lloyd or Yuri, not both.
They're competing against each other for one slot.
Going to need further context.
Is it being said that there is for sure the shill (in which case, Yuri would be the definitive choice over Lloyd)?

Likewise, was the "L" thing just a hint that Lloyd's name has been thrown around, or that there is for sure someone starting the letter "L"?

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Any corrections?
Maybe i’ve Missed something too. But i’ve not seen anything here where any of the remaining 5 Square characters were more likely than any other. Just no Sora and.... no Geno :(

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Here's my problem with this. A, we've had such a burnout of so many "insiders" and B, the secrecy of the supposed Square rep. As much as I wanna believe this, the problem isn't you guys, it's just a really unfortunate set of events for "insiders" who wanna prove they have a shred of credibility and how this cycle up to Ultimate's release has been.

Who knows, maybe it's me. But I just wanna see an insider/"leaker" who has the amount of cred as someone like Spawn Wave, per se, and not a hit or miss like we always have. Don't forget how every insider said the Nintendo Switch 2017 Presentation's lineup was fake.
I'm inclined to believe him; Sora isn't the Square Enix rep gosh that hurts to type one month ago he seemed so likely.

I've got reasons for this by the way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dude, it was explicitly told that Lloyd and Yuri was heard. They are the L and Y
Don't "dude" me. I'm well aware of the fact that both have been heard. Read my previous post to get what I'm questioning at.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Okay, so basically

-Geno isn't happening
-Sora isn't happening
-Neku was never even a possibility.

Well, there's me not caring about the Square rep anymore. And there's me also not caring about Lloyd or Yuri.

Damn I just gotta hope the last 3 slots are something I like, then. That or I get into Tales.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Logistically wouldn't Sora be considered the Disney rep and not the Square Enix rep?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I don't really think Joker and Bayonetta are too visually similar, really. Or Aegis would fight like an Umbran Witch. Or Yu...

You know, you can just say you want Demi-fiend.
I am biased toward Demi-Fiend, no doubt, but I'm open to the idea of Persona protagonists too. If I had to order which ones I'd want to see in Smash (other than Demi-Fiend), it'd be Aigis first, then Narukami, then Joker.

With Aigis, you can at least modify how her dakka works to set her apart from Bayo, and she'd have Athena at her disposal.

Narukami would also have his own summon in the form of Izanagi, so he'd be unique by sword-fighter standards, but we have way less bullet-fighters than sword-fighters, so at least Aigis would fill in a more niche role despite looking a bit similar to Bayonetta on the gameplay surface.

Finally, there's Joker, who rocks the coolest getup out of all the main Persona protagonists so far, but he looks too similar to Bayonetta imo.

I can't exactly vouch much for Jack Frost as cool as he would be (no pun intended), because mascot fighters are low-priority for me. I'd definitely take Jack Frost over Slime though, that's for sure. At the end of the day, I'd be fine with whoever.

Respect for the Demi-fiend support...

Buuuuuuut Joker could easily be different from Bayonetta, honestly.
Their body language, shape, and combat abilities are pretty different and he'd only really share a similar-ish color-scheme with Bayo1, but he's a bit more red than she is.
Plus like if you look at Aigis in P4A and P4AU, I'm sure she'd be quite different from anything that I can think of.
We'd also get pretty rad music if we get any Persona Fighter, really. I love the campiness of it.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I will never give up on Sora, even if all these damn leakers are against me.
Look, buddy, from one Sora fan to another: give up. We lost this round. It's time to recoup and get a plan going. If we can light a fire under Square Enix and Nintendo's asses then we can maybe get Sora for a potential Season 2.
Okay, so basically

-Geno isn't happening
-Sora isn't happening
-Neku was never even a possibility.

Well, there's me not caring about the Square rep anymore. And there's me also not caring about Lloyd or Yuri.

Damn I just gotta hope the last 3 slots are something I like, then. That or I get into Tales.
Tales of is a great series though.

Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition comes out soon and Yuri is the most popular character in the franchise. Tales of the Abyss is extremely cheap on 3DS, and Tales of Symphonia remastered is available on the PS3.

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I'm gonna place a bet, Whatever SE rep gets revealed, i'll play a game relating to the rep
If the SE Rep is the Luminary i'll play Dragon Quest XI
If the SE Rep is Erdrick i'll play Dragon Quest III
If the SE Rep is Slime i'll play Rocket Slime or Dragon Quest Monsters
If the SE rep is Crono i'll play Chrono Trigger
and if the SE rep is Sepiroth i'll play Final Fantasy VII

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
Look, buddy, from one Sora fan to another: give up. We lost this round. It's time to recoup and reignite the community. If we can light a fire under Square Enix's *** then we can maybe get Sora for a potential Season 2.
I'm not giving up until the reveal happens, cause if I'm the only one that believes in the end and miraculously he gets in, that would feel so good.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm gonna place a bet, Whatever SE rep gets revealed, i'll play a game relating to the rep
If the SE Rep is the Luminary i'll play Dragon Quest XI
If the SE Rep is Erdrick i'll play Dragon Quest III
If the SE Rep is Slime i'll play Rocket Slime or Dragon Quest Monsters
If the SE rep is Crono i'll play Chrono Trigger
and if the SE rep is Sepiroth i'll play Final Fantasy VII
I'd take you up on that, but there's no way I'm playing old Dragon Quest.

D

Deleted member

I'm inclined to believe him; Sora isn't the Square Enix rep gosh that hurts to type one month ago he seemed so likely.

I've got reasons for this by the way.
This really isn't about Sora himself, just any type of "info" that we receive. How about that supposed Minecraft boss being the only thing with Hitagi saying Steve's in? What about Skull Kid?

I just wanna see a CM Punk-level of a pipebomb happen, and we all know where are eyes go to. But if and/or when that comes to pass, I just have major burnout.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
I'll admit im a little worried with Yuri over Lloyd because of the new remaster to Vesperia but I feel like in the long run Lloyd offers a more unique take on the sword fighters and Sakurai has shown perfectly that he's all about taking on new unique fighters

D

Deleted member

So, while I was bored, I came up with the idea of making a medieval fantasy Metroidvania game and a futuristic 2-D action platformer game.

Oh, and RIP Sora in Smash apparently.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm just personally exhausted by the Square discussion.

As long as it's not DQ I'm good. I'm gucci.

And I have multiple reasons for not wanting DQ. The main one being that I have no personal experience with this franchise and it would be the least exciting of the options for me.

And this is personally how I feel A LOT of people might feel about Dragon Quest if it's chosen in the West. It's just ''Okay. Sure. Whatever." for a lot of people because it's still not a thing over here really.

It just doesn't seem to interest us Americans much

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Except for Pokemon moms.
Not Chrono's mom!

Well, unless the events at the end of the game go poorly...
As long as it's not DQ I'm good.
Well then, I guess I'm good as long as you end up disappointed.
It just doesn't seem to interest us Americans much
Yeah, well, we just got Ridley and K.Rool, who Japan doesn't give a **** about. So maybe it's time Japan get's something.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
This really isn't about Sora himself, just any type of "info" that we receive. How about that supposed Minecraft boss being the only thing with Hitagi saying Steve's in? What about Skull Kid?

I just wanna see a CM Punk-level of a pipebomb happen, and we all know where are eyes go to. But if and/or when that comes to pass, I just have major burnout.
To be honest I might take a step back from the community after the SE rep is revealed. It's something I've been tossing around in my head for a while, but this is the least amount of fun I've had speculating in the entire time I've been a part of the speculation community, and if things keep going as such I want little part in it. After the SE rep is revealed I'll also have no more stake when it comes to character inclusions (I accept a Persona rep is highly unlikely, especially if Nintendo made the list), so I'll have no reason to hang around other than to chill with you guys. I'll probably move mainly to the Social thread or just post a lot less, but leaving is certainly an idea, especially because I've also got a life that's only going to get busier and I'll have much less time for procrastinating on Smashboards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom