• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
Also we have 5 confirmed DLC slots. 5 slots. Not all of them need to be big marketing things or super popular icons. There’s 5 slots. Some can be for the core community (Geno, Banjo, etc) and some can be for the general (Steve, Sora, etc).
This is what I've been saying, probably fanpicks, a couple third parties, and something promotional like Corrin

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
Also we have 5 confirmed DLC slots. 5 slots. Not all of them need to be big marketing things or super popular icons. There’s 5 slots. Some can be for the core community (Geno, Banjo, etc) and some can be for the general (Steve, Sora, etc).
haha
obviously we have a big battle royale where characters get killed by others so we are justified to hate one specific character.
Cloud dabbed on Crono, it was really sad

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
W-Well this smash had a lot of newcomers villains so m-m-maybe some DLC characters are villains, one or two... hahaha right? doesn't that sound like, like, like it makes sense?

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
Watch all the DLC pics are from series that are not represented in Smash in any way. Dragon Quest (or Chrono Trigger), Tales of... Not saying this is gonna happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did
People keep talking about Chrono Trigger, but I think there's no way in hell that's happening. Did you see the steam version they put out for that game? They don't really care about it anymore sadly

D

Deleted member

I'm probably gonna use Ken and Dark Samus over Ryu and Samus.
Feels like I'm in the minority of preferring Simon over Richter.

I can think of one reason.
Simon is 100% a chad, but I prefer pretty boys over chads, so Richter it is for me

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
They
  1. Aren't made for Smash
  2. Affect gameplay
The only thing keeping them from being trophies for me is not knowing if they give character info and their game origin

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I'm aware but that friend of mine in particular gets really stressed out if something doesn't go his way or he misses out on something and I'm just sitting there like "If there was a god, why would they do this to a cinnamon roll like that?"
Sounds like this would be a prime opportunity for personal growth on his part then

D

Deleted member

W-Well this smash had a lot of newcomers villains so m-m-maybe some DLC characters are villains, one or two... hahaha right? doesn't that sound like, like, like it makes sense?
I don't think it's impossible. Heck, one of the Square reps people tossed around is Sephiroth, so that would be a DLC villain. And I'm sure its possible for another series to get a villain in there. Maybe like Hades or Medusa from Kid Icarus.

Or who knows; one of them could be King Boo lol.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
People keep talking about Chrono Trigger, but I think there's no way in hell that's happening. Did you see the steam version they put out for that game? They don't really care about it anymore sadly
I agree completely. I don't think Chrono has any chance at all. I wholeheartedly believe it's Dragon Quest. I just mentioned Chrono because Chrono, along with Sephiroth and Erdrick, were the names Vergeben apparently heard the most

Doodleman999

Smash Rookie
Watch all the DLC pics are from series that are not represented in Smash in any way. Dragon Quest (or Chrono Trigger), Tales of... Not saying this is gonna happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did
Well the packs all come with music, so I'd love to spend money on songs from a new series, not so much if the music could have been in the base game and not seem special.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Well the packs all come with music, so I'd love to spend money on songs from a new series, not so much if the music could have been in the base game and not seem special.
That's a good point. I didn't think about it that way

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Why do people hate Bandana Dee so much?
Despite the fact that he's literally the 4th most prominent character in the modern Kirby series, people treat him like a generic enemy.

And considering we have :ultpiranha:, those people have better come up w/ an argument that makes sense b/c the one that didn't was still proven false.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I really like how Sakurai did Robobot and Star Allies dirty by only including like one song each only for HAL to get pissy and make a remix of the one Star Allies theme in Smash and make it perfect for Smash, the Rival From Another Dimension theme specifically

segillav

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone else always gonna use and echo over the base character?

I mean I'm 100% using Damus, Richter, Ken, and Lucina over their bases, and the only one because of gameplay differences only is Lucina
Lucina & Richter for sure + I'll probably use Peach/Daisy about equally. Not sure yet about Roy/Chrom & Ryu/Ken since I haven't played Ryu & Roy before & Chrom & Ken seem to be more different than the other echos.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I really like how Sakurai did Robobot and Star Allies dirty by only including like one song each only for HAL to get pissy and make a remix of the one Star Allies theme in Smash and make it perfect for Smash, the Rival From Another Dimension theme specifically
Or they are being held off for Bandana DeeLC!

Hopefully....

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
Now thinking about this tansut guy, I have this crazy theory. He said that whatever leaked “ruffled feathers” is a leak we have seen before. What if all along, the leak was that Hashimoto tweet saying “yes” to answer someone asking for Sora in smash? Now I know this is some tinfoil hat ****, but is this the leak he might be referring to that everyone may have overlooked? Just some food for thought.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
Now thinking about this tansut guy, I have this crazy theory. He said that whatever leaked “ruffled feathers” is a leak we have seen before. What if all along, the leak was that Hashimoto tweet saying “yes” to answer someone asking for Sora in smash? Now I know this is some tinfoil hat ****, but is this the leak he might be referring to that everyone may have overlooked? Just some food for thought.
You're getting to big brain levels now chief

Last edited:

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
I doubt Bandana Dee would give me Mind in the Program though he'd likely bring some more of the outright amazing Star Allies boss themes. Maybe VS Meta Knight and the new Nightmare remix?
Wouldn't he bring more Return to Dreamland music?

D

Deleted member

Inb4 tansut’s ruffled feathers leak was LeakyPandy saying Dragon Quest was in.

In fact, conspiracy time. We all know LeakyPandy is pretty unreliable right? What if the entire time, LeakyPandy’s account was run by Square themselves, and they purposefully leaked Dragon Quest. The reason they did this was so they could build a reputation as being a joke and having no credibility, so that when they actually leaked DQ nobody would believe it.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
But didn't Vergeben say in his private message that he heard that Sora was not it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom