• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
holy **** urbosa would be so ****ing sick, why have I not thought of that

new dream newcomer
they'd probably go with fish-chick Mipha though, she was the main Champion they showed off from what I remember. Or not, I don't think a single champion would do them all justice. I originally thought links normal smash moveset would be Breath of the wild inspired with his champion powers, but I think the best they have now is assist trophy slot. And that won't be added with dlc anyways, so rip.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Everyone's reaction if this is the DLC lineup? Yes these are my predictions now shush
View attachment 181259
Geno: Yes good I like

BK: Also good I'm on board

BDW: MA GET THE CAMERA I"M GOING TO EVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DX: YES!

Irving: Makes sense I want more muscular men I can enjoy being though.

For I am a muscular man... Though anime style characters are cool nothing against them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

On a side-note, that no characters after 2014 thing really narrows things down. It takes us from everybody we’ve already discussed to everybody we’ve already discussed-1!

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
That dude here on Smashboards that looks like Popeye. I forget his name, but he apparently has insider info and was saying that
Only character I can think about is Sylux then, if its from that timeframe and promotion

Flyboy

Smash Hero
On a side-note, that no characters after 2014 thing really narrows things down. It takes us from everybody we’ve already discussed to everybody we’ve already discussed-1!
At least we can stop saying "Fire Emblem Three Houses Promotional Rep" and "Gen 8 Pokemon" because oh my god

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
If it's true then that probably means no Edlegard and no Luminary. I want Edlegard but I'm fine without the Luminary since I want Erdrick

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That is true, but look at all the Nintendo characters we have across all Nintendo games. How many are not light skinned compared to those that are?
This is largely due to Japan being very homogeneous in its population. They don't have the same "let's appeal to every piece of the pie that we possibly can" thing going on that the States have had for the last few decades. The whole pie is the same flavor in terms of skin and hair color.

Doodleman999

Smash Rookie
Arguments for spirits deconfirming characters:
-No Piranha Plant Spirit
-Fighter Spirits being different than other equip-able spirits
-Sakurai saying that spirits are meant to simulate battles against non playable characters

Arguments against spirits deconfirming characters:
-Mewtwo and Lucas had trophies in base game in Smash 4 (along with other cut veterans from brawl such as Ice Climbers, Wolf, Ivysaur and Squirtle, so I think not including these two would have been a dead giveaway for DLC)
-My most wanted character is a spirit and I want to maintain hope at any cost

D

Deleted member

Who is this Yuri and why is she called as japanese lesbians.
Yuri’s from Tales of Vesperia. Same series Lloyd is from.

Wait a minute, Yuri? This isn’t videogames!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
why
new main
alright I guess
Now people can shut up about her having to be an echo fighter.
*sigh*
I'm surprised, this is like the only place I've seen opinions on Geno that aren't only positive,

Zeox

Smash Champion
Arguments for spirits deconfirming characters:
-No Piranha Plant Spirit
-Fighter Spirits being different than other equip-able spirits
-Sakurai saying that spirits are meant to simulate battles against non playable characters

Arguments against spirits deconfirming characters:
-Mewtwo and Lucas had trophies in base game in Smash 4 (along with other cut veterans from brawl such as Ice Climbers, Wolf, Ivysaur and Squirtle, so I think not including these two would have been a dead giveaway for DLC)
-My most wanted character is a spirit and I want to maintain hope at any cost
The difference with Smash 4 is that trophies are just decoration, but Spirits are actually used to fight and are part of the plot.
But the second my most wanted become a spirit I will change sides and scream "no no no, they don't deconfirm, everyone shut up!"

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
This is largely due to Japan being very homogeneous in its population. They don't have the same "let's appeal to every piece of the pie that we possibly can" thing going on that the States have had for the last few decades. The whole pie is the same flavor in terms of skin and hair color.
Exactly. This is why we mainly see light-skinned characters in Japanese games

Ivander

Smash Legend
Who is this Yuri and why is she called as japanese lesbians.
Yuri is a guy. He's from Tales of Vesperia. And one of his special moves involves going Blasting Zone on his enemies with a giant feather. And he's far from your goody two-shoes hero protagonist.
...Yuri is a common japanese name tho iirc
I thought it was a Russian name.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm surprised, this is like the only place I've seen opinions on Geno that aren't only positive,
Hoo boy. You're definitely new here.

Welcome in. Take a seat. We've got cookies shaped like the Grinch left over from that whole thing.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
Hoo boy. You're definitely new here.

Welcome in. Take a seat. We've got cookies shaped like the Grinch left over from that whole thing.
Did the guys here buy that one too? I was one of the sticklers who didn't buy it because it was blurry. Also because I don't usually believe leaks at all

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Isn't Yuri a guy?
Yes he is, like most of the Tales of protagonists, with the exception of Velvet from Tales of Berseria

Fun fact: Velvet is voiced by Cristina Vee

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom