• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Honestly I find it hard to imagine it much different when Sakurai and his team picks characters either. Pretty much every DLC character past the veterans in Smash 4 had something they could market or were very big characters outside of the Smash bubble.
They didn't have the Ballot then.
Ballot is one of the only things that accurately illustrates what the Smash fandom would buy.
Banjo and Geno for example outplaced Steve and Crash in virtually all fan polls-cry vocal minority all you want it's simply not the case-so that's a point.

Potato_

Smash Lord
So, a first party swordfighter, eh?

Here are my thoughts:
  • Celica
  • Elma
  • Rex & Pyra/Lora & Jin/Addam & Mythra
  • Isaac (if ATs aren't disconfirmations)
  • Edelgard (who wields a sword alongside an axe)
  • Tetra
  • etc.
You're too kind.

Seriously though, if they added Edelgard and she didn't use her axe as her main weapon, that'd be pretty dissapointing.

Also a Golden Sun character could be it, doesn't have to be Isaac. Maybe they use Matthew and tie it in with a Golden Sun sequel.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Yeah thats more cuz TPC are too stubborn to break a "Tradition" of starters being mostly male. Make em 50 50.. not just for Primarina and Delphox just because it makes getting egg moves onto starters easy for lazy ****s like me
I don't honestly see why a feminine looking pokemon can't be male. Iirc peacocks tend to have the most extravagant tail feathers of the species and male seahorses tend to be the one to give birth in their species. It isn't exactly weird for a male species to have traits that are more often portrayed as female.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"Smashboards tries to deduce the identity of the Hitagi Swordfighter" 2018, Colorized

Roberk

Smash Champion
User was warned for this post; inappropriate content
Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't honestly see why a feminine looking pokemon can't be male. Iirc peacocks tend to have the most extravagant tail feathers of the species and male seahorses tend to be the one to give birth in their species. It isn't exactly weird for a male species to have traits that are more often portrayed as female.
The issue is that virtually most animal species on Earth don't have a 7:1 male to female ratio.
And especially because the only reason they do this is to make breeding duplicate starters harder, than any sort of in-game reason.

LetterO

Smash Lord
So now Hitagi's saying we're getting a first party swordfighter? Why do they need to be that specific yet that vague?

Darkbeard

Smash Apprentice
Marketing. While yes, geno and Banjo CAN be in Smash, I think Nintendo, as they made the character list, would probably pick RELEVANT characters they can market games for. I can be completely wrong, though, but I'm not holding my breath.

EDIT: By character list I mean the choices Sakurai has.
If the N64 Classic is in fact a thing, and Nintendo has worked out a deal with Microsoft to get classic RARE games such as Banjo-Kazooie included on it, then your reasoning could actually work very well in BK's favor.

I'm biased because I've been wanting BK in for a long time, but their chances are better now than ever before. If they aren't in the DLC, they're never in the series. This is their best shot, IMO.

D

Deleted member

You'll be the one needing Mila's blessings if you diss Celica again.
Celica is the second worst female lord in Fire Emblem. The worst is Michaia by a longshot.

Dead serious here.

Double K

Smash Lord
Oh gonna contribute to the underage character argument since I kind of started it

You guys are the weird ones for deciding that characters in a story that are around the same age as their target audience. People like looking at attractive things and people like shipping characters they like and they're gonna take what they can get.

Like, I've seen little kids talk about how cute the girls in PreCure Glitter Force would be as a couple and they're like 14. How about how Dragon Ball had a bunch of jokes about Goku's ****?

As kids we talk about these things. As adults, we write about these things. And just because the fact that you don't think their status as fictitious characters doesn't 'make it okay' does not mean that the rest of the world agrees. It might be you who are the weird one.

You're too kind.

Seriously though, if they added Edelgard and she didn't use her axe as her main weapon, that'd be pretty dissapointing.

Also a Golden Sun character could be it, doesn't have to be Isaac. Maybe they use Matthew and tie it in with a Golden Sun sequel.
>Matthew

GOD NO

D

Deleted member

Celica does use a sword. Celica can be a pretty interesting mage if that works too. I do not know. I play FEH, but I am not the hugest FE nerd. :p
Celica is the second worst female lord in Fire Emblem. The worst is Michaia by a longshot.

Dead serious here.
Your taste is absolutely disgusting.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
So, a first party swordfighter, eh?

Here are my thoughts:
  • Celica
  • Elma
  • Rex & Pyra/Lora & Jin/Addam & Mythra
  • Isaac (if ATs aren't disconfirmations)
  • Edelgard (who wields a sword alongside an axe)
  • Tetra
  • etc.
To add to that list, maybe Urbosa from BotW?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So now Hitagi's saying we're getting a first party swordfighter? Why do they need to be that specific yet that vague?
That's literally all he knows apparently.

Verge and Hitagi have a list of characters, but (I'm assuming) it's more than five or its unverified, and they're working on narrowing down who it is.

Double K

Smash Lord
Because their name is Shouta, I'm already suspicious.
Aoi Shouta is a fantastic singer who is known for his androgynous appearance. He's done voice work in anime, often as men, occasionally as women, and one time, he played himself in Pop Team Epic

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I always thought of peacocks as Nature's Liberece

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nah, it got killed. Original poster of said leak admitted everything back when the Grinch Leak was a things
Calling BS on that actually.

I never admitted to making it until this very post.

D

Deleted member

I'm cool with Celica as long as she's her own thing.

If she ended up Marth #5 though, then hoo boy.

However, I don't think she fights anything like Marth, so I think we'd be good. Then again, that didn't stop Sakurai with Lucina and Chrom. :/

Potato_

Smash Lord
Oh gonna contribute to the underage character argument since I kind of started it

You guys are the weird ones for deciding that characters in a story that are around the same age as their target audience. People like looking at attractive things and people like shipping characters they like and they're gonna take what they can get.

Like, I've seen little kids talk about how cute the girls in PreCure Glitter Force would be as a couple and they're like 14. How about how Dragon Ball had a bunch of jokes about Goku's ****?

As kids we talk about these things. As adults, we write about these things. And just because the fact that you don't think their status as fictitious characters doesn't 'make it okay' does not mean that the rest of the world agrees. It might be you who are the weird one.

>Matthew

GOD NO

Oh man I would love to see the conflict amongst the Golden Sun fanbase if it happened.

"You're getting a new game!"

YAY

"And it's Matthew in Smash instead of Isaac! Also he's the main character of the new game!"

NO

LetterO

Smash Lord
That's literally all he knows apparently.

Verge and Hitagi have a list of characters, but (I'm assuming) it's more than five or its unverified, and they're working on narrowing down who it is.
Why would the source tell them only that? I'm honestly not buying it. If it's real though, it'd suck, because none of the first party swordfighters really interest me besides Tetra.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Wait, if i’m reading it right, Hitagi is now also claiming Heihachi is in the game?

Damn, I wanted Lloyd. If that’s the case i’m losing big time in DLC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom