• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it possible now to change the system's language to Japanese in order to get it back? Even if true, I guess people wouldn't want to change everybody's voice in the process anyway.
Funny, a lot of characters have English voices in Japanese version: Ness, Zero Suit Samus, Captain Falcon etc.

The true travesty is that Little Mac is still Japanese.
Kosuke Toriumi as Little Mac is a treasure, change my mind.

Shroob

Sup?
That was always one of the appeals to me about Marth and Roy.

They were quite literally "Literal who?" characters that came out of nowhere for us baka gaijins, so them speaking Japanese made perfect sense, and even up until Smash 4, Marth's game hadn't come stateside.

I don't mind them being dubbed, but their Japanese voices are iconic imo.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Dunno why they couldn’t just get another English non-union VA for Cloud.

Atleast there’s still voice mods.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I saw this fun game on REddit, so I’ll bring it here. This image leaks at E3, before we learn that Everyone Is Here! (And then some). How would you (and the Smash fan base) react?

View attachment 177181
Blurry because why the hell not? This is literally just an edited Smash 4 CSS, the renders for vets are just ingame I mean just look at Mario. Also, Inkling render is literally the official art for he but it's conveniently not the one selected because it would be too obvious.
Not even gonna bother with the characters though, they should make this instantly fake. Snake ain't coming back because Konami is a ***** and neither is Simon much less lol
Ridley isn't happening, Sakurai already said he's too big.
Literally who is that between Simon and lol k rool lol
The **** is Incineroar doing there? Decidueye is the obvious choice.
Also, no Rex and Springman
Ken and Isabelle are the only believable ones.

What's up with the order too? It's such a mess. Ryu and Ken are together but everyone else is separated. Most newcomers are at the end which seems to indicate they just got lazy but then some new characters are also spread out which I didn't notice until now.
I see Dark Samus(if Ridley isn't hapoening, neither is she), Daisy(LMAO) and Chrom(aka Sakurai's Personal Butt Monkey)

I give E for Effort but the absurd characters, lack of obvious picks, random ordering and convenient stuff(Inkling default not at the bottom, top cropped off, same background as Smash 4, why not just take a video?) makes me say it's 100% fake. Next he's gonna tell us Isaac, Banjo, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider and Shadow are DLC lol

D

Deleted member

Dunno why they couldn’t just get another English non-union VA for Cloud.
Because Steve Burton is Cloud to a lot of people. Remember how upset people got when they replaced David Hayter as Snake, and how happy they were when he was returning for Ultimate?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
God, I know Sakurai wants to save development time but why did he just speed up the actual mp4 of previous victory themes instead of making new ones if they were already doing it for several characters?

:drflip: It just doesn't sound right to hear these 1.5x trumpets.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Let's go got datamined? I don't really care about that game so eh.

On anohter note. Place your bets, will the 2nd SE rep have more or less content than Final Fantasy?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it possible now to change the system's language to Japanese in order to get it back? Even if true, I guess people wouldn't want to change everybody's voice in the process anyway.
That's the thing.
I'm completely fine with every other character in English. It's whatever to me. I don't give much of a **** about voice acting quality.
In fact, I think I'd prefer everyone in English just so I understand what's going on better.

Buuuuuut God, I do not want to listen to Sasuke, Spiderman, Ben Tennyson, Yosuke hanamua, Minato Arisato, Suzaku, Robin, Cecil Harvey, Yuzuru Akie, Bedman, Joseph Oda, Dito, Amane Nishiki, Klavier Gavin, Wonder White, Yuichi, Ricken, Patroklos Alexander, Toby Nebbins, Alucard, Luka, Sin Kiske, Ryoji Mochizuki, Serph, or whoever the **** else I missed, for ONE MORE SECOND.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If you guys are so nitpicky about your precious weeaboo JP voices, you know Sakurai showed off the language function in the 11.1.18 direct just to appease you folks specifically, right? :shyguy: Just switch to that then.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I read everything and I doubt people would have reacted like that if it was someone else. It happened specifically because he was Graizen (it relates partially to stuff from his past with leaks). I know I wasnt because of agumon but because he was Graizen. People like him receive less patience around the forums. Even Zinith, who generally has a positive approval over here has been attacked before for loving Yoshi (for supposedly pushing yoshi down people´s throat). You dont even need my opinion on the subject, ask him if this isnt true.

It doesnt matter the circumstances, people need to treat our passionate comrades better. Anyway, that is all I have to say on the matter. I cannot force people to do anything.
Well to be fair I used to be VERY bad about the Yoshi stuff the first couple months I was on this site. I've learned a few things ever since :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

I just want all characters to get dubbed so I can understand what they're actually saying. English Marth and Roy is nice because I'm used to Heroes by now and I'd really like English Cloud because I don't know what he's saying half the time and as such I can't connect with him ti play him.
Meanwhile, me and Shulk have an unbreakable bond because I know "This is the Monado's power" means "I really just did that"

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's the thing.
I'm completely fine with every other character in English. It's whatever to me. I don't give much of a **** about voice acting quality. In fact, I think I'd prefer English just so I understand what's going on better.

Buuuuuut God, I do not want to listen to Sasuke, Spiderman, Ben Tennyson, Yosuke hanamua, Minato Arisato, Suzaku, Robin, Cecil Harvey, Yuzuru Akie, Bedman, Joseph Oda, Dito, Amane Nishiki, Klavier Gavin, Wonder White, Yuichi, Ricken, Patroklos Alexander, Toby Nebbins, Alucard, Luka, Sin Kiske, Ryoji Mochizuki, Serph, or whoever the **** else I missed, for ONE MORE SECOND.
Wow, you watched/played all of this?

Jokes aside... I mean, I kinda hear Akihiko when Marth speaks but yeah... his English voice sounds less unique to him. Eh, I'm sure this time next year I'll be used to his new voice and his old one would start to sound weird, no big deal.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I read everything and I doubt people would have reacted like that if it was someone else. It happened specifically because he was Graizen (it relates partially to stuff from his past with leaks). I know I wasnt because of agumon but because he was Graizen. People like him receive less patience around the forums. Even Zinith, who generally has a positive approval over here has been attacked before for loving Yoshi (for supposedly pushing yoshi down people´s throat). You dont even need my opinion on the subject, ask him if this isnt true.

It doesnt matter the circumstances, people need to treat our passionate comrades better. Anyway, that is all I have to say on the matter. I cannot force people to do anything.
Someone put it best in that the Graizen scenario tonight is a perfect analogue to the Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Multiple times Graizen has come to this thread and made fake claims supposedly proving that Agumon will be in Smash or is a popular pick for the game. At one point, he tried to pass off what was obviously a fake "leak" sent to him by someone going for some cheap laughs at his expense. So, when comes with a real claim, can you blame us for doubting him?

It really doesn't help that immediately before he made the bold claim that Agumon is the most supported Namco character in this thread and on a 4chan thread (it might've been 4chan as a whole, I was gone for most of the debacle watching Fairy Tail so I don't know) based off of two forum games and a thread made by his friend, and became condescending when we understandably expressed doubt at that. Then he revealed the info about Senrou and again, we doubted him because he's pulled this **** multiple times and it gets seriously annoying. And then we're the bad guys for doubting him when, again, it's understandable why we'd do so.

Your point about Zinith is largely moot because it's really only people outside of the forum who go after him; he pretty much always contributes to the discussion (but also slips in as much Yoshi as he can). Graizen, on the other hand, gets criticism within the forum because he constantly attempts to derail discussion towards Agumon and gets mad at us when we call him on it.

Look, I've got nothing against the guy, and his discussion with Senrou is hilarious if you think about it (dude got an actual leaker to admit to a Namco rep with misinformation), but it gets tiresome after a while.

Last edited:

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
I saw this fun game on REddit, so I’ll bring it here. This image leaks at E3, before we learn that Everyone Is Here! (And then some). How would you (and the Smash fan base) react?

View attachment 177181
Fake, Richter is a photoshopped Simon, who's a photoshopped Incineroar, who's render is somewhere on the Internet but I'm too lazy to check. Also something something Wario's pupil.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Pretty sure Shadow Dragon came out before Smash 4.
2014 would be absurdly late for a DS game.
And I'm pretty sure "up until Smash 4" = "after Brawl's release". Kinda common sense.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wow, you watched/played all of this?

Jokes aside... I mean, I kinda hear Akihiko when Marth speaks but yeah... his English voice sounds less unique to him. Eh, I'm sure this time next year I'll be used to his new voice and his old one would start to sound weird, no big deal.
Well a lot of them come from the same franchise so there's overlap as he voices multiple characters.

Point is he's in everything and I'm sick of hearing him.
Which is why I'm so glad that for Nier Automata 9S they picked Kyle McCarley, whom I only know from Alm, and that one time I watched the Mob Psycho 100 dub.

D

Deleted member

So from what I can understand, Heihachi gonna be a DLC character? Noice, I had a gut feelin. :dazwa:

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Your point about Zinith is largely mute
That rustles my JIMMIES!

It's "moot".

Seriously though, nothing about what you said in that post is wrong. So, have a nice day!

*removes Grammar Nazi hat that had someone gotten stuck to head*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom