• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
I want the Courtroom and refuse to settle for anything else. The gimmick could be 3 platforms, representing the defence, judge and prosecutor's desks, with all three having characters in the background, use Apollo I guess for the defence. A trial's taking place during the battle so the characters in the background will react and depending on what they do, (Slam the desk with their hands, use the gavel, present evidence, etc.), it'll cause shockwaves that hit everyone on that platform
I could see Franziska whipping the fighters or Godot throwing coffee mugs at them from the prosecution stand, lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sure, but Fire Emblem already had quite some fans already. It only opens up curiosity for the older titles. I never seen FE5 get so much attention untill they noticed Reinhardt being so damn powerful in Heroes.
And giving other titles attention helps push the series even further to the top of Nintendo series, which means more FE reps with a valid reason

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Does anyone have footage of Roy with his English VA?
I heard Roy is real powerful in Smash Ultimate. Am quite curious about him now, because he was lots of fun to play in Smash 4 as well.

blackghost

Smash Champion
He's already been burnt once so i imagine papagenos is playing it safe with leakers now

Yes but, Piranha Plant...

Piranha Plant not only ends arguements on SOME characters being implimented. It is the end of ALL arguements against ANY character!
the fighting game and action game characters are different. proper representation of each character in smash is sakurai number one priority. Simon Belmont movement and attacks are straight from the games. the fighting game characters as well. piranha plant is a joke character that didnt have a moveset to pull from. sakurai always does this with one character in every game. pp is not the standard for dlc it is the exception.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The sheer volume at which Hitagi is sharing makes me think they’ll be wrong. They also just seem to throw so much out that if one thing sticks they can just ride off that.

Again not sure why people are taking their word seriously.

D

Deleted member

The sheer volume at which Hitagi is sharing makes me think they’ll be wrong. They also just seem to throw so much out that if one thing sticks they can just ride off that.

I guess they have a bit of credibility, but I’m just doing because I find discussing it entertaining.

D

Deleted member

If they reveal a Banjo game in the Xbox thingy, i will have a fun time here.

LetterO

Smash Lord
When you think about it, it doesn't matter which SE character we'll get in the end, since they're all really good choices. :idea:

Geno, a cult favorite from a cult classic RPG in the Smash and Mario fanbases.
Lara Croft, one of the biggest video game heroines out there
Erdrick/Slime/secondary DQ character, symbol of the biggest landmark JRPG series out there.
Neku, beloved character from a beloved cult classic.
Agnès, one of 8 protagonists from a highly successful Switch game.
Sephiroth, incredibly iconic FF rival/villain that would complement Cloud's inclusion.
Sora, protagonist of Disney's biggest crossover franchise.

So really, it's a win-win situation overall.
Not really. Geno, Neku, and Sora are the only Square characters I care about on the possible list. The others I just don't care about and couldn't bother to get into their games due to a lack of interest.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Because Verge referred to her recently, and since Verge was correct about some things, it automatically means he's right about what he's saying now, apparently.

Though I'm 50/50 certain either of them will mess up sooner or later.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Because Verge referred to him recently, and since Verge was correct about some things, it automatically means he's right about what he's saying now, apparently.

Though I'm 50/50 certain either of them will mess up sooner or later.
The funny thing is that Vergeben didn't even back Hitagi's claims, he just said that he knows that sometimes she's right. Thats very very far from a 100% endorsement of her leaks

Flyboy

Smash Hero
If she is the main protagonist of Ace Attorney 7, maybe she has a small chance. She's my favourite too.
Please don't tease me...she needs it after her baby case in SoJ and being left out of the finale :( As much as I love Phoenix it really is time for her to get her own game.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Hitagi is someone who usually leak fighting game, and he have an okay record-
Vergeben back him up saying he's usually legit, even though he didn't heard about Katalina at all.

Vergeben is our main leaker, whenever we like him or not, and the fact that he is willing to give credit with Hitagi is good enough to at least give him our attention. Also, he don't share a lot- people literally asks him
"Did you heard X"
he answer "No" because he didn't heard anything/Can't share.

The only things he seems to have deconfirmed was:
>Paper Mario
>Banjo/Kazooie is grim
>Advance wars

He confirmed:
>Square-Enix's list of characters is something people will be familiar with if one of it's characters get revealed.
>Heard about some Dragon Quest Characters.
>The characters are cool by themselves and will makes tons of money.
>He doesn't know what/who will get revealed by Nintendo at the TGA, they're throwing multiple false information about it. Doesn't seems it's something he will ever be able to find.
>He's sure that Steve is in.
>Last he heard of Katalina, the talks where in a good position. He doesn't know about now though.
>He let Vergeben take care of the Square-Enix characters/Doesn't want to share more without him because it might risks their sources until they're both sure it's fine to talk.
>News are on the horizon
>Supposedly, heard more than just Square/Katalina/Steve but absolutely can't share anything as of yet

It's not a lot, but it's enough to see that things evolved in the backstages and that we might get something interesting soons

D

Deleted member

You know, Hitagi mentioning that he didn’t know what Advance Wars was makes me wonder if any of the characters Vergeben knew about were unfamiliar to him.

Untouch

Smash Master
I'm only really sold on leakers knowing the SE rep, if it's going to be revealed at the VGAs it is very likely already in development.
Like I said months ago when it was first brought up, Hitagi's "source" knowing about how talks for Katalina are going is baffling to me, this wouldn't be shared to smaller workers, it'd have to be executives leaking this ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom