• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Doubles matches are a thing since the first game ;)

No, seriously, Fox and Falco already show up in each other's Final Smashes, it's nothing new.
FS might just be the sweet spot.

It might not even change anything about say assist trophies.

Still interesting to ponder about.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So does this mean Robin and Chrom can beat up Chrom using Robin's final smash? I guess it doesn't really matter since you can play as up to eight Chroms if you wanted
I think we may be looking at the birth of the new "Knuckles & Knuckles" meme.

FS might just be the sweet spot.

It might not even change anything about say assist trophies.

Still interesting to ponder about.
I'm still glad the "Dixie will be in Diddy's FS" theory died a quick and painless death, at least.

*ahem*

"Gosh" and "darn", please. There are kids here. it's a joke
Internet forums make a lost of sense...

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I think i figured out a reason why piranha Plant is the first dlc character instead of goomba or koopa troopa

Anyone remember how Mario Rom Hacks would overuse munchers as kill tiles? I imagine that carried over as well into Mario Maker and must have nintendo thinking "Gee they sure do love those Munchers, Dont they? Hey Sakurai We got a crazy idea for your new game!"

D

Deleted member

*ahem*

"Gosh" and "darn", please. There are kids here. it's a joke
frick you mom ill do whatever i want no stop mom no i didnt save mom stOP THATS MY FANFICTION MO-

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

K. Rool's looking good as well. I'm a little worried about that Up Smash and the fact that the guy playing as him on Tree House seemed to have trouble getting things to land with Blunderbuss and Back Air (makes me worried about sucky hitboxes), but eh, guess I'll have to see for myself when the game comes out. Even if he ends up bad, I'll still play him. :p

The Crown looks like it sucks, though.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Chrom still being in Robin's Final Smash is one of the stupidest things ever in my opinion.

Also is this an event in Spain or something? I really hope somewhere in the UK (not one place in London please!) gets this full demo.

D

Deleted member

Chrom being in Robin's FS just means no character is truly deconfirmed for DLC.
...they didn't kept it hidden. Some characters simply didn't have FSs in their blog trailers.
I mean, it basically is
Totally unrelated to w/e conversation is happening right now, but PICHU HAS A SPIKY EARED SKIN. I THOUGHT THAT WAS A PIPE-DREAM REQUEST BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE THAT STUFF NEVER GETS ADDED LIKE SHINY POKEMON AND WOW I'M SO EXCITED FOR PICHU NOW
WHAT
THEY REALLY WANT ME TO PLAY PIKACHU/PICHU HUH
Oh dang. Got around to watching the actual match with Robin that confirmed Chrom was still in their final smash and... Levin Sword nair and much quicker movement speed. On top of the grab range buff shown off in June.
Oh damn, Levin NAir is a thibg now? This gonna be fun!

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
When you look up at Kingdom Hearts trademark it's listed as Disney Enterprises.

So therefore it might be safe to assume that you wouldn't even legally consider Sora a Square rep. He'd be adding ''Disney" to the bottom trademarks.

https://trademarks.justia.com/763/47/kingdom-76347393.html
We've went into that argument so much that I started to discard it.

Kingdom Hearts is Legally Disney. But no matter what they do. They need to get Square-Enix Greenlight and need to asks Nomura Himself when it comes to Sora. Because they are the one deciding his appearance.

gee...why do you think they don't ***** the KH Characters themselves with tons of product?

It's a double agreement. One say no it's over. Whenever it's Square-Enix or Disney

D

Deleted member

YES! My prayers have been answered! Just let Robin keep the Chrom victory pose and I can summon Chrom to beat Chrom then celebrate with Chrom.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Fun as that would be, I doubt that would happen.

I mean these guys had a longer history with Nintendo than B-K, after all. If they're not in, I imagine that Steve being in would make future Smash negotiations with Microsoft easier from this point on.
Of course they had, and it's purely Rare, so they don't have to go over stuff that only Playtonic knows. In reality though, who'd need any negotiations after Steve. So many Minecraft players the game will most probably sell on Steve basis rather than being a Smash game. I mean even if all Smash players quit the game because of Steve, Nintendo would still make a better money.
Look, everything I could think of is better than Steve. But if he's in, it's very much clear why. Banjo can't serve a dime in comparision, sorry banjo fans.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
A brief opinion I have on each newcomer:
  1. Piranha Plant: Come on, have you seen that thing?! It's amazing!
  2. Incineroar: Only one of the newcomers I actually wanted that got in. All the work put into his expressions and moves looks quite great.
  3. King K. Rool: Was never a fan of his, but looks incredibly fun.
  4. Daisy: I like me my princess waifus. :p
  5. Dark Samus: If just because the Prime trilogy is great and her animations giving her an alien feel are incredible.
  6. Richter: He's voiced by Gilgamesh and Robin, and Simon's moveset already looks neat plus while not to PP extent, there's also the surprise factor in him being in.
  7. Ridley: Well, I was never into him being included but it was more because I came across plenty of vocal fans...Still, it's good to have new villains around.
  8. Simon: Reason why he's below Richter is that, well, he was already highly requested so it's not much of a surprise he made it.
  9. Chrom: What can I say? I like the dork. But he's lower than the others not for being a 7th FE character or "durr hurr too much sword", but for being the 4th based around the same moveset.
  10. Inkling: They look quite unique, I just feel like I would be more excited about them if I played their game.
  11. Ken: In 4 Ryu is one of my secondaries, but not much into Ken. He looks cool, but he seems more in the case of "original clone in a fighting game so he's in" but I'm glad some are happy about him.
  12. Isabelle: I'm okay with her, I just never got into AC and she's a case everyone knew would happen.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
We've went into that argument so much that I started to discard it.

Kingdom Hearts is Legally Disney. But no matter what they do. They need to get Square-Enix Greenlight and need to asks Nomura Himself when it comes to Sora. Because they are the one deciding his appearance.

gee...why do you think they don't ***** the KH Characters themselves with tons of product?

It's a double agreement. One say no it's over. Whenever it's Square-Enix or Disney
Jesus christ. Sora's like the video game equal of when a teenager is trying to go somewhere and the dad is all ''Ask your mother." and the mother is all ''Ask your father."

And then the kid just gets nowhere.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Was considering buying the complete DLC pack but if it's just gonna be Steve, Katalina, Square Enix (Dragon Quest character). I might just forget about the DLC and get the last two characters instead if they're appealing to me. But that would be a disappointing lineup to me

D

Deleted member

Alright, if Spirits don't deconfirm anything (a la Mewtwo/Lucas 3DS trophies), Mii Costumes are the one full bridge between idea and character, and Chrom still being a part of Robin's Final Smash (which is kinda stupid, if I'm gonna be honest), I'm still holdin' out hope for Geno and Rex & Pyra.

It feels like all the rules are getting broken by the hour as we know more about this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

GrownManJones

Smash Cadet
Banjo had a 10 year trademark renewal. Not too significant but possible it could line up with a new game for cross promotion. Also I suspect Heihachi and Kazuya echo so we can have a Tekken stage and fight against Ryu/Ken.

I think Sora has the best chance to come along side Kingdom Hearts 3 as cross promotion.

Dixie Kong was heavily requested and not seen yet (to my knowledge). Also a cute girly character and Smash could always use a few more of them.

Finally people seem to think Doom guy has a chance, so Master Chief could be a great choice of an echo and just give him sticky grandes and call it a day. Or the other way around and use it with cross promotion with Halo 5.

Overall this is going to be the best game yet and they did a great job with the final roster and story mode. Happy for all the Kirby fans. He deserves this after low tier placement since 64.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Jesus christ. Sora's like the video game equal of when a teenager is trying to go somewhere and the dad is all ''Ask your mother." and the mother is all ''Ask your father."

And then the kid just gets nowhere.
Yup, And Geno is the guy when the parents are divorced and the dad want to see his child but the mom don't want to-

Dragon Quest is the oldest son that both parents love.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I'll just put down what characters I think we'll be getting for the Fighter Pass, in no particular order:
  • Geno because Sakurai has expressed interest in him before and he has a lot of demand. Additionally, Vergeben claimed that there will be a second Square Enix character as DLC, and considering the competition (notably, Sora is owned by Disney), it's more than likely Geno.
  • Bandanna Waddle Dee since Piranha Plant is in the game. "Goomba with a hat" doesn't mean anything if they're letting in Goombas now. Plus, he has a lot of demand.
  • Banjo & Kazooie are owned by Microsoft but I think they can make it happen. They have a lot of fan demand, Banjo-Kazooie has a long history with Nintendo, and the rumored N64 Classic is set to have Banjo-Kazooie on it. Maybe they're announced alongside that in a direct? Makes sense to me at least.
  • Heihachi was originally meant to be in Smash 4, but Sakurai turned him down for PAC-MAN, and had trouble working his series' playstyle into Smash. If Sakurai can find a way to make him work, I think he can make it.
  • Now that Shadow is back as an AT, Tails feels like an easy inclusion considering his popularity and the fact that Castlevania and Street Fighter already have two characters. Even if he's a semi-clone like Isabelle, he could work.
Thoughts?

Untouch

Smash Master
DLC packs being company related makes sense actually.
PapaGenos seems convinced that Banjo is in, Vergeben hasn't denied it but thinks that Minecraft is getting a stage.

Piranha Plant didn't get music or a stage of his own shown off, they've already revealed several Bowser themed songs so I don't think it'll be related to that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Rex is the only character I consider deconfirmed because his Mii Costume is a bonus for buying the Fighter Pass(which is all 5 DLC newcomers) and the reason explicited for his non-inclusion being that the plan was made before his game was announced.
XC2 content ain't happening and Sakurai left that pretty clear, please don't get your hopes up

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Rex is the only character I consider deconfirmed because his Mii Costume is a bonus for buying the Fighter Pass(which is all 5 DLC newcomers) and the reason explicited for his non-inclusion being that the plan was made before his game was announced.
XC2 content ain't happening and Sakurai left that pretty clear, please don't get your hopes up
Hopefully this gives Elma a better shot at dlc

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
What'd I miss?

Is Verge speaking up?
He says Katalina from Granblue, a square Enix rep (possibly a Dragon Quest character) and possibly Minecraft Steve are 3 of the 5 dlc characters according to another leaker he knows but not everything is confirmed by his own sources specifically and that one of the fighters will be revealed at the video game awards.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also please don't hate Elma if by some chance she is one of the 5.

Just felt like adding that.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Banjo had a 10 year trademark renewal. Not too significant but possible it could line up with a new game for cross promotion. Also I suspect Heihachi and Kazuya echo so we can have a Tekken stage and fight against Ryu/Ken.

I think Sora has the best chance to come along side Kingdom Hearts 3 as cross promotion.

Dixie Kong was heavily requested and not seen yet (to my knowledge). Also a cute girly character and Smash could always use a few more of them.

Finally people seem to think Doom guy has a chance, so Master Chief could be a great choice of an echo and just give him sticky grandes and call it a day. Or the other way around and use it with cross promotion with Halo 5.

Overall this is going to be the best game yet and they did a great job with the final roster and story mode. Happy for all the Kirby fans. He deserves this after low tier placement since 64.
That makes me wonder if a fighter on a pass comes with an Echo does it count as two? probably not. Would they have echoes on a dlc character pass though?

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
DLC packs being company related makes sense actually.
PapaGenos seems convinced that Banjo is in, Vergeben hasn't denied it but thinks that Minecraft is getting a stage.

Piranha Plant didn't get music or a stage of his own shown off, they've already revealed several Bowser themed songs so I don't think it'll be related to that.
Piranha Plant is also stated to be unrelated to the Fighter Pass and is rather a standalone inclusion as a preorder bonus, so there's that to consider.

D

Deleted member

Actually:
-No XCX music despite us getting XC2 music
-DLC plan was made when XC2's existence was unknown
-No signs of any XCX content in the game
Hmm..

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's the first I've ever heard of anything like that.

Might be a cultural thing.
Uh, yeah, probably it is. Though you can make tea out of pretty much every plant, it's like wine or jam. Piranha Plant tea

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom