• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I never played miis ever in smash 4, but I may end up maining Mii Gunner in ultimate due to the Ray MK III costume. Imo it's the costume that most looks like the character out of all of them. The size is even believable.

Chrono.

Genuinely?
I think all DLC are going to be third parties, Sakurai securing the rights for those juicy music, Stages and Characters explaining the price of 5.99 just like Third parties in Smash 4 instead of 4.99/3.99 for first party characters
That's because first parties in Smash 4 didn't come with stages.

Though I do think you're right on the money.

I'm not expecting first party characters, and if we do get them, they'll be a minority.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Genuinely?
I think all DLC are going to be third parties, Sakurai securing the rights for those juicy music, Stages and Characters explaining the price of 5.99 just like Third parties in Smash 4 instead of 4.99/3.99 for first party characters
thats my thoughts on it too, could be that they got the rights to them later and just said we will use these for dlc and lets focus on the people we can make now and get the base game out

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
So ****ing happy with this game and roster. Absolutely insane.
Still holding out hope for Banjo and Dixie as DLC, but I don't get how people can complain about this massive roster.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Still holding out hope for Banjo and Dixie as DLC, but I don't get how people can complain about this massive roster.
Well some characters aren't liked by certain people. Simple :)

Darkbeard

Smash Apprentice
It might be worth clarifying that what some folks are calling the "season pass" is actually the Fighters Pass and does not in any way, shape, or form currently indicate that there will more characters after those 5 DLC packs.

It's not to say there won't be, either, but you should not automatically be assuming there will a "season 2" of DLC, lest you be Grinched all over again.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
That's because first parties in Smash 4 didn't come with stages.

Though I do think you're right on the money.

I'm not expecting first party characters, and if we do get them, they'll be a minority.
3rd Party
3rd Party
Pokemon
3rd Party
Fire Emblem

osby

Smash Obsessed
I know people are sad because Piranha Plant personally came to their home and wrecked their fave's shrine but it would be cool if we talked about the story mode more.

Do we have a thread for it?

D

Deleted member

You guys are complaining over nothing. I just preordered the game with the DLC pass. This is gonna be the greatest Smash game ever, it may even be better than Melee.

But it'll never be better than Shrek: Super Slam
This 100%.

Throw all the salt you have it, Ultimate is still my #1 game in my life.

D

Deleted member

I mean if YouTubers managed to make the movement of Minecraft characters work, then Nintendo can easily do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
It might be worth clarifying that what some folks are calling the "season pass" is actually the Fighters Pass and does not in any way, shape, or form currently indicate that there will more characters after those 5 DLC packs.

It's not to say there won't be, either, but you should not automatically be assuming there will a "season 2" of DLC, lest you be Grinched all over again.
Same. I'm not doing that, but it's a realistic thing that COULD happen, but again keeping expectations in check here.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
At the very least...I'm glad the DLC costs less now. Having to pay like the same, maybe double the price of Smash Wii U for all DLC was really annoying. And...it is nice that you can get that Fighter Pass, so you don't have to have to constantly buy DLCs all over again...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
There are only 5 DLC characters currently planned. They could make a second DLC season, or they could just stop right after their first one is finished. It could honestly go either way. I mean yeah sure Sakurai likes to talk about how he wants to take a break from working on Smash all the time, but he always keeps doing it anyway.
Keep in mind he stated the pack would take a year to finish and before he said he couldn't keep the team for multiple years hence why Smash 4 DLC lasted as long as it did.

Of course Ultimate is on a more successful platform but I expect a similar premise. Maybe some additional Mii Costumes thrown in here and there.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
cause it doesnt have any new characters that appeal to me? like i dont care about a single newcomer, none are characters i like gameplay wise from what we have seen, that might change idk, and none really appeal to me in terms of just who they are.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So Thanos vs. Galeem when?

I bet Thanos would win because all he has to do is snap his fingers to dust Galeem.

Last edited:

Alchadylan

Smash Cadet
I know people are sad because Piranha Plant personally came to their home and wrecked their fave's shrine but it would be cool if we talked about the story mode more.

I hope it will be called, Time to Pay the Piper

SuperSmashLover

Smash Cadet
Funny how I said box theory was deader than custom robo before the direct and then both came back from the grave. Maybe next I should say Golden Sun and Mario RPG are dead.
I appreciate that comment, though Custom Robo is in the same boat at Golden Sun. The last game for the franchise was released in 2006 and was for the DS instead of a home console. Perhaps that makes too much sense then to release a new Custom Robo for Switch since it is portable....

D

Deleted member

I can dislike the Plant if i feel so.

That apart, Story Mode looks promising, and the song makes me get excited even more.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
There are only 5 DLC characters currently planned. They could make a second DLC season, or they could just stop right after their first one is finished. It could honestly go either way. I mean yeah sure Sakurai likes to talk about how he wants to take a break from working on Smash all the time, but he always keeps doing it anyway.
Plus money, and at a time where the Switch is way more successful than the Wii U, host of Sm4sh alongside 3DS.

D

Deleted member

Love the Simon/Richter and Isabelle gameplay. Incineroar is looking real good too.
So as it turns out, Yink's and Oeach's FSmashes are disappointments, Peach's is the same, Lucario's is as expected and Robin is currentpy the only unknown Final Smash why do they do this to me?
YES AND I AM LAUGHING SOO HARD RN THAT I'M SHORT ON BREATH.
Just checked, I'm not misremembering it, Piranha Plant was never an assist.
Apparently Shulk has a Rex (?) costume, or something with black hair. Black/orange/blue doesn't match any of his current palettes
>Black hair Shulk
vwauging8kyz.jpg

Genuinely?
The $6 pricing was for the stages and music, not for being 3rd Parties.

Kagrenac

Smash Cadet
I was team real and I didn't like the idea of incineroar being in.

After seeing him in action...I want to main him lmao

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well it’s been an honor and now is the time for me to go. It’s been a good 3 or so years in this community and all good things much come to an end. On top of the obvious personal issues I am going through now, I just feel like speculating on DLC isn’t worth it for me. Some other friends of mine had left, so I will follow them as well.

You all know where to find me. And if you dom’t, feel free to leave a DM while I give my own support topics away to those that want them. Some of you I will miss, others I interact with in other places. See you all on the other side and I am glad to have had some good times here.

monadoboy

Smash Lord

Nintendo's new president is pushing for more DLC now, so there's still a chance.
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/30/nintendo-president-wants-more-dlc-for-existing-big-titles

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm honestly disappointed there is no heroes vs. villains theme.

I would had loved a cutscene of :ultrosalina:protecting:ultlucas:from from villains or some random enemies.

Oh well this should still be good though and the story so far seems promising.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just realized...

Ridley trailer: Mario and Mega Man die.

Simon trailer: Luigi dies.

K Rool trailer: Dedede dies.

Incineroar trailer: Little Mac and Ken die.

World of Light trailer: ****ing everyone dies.
Marvel leaked Smash Ultimate.
Thanos.gif

/s

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Steve has all of the qualifications to be in the game and has the mythical "relevancy" and/or "nostalgia" factors to benefit from arguments. Your opinion of saying "he's boring" or "he would look weird" adds nothing to the core argument of his validity being in the game, you just don't like the idea how most people went ape over my based boy Piranha Plant.

D

Deleted member

I was team real and I didn't like the idea of incineroar being in.

After seeing him in action...I want to main him lmao
Almost thinking the same.

Maybe not maining him, but probably playing as him for a time.

Kaeltor

Smash Apprentice
Didn't Vergeben state that he didn't want to say who the SE rep was, because if he was wrong a lot of people would be mad?

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Well it’s been an honor and now is the time for me to go. It’s been a good 3 or so years in this community and all good things much come to an end. On top of the obvious personal issues I am going through now, I just feel like speculating on DLC isn’t worth it for me. Some other friends of mine had left, so I will follow them as well.

You all know where to find me. And if you dom’t, feel free to leave a DM while I give my own support topics away to those that want them. Some of you I will miss, others I interact with in other places. See you all on the other side and I am glad to have had some good times here.
What? What? Why are you leaving now? Just because your most wanted isn't in doesn't mean that you have to leave forever...

What happened if I may ask? I want to continue following you..

Didn't Vergeben state that he didn't want to say who the SE rep was, because if he was wrong a lot of people would be mad?
Vergeben knows who the SE rep is, but won't say it because SE are known to be stingy with leaks. If the character is leaked, employees could get fired.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Even if that really is a hint, I'm not wasting my time speculating about it. Several insiders are already suggesting Sora is DLC.

Besides, furniture theory has a terrible track record. Were the two chairs supposed to be hinting at Skull Kid still being an AT?

Shaping up to be Sora if these insiders are right, not Geno.

D

Deleted member

The story mode looks cool! It almost looks like an RPG.

Also, my headcanon is that that blue and red thing with the army of Master Hands is the soul of Tabuu the has grown stronger since his last defeat.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
You have been proven wrong.
I mean they can anime his mouth and stuff as they did this before.
Nothing's been proven. None of those characters are Steve.

If they did that to Steve, that would still be creative license in changing his appearance, and given that Sakurai prefers to stay faithful to the original source material, that seems unlikely.

It'd be the equivalent of giving Wii Fit Trainer a different and more expressive face. The difference between Steve and WFT is that WFT has some of the most unique animations and attacks of the entire roster, accompanied by voice clips. Steve has very few animations in Minecraft, his attack moves are limited, and he has only one basic voice clip.

Steve wasn't designed to be a fleshed-out character. He was designed to be basically the bare minimum of an appearance and animation for a game that's mostly played in first person anyways.

I mean, Piranha Plant has shown us that anything is possible. But I think between Banjo and Steve, the choice is obvious to all parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom