• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Didn't she got the blog post yesterday? Today we have the Klaptraps by the way.
Did she?

Well, in my defense, I stopped visiting the blog after August. I think Ash-Greninja and Luigi's Poltergust grab are the only times afterwards when I checked, and that's only because I knew there was new content.

Here's a funny idea: that "leak" is fake and we're at square one again. If you didn't know, other insiders like Imran and Emily Rogers have said their reports alongside with the N64 Mini reports are fake, which leads me to believe that now Gaming Intel or whomever is now among the long list of people who got duped or had wrong information.

Honestly, while I'd love to show this thread the beauty of the Crabtree Zone with @Freaky Mutant Man during these last few hours before the Direct, I might as well kill some time and debate amongst a lot of the stuff before I head off. I plan on coming back after watching the Direct with a couple of buds after a bit, so I won't be around here to react alongside y'all.
Wait, you're using Emily Rogers as a source to debunk Gaming Intel?

Didn't you just say a few days ago that she couldn't be trusted at all?

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Remember when I said that Verge is turning into the Gematsu leaker - correct on everything at the start, and then as soon as his original crop of characters are revealed everything starts to go out the window?

I honestly find it so funny that Incineroar of all characters is the hill he will (most likely) die on.
And his Isaac claim may be full of ****

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I forgot about board the platforms. I wouldn't be against that coming back as I actually really enjoyed that mode.

D

Deleted member

Wait, you're using Emily Rogers as a source to debunk Gaming Intel?

Didn't you just say a few days ago that she couldn't be trusted at all?
Yeah, but I'm mentioning her in the way as "now all of this stuff is happening" or something like that. The wording is probably really terrible, but I'm sure you get the message.

It seems as if with all of these people coming out and having so much contradictory info, I just can't help but point out the events and just be at awe. That's why I pointed out what happened after that article came out when both her and Imran were like "oh, that's fake". It's funny. Really, it is.

Loog

Smash Apprentice
Oh yea, since Luigi has a new grab I wonder if other characters have a new move as well?
Pretty sure it is just a grab and the throw is different. Look at the recent trailer there is a small glimpse of Luigi using a normal dash grab.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I only know Emily Roger’s name from the hilarious “Breath of the Wild will NOT be a Switch launch title”

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Good morning guys

Looooool who pissed someone off enough they had to change the title to that

Last edited:
GruntyFurnace.png

Welcome all, Sakurai's the name, Banjo and friends are here to get into my game!

My work is done and there they stand, through all the leaks and rumours and plans!

The prizes on this stand bring glee, from playable character to DLC!

So step on up to the plate, tune into the Direct where I confirm your fate!

Good luck all, hope you enjoy it regardless of the results and that you get something out of it.

Enjoy the ride!

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Good morning guys

I don't know how or what pissed them off, but I bet it has to do with that page.

Moreover, I was 'warned' for spamming about the page milestone, despite pointing out that there was more spam involved than actually discussing about the Smash game.

Can we please talk about actual discussion and not spam in the future, please? Because of the peoples commenting about milestone, I also got a warning, but I can live with that. It just felt a bit unnecessary to get myself involved too.

Last edited:

Pegg

Smash Rookie
Thread title is obviously a nod to the fact that the direct will reveal the final newcomer, Megaman X

Real.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Suprised we haven't debunked/confirmed the Grinch leak before the Direct. I have a feeling that's gonna ruin today's event for a lot of people, regardless of whether or not it's real.

Good morning guys

You can thank page 6969 for that.

It was inevitable.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm not going to comment on how much time left until the direct but... are you guys planning to watch and comment at the same time? I want to enjoy the new content to the fullest before coming back to here.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm not going to comment on how much time left until the direct but... are you guys planning to watch and comment at the same time? I want to enjoy the new content to the fullest before coming back to here.
I hope to...
It will be more fun to be honest with you...

D

Deleted member

Impossible on phone.

If i post here with it, but i put the Direct on my iPad, then maybe.

But i need to check if i can get the iPad too.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
When I watch a Direct, I turn off all other electronics. Thought I was gonna wait to post on here until after the Direct, but then that (potential) BOMBSHELL hit. Now it's more tense than ever. :psycho:

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
What are your final opinions guys?

Although I believe it's real, I'm trying to convince me to remain skeptical to be able to enjoy the direct at his fullest. Anyway, it will be a blast.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Alright, I hate Sakurai for having to make me watch this Direct at school, but I’ll still watch it live anyways.

Shroob

Sup?
With Etika apparently gone from Youtube, who will I turn to to get my "Acting but still enjoyably freakout" reactions to the Direct after it's done airing?

Relaxalax is too chill, and Rogersbase just cries.

D

Deleted member

What are your final opinions guys?

Although I believe it's real, I'm trying to convince me to remain skeptical to be able to enjoy the direct at his fullest. Anyway, it will be a blast.
I have to be open to anything.

Kojima trolled us in the past with the marketing and promotion of Metal Gear Solid 2.

Sakurai could pull something similar in any moment.

I need to prepare myself for the unknown.

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
I’m really hoping for a demo announcement at the end of the direct, but the fact that its followed by the treehouse stream makes me dubious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom