• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Also if Emily and Imran are saying it's wrong, then that means we're getting at least one of Incineroar/Banjo/Steve

PLEASE PULL THROUGH

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Alright, I want y'all to take a VERY good look at this part of the Grinch Leak.

View attachment 174395

This is clearly not from Smashified's render, for starters. So, in the history of all of the Smash leaks and just leaks in general, I don't think a fake leaker has gone THIS far with this amount of effort that they'd know where to move VERY SPECIFIC characters and references. As such, with here.

This is like the Ken Leak, the more you try and critique it, the more it becomes stronger and real. When has someone ever went to the extreme lengths of pulling off a fake leak like this? And once again, the reference to Metal Gear Solid V's Bear Hunting mission, how would one have THAT much knowledge going into this? Not to **** on Omni, but this leak has way more going for it than some video of a simple CSS that people who know graphic design and can do video editing can do very well.

I'm trying my best to be as subjective as I can with the Grinch Leak, but I've just come to accepting that this is another Ken Leak situation, where it's just too good to be fake. The more you try and critique it and say it's fake, the stronger it becomes.
The leak with the aura mechanic. Grinch’s power grew three sizes that day.

Shroob

Sup?
So manny insiders convenintly just now coming out of the woodworks with full knowledge of the roster only after the Gronch leak happened. Hmmmm...
I mean, it goes both ways. Papageno's source who says the banner is real also only mysteriously manifested after the banner came out.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Is this just a case of insiders/leakers/whatever have you trying to be more credible than the other or...what? All this does is just make things more confusing. Of course, it doesn't matter much as we're getting a direct in 6 hours, but still.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh man, Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas are 3 of the best games ever made and 3 of my favorite games ever.

Vault Boy would be freaking unreal.

I never even thought of that as a character that stood any chance, even as a pipe dream.

Not that this is real for sure, but damn... Smash leaks are crazy.

Ultimate leak season is crazier than Melee, Brawl, Smash 3DS, Smash Wii U, and Smash 4 DLC leak season combined, put together, and multiplied by a billion.

Thank you Sakurai and Namco Bandai!!! I LOVE THIS WILD RIDE!!!

Edit: also if this leak is real, doesn't mean Incineroar, Banjo or Steve are "dead." Just not on the base roster. That's fine. They can all still make it, because this game is crazy.

Regardless, DO NOT LOSE HOPE, AND DON'T STOP APPRECIATING THIS GAME'S ROSTER ANY WHICH WAY!!!

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I know it's an old meme, but just a friendly reminder that this could potentially happen after the leak:

View attachment 174206
Ironically Ridley, Daisy, and Chrom are in... and Shadow could be in if the Grinch leak is true... and Wolf, Pokemon Trainer, Ice Climbers, and Roy are in.

Only Goku is not... and I’d be shocked but happy if Goku actually gets in... because it would mean detractors can no longer use the “no anime” rule against Team Rocket Meowth and Captain N.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post
Guys, just had a few sources inform me Mario is out and will be replaced by Mr.L

Pretty bold of Sakurai if you ask me. BTW Incineroar is in but so is Isaac and Ken is a AT

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
id really stop taking them as gospel. especially emily, she has been so wrong about nintendo stuff over the past year its insane, or need i remind people she said smash ult was a port of 4, or that mother 3 was coming to the west.
Your examples are not from the past year though, she has actually been very credible in regards to Nintendo news recently.

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
The best part about all of this is all of the insiders conflicting with each other. All of them are pretty much just holding eachother at gunpoint and saying they're wrong endlessly. We truly do not know what to expect in the direct, whether that's a bad or good thing is up to you, but for me it's great. I'm expecting everything at this point.

Polan

Smash Lord
It would appear that Nintendo has developed a mastery of the art of the confusing of peoples' faces! Nothing these leakers say makes sense, and they all contradict each other in more ways than one. Mr. Veggiebond is no longer to be trusted either. Final prediction: the GRINCH leak shall be the correct one! Smell you all SOON, and avoid all fire safety hazards whilst doing so.
lol no. the one thing that i'm confident in is that the grinch leak is fake. the question is...of all the insiders left standing, who's right?

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
Oh hey, fun thing, I just got banned from the Nintendo twitch chat for 600 seconds for making a long message asking a person how Smash is now a fighting game instead of a platform fighter.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Alright, I want y'all to take a VERY good look at this part of the Grinch Leak.

View attachment 174395

This is clearly not from Smashified's render, for starters. So, in the history of all of the Smash leaks and just leaks in general, I don't think a fake leaker has gone THIS far with this amount of effort that they'd know where to move VERY SPECIFIC characters and references. As such, with here.

This is like the Ken Leak, the more you try and critique it, the more it becomes stronger and real. When has someone ever went to the extreme lengths of pulling off a fake leak like this? And once again, the reference to Metal Gear Solid V's Bear Hunting mission, how would one have THAT much knowledge going into this? Not to **** on Omni, but this leak has way more going for it than some video of a simple CSS that people who know graphic design and can do video editing can do very well.

I'm trying my best to be as subjective as I can with the Grinch Leak, but I've just come to accepting that this is another Ken Leak situation, where it's just too good to be fake. The more you try and critique it and say it's fake, the stronger it becomes.
Exactly. Every time we tried to debunk it, something came around to debunk the debunk. Just like various other leaks that came to be true. Doesn't make this true, but makes it plausible. And looking at the Banjo & Kazooie art in the banner--there are just some qualities fan art just doesn't capture. We'll see in 6 hours, either way. Here's hoping.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Oh man, Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas are 3 of the best games ever made and 3 of my favorite games ever.

Vault Boy would be freaking unreal.

I never even thought of that as a character that stood any chance, even as a pipe dream.

Not that this is real for sure, but damn... Smash leaks are crazy.

Ultimate leak season is crazier than Melee, Brawl, Smash 3DS, Smash Wii U, and Smash 4 DLC leak season combined, put together, and multiplied by a billion.

Thank you Sakurai and Namco Bandai!!! I LOVE THIS WILD RIDE!!!

Edit: also if this leak is real, doesn't mean Incineroar, Banjo or Steve are "dead." Just not on the base roster. That's fine. They can all still make it, because this game is crazy.

Regardless, DO NOT LOSE HOPE, AND DON'T STOP APPRECIATING THIS GAME'S ROSTER ANY WHICH WAY!!!
Um, the characters brought up prior to the listing of newcomers not playable are just examples of newcomers being speculated for this speculation period. Nothing more and nothing less.

Last edited:

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
Is it really a shocker that people who have been saying one thing all this time would think that someone else saying another thing is wrong? Of course Emily and Imran think it's fake, they trust their sources. We, as a whole not having access to anyone's sources, simply don't know who to trust right now. The Direct is in 7 hours, it'll be all over then and we'll know who was right and wrong.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Um, the characters brought up prior to the listing of newcomers not playable are just examples of newcomers being speculated for this speculation period. Nothing more and nothing less.
Yeah I understood that.

But like... Vault Boy even being listed is insane.

That's insane to me.

That's not even a pipe dream character because I never even really considered it.

Smash is Special, Smash is Wild, Smash Speculation is a Train Trip descending into Madness.

D

Deleted member

Exactly. Every time we tried to debunk it, something came around to debunk the debunk. Just like various other leaks that came to be true. Doesn't make this true, but makes it plausible. And looking at the Banjo & Kazooie art in the banner--there are just some qualities fan art just doesn't capture. We'll see in 6 hours, either way. Here's hoping.
The greatest part of this all is that this only feels like a tease.

Seeing it actually come to fruition and their models, music, everything? The Grinch Leak would in of itself get BTFO'd because of how insane the reveals are. That's why I'm feeling this is just a tease for the storm that's coming. If it's real, it's gonna be like the Castlevania leak where it won't do much harm, because the reveal is gonna be SO AMAZING to where the leak got BTFO'd.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Okay I think this is where I have to tap out

Just please put this on 6969 for me

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
6 more pages to victory. I believe in you. I believe in us.

I am so damn hyped to see what spirits is all about. And that mysterious icon in the side menu.

Please let there be more character deaths. It’s been refreshing to see.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Well bois, I'mma be here till the direct is over. May the direct be plentiful and the surprises happy. Let's do this.

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
Anything could happen at this point. Everyone’s contradicting each other. Whatever happens, a lot of people and leaks will be wrong. I’m just gonna ignore what all these ‘insiders’ are saying and wait for the direct.

I’m not playing them. It’s just part of the inspiration inherent to the game I am designing. It’s only similar in that structures and economy will be important for progress.
Oh i misread, i saw Starcraft and got too excited :) Tabletop game designing is in a new Golden Age right now from what i see, there's a lot good kickstarters/crowdfunded games. This is totally off-topic but if you ever do a crowdfunding campaign, keep me posted if you want i have a bunch of friends who are very interested in encouraging new developpers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom