• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
according to them those characters are not coming in release, if the N64 announcements really happens tomorrow, this means 2 things, Banjo is DLC, or the N64 mini release is not happening tomorrow.

I refuse to believe they're showing an N64 and not a newcomer from that console, is just nonsensical.

according to Gamexplain Banjo would "make sense" as DLC, so there's that.

Now, if this is true, Incineroar...what the heck.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Grinch leak being fake but no Incineroar anyways would be one of the biggest doozies in Smash speculation history.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
All the steps are irrelevant besides making the smash mural itself, which is an amateur undertaking to begin with. It makes no difference if hes actually working at a print shop or actually has access to Grinch assets (All old btw).

The only step this person had to do to go out of his way was edit the mural.
In a way, that's really exciting because it means no one really knows what's going to happen.
TOTALLY this. I love the fact that so many insiders have conflicted because it means I genuinely have no idea what we are getting tomorrow, but I have a firm belief in Ken, Incineroar and Dante. At least Ken and Dante now.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Also I'm actually really glad they weren't like "and here are all the characters you'll see later".

Because now I don't feel like I got that spoiled.

Just confused.

Shroob

Sup?
according to them those characters are not coming in release, if the N64 announcements really happens tomorrow, this means 2 things, Banjo is DLC, or the N64 mini release is not happening tomorrow.

I refuse to believe they're showing an N64 and not a newcomer from that console, is just nonsensical.
But Banjo being DLC probably also kills the Grinch leak.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
if they are right, then that just means what a lot of us were speculating and that incieroar was just leak bait

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Alright, everyone! I am getting 5 hours of sleep now as it is, so I just want to say that this has been a blast and super fascinating. ^_^ See you all after the direct! Good luck to everyone hoping to get their character. I will forever dream of Geno no matter what. <3

My final prediction is still Ken, Incineroar and Dante. Hope I get more than that. ^_^ Bye <3

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
oh you're right...
Well that might put Incineroar back in...but not as DLC?
But that contradicts the Gameintel leak itself.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I could see a scenario where he's announced as the first DLC, but still added to the mural. I wouldn't say it's likely, but it's a possibility.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
At the same time though, it kills basically every other leak because they all said Incineroar.

So like this is literally a reset button 6 hours before the direct.

That’s terrible. Lol. It can only go a couple of ways anyway. It is debunked, it isn’t debunked or it’s all but confirmed.

I hope it’s real, but based on what I have seen and heard, I’m Team Maybe. I guess since I haven’t been here, I’m just not invested in the speculation. I keep it in mind, but it hardly affects my expectations.

I’ve been keeping occupied playing Final Fantasy Tactics, XCom 2, Final Fantasy 9 and making my own tabletop game that is like a mix of Tactics, XCom, Starcraft and Dungeons and Dragons.

That said, I have put all that on hold because my hype is affecting my work ethic. Lol
I hope it's real too, for my Geno and for your Banjo (and all the others). I'm team maybe too but leaning toward fake. We'll know for sure in a few hours anyway ;)

Also that's a nice selection of games to keep you occupied! (are you playing the old Starcraft: Broodwar or SCII?)

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
Wait now Emily says their sources are wrong, so no N64 then? this guys ****ed up at the last day or Emily has wrong info

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I hope it's real too, for my Geno and for your Banjo (and all the others). I'm team maybe too but leaning toward fake. We'll know for sure in a few hours anyway ;)

Also that's a nice selection of games to keep you occupied! (are you playing the old Starcraft: Broodwar or SCII?)
I’m not playing them. It’s just part of the inspiration inherent to the game I am designing. It’s only similar in that structures and economy will be important for progress.

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
So their thing is:

"Grinch leak IS fake....... but so is Incineroar?"

Sorry, but... I find this hard to believe, and I'm not even on TeamReal or TeamVergeben. This really sounds like an unsourced claim.
At this point it's hard to believe anybody. Plus there's only 6 hours until the direct, all will be revealed then.

Svenjamin Olafsvartal

Smash Rookie
It would appear that Nintendo has developed a mastery of the art of the confusing of peoples' faces! Nothing these leakers say makes sense, and they all contradict each other in more ways than one. Mr. Veggiebond is no longer to be trusted either. Final prediction: the GRINCH leak shall be the correct one! Smell you all SOON, and avoid all fire safety hazards whilst doing so.

D

Deleted member

Alright, I want y'all to take a VERY good look at this part of the Grinch Leak.

a.png

This is clearly not from Smashified's render, for starters. So, in the history of all of the Smash leaks and just leaks in general, I don't think a fake leaker has gone THIS far with this amount of effort that they'd know where to move VERY SPECIFIC characters and references. As such, with here.

This is like the Ken Leak, the more you try and critique it, the more it becomes stronger and real. When has someone ever went to the extreme lengths of pulling off a fake leak like this? And once again, the reference to Metal Gear Solid V's Bear Hunting mission, how would one have THAT much knowledge going into this? Not to **** on Omni, but this leak has way more going for it than some video of a simple CSS that people who know graphic design and can do video editing can do very well.

I'm trying my best to be as subjective as I can with the Grinch Leak, but I've just come to accepting that this is another Ken Leak situation, where it's just too good to be fake. The more you try and critique it and say it's fake, the stronger it becomes.

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
If GamingINTEL is right, note that they said "wouldn't be in on release," which maaaaybe indicates they could be DLC? That's a big fat maybe, though, and is based on their info being correct, which...

I mean, we'll know in 7 hours. I should really just get some sleep.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Insiders are confused
"Leaks" are confused
We're confused

EVERYONE.IS.CONFUSED!
I woke up only to get immensely hyped, followed by immediately getting bamboozled. :psycho:

The only person that gets to confirm is Sakurai, though. We'll know in 6 hours.

Shroob

Sup?
id really stop taking them as gospel. especially emily, she has been so wrong about nintendo stuff over the past year its insane, or need i remind people she said smash ult was a port of 4, or that mother 3 was coming to the west.
I mean, if they're wrong, and this is right, then Grinch Leak is also wrong so...

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
So manny insiders convenintly just now coming out of the woodworks with full knowledge of the roster only after the Gronch leak happened. Hmmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom