• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Um...

Sorry, but, I have to disagree with this. Him being "sure of his sources" isn't actually relevant to whether or not he's lying about Isaac's role (or lack thereof) in the game.

After months of being harassed and bullied (and knowing the type of person Vergeben is), I'm sure he would want to get back at the users of GameFAQs for the **** they've given him since July.

Saying Isaac is an AT, along with Banjo and Geno, would operate to hurt the most because those three are the most popular and looked forward to of all the remaining characters. But he can't say Banjo or Geno, because then one could argue "that's stupid, what's the point of even getting them if you're just going to make them an AT?", but Isaac... Isaac has historically been an AT, it's believable that they'd do so again (though they'd have almost certainly revealed him in July or August were that the case).

Just my two cents.
Just so you know where I'm coming from, I am a critic of Vergeben and have been for over a year. I'll say this, Yes, Vergeben is a prick and a douchebag, however him throwing out a "troll leak" is 100% counter intuitive to the reputation he is trying to have. Even if he doesn't care for the Smash community. Ultimate IS his saving grace. If he indeed gets everything right for Ultimate that he's said then he will start to gain the trust that he wants as an "insider".

mjmannella

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
6515-6020-5729
Hey everyone, I'm feeling so hype. Just a couple more hours to go and all (or most) of our question will be answered. Leaks or no leaks, show pride and support for your most wanted characters to the end (politely of course) for tomorrow will be the greatest AT War ever to hit all Smash Fans.

Be happy for those who's characters are unscathed from the Melee, and welcomed into the Halls of Smash for fortune smiles fondly on the patient and the lucky, and be respectful, and supportive for those who's characters have fallen in the Brawl, and are AT'ed or lost to the void, for have we ourselves not felt the same pain as others in previous Smash games?

Everybody the time is soon upon us. For. One. Last. Time. List your top 5-10 picks and hope for the best. For those who happen to have all their most wanted characters, list characters that you wish others would get.
1. Amaterasu
2. Elma
3. Shantae
4. Sora
5. Rayman
6. Gardevoir
7. Valkyrie
8. Tetra
9. Fjorm
10. Fi

Honorable Mention: Blaze the Cat, Rex & Pyra, Saber, and Reimu.

[ QUOTE="Alastor017, post: 22634975, member: 405572"]Top 10 Smashboards Profile Pics:
#1: @P.Kat
#2: @Noipoi
#3: @Mehdow
#4: @MasterOfKnees
#5: @Idon
#6: Opossum Opossum
#7: @osby
#8: @Venus of the Desert Bloom
#9: @CosmicQuark
#10: @NonSpecificGuy
Honorable Mentions: @Cristaran @KDMP @Zinith
:)
Wow thanks :)[/QUOTE]
1. Incineroar
2. Spring Man
3. Funky Kong
4. Buzzwole
5. Geno
6. Dixie Kong
7. Chunky Kong
8. Wailmer
9. Ribbon Girl
10. Slippy Toad

Fane

Smash Journeyman
hasnt he only 'leaked' like, two things? (guessed isabelle, but really who didnt, and simon?) even before the grinch leak i had no idea he ever leaked anything else
Well he's said:

-Ridley at E3
-No cuts from Wii U
-Snake and Ice Climbers return
-Simon Belmont
-Minecraft content somehow

Then afterwards it's been little bits and only one has been confirmed:

-Isabelle
-Ken as Ryu Echo
-SquEnix rep
-Incineroar

So far everything is correct he's said, minus four things which are yet to be confirmed/deconfirmed.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
So, what would be your reaction if tomorrow we got Incineroar, Ken, Celica, and Dante? Sora is revealed at the VGAs as either base roster or DLC releasing shortly after the game releases.
I'd be very happy to get Celica, but I feel like they could make her a Robin echo and then spend more time on a unique non-FE fighter (or even MOAR echoes). The others, I'm less bothered about.

Personally, I think them making a decent number of echoes available as DLC is a possibility, and I find that prospect really exciting. I want to play as Shadow, Hilda, Dr Luigi, Morpho Knight, Boshi, Dixie, Dry Bowser, Jeanne, Demise, Raichu, Dunban(?), etc. etc.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
How did the conversation turn into "More FE characters"? I was only out like 4 hours. Also, still talking Dante? People forgot about the producer thing again?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That was amazing. Could Sega just kick out their current song writers and just hire you?
Actually, thank you very much for the compliment. We're going to start doing music parodies on our Youtube channel in the coming months, so that bodes well!

I actually wrote this when I was stuck on trying to parody a completely different song. Knuckles' theme is so ripe for parody.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
How did the conversation turn into "More FE characters"? I was only out like 4 hours. Also, still talking Dante? People forgot about the producer thing again?
The thread has gone in it's pessimistic phase. Which I don't blame it for.

This Direct is giving me 12/15 vibes anyways.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, I'm feeling so hype. Just a couple more hours to go and all (or most) of our question will be answered. Leaks or no leaks, show pride and support for your most wanted characters to the end (politely of course) for tomorrow will be the greatest AT War ever to hit all Smash Fans.

Be happy for those who's characters are unscathed from the Melee, and welcomed into the Halls of Smash for fortune smiles fondly on the patient and the lucky, and be respectful, and supportive for those who's characters have fallen in the Brawl, and are AT'ed or lost to the void, for have we ourselves not felt the same pain as others in previous Smash games?

Everybody the time is soon upon us. For. One. Last. Time. List your top 5-10 picks and hope for the best. For those who happen to have all their most wanted characters, list characters that you wish others would get.
1. Amaterasu
2. Elma
3. Shantae
4. Sora
5. Rayman
6. Gardevoir
7. Valkyrie
8. Tetra
9. Fjorm
10. Fi

[ QUOTE="Alastor017, post: 22634975, member: 405572"]Top 10 Smashboards Profile Pics:
Wow thanks :)[/QUOTE]

1. Shadow
2. KOS-MOS
3. Black Knight
4. Saber
5. Deathborn
6. Elma
7. Rex & Pyra
8. Black Shadow
9. Zero
10. Eggman

So while I am quite sad at the prospect of Shadow and Isaac missing playable status once again, I can get over that. I’m just glad we found before the Direct aired should it turn out that way.

I’d be ecstatic if it’s false and we get those 2, but my expectations have definitely been set for tomorrow. Really, I think a surprise reveal like Elma would be great.

I suppose i’ll mention my other idea for page 6969. I can’t do anything specific, but my humble opinion is that the people who decide to not post “Nice” on that page should get a warning or infraction. Probably a ban, actually.

For effect: @IsmaR @AEMehr @Smooth Criminal @NonSpecificGuy @Legendary Spirit Tamer @Venus of the Desert Bloom

You know what to do!
Why are you acting like it's confirmed? Who said they are, Vergeben?

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Don't forget FE: Gaiden.

Yeah, her first appearance was way far back.
Yo is that a dong armor in my Smash Bros thread?
1541026371864.jpeg

If Celica actually does get into Smash I hope she does have her Gaiden/"Homeless" design as an alt.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm so excited to see what Spirits Mode is. I'm also a little apprehensive.

I want it to be like Melee's Adventure Mode with bosses thrown in.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
But we can't upload posts less than ten words long.
I thought it was 10 characters

All we'd need to do would be:

niceniceni

But if it was 10 words:

nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice nice

It's even here and easy to copy/paste so DONT MESS IT UP FOLKS!

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Nope. Ridley, all of Smash 4 vets returning, Ice Climbers, Isabelle, Ken, Incineroar, Snake, Wolf, Minecraft content, the possibility of Steve playable, Isaac AT. That's all his current ones as of now.
ice climbers, isabelle, and ken are some pretty obvious choices. ken, inc, minecraft content, steve, and isaac AT arent even confirmed yet though.

id also be on board with the "all of the smash 4 vets returning" 'leak' if that also wasnt something that couldve just been guessed aside from maybe the third party dlc

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
Honestly? Real or fake, I'm kind of glad the Grinch leak happened. Before it, I thought I had a decent idea of what the roster would end up looking like. At this point, with everyone saying contradictory things and a picture that somehow hasn't been debunked yet, I have no idea what to expect. Plus, it led to a lot of interesting analysis and discussion.

If it does turn out to be real, though, Sakurai just had a bunch of huge surprises spoiled, and I'd feel really bad for the guy :/

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Crossing my fingers Spirits is a SSE like story mode. I'd even be okay if it was a hybrid of that and Adventure Mode though.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice

1.Geno
2. Shadow
3. Black Mage
4. Yarn Kirby
5. Dixie Kong

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Um... have you forgotten how lazy Sans is? He'd probably rather snooze than play sports.
Well yeah. He literally fights with one hand behind his back. That element of his personality would still be preserved, I'm sure. Sakurai is keen on details like that, even if most people on the internet aren't.

Besides, Isabelle is a secretary, Wii Fit is a fitness instructor, Olimar is a vulnerable explorer, and the Duck Hunt Trio consists of a duck and a dog that never fight in their home game. And those are just the playable characters. Sans fighting in any capacity is far from the largest stretch Smash has made.

Speaking of...

D

Deleted member

I want the grinch leak to be real just so the first legitimate full roster leak for this game can begin with “suck my ****ing ****”

Iridium

Smash Hero

niceniceni

But if it was 10 words:

Mess what up?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

niceniceni

But if it was 10 words:

Ok but consider the following:

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

Potato_

Smash Lord

1. Amaterasu
2. Elma
3. Shantae
4. Sora
5. Rayman
6. Gardevoir
7. Valkyrie
8. Tetra
9. Fjorm
10. Fi

My sig, plus one more I guess Isaac.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So while I am quite sad at the prospect of Shadow and Isaac missing playable status once again, I can get over that. I’m just glad we found before the Direct aired should it turn out that way.

I’d be ecstatic if it’s false and we get those 2, but my expectations have definitely been set for tomorrow. Really, I think a surprise reveal like Elma would be great.

I suppose i’ll mention my other idea for page 6969. I can’t do anything specific, but my humble opinion is that the people who decide to not post “Nice” on that page should get a warning or infraction. Probably a ban, actually.

For effect: @IsmaR @AEMehr @Smooth Criminal @NonSpecificGuy @Legendary Spirit Tamer @Venus of the Desert Bloom

You know what to do!
We should all embed Sexual Healing from YouTube for the entire page and kill off mobile users once and for all.

Sorry Opossum Opossum

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I see people listing their top 5 or 10 wanted newcomers. Here's my top 5, starting from 5:
5. Paper Mario
4. Travis Touchdown
3. Shadow
2. Banjo Kazooie
1. Geno

I'm not really an Isaac guy but I hope he gets revealed as playable for his fans.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
So, what would be your reaction if tomorrow we got Incineroar, Ken, Celica, and Dante? Sora is revealed at the VGAs as either base roster or DLC releasing shortly after the game releases.
Largely underwhelmed.

Not because of the Grinch leak, there's only a singular character there I genuinely want, but could live without.(Shadow)

But because this would be the most boring way to end off Ultimate before release ever for me.

Incineroar is a boring Pokemon to me, and it would just be another fire wielder/brawler. Any other Pokemon from Gen 7 would be better honestly.

Ken is expected, not too exciting.

Celica is honestly a Fire Emblem 'who', and we don't need more Fire Emblem hatred spread around because two characters from the series were introduced again.

Dante is just one of the most uninteresting 3rd parties they could go for as a finisher imo. If this were to happen I'd be extremely confused why the K. Rool and Simon direct came first when that is overall way more hype and far more interesting.

Sora would really be the only hype thing to me, and that's only because they would had to have dealt with Disney. I guess the fact he's a highly requested character would be awesome as well.

Just my opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom