• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Since everyone's doing it, I might as well stop being a prude and make my own roster:
shrekisloveshrekislife.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Personally, I wouldn’t really be a fan of incineroar. He just feels kinda like a boring choice, and even among other Pokemon I feel like characters such as Buzzwole would be more interesting. Plus I’m not a fan of his design. If they fully embrace a grappler concept with his moveset, I’d be more interested, but at that point I’d just prefer zangief.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
To the people wanting Sans in as a fighter, I think he'd make a much better assist trophy with his moveset than a fighter but I wouldn't mind him being a fighter. Just don't know how likely it is at this point

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Ohh! I didn't know Verg said the Grinch is fake. Issac is an assist.
Oh I'll take that.
Well I don't care honestly as long as Goemon gets in.
We don't even know if he's telling the truth.

The stupidest thing about this whole thing is basically no other leaker aside from Vergeben leaks smash the ENTIRE CYCLE. Additionally, haven't heard any reputable leaks for months from Vergeben, then this leak banner comes and almost a week later, every Insider in their mother comes out and says wildly different things for why it's fake.

THEN, Vergeben says randomly Isaac is an AT, after someone else said it.

I'm calling him getting back at the community for trolling the **** out of him since the leak, instead of it being legit. I hope....

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
If the leak is real, Banjo. Isaac or Geno as the opener, the rest spaced out in the middle. Banjo should be last. He's that important
dear god. I'd be the most relaxed and zen man on Earth if Geno was just revealed right away at the start. The next 40 minutes would just be comfy cherries atop my satisfaction.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Here's a topical game:

It's Halloween. Who does your main dress up as? And are they all about tricks or treats?
My mains dress up as Katara and Sokka, and hell yes they want some delicious candy. They especially enjoy splitting some kit kats

Other possible costumes include Batman and Robin/Jay and Silent Bob/Thing 1 and 2/Jules and Vincent

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Also can we remember that Sakurai specifically said in the K. Rool/Simon direct column that he went off the ballot for newcomers?

I doubt that Chrom, Dark Samus, Ridley, Isabelle, Daisy, and Richter did amazingly. Chrom and Dark Samus he mentioned as popular, Ridley he's been trying to fit in the roster for a while now, Isabelle is the face of Animal Crossing, Daisy is likely the same boat as Chrom/Dark Samus, and Richter is just more popular in Japan than Simon.

Pretty sure the only notable placers we got so far are K. Rool, Simon, and Inklings. I doubt those were the only ones he chose off the ballot.

Which leads me to believing Grinch far more than insiders. I doubt he'd take a look at Geno + Isaac going "Wow! These guys sure are popular, they'll want them as Assists I bet!" Straight up a ridiculous notion at this point lol

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Please do not post media-only replies.
As my final post in these boards before the smash direct tomorrow, even tho i know he is not in ill throw my vibes so that the grinch leak is real:

Smash logo opens, soon enough this theme starts playing.

Will be here after the cluster**** tomorrow, laters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Um... and why wouldn't he?
IIRC, ZUN has shut down fan projects for crowdfunding despite his generally lax policy on fangames and his ip. It feels to me that he kinda want keep the spirit of Touhou as a doujin game alive, and getting in smash would kinda go against that. Like I said, just a feeling.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
im gonna be honest, after how much undertale was shoved down my throat when it came out, i would be super happy to never see it near smash

Wambo

Smash Ace
Real or fake, I think Geno is definitely the last. Just one last tease from Sakurai.
No, I agree with Banjo being last. He leave the biggest "OMG" effect once the direct was over. Isaac makes sense as an opener.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We don't even know if he's telling the truth.

The stupidest thing about this whole thing is basically no other leaker aside from Vergeben leaks smash the ENTIRE CYCLE. Additionally, haven't heard any reputable leaks for months from Vergeben, then this leak banner comes and almost a week later, every Insider in their mother comes out and says wildly different things for why it's fake.

THEN, Vergeben says randomly Isaac is an AT, after someone else said it.

I'm calling him getting back at the community for trolling the **** out of him since the leak, instead of it being legit. I hope....
Or this is the only time he was confident in it. He did choose the timing, sure, but it doesn't mean he's lying either. He believes in it.

Of course, him being fed bad information is pretty normal these days. He made it his business to work harder on being sure of his sources. And he's sure Isaac is an AT. It's quite possible he only bothered to give this information now because it's actually relevant to what people are discussing. Does it seem spiteful? Sure. I get that. But it's silly to believe he's lying.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
i mean, smash ultimate is one of the hypest games ever. no game has ever been at this level of hype with announcement for new characters, and nowhere close to this indepth speculation. like, we've been at the point where we were examining pixels and the grinch leak still isnt disproven. i've never in my life seen a nintendo game, or game in general, get people this excited and deep into speculation. not even sm4sh
As someone who's been here for Brawl, Smash 4 and Ultimate's hype cycles, I really have to disagree with you. We always get like this. (And the Grinch leak is just as disproven as it is disproven, just like the Shulk leak and the Palutena leak-- one of which turned out to be true while the other wasn't.)

But that aside, the rowdiness and excessive expectations of this extreme community aren't the only things that dictate how they want to market and sell their game. We have to remember that or we're going to be disappointed. We are not the only ones buying Smash Bros. Ultimate.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Also can we remember that Sakurai specifically said in the K. Rool/Simon direct column that he went off the ballot for newcomers?

I doubt that Chrom, Dark Samus, Ridley, Isabelle, Daisy, and Richter did amazingly. Chrom and Dark Samus he mentioned as popular, Ridley he's been trying to fit in the roster for a while now, Isabelle is the face of Animal Crossing, Daisy is likely the same boat as Chrom/Dark Samus, and Richter is just more popular in Japan than Simon.

Pretty sure the only notable placers we got so far are K. Rool, Simon, and Inklings. I doubt those were the only ones he chose off the ballot.

Which leads me to believing Grinch far more than insiders. I doubt he'd take a look at Geno + Isaac going "Wow! These guys sure are popular, they'll want them as Assists I bet!" Straight up a ridiculous notion at this point lol
dont forget even sakurai wants geno in, and hes even said geno's mii costume was supposed to make up for him not making it as dlc for smash 4

i think even if the grinch leak is fake, we'll still get geno

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
I still cant believe this is finally happening the final smash direct hopefully we someome unexpected

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Music was actually what I was expecting the most should we get content. At most I'd say a Sans assist trophy purely due to the popularity of the character.

But it's true, Toby would have to be on board with the idea for it to go anywhere. And there's a good chance with the game's core selling point being "You don't have to fight anyone!" that he could see Sans fighting as a contradiction of that.
Possibly, although the fighting in Undertale and the fighting in Smash are different. No one dies in Smash; you just get KO'd. But in Undertale, it's actual life and death. I think Sans would be down with knocking some fools around in what's an actual sport in the Smash world (as seen in SSE).

More importantly, I'm pretty sure if Toby Fox was approached by Nintendo asking if they could include Undertale stuff in Smash for any reason, I doubt Toby would turn them down.

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Oh god, i hope Banjo comes first so i wont have to die from expecting it to either happen or not until the end

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Banjo makes the most sense to reveal for last. He along with Isaac and Geno are probably the only ones that could match K. Rool and Ridley in terms of hype. All being the Big 5.

Shog

Smash Ace
Rushing through some pages of this thread I can only say one thing: Man, if the Grinch Leak turns out to be true, I'll really have a dream roster available for me(Dark Samus, Ridley, Isaac, Banjo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom