• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RisanF

Smash Rookie
Alright, moment of truth in less than a day! Will Censored Green mode turn out to be an Adventure Mode, or something else?

The only other thing I could see it being is some sort of Boss Rush mode, to explain the presence of Dracula, Rathalos, and the flat Boss arenas. I'm doubtful of this, because Boss Rush is typically something of a side-extra, on the same level as Target Smash or Multi Man Smash. It would have to be one heck of a Boss mode, with like 20+ bosses and cinematic cutscenes to be worthy of such a prime position on the menu. Even then, I still think that a platformer-adventure (that also includes bosses) would be the best thing to justify this kind of insane amount of mystery and hype.

I think there's a pretty good chance of Censored Green Mode being some sort of traditional adventure mode with brawling and platforming. Every smash since Melee has featured some variant of this. Even Smash Wii U has Master Fortress, which is akin to a very short Adventure level with Smash Run enemies. And even with all the criticism Subspace had, I think enough people want it now to justify it.

Of course, this being Sakurai, there's always the chance it could be another "Smash Tour" debacle, or something completely out of left field. Here are my current predictions:

Adventure/Subspace Mode: 60% Chance
Boss Rush Mode: 30% Chance
Sakurai Weirdness: 10% Chance

So I'll be bowing out of here until the Direct, after which I'll either be celebrated, or curled up in the fetal position clutching my copy of Brawl to my heart. :p

Fane

Smash Journeyman
People say Skull Kid cause of the chairs and... That's it
No, that's not it at all.

>Moon is now an Assist, makes no sense to have two assists from the LoZ series from the same game.
>Mushroom from Earthbound/Mother is a new item that does exactly what Skull Kid did in Sm4sh as an assist.
>No new LoZ newcomer despite major outcry for one that isn't a different Link.
>Majora's Mask remake in 2015, lines up perfectly with Ultimate's development plan.

He definitely COULD be a boss though. Which would be very unfortunate imo.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nice.

Anyway, something crossed my mind. We have had some seemingly clear hints toward characters like Isaac (the ratholos tweet) and Mach Rider (sakurai buying that mech), and people seem to see more questionable hints everywhere (i.e. DK's pose in the K. Rool trailer being a reference to Karate Joe, even though that's just a very generic relaxed pose)

Have we seen any substantial hints for other characters, in particular Incinaroar? I don't think these hints or a lack thereof PROVE anything, just curious.
I'm pretty sure I saw Incineroar in the clouds this morning.

StormC

Smash Hero
I really should have limited it to 5 for Squad Strike, but I am all about this new (and hopefully improved) Dorf.

slip banjo between k. rool and cloud if grinch real

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
No, that's not it at all.

>Moon is now an Assist, makes no sense to have two assists from the LoZ series from the same game.
>Mushroom from Earthbound/Mother is a new item that does exactly what Skull Kid did in Sm4sh as an assist.
>No new LoZ newcomer despite major outcry for one that isn't a different Link.
>Majora's Mask remake in 2015, lines up perfectly with Ultimate's development plan.

He definitely COULD be a boss though. Which would be very unfortunate imo.
I meant "That's it" as in "There are no other characters that come to mind which have been 'hinted' at"
OH WAIT **** THERE'S THAT DBS SHOT IN K.ROOL'S TRAILER

D

Deleted member

Seriously though I haven't played it all so NO UNDERTALE 2 SPOILERS PLEASE GUYS
Undertale 2 even being a thing that now exists is the weirdest thing ever.

It also reminds me I haven't played Undertale yet. Maybe I should do that soon.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Spoilers from Deltarune (that game that recently Tobyfox, the creator of Undertale, has released)
So, the game have a little reference of Smash:
wheliofet.png

The conversation pretty much ends with:

Please remember this for later.
You can talk with Sans and he pretty much asks you if you can spend time with his brother tomorrow because he will be busy, in the website of DeltaRune there is also a text telling you to not talk about the game for 24 hours... funny because in 24 hours it will be the Smash Direct, Sans will be busy for that day... Coincidence? Yes, but here's the last hilarious coincidence, when Toriel mentions a "book about eating green eggs", she is talking about this book:

By Dr. Seuss, which is hilarious because Dr. Seuss also wrote:

So Pretty much you have Smash and the Grinch is the same sentence with Sans telling you he will be busy the day of the Smash Direct.
So many hilarious coincidences, I don't think it means anything, but is amazing.

radBoss

Smash Cadet
I'm asking the guy who posted the picture for a source, and will post if given
I mean I saw the original thread. Guy posted it and other people accessed the press site and it wasn't there, but the text was the same minus the Banjo text. This includes the misspelled "Isabella".

paper roxy

Smash Ace
You heard of inspect element?
i mean, i wouldnt entirely discount it as fake, but who knows. lots of people are saying that its really what the press site for nintendo stuff looks like, and if its fake the person would have to be in the press in some way to have edited the page. im still not sold on it being valid though

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
I will actually be floored if at least one of the trio of Geno/Skull Kid/Isaac doesn't get in.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Alright, moment of truth in less than a day! Will Censored Green mode turn out to be an Adventure Mode, or something else?

The only other thing I could see it being is some sort of Boss Rush mode, to explain the presence of Dracula, Rathalos, and the flat Boss arenas. I'm doubtful of this, because Boss Rush is typically something of a side-extra, on the same level as Target Smash or Multi Man Smash. It would have to be one heck of a Boss mode, with like 20+ bosses and cinematic cutscenes to be worthy of such a prime position on the menu. Even then, I still think that a platformer-adventure (that also includes bosses) would be the best thing to justify this kind of insane amount of mystery and hype.

I think there's a pretty good chance of Censored Green Mode being some sort of traditional adventure mode with brawling and platforming. Every smash since Melee has featured some variant of this. Even Smash Wii U has Master Fortress, which is akin to a very short Adventure level with Smash Run enemies. And even with all the criticism Subspace had, I think enough people want it now to justify it.

Of course, this being Sakurai, there's always the chance it could be another "Smash Tour" debacle, or something completely out of left field. Here are my current predictions:

Adventure/Subspace Mode: 60% Chance
Boss Rush Mode: 30% Chance
Sakurai Weirdness: 10% Chance

So I'll be bowing out of here until the Direct, after which I'll either be celebrated, or curled up in the fetal position clutching my copy of Brawl to my heart. :p
Um... Boss Rush has only been a thing in Brawl.

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
Undertale 2 AND the possibility of Undertale music in Smash? AND a smash direct?

I don't know what I did to deserve all this amazing stuff coming my way but I will take it.
Wait wait wait
What do you mean by possibility of Undertale music in Smash? Has someone said that there'd be some?
Also Delta Rune not Undertale 2 smfh

Chrollo.

fka president wario
If Sans is in Smash I’m gonna laugh my ass off. He’s the best meme pick possible.

But I doubt those teases mean anything. They’re not gonna hint at his inclusion before the announcement, that’s breaking a NDA.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
*Direct opens

Sakurai: We are well aware all of you have leaked our game.

Now your all gonna have a bad time.

*screen goes black.

Yfw?

Chrollo.

fka president wario
**** a NDA. I have an announcement to make.

I’ll be playable in Smash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom