• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
K.Rool murdered my parents in an alleyway when I was 6
Oh boo hoo. I bet you cope by spending your nights running around the city in a crocodile costume, and your days pretending to be a billionaire playboy socialite. Heard that one before.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This roster needs the Fantastic Four, Superman and Jet Jaguar to be my pipe dream roster.
They're all Assist Trophies, alongside the likes of RoxanDasher and others that I wish to keep a secret
Sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
Sticking with my two mains, and very excited to try out Simon and his moveset. Thanks for the tool!

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 01.55.38.png

D

Deleted member

I wonder when we'll reach 7000 by. Im sure we'll be past it by the time the direct happens; but just how far by?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Long as it isn't Tapion.

Seriously, if that Season 2 FighterZ DLC leak is real, everyone on it is cool-- but Tapion. Who. The ****. Wants Tapion.
Um I want Tapion.
Ocarina and sword?
Yes please.
Super interested to see how they get creative with the move set.

I'd much rather a classic era Z character then the newer super ones.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Here's a question for Skull Kid fans..
I know you want him as playable (personally I don't) but things indicate that if he's ever in, then he's most probably going to be a boss. I say this because he lost his only chance at a Final Smash, the Moon. Sakurai is honoring him by making him a boss, is what I think. So some of you may say, he has his mask transformation. True (but then that's not the kid.. anyways), BUT that's not the style Sakurai is going after in this iteration. As you can see, for exampe Wario's FS was changed to match the new style.. fast paced action. A Transformation wouldv'e been good in 4, but now it'd be too slow. (well, unless the transformation is like Mr. G&W's.. maybe).
So fans, have you thought of an FS for Skull Kid? Also, are you fond of the kid or the Mask?

Last edited:

radBoss

Smash Cadet
>Rooting for anyone except Garlic Jr.
Who knew it was possible to have this much of an objectively wrong opinion?
I'm joking please don't hurt me
Garlic Jr apparently was never considered, but Pilaf was actually cut last minute from what I heard.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Mario, zelda, and splatoon are covered.

Dk needs one based on tropical freeze. A frozen wasteland with the enemies roaming around.

Earthbound has to be inside the final area with gygas.

Kirby should have a stage based on robobot. The city with driving waddle dees would be perfect.
My idea would be

Mario: Bowser's Castle cuz the closest thing we got is the Paper Mario stage and thats just part of it

Zelda: Ganon's Tower, any incarnation but preferably the OoT one

Kirby: Planet robobot stage would be great your idea is exactly what i was thinking

Earthbound: I was more thinking something from Mother 1 like Mt Itoi

DK: I was more thinking gangplank Galleon but i am a sucker for winter alndscapes so Tropical Freeze would be Great

Splatoon: Camp Triggerfish. Favorite Map

Metal Gear Solid: I had an idea of a Stage based on Mother Base with the soldiers cheering on the fight cameos from Ocelot, Quiet, Miller, Etc.

Those are the only ones i could think of now..

D

Deleted member

Shut up and give me back my money!
:troll:
Wait, what's she from? I might be able to manage to make her an alt. costume, if she's similar enough to another character in terms of abilities.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
I know you want him as playable (personally I don't) but things indicate that if he's ever in, then he's most probably going to be a boss. I say this because he lost his only chance at a Final Smash, the Moon. Sakurai is honoring him by making him a boss, is what I think. So some of you may say, he has his mask transformation. True (but then that's not the kid.. anyways), BUT that's not the style Sakurai is going after in this iteration. As you can see, for exampe Wario's FS was changed to match the new style.. fast paced action. A Transformation wouldv'e been good in 4, but now it'd be too slow. (well, unless the transformation is like Mr. G&W's.. maybe).
So fans, have you thought of an FS for Skull Kid? Also, are you fond of the kid or the Mask?
I'm ambivalent on whether he's in or not, but saying that his transformation (Majora's Wrath/Incarnation) couldn't be utilized in a cutscene/flurry final smash in the same manner as Wario Man, Super Sonic, Giga Mac, etc., is plain wrong.

Last edited:

SneakDuckens

Smash Cadet
NNID
heiny13
My uncle's roommate works for Nintendo. He said that the direct starts with a trailer similar to the K. Rool trailer. This time Geno shows up, but it turns out that it was MALLOW IN A GENO COSTUME. Mallow confirmed for smash.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Reposting because I think it's a decent theory mostly lol

Okay boys and gals strap your tinfoil hats on and entertain this theory:

Spirits Mode: you start with original 8 Smashers , all the other characters have had their souls ripped out of them and their bodies have been turned into ***drumroll*** special assist trophies. Once you fight the boss character relevant to the character you unlock the character assist trophy helps you take on the boss.. once you defeat the boss, the assist trophy is imbued with it's spirit again, character is unlocked, Grinch leak supposedly shows assist trophies , but then these specific ones become real. Leakers are correct , Grinch is correct, incineroar gets struck by lightning , DLC gets purchased in the future and must be unlocked the same way in spirits mode. Spirits mode has 2 S's in it. Assist Trophy has 3 S's in it, 3 comes after 2...

.... Illuminati Confirmed?

Or we get Ken, Incineroar, Chibi Robo, and a frickin L shaped Tetromino and there's an unlockable Easter egg in the game of the Grinch being violently murdered by Sakurai

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Here's my roster
Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 11.03.10 AM.png

Add Sora when he's added into the game. He'll give Marth a serious run for his money in terms of main.

Also yes, I do (kind of) main the random button.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I'm ambivalent on whether he's in or not, but saying that his transformation (Majora's Wrath/Incarnation) couldn't be utilized in a cutscene/flurry final smash in the same manner as Wario Man, Super Sonic, Giga Mac, etc., is plain wrong.
I think you missed a part of my comment ;)

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
My guy it is NOT difficult to imagine a cinematic Final Smash in which Skull Kid goes all Majora and beats the ever living **** out of people alla Bayo or even Wario

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
My idea would be

Mario: Bowser's Castle cuz the closest thing we got is the Paper Mario stage and thats just part of it

Zelda: Ganon's Tower, any incarnation but preferably the OoT one

Kirby: Planet robobot stage would be great your idea is exactly what i was thinking

Earthbound: I was more thinking something from Mother 1 like Mt Itoi

DK: I was more thinking gangplank Galleon but i am a sucker for winter alndscapes so Tropical Freeze would be Great

Splatoon: Camp Triggerfish. Favorite Map

Metal Gear Solid: I had an idea of a Stage based on Mother Base with the soldiers cheering on the fight cameos from Ocelot, Quiet, Miller, Etc.

Those are the only ones i could think of now..
The mother base one could be similar to Mario Sunshine stage. Not bad

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I’d do that post your roster thing but it’d legitimately be half of the roster lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why does everyone assuming the moon is Skull Kid's thing.

Has no played Majora's Mask?

Majora's Wraith would obviously be his final smash if in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom