• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wait a moment...

When did the general threads get merged? Wasn't the old one acting glitchy or something? Now we're back in it again and I didn't even realize it?

This week just keeps getting more and more confusing as it goes.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You say that but there were people like me who were pulling for Bayo the entire time. She had ballot support. She had buzz, just nobody thought it'd happen

Dante is in a similar situation
Oh, I'm aware of her support, I just find her inclusion funny because a lot of people just ignored it because "she's too sexy" or she wasn't top five.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wait a moment...

When did the general threads get merged? Wasn't the old one acting glitchy or something? Now we're back in it again and I didn't even realize it?

Don't worry, it's just a cheap trick weak threads use to make themselves stronger.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
If there is a mysterious 3rd party rep, who do you think it could be?

Im guessing either Sora or Master Freaken Chief.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also I have a conspiracy that we've been given hints of pheonix wright being playable by an insider but I never realized it till today.

Tart

Smash Cadet
Wait a moment...

Haha.. Yeah, either they merged or we're back in the old thread. Been like that for a day or so.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Why do you feel like that's likely? Phosphora isn't exactly a 'big' character in Kid Icarus Uprising and she'd be a returning Assist Trophy most likely, so outside of maybe appearing in one of those AT Montages, I can't see her appearing..and even the montage is iffy even if she returns as an AT (which seems likely enough).
Well I technically didn't say "playable" in my context, even though I do want her playable. Even though she really isn't big, I personally see her as the 2nd highest chance for another KI rep after Medusa. Plus it's not the first time an Assist Trophy had been promoted to a playable character, so the possibility still exists. It may not be a high chance, but it's still a possibility. I'm sure many of us think it's still odd that both she and Magnus suddenly disappeared from AT status (probably because demo things), and the lack of KI things in general happening. I mean sure the only new thing we got is the Insight Staff and Pit's new FS... and Palu's slightly different moveset, but again, it's just me being curious and all.

Sometimes I feel many people are focused too much on the mainly talked about characters and forget that other possibilities can happen. For me, Phosphora just happens to be that one that is often ignored, in favor of Medusa (who I also want playable) or Hades, who I could see as a boss (though Twinbellows would be a brilliant KI boss choice too). And I already mentioned Monster Hunter a few times.

Kagrenac

Smash Cadet
All ive learned from this is that the people saying its fake have no proof and the people saying its real have no clue what the **** is going on anymore lol.

I really want the leak to be real just so the assholes at GX get shot down for being so pretentious.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wait a moment...

Our lord and savior of the flaming boards, Warchamp7 Warchamp7 , fix'd it I believe. So now there's a copypasta post I made of Intelliheaths original post lost somewhere in the Middle of the thread lol.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Does anyone have a link to Mystic's tweet on a third party shock? Can't seem to find it...

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Verge's saying Isaac is an assist trophy. Wonder why Sakurai thought "People want this character playable, I'll bring them back as an Assist Trophy, that'll please them!" Cause I think most people would rather have Isaac be absent again
I don't understand why he even had to post that comment and specifically at that time. The Direct is just less than two days away. All he's doing at this point is causing unnecessary anxiety among the community. Seems like a real **** move.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Verge's saying Isaac is an assist trophy. Wonder why Sakurai thought "People want this character playable, I'll bring them back as an Assist Trophy, that'll please them!" Cause I think most people would rather have Isaac be absent again
Imagine what could have happened to King K Rool and look where he is now! The same must happen to Isaac considering just like King K Rool he is in demand for a playable character from all these fans.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So a thought occurred to me.

When Jon became more involved with GX, they launched a series called "the case for"

Now what is this about?

The GX crew debate a character's chances at being playable. They started with Ridley and have done bandanna dee. But these cases are done in a AA style.

Now what's interesting is that Master Hand is the judge.

And what does he do? Talk, just like Jon "predicted" in today's video.

What if talking masterhand was literally hinted to us for all this time and Pheonix wright?

I'm probably wrong but just a coincidence I noticed.

osby

Smash Obsessed
People complained a lot when he was absent in the last game, too. I don't think anything short of a playable character will satisfy his fans at this point.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
In the past, Sakurai has stated that he views echoes and assist trophies as "bonuses." implying he wouldn't have put them in in any other form to begin with.
Personally, I feel that's just PRspeak for "Be grateful you little ****s" but that's just me.

Short of being a unique playable character that represents a franchise properly, you're going to find disappointment in every other form.

Last edited:

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand why he even had to post that comment and specifically at that time. The Direct is just less than two days away. All he's doing is causing unnecessary anxiety among the community. Seems like a real **** move.
To temper peoples expectations. It hurts, but it was a good move in the long run.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Still have my fingers crossed for Medusa and Ken
Id love to see Junko or Fossil Fighter but thatll never ever happen

Medusa and Ken have a chance and Im going to hope they make it in

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I have a very VERY VEEEEEEERRRRRRRYYYY strong feeling that tomorrow morning is gonna be a disaster. I definitely see more reliable insiders like Verge and some of the ResetEra members getting more information about the direct tomorrow.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Imagine what could have happened to King K Rool and look where he is now! The same must happen to Isaac considering just like King K Rool he is in demand for a playable character from all these fans.
Waluigi, Ashley, Krystal, I think there are several ATs that'd like a word

I don't understand why he even had to post that comment and specifically at that time. The Direct is just less than two days away. All he's doing is causing unnecessary anxiety among the community. Seems like a real **** move.
I think he would have said so sooner but the info had just became credible enough to talk about

or he just likest to stir the pot, he's a leaker after all

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

People complained a lot when he was absent in the last game, too. I don't think anything short of a playable character will satisfy his fans at this point.
Oh its true.

Sora and Dante look most likely right now.
Especially Sora if you consider Square's involvement.. Dante.. Idk, why didnt Konami get Bomberman if 3rd parties were coming in threes?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hey, Lyn fans exist too!

Well, not as much as the other guys, but we got Alpharad, so that's... that's... something...
Oh god, that's probably a negative.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
OH yeah have the old Dante collage someone made, I had it saved all this time:
Dante in Smash.jpg

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607

When Jon became more involved with GX, they launched a series called "the case for"

Now what is this about?

The GX crew debate a character's chances at being playable. They started with Ridley and have done bandanna dee. But these cases are done in a AA style.

What if talking masterhand was literally hinted to us for all this time and Pheonix wright?

Anyone else think Jon’s voice is reminiscent of a wise god among nerdy mortals? You hear all the rest of the dudes on GX speaking and you think little of it, then Jon’s voice booms over the horizon like it’s riding the first rays of the morning sun straight to your ears and harmonizing your eardrums with your heart.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hey, Lyn fans exist too!

Well, not as much as the other guys, but we got Alpharad, so that's... that's... something...
Oh god, that's probably a negative.
ALpharad is partially responsible for Bayo getting in so....

Confirmation

Smash Ace

Now what is this about?

If Master Hand is the judge I hope he has those reading glasses from that Awkward Zombie comic.

TeamFlareZakk

The thing about Waluigi though is he had to compete with Daisy and Geno... Daisy was a easy echo to add and Geno is regarded as a special character.

Maybe Wario's gimmick is hes actally a Mario character, but uses his Warioware brand because he wants to be a Wario character and so his Wario brand has to be all about him and hes refusing to share any of it with Waluigi and Ashley.

Im looking forward to seeing Phosphora as a assist trophy because she my favorite AT.. Im hoping they introduce something where we can turn on/off the assist trophies individually.. There are alot of them and i would like to call Phosphora as often as possible and get rid of that blue flying underwear beast that moves the screen.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
This is a crazy *** timeline because of this. Also I think it's hilarious I just wanted to know everything about the game but now that we have the Direct tomorrow, with it being earlier than when my shift ends, I don't want to be spoiled lol
I vow, Dear Gwen, to keep my damn mouth shut until the sun dawns on Friday. My solemn oath, my respect to the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom