• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
thats why i wanna take the break tbh. i got hooked on the grinch leak because it was something credible with geno and banjo, and aside from snake they were the only characters i wanted in smash lol. im glad it got me more invested in the community but part of me just doesnt want to be hyped anymore to save myself from disappointment. i dont think the grinch leak is fake, but i dont really know anymore. i guess ill just make it through tomorrow and see in the direct
Yeah, if you're worried, just take it easy. I'm sure this place will be back to some level of normalcy next week, at least.

Me, I got Dark Samus. I don't really have any more skin in the game. If she wasn't confirmed back in August, I'd probably be just as exhausted as most people here. But I got something for me, so I'm not too worried about what's to come.

But for those who are waiting on Geno, Isaac, etc., I can definitely sympathize with how stressful it might be. I've never seen chaos on this scale with all the information conflicting this much. With Dark Samus, it was just a few bits of simple evidence with no leaker or insider saying anything to confirm or deconfirm. But to have your favorite character be bounced around from not real to real to Assist Trophy to whatever, yeah, that sucks.

I've never had a character announcement that's made me personally excited and happy until Dark Samus (and to a lesser extent, Ridley). Every other character excited me because I knew it made other people happy, not because it made me happy. That still hasn't changed, so I'm hoping that this final Direct will give us at least some of these huge characters, and leave hope that the rest will come another day.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I was under the impression that he directly stated the info we're hearing now? This thread moves fast.
Nah, only Mystic and Verg have named specific characters. Others have made sort of guiding comments, like Ryce and Emily. And all Zhuge has done is said people are putting the pieces together, which is thought to be in reference to an above post in that thread, but it's not like he clarified. He's actually been pretty much the most vague.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I love you too, strange being!
You have my blessing.

You-you're just talking to me directly, right? You ONLY love me, right?
I like to tell people that "Radical Bones" is the name of my fave buddy, and of our fave pastime.

Such a mood and same, I love every single one of y'all, no matter what crazy fights may occur. Y'all are just awesome! XD
I have decided that yours is a name of power.

Whenever someone speaks it aloud, someone in the world finds their way again.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I'm gonna be running on like 4-5 hours of sleep when I get up Thursday morning for the Direct, let's go bois.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Like what?
Inklings, Ridley and K rool are all chosen based on popularity. Inklings were a given, but were also deemed by fans to rank highly on the ballot.

K rool was deemed the ballot winner and Sakurai literally said that the ballot got K rool in.

Ridley is in due to fan demand over the years and likely the ballot again.

Dark Samus and Chorm are also cited as ballot picks. These two are known to have a good amount of votes.

So we are seeing the ballot heavily affect this game and it lines up with fan interpretations.

MyBrokenLuigiAmiibo

Smash Cadet
There's so much evidence for the leak being real and for being fake, I just can't come to a solid conclusion. I think we're just gonna have to wait it out, and maybe temper our expectations a bit. Earlier today, I was really confident it was real, and while I still believe, I think it'd be good for everyone to try and come to terms with every possible outcome here.
This is good advice. I've been a believer of the leak for a while, however over the last couple of days I've been trying to get back into the mindset that Ken/Incineroar are the only remaining characters to be revealed. I was perfectly happy with the roster the way it was before the Grinch leak as I got several newcomers I was really excited for (King K. Rool was my most wanted!) and my favorite cut characters returning. The Grinch leak came along and got my hopes up for several other characters that would be incredible but may or may not happen. I'm trying to get back to thinking "they may not happen".

The Grinch leak roster would be amazing if real, but I think a change of perspective is important. Expect nothing and you'll be pleasantly surprised if you get what you want rather than upset that things didn't go your way. I know I was starting to get pissed at the idea that Mach Rider (one of my most wanteds ever since I saw them in Melee), Chorus Kids (RH is one of my favorite series), Geno, and Banjo might not be in and I realized that I was getting pissed so I took a step back and re-evaluated things. The roster was incredible before the Grinch leak, it'll still be incredible after the Grinch leak. And maybe we get the Grinch 7 as DLC. I still have some hope that Chad Ganondorf will come through as the underdog and deliver us the new Forbidden Seven (Six, since Ken is probably a lock?), though.

Also hey, first post. Been a lurker for around a decade now. I mostly post over on the reddit. I used to be on gamefaqs but got tired of it eventually. The Grinch leak finally convinced me to sign up here

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Does this man think Isaac is a third-party?

Honestly? **** it, I'm calling the Toby and Dante leaks real right now.

Toby
-Rayman (surprising 3rd party fighter)
-Funky Kong
-Black Shadow

Dante Leak
- Dante
- Ken
- Incineroar

MASH EM TOGETHER AND THERE YOU HAVE IT

:/

Shroob

Sup?
He calls people autistic for not believing him and regularly says he hates the "smashbabies."

Basically he's twitch chat given flesh.
Alright, lemme just clear something up.

I've been VERY openly "I don't believe Vergeben" but do you have proof for your first claim? Because as far as I can remember, he's only ever said that ONCE, and why did he say it?

Because more or less ALL of Gamefaqs was calling him a hack because "MUH MUSIC THEORY"........ which is dead as **** now.

And "Smashbabies"? That's what literally every other FGC calls us, that's nothing to take offense at.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Another reminder to keep your hopes and hype to a minimum to prevent massive disappointing and rage. I may be repeating this from time to time, but considering the circumstances and heated things going on, sometimes a reminder is necessary. So forget the leaks, forget the insider thing and everything else. We must patiently wait for the Direct itself to give us the answers. It's probably impossible to keep stable, but it'll probably be more rewarding and relaxing in the end. I may do another reminder tomorrow to try to keep things calm, if I can.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
> "T-The banner is real but some of the characters are assist trophies!"
> Literally not a single assist trophy on the entire banner as of now
> The only item is Mr Saturn which sakurai explained already
> "But trust me guys theyd totally put these assists on the banner"
> Not putting waluigi, ashley, knuckles, etc on it tho

Guys. I love you all, but this has to be one of the dumbest things Ive seen come out of this entire grinch leak. It makes absolutely no sense no matter how you look at it and the mental gymnastics you have to go through to make it seem viable are even sillier.
Guys
Calm down

The better question to be asking here is...

Is someone serving this person coffee with their foot?

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
This is the guy that remained vague about Incineroar for a long *** time and literally never revealed who he's heard about the SE rep (only that there is one). He included a mic drop gif and everything with this Isaac comment so I'm pretty sure he's confident about his source on this one, this is the type of thing that'll destroy him if he ends up wrong
Yeah it’ll destroy him but it doesn’t matter anyway cause Thursday is the end of base game speculation. He could say whatever he wants

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean sora and geno both fit surprising third party. But geno doesn't seem to be who mystic is hinting.

I really wonder who fits that slot.

Master Chief?

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
Nah, only Mystic and Verg have named specific characters. Others have made sort of guiding comments, like Ryce and Emily. And all Zhuge has done is said people are putting the pieces together, which is thought to be in reference to an above post in that thread, but it's not like he clarified. He's actually been pretty much the most vague.
Ah, I see.

Regardless, I don't care if someone presents information I don't like as long as they don't be a jerk about it. Which some of the most prolific insiders in this whole debacle have been. In particular Andre from Gamexplain who called Grinch believers Trump supporters, and Verge...well, people are already starting to post examples.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Alright, so who is MysticDistance and what credibility do they have? This name just kind of came up out of nowhere.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I've been VERY openly "I don't believe Vergeben" but do you have proof for your first claim? Because as far as I can remember, he's only ever said that ONCE, and why did he say it?

Because more or less ALL of Gamefaqs was calling him a hack because "MUH MUSIC THEORY"........ which is dead as **** now.

And "Smashbabies"? That's what literally every other FGC calls us, that's nothing to take offense at.
Specifically r/kappa, which is a vehement anti-smash sub.
When in Rome, do as Romans do.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Now see, I never knew this about Golden Sun (I've never played it). This could actually make some sense if this were to happen, and I'd totally be down for it!
they are pretty different too if you've never seen them:
Gs-isaac.jpg e9cf88771319f92ec709d11c14aeb2fb.jpg

totally possible to get both and have them have different roles.

samus and zero-suit samus for example...sakurai does this stuff all the time.

I have no idea if this is the case but what ever has been heard or seen behind the scenes is explainable as long as the person doesnt own a final copy of the game.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
This is good advice. I've been a believer of the leak for a while, however over the last couple of days I've been trying to get back into the mindset that Ken/Incineroar are the only remaining characters to be revealed. I was perfectly happy with the roster the way it was before the Grinch leak as I got several newcomers I was really excited for (King K. Rool was my most wanted!) and my favorite cut characters returning. The Grinch leak came along and got my hopes up for several other characters that would be incredible but may or may not happen. I'm trying to get back to thinking "they may not happen".

The Grinch leak roster would be amazing if real, but I think a change of perspective is important. Expect nothing and you'll be pleasantly surprised if you get what you want rather than upset that things didn't go your way. I know I was starting to get pissed at the idea that Mach Rider (one of my most wanteds ever since I saw them in Melee), Chorus Kids (RH is one of my favorite series), Geno, and Banjo might not be in and I realized that I was getting pissed so I took a step back and re-evaluated things. The roster was incredible before the Grinch leak, it'll still be incredible after the Grinch leak. And maybe we get the Grinch 7 as DLC. I still have some hope that Chad Ganondorf will come through as the underdog and deliver us the new Forbidden Seven (Six, since Ken is probably a lock?), though.

Also hey, first post. Been a lurker for around a decade now. I mostly post over on the reddit. I used to be on gamefaqs but got tired of it eventually. The Grinch leak finally convinced me to sign up here
Hi fellow devout Yoshi main :yoshi:

Shroob

Sup?

Toby
-Funky Kong
-Black Shadow

Dante Leak
- Dante
- Ken
- Incineroar

Not gonna lie.

Being able to meme that Smash has a "New Funky Mode" would be great.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
He's agreeing with Verg that there's a shocking third-party character (Square?)
I swear to God, if it truly is shocking and ends up being 2B..I'm going to actually be very okay with that, despite my love for Geno & Super Mario RPG, I love 2B more then Geno lol

No reason for saying this other then 2B being a very popular character overall, even if not in Smash Speculation and that's why it would still be shocking...though Sora would also be awesome (if not Square-Enix).

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

Toby
-Funky Kong
-Black Shadow

Dante Leak
- Dante
- Ken
- Incineroar

Well looks like to be honest I’m down for that

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't like Verge - he can be a bit of a jerk and really needs to place a lid on that temperament of his sometimes - but that has nothing to do with his credibility. It's possible for jerks to be right sometimes, it just kind of stings a little bit when they are.

Disclaimer: Even if I don't like Verge, I still don't condone any harassment towards him. Two wrongs don't make a right and whatnot.
I'm pretty sure that if someone calls you a "baby", they intend to offend you.

Either that or they're flirting, in which case sorry Vegieberger but you really aren't my type.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Yeah it’ll destroy him but it doesn’t matter anyway cause Thursday is the end of base game speculation. He could say whatever he wants
Not really, Verg isn't just a Smash leaker, he's a general leaker. He recently leaked the possibility of an MVC Infinite revival. If the guy is wrong about this he looses a **** ton of credibility (hell he's already been wrong about other games in the past, this is one of the few times that he's been batting 100)

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
View attachment 173915View attachment 173916

I have no idea if this is the case but what ever has been heard or seen behind the scenes is explainable as long as the person doesnt own a final copy of the game.
I never thought about Dad Isaac being an AT with Isaac being playable, but I could see it.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 173915View attachment 173916

That right version of Isaac looks suspiciously like the new version of Dante.. coincidence?

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
I mean sora and geno both fit surprising third party. But geno doesn't seem to be who mystic is hinting.

Master Chief?
I was just thinking this same thing. Sora seems to fit the bill perfectly, especially with the musings about a 2nd SE rep and people claiming Sora is in outright

Last edited:

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
This is my letter of respect, listen to me, I'm not interested in these Insiders because I am an honest person.

Dear friends Gamers and PapaGenos:

Regarding the filtration of the next Super Smash Bros. Ultimate I think the "gossip" (refer to the insiders) that have reached us, is a way to advertise the title, is the way they can get the attention of Gamers to that they are occupied in thinking what is happening, but everything is handled, by the publicists of the own Nintendo / Namco Bandai and to the date programmed for the exit of SSBU. The new characters are already defined.

NOTHING HAPPENS! Relax, you never listen to these "insiders", you ignore them. While I ... I ... I cry forever.

#I'mDreamTeam.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
> "T-The banner is real but some of the characters are assist trophies!"
> Literally not a single assist trophy on the entire banner as of now
> The only item is Mr Saturn which sakurai explained already
> "But trust me guys theyd totally put these assists on the banner"
> Not putting waluigi, ashley, knuckles, etc on it tho

Guys. I love you all, but this has to be one of the dumbest things Ive seen come out of this entire grinch leak. It makes absolutely no sense no matter how you look at it and the mental gymnastics you have to go through to make it seem viable are even sillier.
Guys
Calm down

Wow, did not expect to see Katawa Shoujo tonight, let alone... well, ever again.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Vergeben.. The same guy who says Caulifla isnt playable.. Lets see Isaac as a playable character so we can look forward to seeing Caulifla or Kefla announced for a Fighter Z season 2. #TeamReal

I bet this guy says Drax Batista isnt in the so called upcoming MvC4.. Way to turn me away from buying into that game.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Man I just remembered Snake is back in this game.

Back when he was playable last all I knew about Metal Gear was that it was a series a friend of mine liked and that Snake was fun to play. Now I've played every game in the series and it's one of my favorites. I know enough to find it funny that Smash Snake is so weird. Wild.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511

Ohoho, I'm not just talking about Smash me bucko.

He has a pretty big habit of running his mouth on other boards.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

Master Chief?
Whatever happened with that Dante leak that had some correct info? I'd honestly be kinda down for that

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Wow, really? I'm on the spectrum, but I'm not personally offened by it. It just shows me he has thin skin.
From what I recall with verg is that he didn't call people that because they didn't believe him but because a few users were constantly @ing him over and over and over for every theory or thought they had that they thought would be some kind of gacha! moment against him. It was getting to the point that it was legit harassment and even people who didn't like verge were pointing that out to the people doing it.

He is super defensive and prone to insulting those who don't believe him but that is one instance where I can understand him blowing up, though not condoning it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom