• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
My main hopes and hype for the direct now is hopefully good online with a ranking system, and really good single player content(spirits...hopefully story) banking on not really caring about any character reveals until DLC...
What OTHER than characters are you guys hype about? I really feel like this spirits mode is going to be a blowout, considering how Sakurai’s been Hiding it
(Watch it be SmashTour ultimate, where the icons you move are characters condemned to assist trophy limbo ;,-*
Spirits Mode (or whatever it ends up being) for sure! I'm assuming that's where the bosses will be, so I'm curious about the context for them. Like, will there be platformer stages before each one? Is it just a giant boss rush? Do you select the bosses to fight from a menu? Is this how you unlock characters? If so, is it kinda like you are rescuing them and recruiting them to a team of sorts to take down more bosses and save more characters?

I have so many questions, and I can't wait for answers.

pls no smash tour

paper roxy

Smash Ace
See my comment here.

It's surprising how confident most people were with the Grinch leak just days ago, and now that's all slowly crumbled. I suppose it's better for that to happen before the Direct than during, but it sucks to see everyone get so distraught.

With all the conflicting information, though, it's safe to say that no one has the full story. No one had the full story for the August or September Directs, either, so why would anyone have that now? The only thing that's changed are the stakes. This is the last Direct, so it's getting the most attention and investment, and thus every opportunistic insider is trying to make a statement. But their stories are all different, so there's definitely something amiss.

Don't abandon all hope. Sakurai's record for this game is unprecedented in terms of how many home-run characters and features have been added. I don't think this Direct will be the trash fire people are thinking it will be.
thats why i wanna take the break tbh. i got hooked on the grinch leak because it was something credible with geno and banjo, and aside from snake they were the only characters i wanted in smash lol. im glad it got me more invested in the community but part of me just doesnt want to be hyped anymore to save myself from disappointment. i dont think the grinch leak is fake, but i dont really know anymore. i guess ill just make it through tomorrow and see in the direct

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Does this man think Isaac is a third-party?
No, poor sentence structure there.

He was referring to the 'characters on the mural are assists" ordeal.

Not like it really means anything right now.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Nah, I'm not depressed or anything, though I've brushed with it before and it wasn't pretty. But I'm way over that. Just being melodramatic and taking Verge's comments hard. I really only have myself to blame for getting so invested and believing the Grinch.

Thanks for the advice and words of encouragement. I may not have responded to all of your posts but I did read them all and I appreciate you for trying to help me. Come what may, we all share a love for this amazing game and the amazing man behind it all. Sakurai may not always make the decisions you, the community, or I want, but he certainly has affected all of us so deeply in so many positive ways.

Done being an attention *****, see you after the direct everyone :)
What has vergeben ever said about shadow?

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
Vergeben never does anything to be nice.
Yeah, I think a lot of people here are going to misinterpret the rising backlash against Verge (and good number of insiders, frankly speaking) as a 'shoot the messenger' deal, when in reality it's because he's kind of a jerk. You don't see anyone getting upset at ZhugeEX.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
At the end of the day, people need to remind themselves that this is still the best roster we have ever had. Every veteran came back. Ridley and K. Rool, characters that fans have wanted in Smash for over a decade, were added. We got TWO Castlevania characters. This is easily one of, if not THE greatest games ever made. Sakurai has outdone himself and I will feel really bad if people get mad at him just because they got too attached to a leak that isn't even guaranteed to be real. Yes. I know that most of us want the Grinch leak to be real so those insiders are knocked down a peg, but it's not the end of the world if we don't get everything we want. Happy Smashing everyone, and thank you Sakurai, for working so hard to make everyone come together. Smash Ultimate will be remembered for years to come, and I'm so happy I got to be part of its hype cycle.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Are you saying you want this police girl that reminds me of Mad Max in Smash?
I do not bite, I am playing around.
She's army not police lol.

And no she's leading the campaign for Pheonix Wright to bring the true evidence to the court and save smash

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Even though I don’t trust insiders right now I think I’ll go on Mystic’s side because I want Isaac obviously, but Mystic doesn’t act like a child and post pictures of a mic drop while trying to crush a fanbase’s hope.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
At this point, there is no better time to reveal Pheonix Wright if he's in.

He would literally have the right evidence to disprove or prove leaks. Make it happen Sakurai!

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
Alright I have missed some stuff guys, can someone fill me in on what has happened with Verge and this Isaac AT talk?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, I think a lot of people here are going to misinterpret the rising backlash against Verge (and good number of insiders, frankly speaking) as a 'shoot the messenger' deal, when in reality it's because he's kind of a jerk. You don't see anyone getting upset at ZhugeEX.
You probably would if he actually said anything concrete tbh.

D

Deleted member

Didn't he insult someone because they didn't believe him IIRC?

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
i'm curious if verge's isaac claim comes from one of his solid sources. if it does then yeah, rest in pepperonis isaac.
This is the guy that remained vague about Incineroar for a long ass time and literally never revealed who he's heard about the SE rep (only that there is one). He included a mic drop gif and everything with this Isaac comment so I'm pretty sure he's confident about his source on this one, this is the type of thing that'll destroy him if he ends up wrong

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Conflicting Leaks? Everyone's starting to look at characters for what they are instead of who said they're in or out?

This is we'd like to see.

Last edited:

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
I assume someone has brought this up but...

there are two versions of isaac, young and old.

sakurai saying something like "isaacs playable but the older dark dawn version is an assist!" is a completely plausible thing that could happen.

without actually having a final copy of the game theres logical reasons for thing people have heard or seen where as everything surrounding the grinch leak just seems unfakable imo.

I have no idea for sure of course, but Im trusting the grinch leak until ACP-PLV comes out and announces they arent making promotional material for smash which they havent.

printed material seems more final than what people may have heard or even seen. Vergeben has been great for predicting smash, but I never thought he had a copy of the game or something so again printed material seems more final to me.
Now see, I never knew this about Golden Sun (I've never played it). This could actually make some sense if this were to happen, and I'd totally be down for it!

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
Alright I have missed some stuff guys, can someone fill me in on what has happened with Verge and this Isaac AT talk?
Basically Vergeben just popped back up and said something like "The Grinch leak is fake. Isaac is an Assist Trophy" and that was it.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Bro you from the future?
No, but after looking at everything that's happened I can't believe in something that's so fantastically perfect when absolutely every person in the know is denying it. Truthfully, I don't know what is correct. But I will expect nothing and be happily proven wrong instead of having hope and being absolutely crushed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also Shocking third party?

-No sign of his assist

HE"S IN!

Last edited:

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
At this point, there is no better time to reveal Pheonix Wright if he's in.

He would literally have the right evidence to disprove or prove leaks. Make it happen Sakurai!
Chorus Kids being potentially deconfirmed gives Phoenix a bigger chance, as theres no DS rep yet.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
All that's happened is verg claims Grinch is fake cause Isaac is AT

Since Verg is the only insider people hadn't turned on yet, there's a lot more detractors from the leak now, but also people who simultaneously think Verg is fake.

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
Phoenix Wright being revealed would basically be one of like 3 characters that could get in that could erase post-Isaac disappointment. His announcement for MVC3 remains one of the most hype fighting game announcements of all time.

D

Deleted member

He calls people autistic for not believing him and regularly says he hates the "smashbabies."

Basically he's twitch chat given flesh.
Wow, really? I'm on the spectrum, but I'm not personally offened by it. It just shows me he has thin skin.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
No matter what happens, or who's right or wrong. I can't wait to wake up at 9 in the morning, spend some time for about 55 minutes, rush to the kitchen to grab my Vanilla Chocolate Chip Ice Cream I saved just for a direct, rush back to my room, close the door, plop into my worn down chair, tune into Nintendo's Youtube channel, and enjoy 40+ minutes of Super Smash Brothers Ultimate.
Damn, I'm cozy just from reading that.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I assume someone has brought this up but...

there are two versions of isaac, young and old.

sakurai saying something like "isaacs playable but the older dark dawn version is an assist!" is a completely plausible thing that could happen.

without actually having a final copy of the game theres logical reasons for thing people have heard or seen where as everything surrounding the grinch leak just seems unfakable imo.

I have no idea for sure of course, but Im trusting the grinch leak until ACP-PLV comes out and announces they arent making promotional material for smash which they havent.

printed material seems more final than what people may have heard or even seen. Vergeben has been great for predicting smash, but I never thought he had a copy of the game or something so again printed material seems more final to me.
If we get Dad Isaac in some form this game is undeniably ultimate.

There's no argument. Playable characters, bah. Who cares. There's Dad Isaac.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
> "T-The banner is real but some of the characters are assist trophies!"
> Literally not a single assist trophy on the entire banner as of now
> The only item is Mr Saturn which sakurai explained already
> "But trust me guys theyd totally put these assists on the banner"
> Not putting waluigi, ashley, knuckles, etc on it tho

Guys. I love you all, but this has to be one of the dumbest things Ive seen come out of this entire grinch leak. It makes absolutely no sense no matter how you look at it and the mental gymnastics you have to go through to make it seem viable are even sillier.
Guys
Calm down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom