• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Okay real talk, who the **** cares, we’re all gonna buy this game anyways no matter what’s in it
There could be literally nothing new, all the newcomers could be cut and we’d still buy it because it’s Smash

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Sakurai: -shows up the last direct 15 minutes late with all the fan favorites in tow but as assist trophies- Here's ****ing Ken and Incineroar. Peace out.

Literally the worst possible ending for a game that started out as hype and about pleasing fans.

Yet some insiders claiming this scenario is better than the Grinch Leak?

I don't even necessarily believe that leak anymore, but yeah, no.
honestly i definitely wouldnt buy ultimate if that were the case, thats just such a **** move that i couldnt feel justified giving someone who did that money

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Namco probably convinced them to do that.
Possibly. Its not like its a first either.

During DLC last time, Shovel Knight and Inkling were being fed to insiders as fake info.

And when every insider and their mother has been running their mouth because of the Grinch leak, Nintendo was probably like

"**** em too, let's make sure they get knocked down a peg."

There is no way Geno is an assist, he's playable or nothing.

Issac did not get his trademark renewed and have people like mystic say he's in as a playable fighter for nothing. They were not renewing a trademark several years early for an assist.

Not to mention all this info conveniently conflicts with the grinch leak, yet was only ok to talk about after the direct?

Sorry but I doubt it. They'd be in more trouble if that was the case.

Issac fans, Geno fans

Let us not get discouraged, don't believe everything you read on the internet.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Just a heads up: there are more than just Ken and Incineroar, we just don't know who they are because nobody is willing to say.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Didn't the last Smash Direct have ATs and other stuff revealed?

Also character reveals normally last less then two minutes.
Well, in the August 8th direct, they only covered the Sound Test, the multiplayer modes, Classic, and Training, as well as some ATs, Poke Ball Pokemon, & items.

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Since i'm really good with predictions :

Base Game :
Shadow - Echo
Ken - Echo
Banjo - Unique
Chorus Kids - Unique
Erdrick - Unique

DLC :
Incineroar

D

Deleted member

What if the newcomer is not Incineroar, Isaac, Geno, Banjo?

What if it turns out be James Freaking Bond? lol

Shroob

Sup?
i dont even see anyone going nuts, just a lot of people losing hope and hype which is honestly a ****in bummer.
The fact that this thread going at the speed of light implies otherwise in regards to 'going nuts'.

The one guy who's yet to be wrong is going all in against the big boi leak, and there's less than 2 days left.

Either the leak blows up as a dud, or it's real and it's crazy.

For me who's here mainly for a ride to see the reactions one way or another, it's a win/win scenario.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Man and there's still like 34 hours until the direct and we're already losing it.

Glad to know we can always count on Verg to shake things up!

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Let's think here... 40 minute Direct. 40 minutes. That's longer than any we have ever had before. 26 minutes squeezed out 5 characters. Sure, at least 15 minutes could be spirits, yeah. But is it really likely that all this extra time is for online play, items, vault, Incineroar, Ken and maybe a Square rep? And the treehouse afterward... I suppose we could be looking at a very grim situation here, but this is the one time I'm going to try and be the optimist. There is no way this is only going to be Ken and Incineroar. No way.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
just save all you guys the trouble. Just believe no one then you wont have this level of disappointment and anger
Hit or miss, I guess Grinch never missed huh?
You got an insider I guess he never leaked ya?
He gon' find another game and he wont miss ya!
He gon skrrt and hit the dab like Vergeben-ah!

kylexv

Smash Master
As much as it's hard for me to believe in some aspects, I'm starting to accept that there is a high possibility that this is fake.
If the guy that's gotten everything right and has confirmed legit connections says something is going to happen, it might probably happen.

Never thought I would revert to thinking Box Theory might happen, but here I am.

now its time for this comment to blow up in my face

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I would be expecting a livid fanbase reaction similar to Nintendo's terrible E3 2015 direct.
Which is why I don't think Ken and Incineroar are the only characters left, if Incineroar is in the game at all. There's no way Sakurai would frontload the announcements with all the biggest characters and save the most (generally) disappointing ones for last. He knows what people want, that's been proven. So for him to close out the hype train with characters he would know aren't the most requested seems unlikely.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Why... would they do that when there's literally 2 days left? it's much easier to just keep quiet
Because everyone is talking about something more relevant than them. Even corporations are in on it (Wendy’s, Best Buy, etc).

All of a sudden, the once big players are now small, and they’re trying to puff up. They’re essentially playing with house money.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

During DLC last time, Shovel Knight and Inkling were being fed to insiders as fake info.

And when every insider and their mother has been running their mouth because of the Grinch leak, Nintendo was probably like

Issac did not get his trademark renewed and have people like mystic say he's in as a playable fighter for nothing. They were not renewing a trademark several years early for an assist.

Not to mention all this info conveniently conflicts with the grinch leak, yet was only ok to talk about after the direct?

Issac fans, Geno fans

Shovel Knight was from a Misunderstanding about the amiibo, as at the time, only Smash had amiibo.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
<-- Friendly reminder some of the best characters will never get into Smash.
Friendly reminder that Ghost Trick and other series will be forgotten franchises because Capcom keeps setting unrealistic expectations for game sales.

Smh...
At the very least, it was a good game for what it was and didn't end on a cliffhanger or sequel hook or whatever.
Just a great ass story with fun characters and a charming soundtrack. Also it has Lynne, which automatically makes it GOTYAY.

Maybe in that MvC4, he'll have a chance...

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I believe Nintendo could very well be sending out fake info due to the leak if it's real.

I just find it strange that no one said anything other than "It's missing multiple characters, not just Incineroar" until today when saying it's definitely fake; some have said that characters in the leak are playable, just helping to show that insiders have a bunch of conflicting information.
I'm just going to say this, Nintendo gains nothing by having their news partners (Such as GameXplain or Nintendo Life) get their reputation besmirched by a real leak. They'd tell them not to cover it. Not vehemently state it's fake ad nauseum

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Dang.

If Grinch Leak is true, insiders' reputations are ruined.

If Box Theory is true, insiders' reputations are still ruined.

I'm just going to say this, Nintendo gains nothing by having their news partners (Such as GameXplain or Nintendo Life) get their reputation besmirched by a real leak. They'd tell them not to cover it. Not vehemently state it's fake ad nauseum
They get their info from a source, not the higher-ups at Nintendo. That's where the fake info comes in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Issac fans, Geno fans

May I see the proof of this please? Not trying to sound like a ****, legitamely curious.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe we should all just prepare for disappointment

Box was right all along

Fred Herbert

Smash Rookie
Isaac has to be in. An assist trophy wouldn't be hinted at as much. Considering how much Vergeben has gotten wrong. (Simon at E3, Richter, King K Rool, official confirmation of Isabelle being an original character or an echo.) Also, the Direct would not be 40 minutes long and reveal only 3 characters. Sakurai would only reveal Spirits, and explain certain things. He wouldn't show too much of Spirits as he'd want us to experience the mode for ourselves. Meaning Spirits and other modes would likely take 20 minutes. And reveals would take another. DLC would also be hinted at towards the end knowing Sakurai.

Regardless, this game is still going to be the Ultimate Smash experience.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Logging into an account I haven't used in ten years, just out of a need to express my disappointment in the prospect of Isaac being an Assist Trophy again. Because really, given Verge hasn't been wrong on anything he's stated so definitively so far, him specifically calling that out makes me fear that's the most likely outcome.

The sad part is that back in the Brawl days, being an assist trophy was actually a nice consolation prize of sorts. The character you wanted might not be playable, but they were in the game in some way at least. But now, it feels like it's actually the worst-case scenario. At least if the character is totally absent, you can hope for them to be DLC. But unless Sakurai deviates from his statement from way back when ATs were first added that characters would not be both an assist trophy and playable, being an AT shuts down that possibility.

And Isaac was really all I had left to hope for given the other characters I still want to see playable, Lyn and Midna, were shown to still be ATs right out of the gate...

I guess these days there's some hope for Banjo, who I'd never have even considered a serious possibility before the crazy escalation in 3rd-party characters that we got in Smash 4's DLC, but even that still feels like a pipe dream if the Grinch leak is fake.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Shovel Knight was from a Misunderstanding about the amiibo, as at the time, only Smash had amiibo.
Not just the amiibo.

Insiders afterward( see pushdustin) claimed they saw digital download codes for Shovel Knight DLC. When they heard about the amiibo, they put two and two together and that's how the rumor gained traction.

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
So trying to catch up

What makes this insider claiming Isaac is an AT anymore credible than any of the other insiders that have spoken out in the last 24 hours and all told different stories (including some who said Isaac was confirmed)

I feel like this topic is just repeatedly latching onto whatever piece of 'news' comes out at the time, treating it as this major revelation while disregarding everything that came before it, and then repeating the process when a new insider speaks out. No attention spans here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom