• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
As much as I'd love and definitely hope and expect Banjo & Kazooie in the base, I'd be fine with them as DLC--but they would make such an amazing HOLY **** reveal to finish things off, and I'll be disappointed that they couldn't be incorporated in the (hypothetical) story mode with their Nintendo family. No matter how much I try to lower expectations. The barriers have been potentially down for a few years now, and I want them back home where they belong. :upsidedown:
Hold on to faith on that leak man. Some of these Insiders are being absolutely nutty right now.

Didnt Jon “predict” Shadow a few weeks ago?
Something is definitely up. Insiders have been contradicting themselves all day today.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Didnt Jon “predict” Shadow a few weeks ago?
I honestly don’t think they have much Smash info. And if they do it may be limited. But even if they did actually know everything they can’t predict everything correctly or obviously they’d be found out. So they’ll probably throw a bunch of stuff out and disagree on a lot.

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
To be fair it's completely different.

DK is a living franchise, and Nintendo's 4th most successful IP ever. Golden Sun is niche, and dead.
I don’t even like Isaac but relevancy is a weak argument against anyone

Ice Climbers are the definition of irrelevant
Mr Game & Watch, too
Ness arguably wouldn’t even really be remembered if it wasn’t for Smash
Etc

Shroob

Sup?
I honestly don’t think they have much Smash info. And if they do it may be limited. But even if they did actually know everything they can’t predict everything correctly or obviously they’d be found out. So they’ll probably throw a bunch of stuff out and disagree on a lot.
Eh, Jon's proven he has 'something'. Guy called Daisy and Ridley for E3, and Isabelle as a non-Echo.

The question is how 'much'.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
That's what I think TBH. Especially for big channels like GameXplain. Nintendo is constantly giving them free stuff. They've done interviews with Bill Trinen and the like. Nintendo could make all the disappear in a snap.

They must do as Nintendo says.
I think a lot of people have lost respect for GameXplain thanks to Andre

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
jon said no isaac and rayman and klonoa dead for good and no chorus kids
wojak.jpg

Please I want something good in my life sakurai why do you leave me cold

every day i cry and hope the grinch is real and saves us

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord

Mr Game & Watch, too
Etc
Interestingly enough, all of those are first party characters. I wonder if relevance not mattering would also apply to third party characters like Banjo and Geno? Maybe. Maybe not.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hold on to faith on that leak man. Some of these Insiders are being absolutely nutty right now.
Oh, they're certainly acting nutty, and so if they want people to think it's fake they're doing a terrible job at that (would help if insiders could pick a story and stick with it). Nothing has come out yet to lower my certainty (still 75/25), but it's always good to cover all your bases.

Bob-omb-omb

Smash Rookie
I think a lot of people have lost respect for GameXplain thanks to Andre
Yeah. He goes kinda ham on social media platforms. His most recent thing about comparing Team Real to Trump fans is ridiculous(no offense to anyone lol). Why even go there?

StrawHatX

Smash Lord

Mr Game & Watch, too
Etc
Pretty much

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Why did you have a gif from the Flintstones movie ready at hand?
As much as I'd like to pretend I was waiting for this day to unleash my inner Barney Rubble, I just googled "confused" under animated images and really liked that one.

I don't keep memes on hand. The hunt is the fun part.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I feel that the sheer historical importance of DQ alone should be enough to get it in Smash. After all, it's one of the most influential gaming franchises of all time. It might not be super huge in the west, but I believe that it's big enough that most video game fans have at least heard the name even if they've never played a game in the series.

I think Dragon Quest is a pretty big deal any way you slice it. It's a legendary series, and I don't think sales in the west should take away from its importance to both Nintendo and gaming as a whole.

I think this post makes a better case for DQ in Smash than I ever could, though. If you feel like it, check it out: It's the first post, obviously.
There is no denying that Dragon Quest did a lot for RPGs, but I personally do not think its historical importance is enough to overcome its lack of worldwide popularity outside of Japan. It really should be enough to make up for it, but I do not think it will be enough for Sakurai, noting his previous statement about globally popular/reverred Japanese gaming franchises in the Cloud portion of the Nintendo Dream interview. :/

The most I expect of Dragon Quest in the base game is having a boss and assist.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Okay let’s make a bet on how far into the direct will be the point that everybody looses their collective **** over the leak... for if it’s right or wrong...

Personally I hope it’s at the very start

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Wasn't there an interview where Sakurai said he was reffering to the Ballot as a way to choose characters this time?
He referred to the Ballot specifically when talking about K. Rool, basically saying it was the only reason he got in. He also said that Chrom and Dark Samus got in due to being popular in the East and West, respectively, but did not mention the Ballot.

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
Interestingly enough, all of those are first party characters. I wonder if relevance not mattering would also apply to third party characters like Banjo and Geno? Maybe. Maybe not.
Both of those are tricky since one is from a Mario game, but isn’t owned by Nintendo and the other started out as a second party franchise of which there are several in Smash

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
jon said no isaac and rayman and klonoa dead for good and no chorus kids
View attachment 173822

Please I want something good in my life sakurai why do you leave me cold

every day i cry and hope the grinch is real and saves us
I wouldn't take Jon's word for it. He HAS gotten things right in the past (scarily right at that), but I feel he wouldn't just spoil somethings like this considering GameXplain is, presumably, doing damage control or whatever on the Grinch leak. Idk though. xD

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Okay let’s make a bet on how far into the direct will be the point that everybody looses their collective **** over the leak... for if it’s right or wrong...

5 minutes, calling it

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I have a hard time listening to GameXplain “speculation” videos because I feel like everyone is afraid to go against Andre. Does anyone else feel like that?

I know he’s their boss, but I feel like they are afraid to go against anything he says. They always think his ideas are great and if they say something he doesn’t agree with he’ll say something and then they start back peddling.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Same, literally the first few seconds is when it'll happen.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Yeah. He goes kinda ham on social media platforms. His most recent thing about comparing Team Real to Trump fans is ridiculous(no offense to anyone lol). Why even go there?
He's just full of himself, probably

Potato_

Smash Lord
Okay Everyone!

I've finally finished the second poster!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

You did a good job Noipoi. Real good.

Guys this new direct is 45 ****ing minutes and I'm gonna miss it due to class, only going to be able to see it like 5 or 6 hours after it airs. Please pray for me.

I swear if I overhear spoilers from random people on campus I'm going to lose my mind

Shroob

Sup?
Does anyone know if the Grinch renders in the leak were found anywhere?
Define which. Because I remember the day of people posted an entire sheet of Grinch head/Max head renders.

The only one that 'hasn't been properly source is the back of his head, and, well that wouldn't be that hard to fake, IF IT IS FAKE, not saying it is.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Eh, Jon's proven he has 'something'. Guy called Daisy and Ridley for E3, and Isabelle as a non-Echo.

The question is how 'much'.
Roger on Japan Time was actually pretty illuminating on that--many of the characters "predicted" were stuff going through the insider circles, though when Isabelle was brought up he said you'd have to ask him on that one. :chuckle:

(I think, it's a long podcast and it's hard to find the specific point to fact check it)

Calane

Smash Ace
There is no denying that Dragon Quest did a lot for RPGs, but I personally do not think its historical importance is enough to overcome its lack of worldwide popularity outside of Japan. It really should be enough to make up for it, but I do not think it will be enough for Sakurai, noting his previous statement about globally popular/reverred Japanese gaming franchises in the Cloud portion of the Nintendo Dream interview. :/

The most I expect of Dragon Quest in the base game is having a boss and assist.
I disagree, but I see where you're coming from.

I'm thinking that DQ's historical importance is enough to get it included, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I have a hard time listening to GameXplain “speculation” videos because I feel like everyone is afraid to go against Andre. Does anyone else feel like that?

I know he’s their boss, but I feel like they are afraid to go against anything he says. They always think his ideas are great and if they say something he doesn’t agree with he’ll say something and then they start back peddling.
I've never thought of that before, but you're probably right. I'll have to listen out for that the next time I watch their videos

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Toon Link = not an echo
And never has been. He plays dramatically differently than Link ever has. The similarities are purely cosmetic.

This is coming from a Link/Young Link main in Melee, and a Link secondary in Brawl/For. Toon Link plays about as much like Link as Diddy Kong does.

Last edited:

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Why always people have to shove political agenda on things like videogames?

Geez, Im mexican therefore not really a fan of Trump, but... why the majority of the journalist likes to shove political things in this kind of things and blame Trump for everything?

Im gettin' tired of that.

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Nintendo really should have saved K.Rool and Ridley for the final reveals.

I have a feeling people are going to be super disappointed if the leak turns out to be fake, and that's just so unfortunate because we already got two of the most requested characters ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom