• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Isaac not being "relevant" is a non-argument when K Rool just got in.
To be fair it's completely different.

DK is a living franchise, and Nintendo's 4th most successful IP ever. Golden Sun is niche, and dead.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Geno will work either way though

- Being the last or second to last character announced on the base roster is enough to hype the roster

- DLC will hype up people into buying a popular character that's heavily requested

If Geno does end up DLC, I'll buy the **** out of him
I’d be first in line to buy but that would be a grimy tactic for one of the most requested smash characters for years and a personal favorite of Sakurai himself.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Shadow and Viridi...lemme be loved for once Sakurai

Bob-omb-omb

Smash Rookie
can't believe some smash fans are still using relevancy as an argument against a character in 2018 tbh

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also if Isaac can't get in because of relevancy despite being a fan favorite from a dead franchise.

How would Chibi Robo slip into the roster? He's been struggling himself too. Not quite as dead as Isaac's franchise, but phew those last few games.

And I'm someone who'd love Chibi Robo to get in.
They are saying he's just lucky enough to have a game come out during the time they were making the Smash roster that'd he'd be considered.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I lost a lot of respect for GameXplain when Andre made that comparison on Twitter of the Grinch leak supporters with members of a Trump rally. I don't even like Trump or his supporters (I was especially appalled with the news of the bomb scare), but that comparison felt unnecessary and it felt like he was demonizing them just for not blindly believing insiders that didn't have legitimate evidence backing their claims. He is a game journalist, not a real journalist. Most of us don't care about his political opinions. We just want to hear his news on gaming and that's it. Now I really hope the Grinch leak is real.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
At this point I won't be shocked if Nintendo created two murals, with one serving as leak bait to pass along to the others while the real completed one was kept under wraps until now.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
The lekers are beyond damage control.

Every one pf them are just making fake txet leaks right now. There is not even a bit of coincidence, and some have retconned things they have said before (Mystic, Emilie now saying "more than one" Ats, now gameexplain with LOL CHIBIROBO).

With the Direct out, Nintendo will have given green lights to say whatever as long as to have people guessing. Even if grinch leak is fake, none of these insiders have a slight hint (or wouldn't be telling us) of what is in. Don't give him internet points listening to them please.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm keeping tabs on Jon. He's the one that "predicted" all that crazy stuff in September.

- Story mode against main villains that have kidnapped the heroes, CGI cutscenes.
- A new Pokémon fighter.
- Chibi-Robo.
- A Tetris stage.
- Viridi as Palutena echo.
- Tropical Freeze stage (Saw Mill Thrill).
- Online seasons with franchises. Splatfests almost, like "Mario vs. Zelda" and characters earn points for their franchise.
- 100% on Ken being an echo.
- Doesn't think Isaac is relevant enough to be a fighter, especially after being cut from an AT.
- Master Hand will speak, and have dialogue, during Classic and Spirits modes. Specifies hand puns.
- Rayman and Klonoa are ATs.
- We'll learn about DLC, but no DLC characters shown off in this Direct.
- No new Xenoblade characters, but a Skell will be an item to jump in and attack enemies.
- Says Geno and Banjo won't be in the base game, but are likely for DLC.

We'll see, Jon.
Some of this sounds far fetched to me if he said that. I mean, as minor as the following point is, how does he know Spirits really is Spirits? For all we know, it could be called something else. And Viridi as an echo, Rayman and Klonoa as ATs, a Tetris stage, the Skell and other things are seemingly mere guesses, and I doubt these will be lucky guesses. What does anyone else think of this?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm keeping tabs on Jon. He's the one that "predicted" all that crazy stuff in September.

- Story mode against main villains that have kidnapped the heroes, CGI cutscenes.
- A new Pokémon fighter.
- Chibi-Robo.
- A Tetris stage.
- Online seasons with franchises. Splatfests almost, like "Mario vs. Zelda" and characters earn points for their franchise.
- Doesn't think Isaac is relevant enough to be a fighter, especially after being cut from an AT.
- Master Hand will speak, and have dialogue, during Classic and Spirits modes. Specifies hand puns.
- No new Xenoblade characters, but a Skell will be an item to jump in and attack enemies.

We'll see, Jon.
Virid's already a stage character though...

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Geno will work either way though

- Being the last or second to last character announced on the base roster is enough to hype the roster

- DLC will hype up people into buying a popular character that's heavily requested

If Geno does end up DLC, I'll buy the **** out of him
This. If he becomes DLC, I’d buy him twice if that was possible.

Originality

Smash Journeyman

- A new Pokémon fighter.
- Chibi-Robo.
- A Tetris stage.

We'll see, Jon.
Jon saying Chibi is in does not surpass all the evidence for the Grinch leak imo, but it does present me with a scenario I want more than it

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Wait wait wait....

I just realized, if this is the last Smash Ultimate news we’re getting, what the heck are we supposed to talk about for the rest of the month?
Will we get to 6969 without the constant discussion stirrer of the Grinch Leak?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Wait wait wait....

I just realized, if this is the last Smash Ultimate news we’re getting, what the heck are we supposed to talk about for the rest of the month?
Speculate DLC lol.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wasn't Chibi Robo's trademark not renewed, or is that something else that didn't get renewed, trademark wise?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Wait wait wait....

Surely we will.

Even if it comes down to the same rotating cycle of debate topics and forum games.
Speculate DLC lol.
That too.

Sora, Banjo, and Lloyd will all be DLC if they don't make base game. Mark my words.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We did it guys, we **** posted our to 6666 plus pages before the direct.

Let's go!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Wait wait wait....

DLC, actually talking about the content in the game, music every Tuesday (wonder what we get tonight if we get anything) etc.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't Chibi Robo's trademark not renewed, or is that something else that didn't get renewed, trademark wise?
A new (er, remake of the first) Chibi Robo game came out in Japan in 2009, it's not due for a renewal yet- IF it got renewed that year that is
Not even mentioning Zip Lash

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
View attachment 173820

Found the right gif for this one.

What a classic.
I chuckled at this gif.

But why did you have to quote this person twice? Think you both gotta take a step back, personally.

Shifting gears though (on break. woo!) Whats everyone got planned for the day of/Halloween night? After I’m done work, I’m gonna be playing some spooky games and friendlies with 2ManyCooks as a nice Smash 4 sendoff.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
I love the Chibi Robo games, but that's random even for Sakurai. He's not a retro pick either to balance out the randomness.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
A new (er, remake of the first) Chibi Robo game came out in Japan in 2009, it's not due for a renewal yet
Thanks for the explanation. I must of been thinking Custom Robo. Heh! What if they made a crossover called Custom Chibi Robo? :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom