• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
There was a problem fetching the tweet

HERE WE GO
So if 2 Directs, are we thinking general one first with an announcement for a Smash specific one later?

Seems logical to me. Have a Smash trailer in the general one followed by a Smash Direct announcement.

Could of course just have a Smash one first and show everything there, leaving the general direct for non-Smash news.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
You mean Rooter and Viccy? The mascots from Sega Sammy Baseball Club?

Yeah, you can tell it’s Uekawa’s character designs. I guess they’re...from Ristar’s species?

i had that saved on my computer and didnt remeber where its from but it looked like something uekawa drew. i kinda assumed they were baseball mascots.
but yea they do look alot like ristar

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
We can barely tell what the banner looks like, how the hell can you figure out what type of paper it is and what machine made it?

It's too blurry to tell if these are unique renders. Plus, someone has recreated at least one of the renders on their own.

again, too blurry to tell. Plus, a lot of people (myself included) think Shadow and the Chorus Kids look really out-of-place and more like their original art styles.

we don't know if it's "seamless" because of the quality, though it's definitely possible with photoshop.

We already have a full version of the background from E3, and there are quite a few inconsistencies with the blank background in the leak that all happen to be in places where characters were before.

I don't see how this proves anything tbh, the distance a character gets moved shouldn't really matter, since you'd need to do the same thing to move it regardless.

There are multiple people who know about graphic design ITT who say the banner could be faked.

Again, we don't know if it's seamless. The picture is conveniently too blurry to show any possible flaws. Plus I have no idea if what you said was right or wrong.

Like I said, people waste a ton of time doing stupid things. Even and especially people with a lot of potential.

If people are willing to risk their entire livelihood for their 15 minutes of fame, I don't doubt someone would risk jail time just to screw with people. Plus, a lot of people think that doing something on the internet means there are no consequences. The guy might've just thought no one was gonna come after them. Or they could just be a douchebag, since the leaker could be from 4chan or even the Rosalina Scalper.
I've answered comments like these countless times on this forum (many people can tell you) so I'm not in the mood to try and have an argument.

Here, have a read:

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...f_the_leaked_mural/?utm_source=reddit-android

It's not nearly as easy as you are making it seem and you can pull many little details, even from a blurry image.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So a Nintendo direct this week and a Smash Direct later (as in, a week or 2 after)

Hopefully they at least have some smash news in the general direct to get us by lol
If this leak is true, they'll totally do it like they did in the Direct that revealed Cloud for Smash 4.

"We have one more thing to show you. Please, take a look."

*character trailer*

And then at the end of the trailer...

"Smash Ultimate Direct coming [insert date here]!"

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
While at it, can Leak Discussion thread be opened for once as purpose to discuss some leak there? That way, we won't plug this thread with more arguments about the leaks.
It would only end up like the rumor threads of old, even the arguably more credible leaks. If people are already being this regularly off-topic and toxic to each other there is little point in opening up another thread.

That said it is up to the Staff in charge of the General Ultimate board.

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
So a Nintendo direct this week and a Smash Direct later (as in, a week or 2 after)

Hopefully they at least have some smash news in the general direct to get us by lol
Well they didn’t say whether it was the smash direct or not, so it’s fully possible. Just that one of the directs will be announced tomorrow, so we’ll have to wait and see.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
It would only end up like the rumor threads of old, even the arguably more credible leaks. If people are already being this regularly off-topic and toxic to each other there is little point in opening up another thread.

That said it is up to the Staff in charge of the General Ultimate board.
Don't imo. Direct is soon, very little progress is made discussing the leak, insane amount of toxicity.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Well they didn’t say whether it was the smash direct or not, so it’s fully possible. Just that one of the directs will be announced tomorrow, so we’ll have to wait and see.

Ah, yeah you are right. I think we all really need it to be the earlier one lol

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So if 2 Directs, are we thinking general one first with an announcement for a Smash specific one later?

Seems logical to me. Have a Smash trailer in the general one followed by a Smash Direct announcement.

Could of course just have a Smash one first and show everything there, leaving the general direct for non-Smash news.
I disagree. These directs are for more than just giving us more info on a game we're already sold on.

I think-- if the two directs thing is true-- that we get the Smash one first. Just a dump of information regarding Spirits, online play, character, etc. Then the second direct, releasing in later November after the bulk of the season's games have already released, will make more general Nintendo announcements for the first and second quarter of 2019. This seems like a more apt time to make general announcements as you aren't competing with the release dates of other games by this point. Then, another "one more thing" and BLAM. Final Smash newcomer.

EDIT: Apparently I'm dyslexic and didn't know it. You said Smash first already. Whoops.

Last edited:

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
IMO it makes the most sense that the Direct around Smash comes this week.

Why? They need to hype up Pokemon Lets Go! if they do a direct showcasing the game and then a Smash Direct everyone will forget about it.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Like I said, the harm was unintentional, and I only did it because I thought there could have been a way to avoid all this. Plus, what I did doesn't change the fact that what I said can be ignored. Just like anything else. What is done is done, but that doesn't mean it had to be talked about to begin with. Ignoring something applies to anything in any order. There is no need for this silly discussion. Just let it go now, and walk away. Don't make any counter points to what I said. Just let it go.
I'm not going to make any specific counterpoints, but I will say this: your post reeks so hard of irony, I can't help but wonder if you even realise it yourself.

L

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
I've answered comments like these countless times on this forum (many people can tell you) so I'm not in the mood to try and have an argument.

Here, have a read:

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...f_the_leaked_mural/?utm_source=reddit-android

It's not nearly as easy as you are making it seem and you can pull many little details, even from a blurry image.
I've already read this thread. The guy is another person using the "either this is real or the guy is crazy/smart" logic. He never said it was impossible.

I know only one of his movies was even remotely good, but Pierce is the PERFECT Bond.
He was born to be Bond, my favourite, could've been so much better with better plots and stories.

November Man film is a good example of what a gritty, darker Brosnan Bond character would look like.

Hope a direct happens sooner rather than later, need something else to discuss and to placate the masses. :)

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I disagree. These directs are for more than just giving us more info on a game we're already sold on.

I think-- if the two directs thing is true-- that we get the Smash one first. Just a dump of information regarding Spirits, online play, character, etc. Then the second direct, releasing in later November after the bulk of the season's games have already released, will make more general Nintendo announcements for the first and second quarter of 2019. This seems like a more apt time to make general announcements as you aren't competing with the release dates of other games by this point. Then, another "one more thing" and BLAM. Final Smash newcomer.
Yeah, best to get the Smash crap out of the way first so it doesn't overtake the general direct.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I mean, to quote Falgor

"Let's say for one second, for the sake of the argument, that the entire thing is fake:

One or a bunch of French fakers managed to CREATE all this stuff while having access to one company that could extremely logically be involved into the making of PSD for Ultimate and the Grinch movie. They also used the name of a legit 50yo worker of the company, despite the possible bad implications for him. They created a gigantic leak with things making it look so legitimate it hurts ("yo we got wrists under our wrists and we got plans for PSD") that was then 100% absurd in terms of characters featured. It would have been easier to make yet another Incineroar leak instead (and it would be safer because less risks to make mistakes). AND on top of that they changed the WHOLE mural to make it look even more real by putting the characters together in a way even more logical than the current real one. Then, days after they reveal their fake leak, they smh managed to (coincidentally):

-Get it to be stronger thanks to the ACP-PLV video down.
-Get it even stronger from an official Nintendo footage from Wendy's.

People who make such a terrible thing would get SO damn lucky? I refuse to believe it even one second. "

Basically, the insanity that is believing it's fake, and not acknowledging that anyone with insider knowledge is acting really freaky right now, is why I'm on Team Real. If this was fake, the company should have offered an official statement disavowing themselves, instead of silently getting a bank to take down a video with evidence on a Sunday. GameXplain should be doing their normal videos. People shouldn't be losing their job just for discussing the leak's existence. PushDustin shouldn't be banning someone on Discord for having a Grinch Avatar, even though they changed it upon request. These sources should be willing to allow discussion.
I shouldn't have to, but unfortunately the server was getting way too toxic with the box boys vs Grinch gang, gang wars. I had multiple people leave the server because of other people's immaturity and the constant flaming on both sides.

The real sad thing is since we cracked down on the avatar and nickname thing, the server is a much pleasent place for both sides.

So, I won't be removing that rule until after the next direct and the leak is either proven or disproven.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Watch if there's a direct this week they won't have any Smash information in it at all.

Because that is our curse.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
What do you think would be announced in a general direct besides smash?
My guess is a mini-direct with gameplay of games that we already know are releasing (mayyybe animal corssing sneak peak) and maybe a couple smaller titles that are unannounced. Metroid prime trilogy possibly?

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
My final word on the Grinch leak, I still want it to be real and I firmly believe in my honest opinion it is. BUT.
There’s a decent chance it could an elaborate hoax by a guy who plenty of time on his hands, in the end. Sakurai and Nintendo can confirm the final answer depending on the Direct next month, in the end whatever it’s legit or not, I still hope in the end we remember why we’re in the first place.

To enjoy, discuss, and PLAY Smash.

That said, moving on.

I’m looking to more info on the modes and see how Spirits turns out, it’s still strange we haven’t seen Games & more, I wonder if Sakurai is doing something different with the trophies and such this time around.

Also, page 100!

Last edited:

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
For the general direct, probably some Bayo3 footage, another port announcement, and duh, Golden Sun 4 of course, coming to the Switch 2019.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Even if the general direct is first, we'll know if the Grinch leak is fake or real just by who is announced and if it's a character that was in the Grinch leak. Their exact placement on the banner on the website.

I do have to admit, 2 directs actually makes it more plausible to have 7 characters left. You could have 2 or even 3 in one direct. And then 4-5 with a similar pace to the August direct. I'm still on neutral mode here. But that fact might be a point in it's favor.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, what tag(s) are you guys rockin' in Ultimate?

For me personally, I'm gonna go with "Hifumin!", like always. Gotta rep the wife.
>:^L
Because it's the tag I went with in 4 and the lizard brain in me still thinks it's hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enchess

Smash Lord
What do you think would be announced in a general direct besides smash?
Hopefully TWEWY2 with a different control scheme than Final Remix, Golden Sun 4, and a reveal that Retro's new game is DKC6.

More realistically though, a little AC footage, a tease of Prime 4 that still doesn't show much, and more info on FE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom