• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Like I said before, this thread & community feels like the opening of Revenge of the Sith. We’ll get our answers soon, patience always pays off in my experience.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
this is a great article on why it cant really just be faked. It lists a ton of stuff you'd have to set up to fake it, many more than i just listed:
https://www.videogameaccountant.com/2018/10/29/grinch-leak/

Omni has already proven that "it's just too elaborate!" is not an argument. The amount of buzz this leak is getting is proof enough that, if it's fake, any amount of effort that went into faking it was definitely worth it. Especially considering that (if it's fake) then it's probably some dude on 4chan who has absolutely no life and infinite time on his hands. I'm so tired of people constantly ignoring the Rayman leak, especially since it's from the side that yells "PHOTOSHOPPED LITTLE MAC LOLOLOLOL" at every possible counterpoint (even when they themselves were literally using a photoshopped Little Mac argument as evidence).

D

Deleted member

I'm team silent until the game's out and then act like I knew the whole time whether it was real or fake.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Imagine trying so hard to sound tough and right by resorting to insults of the opposite team. Now I'm beginning to understand why certain people don't like this website.
You're just about as bad as he's being if I'm gonna be honest with you.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
There are people who are actually giving mariotehplumber, believing he's the leaker? Ha.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Here's the gun
Your Gif:

Vs the leak:

I don't know how you managed to make the leak image even more pixilated in your GIF but you did, it's very misleading.
I won't comment on the actual leak here, but I will comment on how it just further proves how compression affects the colors. There's literally no pink at all where people think they saw the end of Greninja's tongue.

D

Deleted member

btw spooky mystic shotout to smashboards
I thought half of the responses were "MYSTIC IS A DUMB-DUMB INSIDER!!1", though? Or maybe I just skimmed too fast? I'm glad the guy is now feeling better, but man. This **** really gotta stop when Ultimate's DLC cycle comes, you guys.

Syntherios

#MasterChief4DLC
NNID
Syntherios
Switch FC
SW-0693-8607-4207
There is none. The only banner we have is a zoomed out shot from a Snapchat video.

Do you people even remember the circumstances behind this leak, or have you gotten caught up in the characters and the banner itself? I'm sure people haven't forgotten the context because they're oh-so-desperate to bring it up as a point in favor of the leak.
That's what I meant. You know, talking down to other people doesn't automatically make you smart. Might want to keep that in mind.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
While im glad it reinvigorated our hopes and gave us something new to talk about the whole grinch leak thing has turned basically into

(You wont believe how long it took to find a clip of this with the punchline)

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Omni has already proven that "it's just too elaborate!" is not an argument. The amount of buzz this leak is getting is proof enough that, if it's fake, any amount of effort that went into faking it was definitely worth it. Especially considering that (if it's fake) then it's probably some dude on 4chan who has absolutely no life and infinite time on his hands. I'm so tired of people constantly ignoring the Rayman leak, especially since it's from the side that yells "PHOTOSHOPPED LITTLE MAC LOLOLOLOL" at every possible counterpoint (even when they themselves were literally using a photoshopped Little Mac argument as evidence).
The Rayman model was good, but the Grinch leak is far more intricate.

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I'm a bit tired that whenever I take a break from this thread and come back there's always one person going "OH THE HUMANITY! WILL SOMEONE THINK OF THE POOR INSIDERS? SHAME ON THE SMASH FANBASE!".
Yes, harassment is not okay, but a few assholes from 4chan also do not represent the smash fanbase as a whole. We don't need self-righteous calls to self-flagellate whenever someone says a mean word to someone else.

D

Deleted member

I'll admit I personally jumped the gun with the Greninja tongue thing.

As I previously stated, my post on it wasn't supposed to be negative, I was just trying to ask for something that went against it.

If it was a mistake, oh well, no harm done. It's a silly rumor about a video game. It does not need to be taken with such hostile seriousness as some are treating it with IMO, but to each their own.

D

Deleted member

I thought half of the responses were "MYSTIC IS A DUMB-DUMB INSIDER!!1", though? Or maybe I just skimmed too fast? I'm glad the guy is now feeling better, but man. This **** really gotta stop when Ultimate's DLC cycle comes, you guys.
It won't. It'll be the same crap all over again. Smash Ballot 2.0, but even worse.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't care about the leak anymore, I just want news, man. The reason why we're all at each other's throats, I'm sure, is because we're all just tired of having no news. Team Real wants the leak to be true because that means their favorite characters are in Smash, and because it gives us something new to talk about. Team Fake doesn't believe because they don't wanna get suckered into the hype if it all comes crashing down.

But in the end, this is all happening because we're in a drought. And we're all fighting over the last cup of water.

I JUST.
NEED.
SOMETHING.

NINTENDO, PLEASE.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
There is none. The only banner we have is a zoomed out shot from a Snapchat video.

Do ypeople even remember the circumstances behind this leak, or have you gotten caught up in the characters and the banner itself? I'm sure people haven't forgotten the context because they're oh-so-desperate to bring it up as a point in favor of the leak.

Congratulations, you just described most of the arguments on this site.
cool. so you actually have nothing to contribute to the discussion, you're just gonna call everyone evil and unreasonable and hold yourself above everyone else because of that.

dope.

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832

That doesn't make it a fact, it just makes it your theory about the subject. It can't be confirmed to be one or the other still and it will never be until we get more information. If you're going to resort to the same methods of microscopic tiny details supposedly ruining the whole bit, such as the vietnam flashback of Wario's eye and Ness' shirt, that's fine if you believe in that. But what's not fine is attacking (rather than arguing) others' beliefs.
How did I never notice a cover of Hotel California is playing in the background of that scene thats genuinely hilarious.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I won't comment on the actual leak here, but I will comment on how it just further proves how compression affects the colors. There's literally no pink at all where people think they saw the end of Greninja's tongue.
That's what I've been saying, this ****'s more .jpg than any leak has ever been. It's super hard to tell the tiny details because of the miniscule scale of the orignal's size.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

I'd argue omni proved images/video cant be trusted.

its the circumstances surrounding this leak giving it massive amounts of credibility.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So people are concluding that the background inconsistencies can be explained away but Greninja's tongue is a smoking gun? I'm right there with team fake but ya'll are desperate at this point. That or there's something in the water. I still don't believe the leak but calling it debunked all of a sudden after all this is ridiculous.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
It was definitely half and half last night, but those of us who were batting for Mystic were batting for him hard so he may be referring to that.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I've got no investment in this leak, so I'm just making ****posts until we get some news.
3567452642.jpg

Also, gonna take a moment to plug my support thread for an SMT rep that's located in my signature down there. Please, Reddit. I know you're reading this.

Last edited:

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
The good thing is that this is basically the most on the line this community will ever be, if we can surpass this then nothing can break us at this point.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
Welp. On Team ****'d now.
I'm on Team Tongue myself. :lick:

At this point so close to a potential direct, unless further evidence arrives to further debunk Grinch I'm sticking with the leak being real until being proved otherwise by Sakurai himself.

I've said that all I really wanted from SSBU was to get K. Rool, and I got him. Everything moving forward is icing on the cake, even despite some further characters I'd like to see. Plus, I have a sneaking suspicion that we're going to see most of the characters in the banner leak as DLC by the time that's through.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace

This is much, much more elaborate and convoluted than the Rayman leak.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
The Rayman model was good, but the Grinch leak is far more intricate.
That and the Rayman one lasted for, I dunno, two or so days until Ubisoft caught wind and Omni revealed the ruse. Not arguing sides, just food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom