• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'll be honest, part of what's made this all so ridiculous and unpleasant to watch. Someone hit me up if I'm not alone here, but... do you ever just get a bad feeling when enough information comes up? Like, you feel like you understand something too well, and it makes you feel like something's wrong? It's like things making so much sense eventually kind of turned around and is making me wonder if this really ISN'T just. An incredibly elaborate and convenient series of circumstances.

I just need to actually know what's happening, this back and forth is driving me up a wall and I don't know what I think anymore. We're at a point of like. Inbred speculation where analysis is actually making it worse.

On a brighter note! Anyone ever think about Petey Piranha in Super Smash Bros.?

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Why? Because it's a refuted point that people keep bringing up?

Now you know how it feels when Team Real ignores the valid points that anyone else makes.

Regardless, it's clear that the tongue is shorter in the leak. How do you disprove something like that?

View attachment 173549

You can clearly see the tongue end on the "leaked" mural.

What about the crystals that everyone on Team Real seem all too keen to ignore? You can't deny that they're completely different.

Clearly it's impossible to argue with Team Real because they'll ignore any valid point you throw at them.
Dude. Seriously. Actually go back and read the previous pages instead of throwing team real under a bus, please.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
I do think it's kind of funny how some of the same people that shot down Little Mac's foot due to compression don't apply the same standards to this Greninja image.

Both Little Mac's shoe and Greninja's tongue are bad reasons to support either side but it's still kinda funny.

Why is it always Little Mac and Greninja that get involved in Smash memes?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Come on now, lads.

We might have a date, November 1st. And if that's not it then definitely November 8th.

Our questions will be answered, lads. Let's all just chill out, K?

Poopyhead

Smash Cadet
Peace makers begone, the drama this season is invigorating. Go TeamReal!! show those good-for-nothing TeamFakes why they're wrong again! :drflip:

D

Deleted member

Goodness, all Swamp did was post something he thought disproved it, and everyone freaks out.

Some people in Team Real and Team Fake need to chill a bit. Some people are getting very, very hostile and defensive, and is not at all making this community look good or inviting right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

This Grinch leak is like the cornucopia, if Nintendo doesn't do a direct we can found new subjects in it to debate on, everyday and forever lmao

KEN! STUFF HIM IN THE CORNUCOPIA!
SHADOW! STUFF HIM IN THE CORUNCOPIA!
GENO! STUFF HIM IN THE CORNUCOPIA!
ISAAC! STUFF HIM IN THE CORNUCOPIA!
BANJO! STUFF HIM IN THE CORNUCOPIA!
CHORUS KIDS! STUFF 'EM IN THE CORNUCOPIA!
MACH RIDER! STUFF THEM IN THE CORNUCOPIA!
THE GRINCH! STUFF HIM IN THE CORNUCOPIA!!
ADRENALINE RUSH! ADRENALINE RUSH!
ADRENALINE RUSH! ADRENALINE RUSH!

....couldn't help myself. :p

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If I see one more member of either team come after people who are my friends in a overly negative way.

Seriously ya'll calm down. It's a video game. This **** is not that serious.

StormC

Smash Hero
Goodness, all Swamp did was post something he thought disproved it, and everyone freaks out.
Spending several posts drumming it up as "the hype killer" was a bit much.

It's okay to just post stuff and say "hey guys, I think this looks fake, have we talked about this?"

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
If anyone doubted these guys... here is something for you
There was a problem fetching the tweet
So I trust them...I think

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800

Now you know how it feels when Team Real ignores the valid points that anyone else makes.

Regardless, it's clear that the tongue is shorter in the leak. How do you disprove something like that?

View attachment 173549

What about the crystals that everyone on Team Real seem all too keen to ignore? You can't deny that they're completely different.

Clearly it's impossible to argue with Team Real because they'll ignore any valid point you throw at them.
Rich_Evans.jpg

it's behind the nikita

Akiak

Smash Ace
Not convinced by this tongue stuff by the way

If you look at Greninja's white 'knee' pad thing, you can clearly see it moving to the left slightly

View attachment 173545

Which leads me to believe that the same thing is happening to the tongue, probably due to the low-quality (or the tongue is hiding behind something, that's possible too I guess)
Whoops, actually that's just the yellow Pikmin's flower, I'm dumb

However, looking at where Snake is in the leak I just think the tongue is hiding behind the gun :p

D

Deleted member

Polan Polan Fane Fane and the rest of TeamReal and TeamFake, I'll do you all one better: "You're both pieces of ****, and I can prove it mathematically too."

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If I see the word grinch on this site one more time after this crappy leak passes, Im going to go ****ing crazy
The Grinch memes aren't gonna disappear no matter the outcome.

You will never be safe.

Imagine the direct comes around and the newcomer is Decidueye.
...Normally I'm not someone who likes to see this community go insane, but something about the concept of this particular situation makes me want to imagine it just for entertainment.

That said, I actually don't want it to become a reality, all because it'd make this thread's current state look completely and utterly tame by comparison.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 173549

so are you just being a dingus on purpose and ignoring the multitude of posts above yours that overwhelmingly agree that the tongue is still behind Snake's launcher and the image Swamp posted was somehow way blurrier than the actual leaked banner?

you sure showed them, champ.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Can someone PM me the unaltered, full-sized version of the "leaked" banner? I'm going to put this tongue crap to rest.
There is none. The only banner we have is a zoomed out shot from a Snapchat video.

Do ypeople even remember the circumstances behind this leak, or have you gotten caught up in the characters and the banner itself? I'm sure people haven't forgotten the context because they're oh-so-desperate to bring it up as a point in favor of the leak.
so are you just being a dingus on purpose and ignoring the multitude of posts above yours that overwhelmingly agree that the tongue is still behind Snake's launcher and the image Swamp posted was somehow way blurrier than the actual image?

you sure showed them, champ.
Congratulations, you just described most of the arguments on this site.

Last edited:

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 173549

the crystal and tongue have already been debunked... fella... give it a rest.

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502

btw spooky mystic shotout to smashboards
Awww, that's actually really heartwarming....he may have noticed how some of us were trying to make others harassing him to back off. He may have even read my message lol.

Btw, if you're browsing, hi Mystic!

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Wait, Greninja’s tongue possibly debunked the Grinch but Snake’s also possibly saved it?

I’m not sure...but I’m still Team Real.

Yeah go ahead and call me delusional, desperate, tired, ignorant etc, I don’t care.

You ain’t stopping this anime shonen determination right here.

Why go through so much of a mess for a lousy possible hoax?

Also no offense guys but the “I’m neither Team Real or Fake but I’m Team *whatever*” jokes are getting old.

We get it, you’re not interested anymore.

google chrom

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 173549

aye, no generalizing here comrade. of the (current) 192 people that voted to be Team Real, and the few stubborn people that responded to you isn't representative of everyone, and same goes for all the people on team real that just say everyone in Team Fake are just pessimistic assholes and bandwagon onto each other. There's valid reasons to just *believe* in either side, and a belief is just based on unconfirmed information.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
this leak is obviously fake.

That doesn't make it a fact, it just makes it your theory about the subject. It can't be confirmed to be one or the other still and it will never be until we get more information. If you're going to resort to the same methods of microscopic tiny details supposedly ruining the whole bit, such as the vietnam flashback of Wario's eye and Ness' shirt, that's fine if you believe in that. But what's not fine is attacking (rather than arguing) others' beliefs.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
https://twitter.com/MysticDistance/status/1057116154722967557
I'd like to say we did get a shoutout from Mystic for being respectful, can we please not be so hard on our community now?
Most people in the community are not bad people. They’re just people who are excited to play the game and have fun speculating.

Unfortunately there are some loud assholes on twitter who like to harass people who don’t believe what they do. There’s nothing we can do about them. I sent Mystic a PM though to thank him for his info and apologize for the undeserved crap he’s getting.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
There is none. The only banner we have is a zoomed out shot from a Snapchat video.

Do ypeople even remember the circumstances behind this leak, or have you gotten caught up in the characters and the banner itself? I'm sure people haven't forgotten the context because they're oh-so-desperate to bring it up as a point in favor of the leak.

Honestly you've described most of the arguments on this site from both sides.
Imagine trying so hard to sound tough and right by resorting to insults of the opposite team. Now I'm beginning to understand why certain people don't like this website.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised Greninja's tongue wasn't talked about more before! There were definitely some rumblings, but it never really blew up... for whatever reason. I think it's an interesting point, but I don't think it's a hard deconfirm. Personally, I think it looks like the tongue is going behind Snake's launcher, but the image is too low quality to even really tell that. Like everything, I think it just adds to the wishy-washy and confusing nature of this entire situation.

That said, I can still see the mural being fake... though I think there's bound to be a really, really fascinating story behind it no matter what at this point.

If it is fake, with what's come out from "insiders" over these few days, my wager would be on the remaining characters being:

69. Isaac
70. Incineroar
60ε. Ken
71. Chorus Kids
(Though, numbers don't really matter here)

72. Geno/Sora (DLC)

Give or take a 38ε. Shadow.

This seems to jive the best all in all for me. This leaves us with a much more manageable 3 unique characters for base as opposed to the leak's 6-7 (including Incineroar) -- which I don't think contradicts at all the statements about "a few" more fighters or "slowing down" reveals (if they are interpreted in a conservative sense). These additions also offer (imo) the most logical path. Incineroar jives with nearly everyone and months of rumors, Isaac is one of the only remaining "giants" of the request game (next to Geno -- and he's the only first party), and Chorus Kids were almost certainly nearly implemented in Smash 4, meaning they likely had several important moveset/visual assets already built and so were able to be implemented in this game fairly painlessly (and likely there's been desire to!) Ken, of course, is Ken. He's pretty much guaranteed no matter what.

Add or subtract Shadow depending on whether you think one more echo strains credulity or not. Geno/Sora being announced as a first DLC character jives with consistent rumors of a similar pre-launch DLC announcement like Mewtwo, and the consistent rumor of a Square Enix rep without adding another unique to base. This also gives the game a smooth 71 unique characters at launch, allowing marketing to just use the fun and exciting phrase, "OVER 70 CHARACTERS!" if they're going by the numbers :p
:ultisabelle::ultisabelle::ultisabelle:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom