• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
"Yep it's early November just like every report has stated I'ma ride this now"
Lemme know who this guy actually is
well, i think they were at least kinda early with it. something happened with them originally.planning a big leak reveal but came out with that. could be full of **** but I'm not quick to say so

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Oh it totally makes sense that the Direct would be before the Japan event and before the Special Console Bundle release. They can advertise both.

I'm expecting a Direct announcement in the next few days.

And in the meantime, I'll just play my Nuzlocke to keep me busy.

D

Deleted member

So from the sound of things, it seems we might get something this week then? Am I hearing it right?
If it goes the way September did, possibly. A lot of these people were saying the same stuff around September before that month's Direct got confirmed a few days later.

EDIT; Well, I should say that I think these are the same people who teased that one. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
my most wanted is Geno, but K Rool was my second, so I'm still going to be happy with the roster. I'll be crushed that Geno isnt in if he wasnt but I would still be happy

SonicMario

Smash Master
the direct opens with sakurai staring into the camera silently, with a visible grinch plush in the background. without breaking eye contact, he grabs the grinch plush, takes out a knife out of nowhere and begins to slowly stab it. during this process, his eyes never break contact with the camera, while he mutters something angrily in japanese. after he's done diseboweling the plush, his translator quietly says "never ask me for anything ever again, you ****ers". the stream ends. smashboards crashes.
Sakurai breaks out this line from the Jim Carrey Grinch movie at :09

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
God idk what to feel or believe anymore.

Leak says
-Banjo
-Isaac
-Geno
-Chorus Kids
-Mach Rider
-Shadow
-Ken

Few insiders say:
-Geno
-Isaac
-Incineroar
-Shadow
-Ken
-Chorus Kids
That's it.

Minecraft completely drops from the discussion lmao.

The optimist in me wants to believe all 8 of them are in somehow X(

WHAT DO I DO

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
SPEAK WHAT YOU KNOW OR ELSE
Crono was a name being told by a “questionable source” roughly around the time the Square Rep rumors started being spread. Oddly enough the same person who was spreading the “No DK rep” rumor to insiders was also spreading the rumors that Crono was coming. Based on the conversations Ive had with some people, it seems like its agreed the person spreading the Crono rumor is the same person as the no dk rep guy incognito, so dont get excited over it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is it possible this direct will unveil the rest of the roster?
If it's Smash related, then yes. I personally don't see us getting more than one more Smash presentation when we're nearly a month out from release.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

LetterO

Smash Lord

Leak says
-Banjo
-Isaac
-Geno
-Chorus Kids
-Mach Rider
-Shadow
-Ken

Few insiders say:
-Geno
-Isaac
-Incineroar
-Shadow
-Ken
That's it.

WHAT DO I DO
Mystic was also pretty certain on Chorus Kids. Don't leave my bois out.

Spatman

Smash Ace
It doesn't hurt anymore.

If I think about it i'm pretty lucky. My number 1 most wanted was confirmed in the very first teaser, Isabelle in September, and my last two might be on the way. The only deconfirmations i've had to suffer through are Ashley and Waluigi, besides that i've been doing pretty well.
there are people who wait their favourite(s) for 10 and more years, and that maybe really liked just 2 or 3 among the 20+ newcomers smash4 gave us.
Having in a single hit at least 2 of the most favourite newcomers and very likely at least other 2 for the very same game is a luck I and milions of other people never had and likely never will have

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Let's not just post random Twitter accounts claiming to have information.

It's likely they're just stirring the pot.

Or looking to make some cheap followers off the state of the community right now.

Either way, please don't.

Beatrice

Smash Cadet
I would be surprised if there wasn't a huge announcement on the first in order to drive sales for the bundle released the next day.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
"Yep it's early November just like every report has stated I'ma ride this now"
Lemme know who this guy actually is
While I'm not saying they are credible or anything, but the tweet is from October 21st, before even the Grinch leak. At that point most rumors we're of the 8th after this event, where as this tweet says before the event.

Just saying they probably weren't bandwagoning, but I also don't know if they're worth listening to.

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
I can't exactly find it again, but there was a reddit post that had a really good summery of why this week or next week would be good reasons as to why Sakurai would release the next direct. Otherwise they would be sitting on their hands.

Wish I could find it.

Last edited:

Syntherios

#MasterChief4DLC
NNID
Syntherios
Switch FC
SW-0693-8607-4207
I would unironically love this. Massive Halo fan.
Story should have ended at 3 though.
Eh, I generally liked 4 but 5 was when the narrative ran off the rails and fell into an erupting volcano. Hopefully Infinite will be a return to form, but I digress.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Can you give an example of who would be an "absurd" or "out of left field" Nintendo character for Smash Ultimate? With WTF, Rob and Duck Hunt already in, I can't imagine any other that would be such a big quirky surprise like that. Maybe Poochy? I don't know...
For retro reps:
For non-retro characters, the pool is too wide to list them, but that's kind of the point. If they showed a seemingly random first party character, it'd be a lot harder to reason against it, because why would they lie about that character? How would they even think of them? The Grinch leak is all stuff that anyone could've predicted, it's all characters someone would add if they wanted people to believe them.

I'd say Mach Rider is out of left field, especially for those outside of the speculation part of Smash
There's a retro rep in every game and Mach Rider was previously considered for Melee, it's far from left field. And "those outside of the speculation part of Smash" aren't a factor, because leaks are also "the speculation part of Smash."

Last edited:

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
I feel terrible for Mystic to be honest. Transparency gone to hell.

And this guy was the furthest away from nintendo a source can be, I cant imagine how ****ed up things must be with closer sourcws

Bee Card

Smash Ace

Leak says
-Banjo
-Isaac
-Geno
-Chorus Kids
-Mach Rider
-Shadow
-Ken

Few insiders say:
-Geno
-Isaac
-Incineroar
-Shadow
-Ken
-Chorus Kids
That's it.

WHAT DO I DO

Watch carefully the two sets of characters, which one says Mach Rider is in ? Now you know which team you have to choose :shades:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
This is nothing but headcanon. Stop toting it around as if it was fact.
It's like when some nutcase took the wording of the first Metroid manual referring to Samus as "he," because it was concealing the surprise that Samus is a woman, and dictated that it meant that Samus was trans and started a wiki editing war, with people going back and forth changing Samus's Wikipedia page.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, guys, I have been thinking: What if there was a two person fighter like Ice Climbers to be revealed in a future Direct? They would function the same way as the Ice Climbers, but they each have their own moveset different from each other, and you can determine who is the lead character of the two on the select screen. What do you all think of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom