• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
quickly forgotten...but still more memorable than Waluigi

But do you have Superman 64...the greatest N64 game of all time?
Nope. My brother does. Wasted $6 on it at the retro games expo like an idiot.

That's okay though. I bought Resident Evil on the Game Boy for $15. It's so bad.

We need to get rid of half the Smash fanbase
Okay Thanos.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

These days, I feel as though I'm the only one in the world who wouldn't be excited at all about an N64 Mini.

I got all the games I liked on the Wii VC, and I can play them all with a non-****ty controller on a console I already have hooked up. Both Zeldas and the best Star Fox were released on 3DS with very good ports. As for Banjo Kazooie, Conker and Perfect Dark, those are just on my Xbox.

I'm good.
It's more about being a cool collectors item than it is for the games, TBH.

I'd pick it up because N64 games are hype, and the mini consoles are much easier to hook up or travel around with than something like a Wii or Wii U.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I've been thinking and came to an interesting conclusion. Resident Evil might be the biggest third party left that revolutionized gaming and has strong ties to Nintendo. Made horror games mainstream alongside Silent Hill and made the term 'Survival Horror', having seen it's fair share of Nintendo releases, including Nintendo getting the remake of the first game, Resident Evil 4 and Revelations first and even getting a DS version of the original. Considering the weaponry used it's possible to work around the no guns rule with knives and explosives. Only real issue is who to pick, Chris, Jill or Leon?
Leon. Chris and Jill have Mahvel

D

Deleted member

Resident Evil is the largest Japanese IP not represented in Smash right now, the second largest is Dragon Quest. (This isn't including mobile stuff of course.)
This is why I think it could be a real possibility for Smash. People underestimate the success of RE.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I've been thinking and came to an interesting conclusion. Resident Evil might be the biggest third party left that revolutionized gaming and has strong ties to Nintendo. Made horror games mainstream alongside Silent Hill and made the term 'Survival Horror', having seen it's fair share of Nintendo releases, including Nintendo getting the remake of the first game, Resident Evil 4 and Revelations first and even getting a DS version of the original. Considering the weaponry used it's possible to work around the no guns rule with knives and explosives. Only real issue is who to pick, Chris, Jill or Leon?
I feel like Jill has been the overall more representative character of the series during 1-3, but Leon kinda has stronger ties to Nintendo due to 4.

beans

Smash Lord
I've been asleep for a bit - and I'm wondering - what's the take on MarioTehPlumber being behind this? From what I gather, he covered the "Chadondorf" leak, and he had a video thumbnail with the leaked characters that dropped pretty near the date of the Grinch leak happening. I know it sounds silly, but this is the guy who bought 100-200 Rosalinas amiibos just because he didn't want people to have her.

The stuff there is a coincidence but admittedly he's a either insane or a troll so idk. I'm sure it's been talked about here but I don't know the consensus.
Wouldnt that end really bad with him, because he actually involved someone else in this AND probaly got this elses name blacklisted AND could be followed by a lawsuit

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
I've been asleep for a bit - and I'm wondering - what's the take on MarioTehPlumber being behind this? From what I gather, he covered the "Chadondorf" leak, and he had a video thumbnail with the leaked characters that dropped pretty near the date of the Grinch leak happening. I know it sounds silly, but this is the guy who bought 100-200 Rosalinas amiibos just because he didn't want people to have her.

The stuff there is a coincidence but admittedly he's a either insane or a troll so idk. I'm sure it's been talked about here but I don't know the consensus.
MarioTehPlumber is infamous for buying every single Rosalina amiibo, and being in a lot of video game news outlets because of it. I wouldn't doubt it if he has sources in the industry. He has a unique way of doing his vids (calling every female character hentai or thots) and dropping profanity in a funny but trollish way.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Keep in mind he also called Splatoon Hen (not typing out the rest for obvious reasons) because of an edited image of an Inkling getting splatted with white ink and.... yeah the rest is bad.

In fact, his consensus on the female Nintendo characters is "anime trash and (not typing that word again)" so yeah...

To me, he's a loud mouthed troll who deserves no sympathy.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Well, it's certainly a possibility. Dude's a ****ing joke in the Smash and Sonic communities, but I wouldn't put it past him to try and troll everyone again.

That said, I doubt he has any actual means of producing something like this.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Ooooooh that's who they're referring to when people MTP.

Yeah this could totally be his work. Dude's absolutely insane, especially to the point of framing someone like S_B S_B has said. He'd totally do that alongside things like looking into London Comic-Con and seeing that Illumination is co-sponsoring it with Nintendo and setting up hints for fans to find.

Dude's more crazy than that one Lloyd fan who faked multiple leaks solely for the sake of drawing attention to Lloyd within the speculation scene.

D

Deleted member

Resident Evil is the largest Japanese IP not represented in Smash right now, the second largest is Dragon Quest. (This isn't including mobile stuff of course.)
I don't wanna be that guy, but I do wonder where the citations are at, cause I don't remember Resident Evil making people take leave from work like how Dragon Quest did.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's more about being a cool collectors item than it is for the games, TBH.

I'd pick it up because N64 games are hype, and the mini consoles are much easier to hook up or travel around with than something like a Wii or Wii U.
I can kinda see it as a collector's item, but even then. The N64 itself is the superior collectors' item, wouldn't you say?

People put their money where they want to put their money. The mini console business is clearly skyrocketing. But I prefer having my setup how it is now. And there's no way they'll make a decent Sega Saturn mini considering they haven't made a good Genesis one in like eight tries, so.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
To get some 'General Discussion' in this fresh, newly minted forum thread, I'm actually a little curious to hear what other people may think as far as what a good Final Smash for Geno would be.

Let us consider the following:

1. Geno Beam - A likely simple, inoffensive special attack for something like a Final Smash. The most straightforward way to implement this would be to craft it similarly to something like how Samus/Dark Samus performs their move. Wouldn't really stand out terribly much, so isn't exactly my go-to idea.

2. Geno Whirl - I picture this being something akin to, say, Zelda/Shiek's older Final Smash, the Light Arrow. Another move that likely wouldn't be terribly complicated, just trap a bunch of your foes in a straight line for a devastating 9999 attack. Not my first choice, either, but, it'd be special in that regard, I suppose.

3. Geno Blast - My own personal choice for something like a Final Smash for Geno. I imagine it'd essentially be a move that rains down multi-coloured blasts from the sky. Not sure if it'd be better to trap players first, or if it would just a general area-covering attack that'll hit anyone unfortunate enough to get caught in it. I actually hope - assuming he is in the game - that this is the choice for the Final Smash. Just seems like the one that'd have the best presentation to me.

4. Geno Flash - If I'm not mistaken, I think there was a mod somewhere that actually tried to create this Final Smash as one of Geno's moves, and it performed about like how I figured it would. Geno transforms into a cannon that launches the "sun", which, upon landing somewhere on the stage, suddenly expands rapidly before exploding and dealing damage to surrounding players. I think, if Geno Blast doesn't become the Final Smash, this would be my secondary choice.

I wonder how you guys would feel? Which of these would you think would be most fitting for Geno?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I know the Smash community is famously toxic (as is any in the FGC) and that things got a bit heated in the ESRB Leak back then with the same stuff of Team Fake and Team Real... but it was never like this, holy ****. It's not just people on the outside, people inside this very thread are creating narratives to make ****ting on people justifiable, talking about broken confidence and how people they don't agree with should "just shut up" and come just to post mindless support for whatever they believe.

This is ****ty. This leak is unprecedent on all fronts. Yeah it's fun and all that, but it's also probably the worst on this series history by a long shot.
It's weird because the old thread was primarily just everyone discussing the realness and fakeness of the leak generally fairly respectfully and cooperating with each other. There were some really interesting discussions on the nature of insiders and how they should address an audience, with papagenos weighing in as a standard of someone doing a good job being objective and summarizing most things and Artsy Omni providing compelling evidence regarding the background and still landing somewhere in the middle.

It feels like overnight people took a big old sip of Antagonistic Juice and started being all grumpy with each other. I prefer my speculation to be weird and fun, which this was and still is, but we gotta chill a little and remember we are all arguing about a videogame that's coming out in 49 days.

Anyway, uh, if Dolphin Park isn't a DLC stage I'll cry or something.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I know the Smash community is famously toxic (as is any in the FGC) and that things got a bit heated in the ESRB Leak back then with the same stuff of Team Fake and Team Real... but it was never like this, holy ****. It's not just people on the outside, people inside this very thread are creating narratives to make ****ting on people justifiable, talking about broken confidence and how people they don't agree with should "just shut up" and come just to post mindless support for whatever they believe.

This is ****ty. This leak is unprecedent on all fronts. Yeah it's fun and all that, but it's also probably the worst on this series history by a long shot.
This is most of the reason for why I'm not posting much in the discussion thread. Mostly just reading and shaking my head at this stuff.

D

Deleted member

From what i can gather, Mariotehplumber is an english Saselandia.

But instead of harassing and abusing of anyone who likes Sony or anything related to that company, he just likes and hates Nintendo and his fans at the same time.

**** both then.

D

Deleted member

I can kinda see it as a collector's item, but even then. The N64 itself is the superior collectors' item, wouldn't you say?

People put their money where they want to put their money. The mini console business is clearly skyrocketing. But I prefer having my setup how it is now. And there's no way they'll make a decent Sega Saturn mini considering they haven't made a good Genesis one in like eight tries, so.
It's mainly about convenience. You'll end up spending more money trying to track down original consoles and cartridges for some of these games than simply paying somewhere in between $80 or so bucks to get them all in a tiny box.

Honestly, though, the real thing that should happen is proper VC on the Switch. That'd be better than any mini console or original hardware setups IMO. :p

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Wanna play a game?

Everyone should add one element to this picture, one at a time, to create the Ultimate Smash Bros fighter.
Eventually if people do it right and build off of the previous edition, we will hopefully have something totally inconceivable and asinine.
Yay!

1540840893829.png

Things have been kinda bad where I live, but doing good I guess! I'm actually supposed to do some school work today but I'm procrastinating.....
I feel ya.
I've been doing virtually nothing today cause I really don't feel up to anything but MS Paint and Photoshop apparently lol

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I really hope there's some good news, at least new info coming soon. I'm still patient relatively speaking, but I just want all these annoying leaks to be purged soon. Plus I mentioned it before, but the lack of Kid Icarus content being shown (not counting the 3 current characters, and we already seen the Ingisht Staff, so that's not new news now) is still having me worried. I suppose it's mostly because I want to know Phosphora's whereabouts. I know I once said it's probably because she, along with some other Assist Trophies that have voices, probably need updated voices, or one might be promoted to a playable character, but I can't wait forever. None of us can... plus I just care about Phosphora's position that much.
With that in mind, should new Kid Icarus info show up or something, I would want to be one of the people to know about it, even via tag or something.

Then again, it would be nice to just have more calm vibes here in general. Perhaps this week or the next will be the time Nintendo delivers us something... I hope. With like 39 days left, it's only a matter of time, right? :(

NotLiquid

Smash Lord

MarioTehPlumber is an absolute sociopath so even if this might be conspiracy theory-level, it's a conspiracy I could absolutely believe. If there's anyone that would commit identity theft to push a fake leak it'd probably be him - and him buying all those Rosalina amiibos proves if nothing else that he's pretty resourceful.

D

Deleted member

Wanna play a game?

Everyone should add one element to this picture, one at a time, to create the Ultimate Smash Bros fighter.
Eventually if people do it right and build off of the previous edition, we will hopefully have something totally inconceivable and asinine.
Yay!

View attachment 173328

I feel ya.
I've been doing virtually nothing today cause I really don't feel up to anything but MS Paint and Photoshop apparently lol

*puts Crash Bandicoot with a photoshopped Fantastic Four suit over it*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom