• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StormC

Smash Hero
I’m not a “likes to see the world burn” type of guy and I generally like the Smash community aside from a few facets but I will seriously howl with laughter if the banner doesn’t prove true after the release....

Only for it to be the DLC roster banner.

Doubt that’s gonna happen tho.
I don't think it's impossible Banjo is a DLC character due to the theorized late time he was added in. It could be a Mewtwo situation.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So, if you had to choose a Jump character to be in Smash that is NOT Goku, who would it be?

It'd be Yuske or Gon to me.
Nami Luffy

Most successful manga and there was that 3DS One Piece game with Smash amiibo support. Also One Piece is my favourite manga/anime anyway.

Next non Goku choice would be a Jojo.
Since I see Sora's name being popping up, so I wanna give 100% Full-on clarity of the recent events from the last SpawnCast, and why I made that the big last point. Link is here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmessXwNNI0) and here's the full quote.

I think also with the few times Spawn has said something about "being notified about a forum", at this point, I think he might know about us talking about him. I'm not trying to get any hopes up, but I'm just saying...

Spawn Michaels looking to make the streak 10-0 come December 6th.
Man if I miss a Smash announcement because I'll be too busy playing Smash because timezones, I'll... just have to watch it later.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant

GET THE POPCORN
Interesting to see that Leak Review still thinks it's real, Leak Review has had a pretty solid track record in identifying real leaks. The most interesting thing though is that they state that have their own information that leads to them believing that "Nintendo Life employee" 4chan post and the leak, contrary to the other insiders who have been mixed-at-best about the leak.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So, if you had to choose a Jump character to be in Smash that is NOT Goku, who would it be?

Alongside an announcement that they will finally. animate. the ****ing. Jinchu. Arc.

Shroob

Sup?
Interesting to see that Leak Review still thinks it's real, Leak Review has had a pretty solid track record in identifying real leaks. The most interesting thing though is that they state that have their own information that leads to them believing that "Nintendo Life employee" 4chan post and the leak, contrary to the other insiders who have been mixed at best about it.
At this point in the race, EVERYONE has an Inside source.

"EVERYONE IS INSIDE THE SCENE!"

D

Deleted member

Fun fact about me, I've never watched any Jojo or Fist of The North Star. Hell, I haven't even watch Yugi-Oh.
I'm probably going to lit on fire because of that lol.

Refuse to watch Ruroni Kenshin though, and I don't think I need to say why.

osby

Smash Obsessed
lol, yeah I do. Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter X Hunter 2011 were amazing. Back when I liked anime a lot. Now...Now we have Black Clover and Isekai. :(
Dunno, Black Clover actually started to adapt the good parts of the manga and there are nice isekai animes, like Konosuba.

Though, this is really off-topic. About Smash, um... what about new items?

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
So the guy who did the leak he obviously did it at work, and it wasnt caught, and it printed not only 1 but 3 banners (seeing the red Switch logo up and down the faked banner).

Now, the possibilites are, he did the artwork edit at home, so it was prepared to print 1 fake banner.

Or he actually did all this at work and wasnt caught at all.

I dont know, im teamreal.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628

Nice....

Note: The Video itself is fake, don't worry guys just a joke
Haha clever. Not gonna lie though, was also hoping he'd satirize the making of it by having like 5 whole minutes of all the ridiculous crud that had to go on to leak this. But do it completely straight-faced.

D

Deleted member

Dunno, Black Clover actually started to adapt the good parts of the manga and there are nice isekai animes, like Konosuba.

How about a new item that lets you recover stocks? :)

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster

Konosuba is amazing. When is Season 3? :(

Also why isn't this an item yet?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Refuse to watch Ruroni Kenshin though, and I don't think I need to say why.
Most Kenshin fans were fans long before that disturbing news last year. And there's no real correlation between the crime in question and the characters in his work. If there were, I'd be uncomfortable enjoying Kenshin with that knowledge.

Having those DVDs is heinous, yes. But it's possible to separate a work of fiction and its creator. And unlike other people who have been in his position, I at least respect Watsuki for admitting he did it immediately, apologizing, and abiding by what the law's punishment is without fighting it.

You and anyone else are free to demonize him for what he did, and I understand that position. Truly, I do. Just as long as you don't demonize fans of the work he created in the process.

D

Deleted member

Most Kenshin fans were fans long before that disturbing news last year. And there's no real correlation between the crime in question and the characters in his work. If there were, I'd be uncomfortable enjoying Kenshin with that knowledge.

Having those DVDs is heinous, yes. But it's possible to separate a work of fiction and its creator. And unlike other people who have been in his position, I at least respect Watsuki for admitting he did it immediately, apologizing, and abiding by what the law's punishment is without fighting it.

You and anyone else are free to demonize him for what he did, and I understand that position. Truly, I do. Just as long as you don't demonize fans of the work he created in the process.
Oh I know. The fans are not to blame in that whole...fiasco. They are completely innocent. But regardless, as osby osby said we are getting waaaay off topic now lol.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Good morning everyone! Any news? The last thing I know is the "glitch mural where Isaac should be placed".

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Good morning everyone! Any news? The last thing I know is the "glitch mural where Isaac should be placed".
The company removed the video of their workplace where the picture of the leak was taken.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Fuzzies from Yoshi's Island

I want my Yoshi item already ffs
i never understood this stuff when i played this game, does this make yoshi high or drunk or something?

is yoshi committing tax fraud AND a drug addict?

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh I know. The fans are not to blame in that whole...fiasco. They are completely innocent. But regardless, as osby osby said we are getting waaaay off topic now lol.
Apologies. I'm usually just prepared to be defensive when Watsuki's crime is brought up. Kenshin is my single favorite anime, and the first manga collection I ever collected. It got me through some struggling times in my life and I've endured people telling me that my fandom is condoning pedophilia on more than one occasion. As someone whose family has actually dealt with that first hand, I don't take kindly to the assertion.

But on topic, uh. Uh.

#KenshinForJumpForceSmash?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Since I see Sora's name being popping up, so I wanna give 100% Full-on clarity of the recent events from the last SpawnCast, and why I made that the big last point. Link is here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmessXwNNI0) and here's the full quote.

I think also with the few times Spawn has said something about "being notified about a forum", at this point, I think he might know about us talking about him. I'm not trying to get any hopes up, but I'm just saying...

Spawn Michaels looking to make the streak 10-0 come December 6th.
The more I see this. The more I see how weird and suspicious he quickly pass Over Sora to attack Minecraft and Banjo.

Chrono.

Interesting to see that Leak Review still thinks it's real, Leak Review has had a pretty solid track record in identifying real leaks. The most interesting thing though is that they state that have their own information that leads to them believing that "Nintendo Life employee" 4chan post and the leak, contrary to the other insiders who have been mixed-at-best about the leak.
You got that 4chan Nintendo Life post on you? I don't really remember what it said.

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318

Probably means nothing but pointing it out anyway

Shroob

Sup?

Probably means nothing but pointing it out anyway
Isabelle was always going to be shown off in the September Direct, this is painfully obvious, so this really doesn't mean anything, especially since these blog posts have probably been made MONTHS in advance.

I still HEAVILY scrutinize the "Isaac was held back!" specifically due to this.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Here

It's really dubious, so I wonder what Leak Review heard that makes them think it's legitimate.
I mean, he said pretty specifically in his Twitter thread thing that he had sources who also claimed that Isaac was delayed from the September direct.

Problems I have with the 4chan "Nintendo Life" guy:

1) Just saying to the world "I work at _______" is usually a sure fire sign it's an impersonator. Also, working at Nintendo Life and knowing that a character is leak bait don't really correlate.
2) Such intimate knowledge of a Direct is uncommon. Knowing all five of those characters, specifically, will be in a Direct, for sure on the 8th, again specifically, isn't usually how these leaks go.
3) "To confirm, I have the same source PapaGenos has. They have seen the banner characters, and so have I." That's a really bizarre statement. How do you know your sources are also another leaker's sources, and followup: why does it matter, unless you're trying to make your post relevant by name dropping someone else? If *you've* seen them, why does it matter if your sources have? Wouldn't you just lead with, "I've personally seen them, the banner's real"?

Either the person constructed his thoughts extremely poorly or he's faking. I'm not buying it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Just to be clear, this 4chan post is seemingly implying the original plan for this Direct was just to reveal Ken, Shadow, Chorus Kids and Mach Rider.

That sounds very strange to me. It would've lacked an anchoring fan-favourite/highly recognizable character, apart from echoes.

There are other red flags in that post as well, but other people have touched on those.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Isabelle was always going to be shown off in the September Direct, this is painfully obvious, so this really doesn't mean anything, especially since these blog posts have probably been made MONTHS in advance.

I still HEAVILY scrutinize the "Isaac was held back!" specifically due to this.
I don't think they're suggesting that Isabelle was revealed instead of Isaac, but rather that both were supposed to be revealed. Like, the Direct would have opened with Isaac and ended with Isabelle.

I do find that Nintendo Life 4chan post a bit out there, simply because he states what publication he's working for, and iirc PapaGenos also said that it was likely fake even though it claims to have the same source as him.

This does not rule out that Isaac was cut from the September Direct though, as Leak Review does back that up with his own source, and it would help explain the current drought a bit, both Isaac and Isabelle would have been an unexpected mini-bombshell at the time and would have tied us over for longer. It would also explain why we're potentially sitting here with 7 unrevealed newcomers at this stage, take Isaac out of that and that's just one more newcomer than the August Direct, maybe even take Banjo or Geno out of that as that could be a Mewtwo scenario and we're down to the same number.

I'm not sure if I buy it entirely, but I don't think it's impossible either.

Last edited:

Pep1to

Smash Journeyman
I have, from the beginning been very sceptical with the banner/Grinch leak. There is no way that Sakurai was saving 7/8 characters a month before release.

Now with all proof for real or fake, there is really nothing else we can until a direct announcement. My guess is that the direct is going to be announced at Nintendo Live Tokyo this Sunday 4th. There is really no other date this would fit better.

Just take the chill pill and have patience guys, the direct is coming with HOPEFULLY more information to save us from this damn chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom