• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'm a little disgusted at how quick you folks turn.

You're biased.

At least admit it.

Moreover, most of you don't even know what backpedaling means, but its clear that you want to misconstrue anything he says that you don't like.
thank-you.gif

Finally, someone said it! I was thinking this over the last few pages that I've read. Like......WOW.

The bias is so thick you can cut it with a knife. For example, I want Geno just as much as the next fan but saying that something is reality =/= it happens so let's say the guy did in fact go against his word and suddenly say that Geno is not happening from what his sources have told, you're not gonna catch me saying some of the things being said over the last few pages.

Last edited:

Yoshster

Smash Rookie
So guy who has 0 visual evidence and keeps flip-flopping vs images that would be extremely hard to fake?

Hmm, who to side with?

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Even if it's fake, this leak has been far more interesting than the ESRB one. I really didn't think it could be beat, but the Grinch saved the day. The most important outcome of this leak is the Grinch's fate after all.
If it's real, the Grinch will stay with us forever. He'll surpass Shrek in requests (sorry shrek lovers), and be our loving lord and savior.
If it's fake however, I can see a few things happening:
1. We forget of him quickly (worst timeline)
2. We are angry at him and never love him again. He'll at least stay a meme this way
3. We are angry at first, but DLC gives him the redemption arc he needs, and he becomes our lord once again (best timeline)

Don't disappoint us Grinch

D

Deleted member

Wellp, he just said "likely fake", before he said that it was fake, so we're literally back in square one.
[Chorus of Evanescence's Bring Me To Life playing muffled in the distance]
I'm just gonna go back to Red Dead 2 for the rest of the night, I'll be back when everything stops being so confusing.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
You guys should stop doubting Mystic for an hour because that way we might get more info instead of him justifying himself over and over instead of answering questions!

andres22

Smash Cadet
bit iffy on the timeline, but:

- The Da Grinchy Code, Season 1 -
Episode 1 - Blurry Beginnings
Episode 2 - A Shady Background
Episode 3 - People on the Inside
Episode 4 - Double Profiles
Episode 5 - Impersonation
Episode 6 - A Sprout of Hope
Episode 7 - Papa
Episode 8 - Not what it Seams
Episode 9 - Shrouded in Mystique
Episode 10 - ???
Episode 11 - ???
Episode 12 - ???
Finale - ???

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Mystic is confusing though.

''CONFIRMED. ISAAC AND GENO SHOULD BE IN."

Literally seconds later:

''CHORUS KIDS ARE IN. I'M MOST CERTAIN ABOUT THEM. WAIT DID I SAY GENO AND ISAAC?"

The ****, mate?

Noipoi

Howdy!
All I need to know are these things:

-Is Edgey the Edgehog in?
-VEEMO?
-Is single player good?
-Is online at least tolerable?
-SPIRITS MODE?
-And most importantly, what's up with Luigi's grab?

I'll be fine to wait for release if I can get info on these.
Besides the obvious like Spirits mode, etc.
I simply need to know the fate of Incineroar. I was content to let him rest, but everyone and their mom's insiders claim he could still be in.
I need to know.

Geno too, of course. But Incineroar has a whole story behind him now.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
This guy ‍♂
See, this is kind of what I'm talking about.

Whether he's right or wrong, as someone who receives inside info and reveals it to the public? He's in a very tight spot. If he stops (assuming leak IS real. I want it to be. but I'll concede if it did become a ruse,) people jump on ANOTHER bandwagon of "HA HE STOPPED. WE GOT 'EM. WOOOOOO!!!!"

Which, I will confess? Is dumb. Can we go back to speculating over the images themselves? If we kept talking about the pictures instead of trying to fish out the info from "leakers" who we may or may not trust in the first place, there would be far less aggression on both sides. I'm starting to get sick of it, myself.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Mystic, an insider, feels certain that Chorus Kids, Isaac, and Ken are in, and maybe Geno, Incineroar, and Shadow; Lloyd as DLC.

He mentioned some on his Twitter and Chorus Kids with a couple in text to someone so idk (the couple other than Chorus Kids were also on his Twitter).
Huh what? Do we have a link to the Chorus Kids stuff?

If he mentioned Chorus Kids confidently in I'm completely confused.

KMDP

Smash Legend
When this is all said and done, we should live stream a reading of pages 6000-6600 just because I'm pretty sure 90% of what everyone is saying will age hilariously
Well, obviously.
I can't wait for a direct announcement. Not even the direct itself, though of course I want one, just an announcement. That's all I need.
The peace of mind in knowing all our questions will be answered soon, the catharsis. All I need is an announcement.
You know what I need?

A miracle.
>Mystic leans towards real on the leak
>Board generally favorable to him
>Mystic’s opinion shifts
>’**** this Mystic guy, is he even credible?’

For ****’s sake guys, please. Don’t even pretend the shift in general opinion of Mystic isn’t obvious. This is super-uncool and shows a lot of vitriol and bias on team real’s side.
Yes, that bias is not cool.

My opinion on Mystic remains positive, even if he's saying the Grinch Leak (the GL itself) is likely fake now. It'd still remain positive even if he had said he hadn't heard if Isaac was in the game or not, because he's not being mean to people.

Ultimately, I'm just on Team "I Want Isaac", the Grinch Leak doesn't need to be real for that to happen.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Reminder that Insiders (and those with them) are literally not accountable to rando internet users. The only person they are accountable to is their connection to the information. Their business model tanks if they don't maintain that relationship with a source. That's why they aren't posting more information.

All you end up doing while badgering them is making you and the rest of the community (by proxy) look like assholes because you can't handle someone having a different opinion than you.

God I hate the internet sometimes.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
So basically:

All the insiders practically have conflicting information barring Ken + Incineroar.

I have a very good feeling that Incineroar was leak bait, tbh. There's no way every insider knows these two characters and have conflicting info with the rest of... well... everything basically.

Who knows though, we're just in a roundabout of speculation at this point.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
You guys should stop doubting Mystic for an hour because that way we might get more info instead of him justifying himself over and over instead of answering questions!
I’d rather call him out for his bull**** than sit quietly and let him flip flop his way over his “info” like a damn Magikarp.

D

Deleted member

Oh, I meant as in "we're gonna end up with all of them anyway, Grinch Gang ftw."

Banjo-Kazooie is gonna come home.
So what your saying is mystic saying it’s fake but he’s lying cause it’s real and all 7 of them are base including banjo?

It literally doesn't matter. If you question anyone you're deemed toxic and if you readily believe them you're deemed biased(however the **** it's spelled).

It's a lose lose situation for literally everyone.

OurBoyRoy

Smash Cadet

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Something that is actually super cool about how this is all turning out, and beneficial to all, including Nintendo is that we have had such conflicting reports that in a sense we are now back to a situation in which we have no idea who the final newcomers are. The speculation has been narrowed, but not enough that we can't still be surprised.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
I’d rather call him out for his bull**** than sit quietly and let him flip flop his way over his “info” like a damn Magikarp.
I want that too but what if he is legit?
Then this would be our best chance in a while to get some info on different things. Afterwards we can still call hhim out.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
Even if it's fake, this leak has been far more interesting than the ESRB one. I really didn't think it could be beat, but the Grinch saved the day. The most important outcome of this leak is the Grinch's fate after all.
If it's real, the Grinch will stay with us forever. He'll surpass Shrek in requests (sorry shrek lovers), and be our loving lord and savior.
If it's fake however, I can see a few things happening:
1. We forget of him quickly (worst timeline)
2. We are angry at him and never love him again. He'll at least stay a meme this way
3. We are angry at first, but DLC gives him the redemption arc he needs, and he becomes our lord once again (best timeline)

Don't disappoint us Grinch
Whether it's real or not, in a way, the Grinch really did steal christmas!

Potato_

Smash Lord
See, this is kind of what I'm talking about.

Whether he's right or wrong, as someone who receives inside info and reveals it to the public? He's in a very tight spot. If he stops (assuming leak IS real. I want it to be. but I'll concede if it did become a ruse,) people jump on ANOTHER bandwagon of "HA HE STOPPED. WE GOT 'EM. WOOOOOO!!!!"

Which, I will confess? Is dumb. Can we go back to speculating over the images themselves? If we kept talking about the pictures instead of trying to fish out the info from "leakers" who we may or may not trust in the first place, there would be far less aggression on both sides. I'm starting to get sick of it, myself.
I agree with this, but we've discussed the images for days now, there's nothing left to squeeze out of them.

These posts are basically the newest topic, so I get why people want to discuss them.

I think Mystic's got to be a bit more clear on who he thinks is more likely than others. He doesn't even need to confirm or deconfirm anyone, just say what he thinks. Right now he keeps hopping from character to character and it's confusing as to who he thinks is more likely.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I just can't find a reason to ever trust or follow insiders at all. Their points can be confusing, misleading or just hard to set as concrete (can be). Maybe they're not wrong at times, but we almost always seem to get nowhere, when it comes to discussion.

I think it's a lot better to stay reserved than have your dreams crushed later, but that's just a preference.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, with Mystic saying the banner leak is unconfirmed but not deconfirmed, are we literally back to square one?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The Smash Bros. fanbase showing bias in regards to leaks and throwing around buzzwords to discredit leakers they don't like?

There's no way this could happen!

Oh wait, it's totally happening right now.

Here's a nice way to sum up the situation:
2l789t.jpg

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
bit iffy on the timeline, but:

- The Da Grinchy Code, Season 1 -
Episode 1 - Blurry Beginnings
Episode 2 - A Shady Background
Episode 3 - People on the Inside
Episode 4 - Double Profiles
Episode 5 - Impersonation
Episode 6 - A Sprout of Hope
Episode 7 - Papa
Episode 8 - Not what it Seams
Episode 9 - Shrouded in Mystique
Episode 10 - ???
Episode 11 - ???
Episode 12 - ???
Finale - ???
I gotta wait 4 more episodes of this ****. Why couldn't I have binged watched this?*

*technically that is life

Chrollo.

fka president wario
This is like yelling at a movie for not making sense before it's over.
Literally all he’s doing is clarifying himself and trying to be as transparent as he can with us and people are accusing him of flip-flopping. It’s ****ing wild.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Do we have a general consensus on when the next direct might be? Even if it's just a guess; I want a date to look forward too.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
The Smash Bros. fanbase showing blatant bias in regards to leaks and throwing around buzzwords to discredit leakers they don't like?

There's no way this could happen!

Oh wait, it's totally happening right now.

Here's a nice way to sum up the situation:
View attachment 173193
I thought i had some kind of patent on these kind of memes recently.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom