• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Okay so I'm gonna be honest, as long as Nintendo can make the reveal trailers as good as Simon/Richter's and K. Rool's i can get on board with any character. Main reason I couldn't get excited for Isabelle is cause the trailer was barely anymore than "yeah she's in smash." Which granted represents the series well enough cause it's a fairly relaxing game but it just didn't get me excited

Noipoi

Howdy!
I can't wait for a direct announcement. Not even the direct itself, though of course I want one, just an announcement. That's all I need.
The peace of mind in knowing all our questions will be answered soon, the catharsis. All I need is an announcement.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
>Mystic leans towards real on the leak
>Board generally favorable to him
>Mystic’s opinion shifts
>’**** this Mystic guy, is he even credible?’

For ****’s sake guys, please. Don’t even pretend the shift in general opinion of Mystic isn’t obvious. This is super-uncool and shows a lot of vitriol and bias on team real’s side.
To be fair, the fact that Mystic is flip-flopping and revising the story inherently raises questions about credibility. It doesn't really matter where you start and where you finish, just that you are jumping around at all.
That being said, I'm totally fine with Mystic. At least they seem to be responsive, calm, and not dismissive or condescending, which can't be said for some of the other voices.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Real talk, anybody with ACTUAL Insider info, regardless of who it is or not (I don't know whose legit or not. sources can be right. they can be wrong) is in a really tight spot right now.

What do they do? Do they stay silent? Do they ignore it? Or do they address the elephant in the room and lie in the face of one of the biggest damn secrets getting out?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I know if I was in the industry with insider information, I'd be feeling mad uncomfortable right now. Luckily it's easy to evade/dodge questions/maintain neutrality in the face of social media and game coverage behind a keyboard. Take THAT for what you will, people. It's rough for them, regardless of how they're acting. And they're people behind a keyboard and microphone too, just like us. I honestly doubt Mystic loses anything from being wrong OR being right at this stage of the game. If this turns out to be true after all? Sources are wrong. Sources that will NEVER be named or found out. The leaker in question is unharmed and they proceed to obtain new information and the latest scoop from new sources on the next big gaming story where those next sources ARE correct.

Honestly we'll all be too hyped/preparing to play this game to even care about the "who" and "why" behind who leaked what. It'll all pass, regardless of what happens.

... right. NOW I'm done. Even though I'm just a simple observer.

I don't even know what to think anymore.

So many people saying one thing when they actually mean the other.

So many instances where "evidence" is brought up only to be rendered meaningless literally minutes later.

So much hypocrisy and policing.

Why have the Smash Gods forsaken us?

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Mystic seems to be flip-flopping all over the place. He said he was pretty sure about Isaac and Geno. And said Incineroar, Ken, and Shadow were in.

Now apparently he’s saying he’s pretty sure about Isaac, Ken, and Chorus Kids but doesn’t know about Geno for sure? What?

I’m just confused.

Yoshster

Smash Rookie
And in the case it IS fake.... then what?

This can be faked. It's mind numbingly crazy to think, but it's completely doable.
The details that went into it are nuts. The chances of "insiders" being wrong is higher than the chances of someone pulling off this hoax.

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
I’m gonna go further than that

@Billybae10K spotted something else hidden under that paper

Whatever that hanging light template is.
Leak 1edit3.png

well i posted this yesterday.. not sure how he didnt saw it but at least he saw what i saw.
also there is this as well.
watisthis.png

Screenshot_5.png

also what item is this?

just reposting this if no one saw it,since that video seem to have not find it.

Last edited:

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
That's odd. If I read that correctly, he was at first almost sure Geno was in and was doubtful on Chorus kids, but now he's swapped beliefs on the two?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Grant, don't you do this to me. Not right now. Not right now.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
I swear its becoming the same song and dance every single day:

-People find something new to the banner, gets refused later
-Insider with "sources" shows up on twitter making claims

Just announce the ****ing direct already and break my heart again nintendo, im getting tired of this.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm a little disgusted at how quick you folks turn.

You're biased.

At least admit it.

Moreover, most of you don't even know what backpedaling means, but its clear that you want to misconstrue anything he says that you don't like.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
It would be worth something if Grant Kirkhope had the rights to the BK OST
Microsoft owns it, so if BK is in, Nintendo wouldn't be going to him for the rights
Fair point, I only mention it because I remember people talking about him earlier.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Considering supposed insiders are seemingly split down the middle on whether it's real or fake, I think it's best to form your own opinions, dearies. Insiders got something right in the past. Doesn't mean they're right now. It's why I always had my eye on Verg's claims but never claimed him as word-of-God.

This is exactly what I’ve been trying to say. Posting insider input isn’t inherently wrong, and nobody who posts it is saying that it’s 100% true. It’s just that some people in this thread treat them like they’re Satan’s Spawn all because they don’t agree that the banner itself is real. In this specific situation I feel bad for Mystic because he seems like a sweet person yet people are accusing him of backpedaling and such all in the sole fact that he called the banner fake when he hasn’t backpedaled in the slightest and if they actually read his tweets they’d know that. The worst he did was prematurely call the leak real then be neutral on it after multiple people contacted him, and even then he’s one of the few insiders who are actually being transparent with us and trying to give us all the info he could yet people are just straight up bashing him. I just don’t like seeing innocent people attacked all because they have a different view. I, for one, like having multiple different views on this leak, because the more input there is the more interesting it gets.

Nobody should take insider input as a 100% fact, but there’s no reason to bash them just because they said something you don’t like.

And also Mina is 3rd best girl

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So from what Mystic is saying, we'd only be missing Mach Rider and Banjo-Kazooie...we'll probably get them anyway since it's matching the leak...

The dream is happening bois.
The Grinchondorf.png

Last edited:

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice

Wellp, he just said "likely fake", before he said that it was fake, so we're literally back in square one.

Potato_

Smash Lord
To be fair, the fact that Mystic is flip-flopping and revising the story inherently raises questions about credibility. It doesn't really matter where you start and where you finish, just that you are jumping around at all.
That being said, I'm totally fine with Mystic. At least they seem to be responsive, calm, and not dismissive or condescending, which can't be said for some of the other voices.
This is basically where I stand. The flip-flopping is concerning but I can imagine he's just nervous with the large amount of people throwing questions and accusations at him.

So far he's been one of the most cooperative insiders however, giving actual reasoning behind his opinions. The fact that a lot of what he says lines up with the other insiders also gives him some credibility. Either they're ALL wrong (which is unlikely unless they all share the same source and that source is wrong), or they do have some shards of truth to the situation.

However, it's weird that he listed Chorus Kids as one of the characters he's heard the most in that DM with Nekoo Nekoo , yet they aren't in the "confirmed" section.
Does he have more info for those he confirmed? They can't ALL be in as that'd contradict what he said.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
This is exactly what I’ve been trying to say. Posting insider input isn’t inherently wrong, and nobody who posts it is saying that it’s 100% true. It’s just that some people in this thread treat them like they’re Satan’s Spawn all because they don’t agree that the banner itself is real. In this specific situation I feel bad for Mystic because he seems like a sweet person yet people are accusing him of backpedaling and such all in the sole fact that he called the banner fake when he hasn’t backpedaled in the slightest and if they actually read his tweets they’d know that. The worst he did was prematurely call the leak real then be neutral on it after multiple people contacted him, and even then he’s one of the few insiders who are actually being transparent with us and trying to give us all the info he could yet people are just straight up bashing him. I just don’t like seeing innocent people attacked all because they have a different view. I, for one, like having multiple different views on this leak, because the more input there is the more interesting it gets.

Nobody should take insider input as a 100% fact, but there’s no reason to bash them just because they said something you don’t like.

And also Mina is 3rd best girl
Right behind Yaomomo and Hatsume <3

OurBoyRoy

Smash Cadet
I think the Spooky Mystic thing is really weird. I don't have a sense for why they would 'confirm' 4/7 of the characters, but then flat-out won't comment on Banjo, Mach Rider or Chorus Kids. I don't see a reason to give Mystic's claims higher priority over anyone else claiming to be an insider, especially when it's very likely many of these insiders either have a common source or are intermingling.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I will say that he needs to do a much better job of clarifying himself atm, posting different characters in different conversations is doing nothing to elucidate the situation.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
View attachment 173185
well i posted this yesterday.. not sure how he didnt saw it but at least he saw what i saw.
also there is this as well.
View attachment 173187
View attachment 173188
also what item is this?

just reposting this if no one saw it,since that video seem to have not find it.
If the image is going for that "flat soup can" shape, someone here actually ran an analysis of the banner in Photoshop and, while designing it, found the image is the wrong dimensions for a shape like that. It's not wide enough to go all the way around without really stretching it, which distorts the characters to the point most aren't even recognizable, which defeats the point of having the mural anyways.

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
I'm a little disgusted at how quick you folks turn.

You're biased.

At least admit it.

Moreover, most of you don't even know what backpedaling means, but its clear that you want to misconstrue anything he says that you don't like.
There's nothing to misconstrue. He's essentially saying, "Well, you see, MAYBE, but then again maybe not."

How enlightening!

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Mystic seems to be flip-flopping all over the place. He said he was pretty sure about Isaac and Geno. And said Incineroar, Ken, and Shadow were in.

Now apparently he’s saying he’s pretty sure about Isaac, Ken, and Chorus Kids but doesn’t know about Geno for sure? What?

I’m just confused.
He's been consistent; confident on Isaac, Geno, Ken, Shadow, Incineroar, heard little about the others.

D

Deleted member

I can't wait for a direct announcement. Not even the direct itself, though of course I want one, just an announcement. That's all I need.
The peace of mind in knowing all our questions will be answered soon, the catharsis. All I need is an announcement.
All I need to know are these things:

-Is Edgey the Edgehog in?
-VEEMO?
-Is single player good?
-Is online at least tolerable?
-SPIRITS MODE?
-And most importantly, what's up with Luigi's grab?

I'll be fine to wait for release if I can get info on these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom