• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
Chorus Kids aren't joke characters. Sakurai has never cared about if a character could fight, so I don't know why he would now. A rhythm based gimmick is something very realizable. I don't have any idea how it would work, but Sakurai would be able to figure it out
Any character that looks goofy as **** and isn't a main character from a flagship franchise is a joke character to me. Anyway, the point is that Isaac is still more realizable.

One of Sakurai's stated reasons for not having Zelda be based on her Breath of the Wild incarnation was that she "is more into research than fighting." Therefore, whether a character is realizable as a fighter does seem to matter to Sakurai on some base level.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay everyone!

I've decided who all will be on the season two poster, and it's gonna be a doozy!

On my little check list are 45 users! In comparison the first one had around 17.

I've decided to leave it there and stop taking anymore requests. Sorry, but any more and i'd burn my fingers off.

I won't tell you who's in and who isn't, i'll leave that for you to discover.

I'll try to have it finished tomorrow afternoon, so look out for it!

Roberk

Smash Champion
It's insane to me just how much discussion there's been since the leak. About 500 pages since Wednesday. Reaching 7000 before the next Direct will be a breeze.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
If the banner is fake then I'd at least like to see the full thing posted by the leaker. It'd be nice to see this crazy *** leak in higher quality.
If it is fake the guy will never come out. That would mean he very likely impersonated an Employee of ACP and defamed the company's by means of their privacy policy.

Potato_

Smash Lord
One last thing I want to point out.

If this banner leak is confirmed fake before the next Direct, you can't use it as a resource for who you think is more likely. Chorus Kids and Banjo will no longer be shoe-ins, and we'll have no way of knowing if both Geno and Isaac are getting in. Even characters not on the banner become fair game.

In other words, we're in the dark once again. Don't make the mistake of assuming these 7 characters (and Incineroar) are the only possible additions.
This is a good point.

Now you all must prepare for my speech on why Skull Kid is in.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Okay everyone!

I've decided who all will be on the season two poster, and it's gonna be a doozy!

On my little check list are 45 users! In comparison the first one had around 17.

I've decided to leave it there and stop taking anymore requests. Sorry, but any more and i'd burn my fingers off.

If i'm not in the base poster can I be DLC?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Anyways, good night y'al,l I need to get away from this madness...
Hopefully, tomorrow will be more peaceful...

Last edited:

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Because he's been respectful and transparent in his sources like with Papagenos.
To add to this, there's a marked difference between:

"This is the information I have at present and here's what I think it means."

And...

"People REALLY don't think Ultimate will have a new Pokemon character, huh? Maybe they should just remember to trust us insiders~."

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Even after Mystic and Ryce(?) came out stating the Grinch leak is false, I still don't buy it. These picks in the Grinch leak had too much history behind them (including past considerations for previous Smash games) to not at least be considered for inclusion.

Either their sources step up and provide evidence from sources DIFFERENT from Verge's and supply Pictures/Video, I'm still going to believe that the Grinch leak is real because there hasn't been anything damning enough to convince me otherwise.

For those saying it's fake, remember Occam's Razor.
It's much easier to prove that this is real compared to this all being an elaborate ruse.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
leaking a game from one company =/= to having inside info about Nintendo games
That was just a single example. He also leaked a bunch of Atlus titles. And people who work in this kind of field usually have multiple connections throughout the entire industry.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
What if we just don't get a retro pick this time around? Maybe Sakurai and the team decided to put all their time into fan favorites and big names.

I know we've gotten one every game since Melee, but it's not like it's an ironclad rule that MUST be followed every Smash game. With this game being so dedicated towards pleasing the fans it makes sense that every inclusion would be a highly anticipated one.
Sakurai is a 70s baby, and probably played a lot of games from the 70s and 80s, so he probably personally wants to put in retro 80s characters because he likes them. Not every character has to be characters the fans want. He can put in some characters that he wants, too.

Shroob

Sup?
Okay everyone!

Good luck!

D

Deleted member

Okay everyone!

I love that you're doing these arts so much.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Okay everyone!

thank you smashboards sakurai

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait for tomorrow to make absolutely no progression at the end of the day either!

I just want a direct soon, my hunger for information has grown thanks to this leak...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This is my current prediction. It's fake but got this right:

Isaac
Geno
Shadow
Ken
Mach Rider

I only lean towards Mach Rider being a part of team real because of the action figure that Sakurai purchased for it's gun matching 1:1 with Mach Rider's gun.

I'm remaining neutral on Incineroar's chances however. We'll cross that road when we get there.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Okay everyone!

I'll probably miss it amongst the sea of posts so can I request being tagged in the post?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
WOW, RANDOM CREDIBLE INSIDER #20388 SAYS LEAK IS FAKE AND A HOAX AND HAS APPARENT EVIDENCE CAUSE MUH SOURCES.

Give me a ******* break.
At least it's consistent in a list.

Okay everyone!

Yeesh, what are you gonna do next, commissions? :061: Everyone's gonna beg for it at this point.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Any character that looks goofy as **** and isn't a main character from a flagship franchise is a joke character to me. Anyway, the point is that Isaac is still more realizable.

One of Sakurai's stated reasons for not having Zelda be based on her Breath of the Wild incarnation was that she "is more into research than fighting." Therefore, whether a character is realizable as a fighter does seem to matter to Sakurai on some base level.
Isaac is easier to make I guess? About Zelda, they likely didn't give her her botw design because it wouldn't work with her existing moveset. Hell, is Zelda really ever into fighting?

Shroob

Sup?
A big thing that will help determine whether this leak is legit or not will actually BE the Direct announcement.

If the final Smash Direct is like, 30 minutes~. I have a very hard time imagining them shoving in 5 newcomer trailers if each take roughly 2-2:30 minutes.

That would be over 1/3rd of the Direct's runtime.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I have realized this. Some leakers like Vergeben are being told of characters until Ken and incineroar.

While some leakers are told of the full roster.

That's why we are hearing from 2 groups of people.

I suspect Incineroar is in the base roster, but he is a Switch Online free DLC

Potato_

Smash Lord
Okay everyone!

Can't wait to see what you've made! Take your time.

Sakurai is a 70s baby, and probably played a lot of games from the 70s and 80s, so he probably personally wants to put in retro 80s characters because he likes them. Not every character has to be characters the fans want. He can put in some characters that he wants, too.
Of course he can put whoever he wants. He made the game. However, there's also the possibility that he doesn't include the retro rep.

My point was that it's not the certainty everyone thinks it is.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
I could not conceivably give one singular **** less about this "Mystic" guy or whatever he has to say. Why is he not just another talking head on the Internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom