• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Considering how pushy people are being torwards Gamexplain, i feel like it's more reasonable to think they just don't want to attract problematic responses to their channel right now. Like seriously, even if they went ahead and made a discussion, at this point people would either keep being negative torwards them if they keep their stance on it being fake, or accuse them of hiding something.
I keep seeing people here who jump into this bandwagon of GX hate, despite the fact they've done nothing wrong, just because "muh leak".
I want the leak to be real as much as most people here but this attitude is not acceptable, not torwards GX or any insider.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I really hope that we get a Direct announcement soon - I feel like some people are getting pretty close to the Pepe Silvia scene from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, with papers taped to the walls linked together by tacks and string that are covered in writing in an attempt to figure out if this is real or fake.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
So if the leak is fake, which characters do we expect to fill in the rest of the roster? (and it's ok to not put Dixie hehe)

Potato_

Smash Lord
23 ccs of Fentanyl simulates a cardiac arrest that looks completely natural.

this is a joke plz no ban
Jesus. Not even gonna ask how you know that so specifically.

Dee for life tho.

I don't think there's damage control going on but I do think there's two different sets of info out there.
Problem with GameXplain is that they seems to have really gotten invested in their version.

It's had to say what's what anymore. Been that way for days.
Well, it's GXP's decision not to cover it and, for now, that's their business.
And I really don't blame them for committing to their side so much. The other side just seems to be papaGenos and his insider, who has only shown their face now and is therefore unproven.

Meanwhile GX's source gave them both Ridley and Isabelle completely right AT LEAST. They might know even more we just haven't heard about. Jon's specificity with the September direct was certainly eye opening.

Last edited:

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
The ONLY thing making me believe the “Green Pixel = Isaac” thing is that if they used the wrong Image when uploading and used the one that had Isaac in it for Mac’s slide, as a few others have pointed out. And if the leak is fake, then it was just the compression.

Last edited:

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I'm not in Denial, actually I want Isaac, Geno and all of those characters make a perfect roster.
Then go ahead, explain my why Lucina's Arms is broken then? It's literally just Jpeg compression.
I didn't deny that Lucina's arm is broken????

Untouch

Smash Master
What do people want GameXplain to do?
If they say it's fake they just get attacked again.
You don't want them to make videos you want them to say it's real.

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
Well since we seem to have hit a bit of a dull conclusion for the time being, after today my belief of it being real has only been strengthened. This supposed leaker would have to be the luckiest person in the world to have things like a spot on 4chan post from almost a month before, an item leak possibly hinting at Isaac, and the deletion of the video. There are simply too many elements out of their control that aligns with what they're saying for me to deem them fake.

khfan93

Smash Cadet
I couldn't find any mention of this - sorry if this has already been mentioned.

While I still think it could be real or fake, I would point out that Peer Schneider, co-founder of IGN, said on their Nintendo Voice Chat podcast that he believes the leak. Since he is the co-founder and regularly on this podcast, one could reasonably assume that if the full roster had been officially shared with gaming news media at this point, he would know. If he knew definitively the final game roster, he would likely not comment on the status of the leak. Therefore, while it is possible that insiders have information that proves this leak false that they aren't allowed to share, it is far more likely that they are as in the dark as the rest of us and any 'sources' they have may not be giving them accurate information.

With that being said, I think people are way overthinking this at this point. We'll certainly have a direct at some point during the month of November. Let's just sit back and wait and see what happens. No need to dedicate your life to "proving" that this is real, when ultimately the only thing that matters is what is really in the final game.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If they're just trying to get away from negative comments on their channel then they should probably delete their channel. It's Youtube. Have you read the comments section on Youtube?

They have a reason for not discussing the leak. Either because they know it's real and just don't want to potentially lose their growing connection with Nintendo or an even equally likely scenario that they know it's fake and it's because they have knowledge of what is really coming.

Either way a Youtube channel that makes a clickbait video about every little thing Nintendo doing the bare mininum to discuss the biggest leak/rumor we've had for Smash Ultimate is strange no matter what way you cut it.

Last edited:

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
So i created a new meme like my one from yesterday and adjusted it to current events
2l6ryq.jpg

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
So if the leak is fake, which characters do we expect to fill in the rest of the roster? (and it's ok to not put Dixie hehe)
IF the leak is somehow fake, I expect Ken, Incineroar, and Sora/Geno/Dragon Quest Rep (one of the three) - nothing more. I do however still expect 5 more stages.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I don't like the words in my mouth my dude. I just want consistency and they're objectively acting weird on this leak

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
You are referring to two completely separate types of compression under two completely different contexts. Also you're committing the fallacy of assuming that all people of the opposing viewpoint are using uniform arguments. I don't support the "compression" argument for the background or for this.

Multiple people observed the site glitch out that way. Unless you're implying that the dude who took that original screenshot of the glitched site that multiple people recall having happened introduced a single green pixel so that two months later he could use it to support a leak, I don't think the authenticity of it is in question.

Not to mention you're making the strange and heavily flawed implication that they can't simply remove an image from the public server once they realize it's no longer going to be used?
Show me evidence that multiple people saw the site glitch out. Not word of mouth. If multiple people saw this, surely multiple people screenshot it.

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
The ONLY thing making me believe the “Green Pixel = Isaac” thing is that if they used the wrong Image when uploading and used the one that had Isaac in it for Mac’s slide, as a few others have pointed out. And if the leak is fake, then it was just the compression.
Even if the leak is true i still think that was just jpeg color bleeding. Usually website assets are low-res so that they'll load faster on all device

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
I think the problem is they didn’t extensively cover the leak when they’ve covered many less believable leaks in the past

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I really hope that we get a Direct announcement soon - I feel like some people are getting pretty close to the Pepe Silvia scene from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, with papers taped to the walls linked together by tacks and string that are covered in writing in an attempt to figure out if this is real or fake.
Oh man. We're already running out of pop culture references to parody.
For context, that reference has been used multiple times already.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
We want a video that actually anaylizes it, not a quick 2 minute video that comes down to "it's fake cause its blurry"

LetterO

Smash Lord
OK FELLAS I DID A FIND.

banjo!.png

The weird line occurs in the middle of Link's shield, which is also where Banjo's render begins.

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
**** guys, I heard that if the leak is real someome from GameXplain will sit in a puddle of water

That's such a huge sacrifice, imagine the horrible things that could go wrong with that. Not that it would be extra material for a video of course, they have nothing to gain from that except possibility of a viral video, money, and protecting their connection with a publisher

Mikeline

Smash Rookie
People dislike them because they made a 3 minute video dismissing it, when they make 30 minute videos on pretty much everything, and then Jon started acting smug and condescending.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I’m still 50/50 lean toward real

Come on Nintendo please show us character 69 or a echo to end this leak speculation already

Then we can compare the banner if we get one from it.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It's the same with all the other insiders really.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So i created a new meme like my one from yesterday and adjusted it to current events
View attachment 173068
Dude I think you need to chill. I don't think it's as black and white as you're making it. People want GameXPlain to talk about this, because the more eyes and the more analysis we have on this? The more it's likely that someone will find something that definitely tips it one way or another.

They're one of the biggest sources of analysis for Nintendo on Youtube, so people wanting them to discuss this and them outright not doing so is strange and that's all people are really noticing. It's not ''MUH LEAK PROVE IT REAL GAMEXPLAIN." like you think it is.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
1 week guys. 1 more week and we'll be in direct territory.

Please, for the love of Sakurai, can we try to keep it together for 1 more week?
I would have thought that the Smash Direct is happening this week. Like on the 1st of the month before the Nintendo Live.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
Show me evidence that multiple people saw the site glitch out. Not word of mouth. If multiple people saw this, surely multiple people screenshot it.
I saw it when I went there after the Direct cause I was trying to see Isabelle’s portrait(didn’t know they posted it on twitter) then I saw the broken Mac and thought “lol they better fix that” didn’t screenshot it though.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
So im gone for the day, i come back and all the sites are on fire: gamefaqs. smashboards, 4chan...

This absolute cluster**** wont stop at all until the direct, so many anomalies are going on .

Potato_

Smash Lord
People want them to either say it's real, or say it's fake and give away why they think so.

The problem with that is that if they're so certain its fake, it's clearly because they have inside info they can't disclose and won't, because disclosing so would be a betrayal to that source. Therefore expecting them to open up about that is completely unreasonable.

Untouch

Smash Master
I saw it when I went there after the Direct cause I was trying to see Isabelle’s portrait(didn’t know they posted it on twitter) then I saw the broken Mac and thought “lol they better fix that” didn’t screenshot it though.
Yeah, that was real, it was caused by them not updating one of the chunks.
The green pixels on little mac though has never been proven right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom