• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Okay i'll come clean, I have a bias.

I can't trust people that wear winter hats in summer or fall.

I see it as a sign of poor judgement.
I have to wear my beanie tuque a certain number of days during the year or they revoke my hipster card. And you have to listen to a lot of Joy Division and The Smiths to get it back, let me tell you.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Leak 1.png
For all the people who are claiming that it is some sort of overhead display (which I originally thought) the two parts I highlighted are part of the wristband where the arrow goes into the slit, I'm not sure if this is done with the over head display as well though. There also seems to be some clear plastic where the arrow is I dunno what that is about.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seriously, what heckie happened to this thread while I was gone.

I turn my back for an hour or two and y'all start talking about..."stuff".

...Here, take a wholesome image to purify the thread. It's even fitting for the season!:

Dp3jOn0UwAIkwJK.jpeg

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
WELL.

What do you guys hope will be the music track this coming week?
A Sonic remix, we still only really have the Angel Island remix from brawl being a true Sonic Smash remix, although I wouldn't say no to more just straight music rips, I'd really like to hear some other composers take a crack at Sonic tunes with their own spin.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Seriously, what heckie happened to this thread while I was gone.

I turn my back for an hour or two and y'all start talking about..."stuff".

...Here, take a wholesome image to purify the thread. It's even fitting for the season!:

Oh, a purification ceremony? Don't mind if I do...

Pakky

Smash Hero
Lots and lots of fan art of Steve getting sucked up the Grinch's butt.
Ah yes, the beast emerges to terrorize the land once again.

Hide in the bunker everyone, this too shall pass, there are pizza rolls in the oven.

bountyhunta87

Smash Cadet
Knealing with left knee on ground, right arm over right knee towards plants below. Something along that line.
I mean yeah sure it looks that way but the right leg seems soo wierd, like the knee is not in the right place, the tigh looks skinny compared with the other one.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
No, it means nothing. Grant doesn't own the music, Rare does. He would likely have no clue if his music's being used, the same as Gregg Mayles wouldn't know about King K Rool (though for different reasons). The closest thing we have to speculate about is Steve Mayles, who's avoiding the potential leak, but his avoidance could just be not knowing if it's real or not rather than knowing from his brother, who does work at Rare.
I meant that he's not composing anything new himself for Ultimate. They could just be using the old music or have someone else doing remixes, but I'd be very surprised if they put Banjo-Kazooie in and Kirkhope didn't even do one new song.

WRONG! There were chairs in the room behind Sakurai in the Direct, then the next character revealed was a character who had a whole game about home decorating!

coincidenceithinknot.jpg
Also, Sakurai is a gamer, and the new character was from a game where you live in a society.

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
We've known for a while that Kirkhope has no involvement with the game, and I'm surprised it wasn't immediately brought up, as it's a big strike against Banjo. Kirkhope not coming in for K. Rool's music is one thing, since there are a lot of other DK games without his music and DK was in the series long before K. Rool was, but to have Banjo in the game with no Kirkhope compositions would be absurd. If Grant isn't involved with the game, then I don't think Banjo is in.

Isabelle, easily. Though, I'd prefer Cloud so I could annoy him with my Kingdom Hearts/Sora in Smash questions.
The same way Steve Mayles created K Rool but didn’t know he was in Ultimate

Companies own these characters, not individual people. They can still use/remix all the old Banjo songs without Kirkhope. They’ve done it plenty of times already in Smash and other games like Donkey Kong Country Returns which remixed a ton of the old music even though David Wise wasn’t involved with it. Kirkhope doesn’t even work for Rare anymore. He has no business knowing what they’re up to these days.

Also Kirkhope only composed DK64. He didn’t have anything to do with the DKC games

osby

Smash Obsessed
I predict that it'll be a song from a video game.
Can't you at least try to make realistic predictions that have a chance of happening? We'll obviously get a remix from Zelda CD-i made by Akira Yamaoka.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I understand where you're coming from. For me, I can't trust adults who refuse to eat their vegetables. It's one thing to be a kid and not like them, but if you're an adult, there are no excuses.
My brother and I live together now, and I usually cook for us.

It kills me that I have to be his mother and remind him to eat his vegetable sides.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****, just arrived home and there are 60 new pages.

What the **** is going on ?

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I like this statement. I'll say this: We're better than this. Lets leave it at that.
We seem to be disregarding DLC during all of this discussion. So here are some DLC questions:
  • Who do you want to see as DLC?
  • Who do you think is likely as DLC?
  • How do you think DLC will be structured?
  • Do you think they'll host another ballot?
  • How would your character work as DLC?
  • Who do you think the first DLC character will be? What about the second? The third?
  • How many characters total do you think we'll get? How long do you think the game will be supported?
  • What about DLC stages, music, items, and modes?
  • Will Mii Costumes return? If so, will we get new ones?
Here are some other prompts:
  • Who do you think will be high tier in this game?
  • Similarly, who do you think will be high tier from the newcomers?
  • Come up with a trailer for your most-wanted character
  • Literally anything other than the Grinch Leak or Box Theory
  • Who do you want to see as DLC?
Ashley and Skull Kid. Ray-Man maybe?
  • Who do you think is likely as DLC?
Sora, Waluigi, Rex & Pyra, Spring-Man.
  • How do you think DLC will be structured?
Bundles or waves kind of like DBFZ. We'll get two characters and an echo fighter at a time, sort of thing.
  • Who do you think the first DLC character will be? What about the second? The third?
Sora. I think that fan demand is going to get Waluigi in this game like Mewtwo in 4.
  • How many characters total do you think we'll get? How long do you think the game will be supported?
100 including echo fighters. The entire Switch's lifespan.
  • What about DLC stages, music, items, and modes?
Stages and music yes. Items and modes no.
  • Will Mii Costumes return? If so, will we get new ones?
Probably and probably

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
This Grant Kirkhope tweet thing is ridiculous. There aren't any English language composers contributing to the Smash soundtrack, that's literally all there is to it. They'll take old songs if they need them.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Can't you at least try to make realistic predictions that have a chance of happening? We'll obviously get a remix from Zelda CD-i made by Akira Yamaoka.
Dear God. What song would he remix? The ****ty one? Or the ****tier one?

If I remember right the game only had like two songs.

EDIT: Assuming you meant Zelda's Adventure. I forgot the other two actually had soundtracks.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Oh boy I can't wait to listen to some Dodongos.

Real talk the CD-I Zelda OSTs are actually pretty decent, I wouldn't mind that lmao

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
So, no Wii Fit remix then?
Wii Fit is an Exergame. I think it still counts an video game, since it's actually interactive.

EDIT: And weirdly enough, it already received a pretty good remix of "Training Menu".

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
You're a fool if you don't.

They're both snarky feathery side-kicks to the nice furry main characters, it's a match in heaven!
One is a nudist though...

Wait does she bring the backpack to bed...

These are the questions that keep me awake at night.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Welp, I said I would do it.

I said I'd digitize it. Noipoi Noipoi

Originally sketched by ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos and all I did was make a somewhat cleaner and colored version in Adobe Illustrator.
and I'm gonna guess the Yoshi is meant to be Zinith Zinith

Edit:
So I decided to be the first one to draw fanart of the Smashboards Anime (Noipoi's poster is official material, don't @ me)

Zinith Zinith and Noipoi Noipoi embark on a rescue mission to save Incineroar from the grasps of the evil Chadnondorf but they get a little lost. Will they succeed? I dunno.

I took my sweet time on this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom