• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I really hate "pls analyze the whole thing instead of the banmer". That's not really how it works, if one thing is fake, the whole thing is fake, I don't need to analyze the whole thing if there's no need to.
If one thing is real, then we know that he has access to inside materials. And if he has access to inside materials, why would he fake something when he can just leak the real thing? This is why we need to take everything into account.

Potato_

Smash Lord
You know, that text leak that matches up with the banner characters didn't mention Dee or Skull Kid at all...

Not as AT's, bosses, nothing....

And now Spawn Wave is saying he knows the banner is missing something, and other insiders are saying they're unsure on the banner cause it conflicts with stuff they know.

lord please save my skully and spear bois

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
I really hate "pls analyze the whole thing instead of the banmer". That's not really how it works, if one thing is fake, the whole thing is fake, I don't need to analyze the whole thing if there's no need to.
That's not how wholistic analysis of presented material works.

It's also the same line of thinking that gave us Little Shulk.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
That "one thing" isn't fake though. It's a flaw. A flaw that has reasonable doubt, but not outright deconfirmation in any way.

Plenty of explanations for it but you just keep sticking to it like glue. In a pretty obnoxiously snide way, might I add. So don't go getting upsetti when people tell you to look at the bigger picture.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
So, is the story the French guy thought it'd be funny to leak the whole roster, but forgot to blurt his name out well like an idiot?

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Alright, so I'll help you out. Here has been Spawn Wave's streak, then. To point out, he also knew about all of Nintendo's fall-line up in various multiple videos, but I can't for the life of me find one with his daily uploads, but here's a few highlights.

December 17th, 2017 - He put out a video marking out the rumors of Atlus' Catherine series making a return. Turns out, that was real with Catherine: Full Body.
https://youtu.be/PilH68rDHCY

June 28th, 2018 - He put out a video marking out the rumors of Google dipping their toes into the gaming industry and cloud-based technology. That ended up being true MONTHS later with Project Steam, a prospect where you can play games like Assassin's Creed Odyssey on your Google Chrome browser.
https://youtu.be/YB3WQLTDHcg

August 16th, 2018 - He put out a video marking out the rise of all the rumors about a port of New Super Mario Bros. U. The thing is, he knew about all of this before people like Liam Robertson did. Turns out, that was real with New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe.
https://youtu.be/mq9pLaLIZbQ

August 23rd / 24th, 2018 - He put out back to back videos marking out the Smash Ultimate Switch Bundle being leaked out on a French website. Of course, this was confirmed in this year's September Direct. Then, another video pointing out the rumors of Xbox selling their customers Xbox Ones like how you contract your phones. That ended up being real, too.
https://youtu.be/dFhdRljGwD0
https://youtu.be/Scdjx-a_esE

September 3rd, 2018 - He put out a video marking out the rumors of an early Nintendo Direct in September. This was very much confirmed during one of his SpawnCast broadcasts when someone hinted at it, and turns out, that ended up being real.
https://youtu.be/YP4ku2f4qVg

With having a really good credibility status, was this any help at all? Because you can't ignore all the evidence because "it's a YouTuber".
Posting this now in case nobody wants to look back OVER 9000 posts ago.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Bless you. And add to this Trine 4 being announced tonight like they rumored and we can be sure they have some source somehow
Will you help me pull myself together if sanctuary starts playing in a Smash direct ?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So, is the story the French guy thought it'd be funny to leak the whole roster, but forgot to blurt his name out well like an idiot?
Basically. He tried to blur out his name, but left the tops of all the letters uncovered, so it didn't take a master detective to find out what his name is.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I am gonna repost this post from a few pages ago since this thread ran so fast and was probably missed by the time I posted this. Anyway...

I am wondering about this leak, particularly Banjo-Kazooie being in it. I have heard some people in the past bring up that unlike other third party characters, Banjo-Kazooie would take a lot of work to get in since they are owned by a 1st party competitor, even if Phil Spencer said it was okay. Apparently, it would be lots of work, if I read it correctly, and I mean lots of work. Now, don't get me wrong, I am not denying this leak, nor am I denying Banjo-Kazooie being in. The question I want to ask is if this leak turns out true, do you guys think Sakurai was really willing to go through all that effort to include Banjo-Kazooie in the game if it took that much work? Do you guys think he was okay with that? If the work for doing that was hard, I can truly imagine him saying "Never ask me for anything ever again." Just a thought I wanted to ask about, like I said, not denying the leak or Banjo-Kazooie.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Posting this again just in case:

These are cracks in the clouds with Luigi’s Green Missle smoke at the bottom.

Empty banner shows the same shapes.

Potato_

Smash Lord
That's not how wholistic analysis of presented material works.

It's also the same line of thinking that gave us Little Shulk.
Well I get his point.

If he can get one foolproof piece of evidence that disproves the banner, then the rest of it comes into question as well.

Or the Grinch renders, if those are bull**** then the dude's story about working on marketing also becomes shady.

Kind of like with Sassy Geno, it got posted with the obviously fake Banjo so it made people very doubtful of it.

D

Deleted member

I think this is actually an old render, as the video is more detailed
I’ll wait for the movie premiere, then. The post credits scene will be a Smash trailer, which also doubles as a teaser for Illumination’s Mario movie.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Man, poor Sakurai...
All he wants to do is surprise us and his work always gets leaked because someone wanted fifteen minutes of fame...

Assuming this is real of course, which I don't believe.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
That's entirely how it works. No one is currently capable of proving it wholly fake or wholly true. There are multiple factors that lend credence to either opinion, which all have varying weight. Analyzing the whole helps people to avoid spending 20 minutes analyzing pixels of a cloud without the foreknowledge that there's also a never-before-seen image of Big Battlefield, and provides context that stops the repeated "why is the image so blurry?", "why is there a tear in the image?", etc.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Okay, so what's the upper limit for characters via the Blog Theory? With 7 here, and at least two more being implicated by Spawn Wave, that's 9. I thought the upper limit was 8, is it higher?

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
If this leak is real man DLC is just...thrown for an absolute loop.

Very few "Ballot front-runners" remain.
So we could get
-Rayman
-Crash
-Shantae
-Spring Man
-Dixie Kong
-Xenoblade Rep
-Gen 8 Pokemon
(IF, and I mean a big IF, assist trophies can be made playable, Waluigi)
Also throw in a couple more echoes just for bonus like Octoling, Ninten, Black Knight, or Ms. Pac-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom