• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainMac

Smash Cadet
I’m going to believe it’s fake until proof it’s real. Don’t want to be disappointed. I wanted Incineroar, but would be really satisfied with this roster if it turns out to be real.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
The only problem i see is that the leak is one character short, and im not even sure if that disproves it.
Kinda wild.

Some insider folk are "implying" this is fake while other insider folk are "implying" there's more beyond this (well mostly just SpawnWave, I haven't seen anyone else say there's more beyond this.)
Ok am I the only one who read Spawn Wave's tweet as, it's probably fake because it doesn't have a character I know about??? Like ok if you don't believe him, but I didn't read his as "We will definitely be getting all of the "leaked" characters, Incineroar and more!!!" Yet everyone is viewing it that way :/

Also regarding the VGA annoucnement...not sure if this was considered already but it has to be dlc. The game will already be out in Japan and other Eastern countries/Europe.

D

Deleted member

My gay ******* son as an echooooo. btw look up Banjo Ryuga Shish

Alexa play Let's Go Rider Kick, we're going on a road trip
He looks like that one guy that does some stupid **** but his friends still put up with him because he's their idiot
I have an idea guys.
You know how everyone's really divided right now?

This sounds like the perfect time for a class trial.
Oh by the way, I found a body.
Is this the real life
Or is this just fantasy
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the sky and see
It is just a leak
Just how real could it be
Because it's easy come, easy go
Little real, little no
Anyway this leak goes
Doesn't really matter to me...
To me...

Sorry, but it had to be done.
Uh, let's go
Sakurai walks warily down the street
With his brim pulled way down low
Ain't no sound but the sound of the Smash theme
Leaks ready to go
Are you ready, hey, are you ready for this?
Are you hanging on the edge of your seat?
Out of the doorway the images leak
To the sound of the beat, yeah

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Where is everyone pulling this from I just got here
What happened???
There is a leak that is 100% proven fake but people still believe in it.
The point is that the background in the leak and the background in the official picture don't match, and if you look closely at the clouds you can see that they have been deformed.
This is just pointless extra work if you have the template of the background, and since Nintendo has the template of the background, this leak is fake because they would never edit the clouds or anything for no reason if they already have the asset ready.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I feel like I have such a hard time being willing to buy this because holy cow is it wishlisty. Like, super wishlisty.

One thing I don't think anyone's considered is perhaps he simply fabricated these images at home, and then brought them into work so he could take the video there to help it's credibility? Not sure how plausible that is, but it certainly seems like something that could happen IMO.
My knee-jerk response to leak was exactly this. Then I remembered I said the same thing before K.Rool's reveal.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Ok, so if this is real and Geno is in the game. Please pay your dues and hop on the Paper Mario bandwagon for DLC.

We have Tasty Tonics and the finest Whacka's Bump in the land.

Please.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I am wondering about this leak, particularly Banjo-Kazooie being in it. I have heard some people in the past bring up that unlike other third party characters, Banjo-Kazooie would take a lot of work to get in since they are owned by a 1st party competitor, even if Phil Spencer said it was okay. Apparently, it would be lots of work, if I read it correctly, and I mean lots of work. Now, don't get me wrong, I am not denying this leak, nor am I denying Banjo-Kazooie being in. The question I want to ask is if this leak turns out true, do you guys think Sakurai was really willing to go through all that effort to include Banjo-Kazooie in the game if it took that much work? Do you guys think he was okay with that? If the work for doing that was hard, I can truly imagine him saying "Never ask me for anything ever again." Just a thought I wanted to ask about, like I said, not denying the leak or Banjo-Kazooie.

D

Deleted member

Crash Bandicoot deserves a spot as DLC:

-Fantastic sales since the release of N Sane on both software and merchandising.

-Activision interested on seeing him in Smash

-Nintendo and Activision/Blizzard showcasing a great relationship since the Switch released.

-Fan demand

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Welp.
I tried to avoid this leak, wanting to be suprised, and respect Sakurai’s wishes...

But I ultimately (heh) gave in....*sigh*

All I can say for now is that I would be very happy and satisfied with this newcomer line-up.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Gonna bail out til the next direct, if it gets proven to be real before then I'd rather not know for sure, and if it is debunked then I'd rather not be around when the boards turns back into Box.com. See yous after the next Direct. Whenever that may be..

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
Ok, so if this is real and Geno is in the game. Please pay your dues and hop on the Paper Mario bandwagon for DLC.

Please.
Trust me, a good portion of Geno fans are already planning on it.

D

Deleted member

Wonder if someone Save the video.....
Doesn't seem to be the case, and from what I understand, it was a privately shared video, not public. It's not exactly easy to save videos off Snapchat considering the whole point of the app is uploading videos that disappear forever after a few hours. If you could DL them, that would defeat the purpose.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I'm leaning towards real for several reasons. Also Incineroar is probably just another Chrom/ChorusKids case, he'll probably be dlc (I hope).

Also you people talk way too much lol.

D

Deleted member

I'm team real.
what's everyone else?

Also did you discuss the text leak that named all of these characters a few months back?

Treating this the same as the box. It's got good points, but none of it is ironclad proof. I'm gonna wait and see.

D

Deleted member

I’m still team Grinch. We gotta wait and see if that Grinch render is legit.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I really hate "pls analyze the whole thing instead of the banmer". That's not really how it works, if one thing is fake, the whole thing is fake, I don't need to analyze the whole thing if there's no need to.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Please.
Come here and shake my hand.

Believe it or not Paper Mario's still my #1, though I'll be pretty quenched with all we're getting if this leak is real. I'll be pretty damn sad if PM doesn't make DLC, as he's one of the few frontrunners not present at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom