• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
There is a possibility for this Banner, Vergeben, and whoever it is leaking Sora to all be right.

The next Smash Direct reveals the banner characters, Incineroar was probably not finished yet and will be announced as DLC which makes sense giving that pokemon is the money maker, or possibly given a solo reveal some other way (pokemon direct?), And sora being revealed at the Dorito Awards as ether base game to get day before release hype or as a Mewtwo DLC deal would be a smart move. Plus thatd make 7 newcomers? more than two...
"INCINEROAR WAS PROBABLY NOT FINISHED YET"
THERE IS A MONTH UNTIL RELEASE

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
There is proof beyond art and renders. The leak links back to the leakers workplace and it's all legit. That isn't fake. And if it isn't fake, the leak practically real because he took pictures of real company assets. You dont fake those, you cant.
Part of me feels like being a devils advocate. But, I do not deny the amount of evidence for it.
But I still am going to be reserved on my assumptions.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Oh. And I guess Spawn-Wave was right in another things since Trine 4 got Announced and it was something they rumored I think.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
its a BIG BIG BANNER you need some ""BLEED" if you want to put them correctly.
so having 2 luigi head is nothing fake. its hard to put 3 big part of 1 big job on the wall

Untouch

Smash Master
https://youtu.be/NJzbEpDQdjI?t=358

This is where SpawnWave talked about The Game Awards.
He did post this after The One I Should Not Name so I don't know he's getting it from them.
He says he doesn't know who it is though, if he doesn't know I think he would assume it's Geno.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ill say this one more time for your convenience. It's not just the art (which if you look closer, has a look more work than you think for a faker could reasonably do), the whole leakers background was revealed. He legitimately worked for a advertisement company and took pictures of assets.
Im skeptical too, but this game is including several highly requested chars(simon, ridley, k rool), so that's not a valid point against the leak, in my opinion.
Good points, very good points. But i'm still not hopping on the real train. Even if it's got my boy Geno (but no Incineroar :() i'm not hopping on the real train.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
I don't get it, Spawn Wave implied sora is in? I understood something completely different from his tweet... can someone explain it to me?

SonicMario

Smash Master
Why people says that shadow is going to be a clone? He can do so muchas bull**** whit the chaos control
Also,yes,is weird that tails doesn't even appear as an assist trophy,maybe is because he appear in the GHZ stage,i do not know
In the case this leak is true

We have 7 characters... And Ken is still the ONLY echo left?

Yeah, sorry. Ken and Shadow are the final echoes in this scenario.

And Knuckles appears as an assist despite also being in the background. Not strong enough to discount Tails, especially in DLC.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
I buy this leak.

There's just too much effort that would be required to fake it, like... ridiculous amounts of effort, and the fact that there's NOTHING that can prove it fake makes me believe it even more.

This is JUST like the ESRB leak from Sm4sh. Nothing definitively could disprove it, everything trying to go against it was grasping at straws. "Shulk is just edited Little Mac.", "Mr. G&W's hand is overlapping into Wario's frame", "Dark Pit was deconfirmed in Palutena trailer.", "Duck Hunt and Ness's portraits look off.", etc...

Definitely a real leak, no doubt in my mind. Whether it's the FULL roster or not is tbd obviously, however, I'm going to assume it is. Everyone's main counterargument for this leak I've seen so far is "Sakurai said there was a few before Isabelle. 6 newcomers and 2 echoes is more than a few." Everyone's definition of 'few' varies, and Sakurai is quite the tease. He's been clearly setting our expectations low so there's no backlash like with Sm4sh's roster.(So much complaining about Dark Pit, Duck Hunt, Dr. Mario, and Lucina, the lack of vet characters like Lucas, Wolf, Mewtwo, etc...)

Frankly? B&K, Isaac, Shadow, Ken, Mach Rider, Geno, and Chorus Kids are phenomenal and sensible choices!(Incoming mini-rant bout why they deserve their spots)
B&K: Highly requested. Once was a Nintendo character and was planned for Smash previously.(Was it Melee or 64? Don't remember.) Plus, Microsoft and Nintendo are on GREAT terms right now. Perfect opportunity.

Isaac: Probably the MOST demanded character after Ridley and K. Rool. So much fan-service in the game already, why not add in a pick that has been demanded since the Brawl era?

Shadow: Easy echo for Sonic, and with Richter and Ken(even if this were fake, he's still in) being Echoes for Simon and Ryu, why wouldn't they give their most iconic third party another character? Shadow is the easiest to do and coincidentally enough, is one of the most popular Sonic characters.

Ken: Do I need to say anything?

Mach Rider: The 'Retro pick' for this game. We know Sakurai includes these oldies because he doesn't want to ignore the classics despite them being outdated and irrelevant due to age and lack of further installments. Some of the Retro characters also bring in little gimmicks to their movesets as well. Mach Rider makes perfect sense for a retro pick, as his game was received very well back in the day and still has high ratings here in the present, as well as being able to bring in a gimmick himself with his bike.

Geno: I mean, we all know Sakurai wants Geno in this game. We all know how widespread his fanbase is. With SquEnix actually cooperating more, it makes total sense he'd make the cut.

Chorus Kids: Rhythm Heaven is HUGE in Japan and was supposed to receive rep in Sm4sh.(Thanks datamining!) The popularity of Chorus Kids dramatically increased with the infamous Gematsu Leak and with them not making the cut, everyone was left disappointed and upset, but... then came the ballot. Chorus Kids undoubtedly did well there, and that likely pushed Sakurai into bringing them back into the game plan for Ultimate.

Everyone has been bringing up Incineroar and Vergeben since this has come out. Is Incineroar in the game? Is Vergeben getting bad information?

Well, we don't know. This could very well be the final roster, or it could just be simply missing Incineroar. We can't say for sure. Perhaps Incineroar is actually going to be early DLC or among the first of DLC? Maybe Vergeben just got this one totally wrong.

Regardless, this is possibly the BEST roster for any game in history. Even though I didn't get my number one want, this is easily shaping up to be the BEST game in history, and this is even before inevitable DLC!

Onua

Smash Journeyman
I cant believe Mach Rider came in and ended sexism and homophobia. She just exploded in on her mad max bike and saved smash from being dominated by men. What an icon

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Video games have post production cycles like movies do. Mostly last minute debugging, testing, and then printing.
I understand this but they have had the characters outlined for 3 years
You think they'd hold off on finishing Incineroar and have him miss the marketing, general hype cycle pre-release?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly the biggest point towards this leak is that I doubt this random French guy that posts on snapchat would be smart enough to fabricate such a complicated and well done leak like this. Especially considering he failed to even scribble out his own name.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
So if this leak does turn out to be true, it makes me feel frustrated with Nintendo for refusing to get ahead of the leaks and going an extended stretch with no information when there was apparently a ton left to reveal. They knew the information was out there and a leak became more likely every day but they chose to not reveal before it happened. I know I could have avoided leaks, but like most people it's almost impossible to resist the temptation once it's out there.

Untouch

Smash Master
In that video SpawnWave didn't mention Geno as a possible Square Enix rep, maybe he doesn't even know he's Square Enix.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
So if this leak does turn out to be true, it makes me feel frustrated with Nintendo for refusing to get ahead of the leaks and going an extended stretch with no information when there was apparently a ton left to reveal. They knew the information was out there and a leak became more likely every day but they chose to not reveal before it happened. I know I could have avoided leaks, but like most people it's almost impossible to resist the temptation once it's out there.
At least the green box mode is not leaked, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom