• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
If this leak somehow turns out to be real, which I seriously doubt, why Mach Rider and not Excitebiker? The latter got his own race course in Mario Kart 8, and Mach Rider didn't even originate as a video game character. It was originally a toy released in 1972.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, Smash made me grow to love Incineroar, so I'd be bummed if he's not here....

But this.....THIS IS....amazing.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyways going to bed. Talk more tomorrow.

Before I go though I'm certain tomorrow or a few days this will be announced fake.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If this leak somehow turns out to be real, which I seriously doubt, why Mach Rider and not Excitebiker? The latter got his own race course in Mario Kart 8, and Mach Rider didn't even originate as a video game character. It was originally a toy released in 1972.
1. Sakurai might've thought Mach Rider had more moveset potential.
2. Duck Hunt debuted as a toy as well.

Arti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Arti31415
3DS FC
2621-3001-2960
Mach Rider being a Falcon echo would make this slightly more plausible, but I really don't think we're getting that many newcomers confirmed in such a short span of time anyway

On the off chance it's real I'll lose my mind, though, especially if Mach Rider is unique

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
woah can I live in this reality plz
Same, I'm trying to be extra skeptical of this namely because I want it to be true so badly. The best way to limit our biases (we can never get rid of them completely) is being extra skeptical of the stuff we want to be true.

...it's really hard, though. :lol:

Pegg

Smash Rookie
Been lurking in this thread for a long long while, but this leak intrigued me enough to make an account to post this. I'm not the greatest at this kind of stuff, but I made an analysis of sorts based upon what I could make out.

If anyone else has any additional input, I'd love to hear it.

Personally, I'm unsure on this in general. Can only really hope that some other dude not on this image gets confirmed, or a character on this list is confirmed and has a different artwork. If someone pops up with an artwork from this "leak", then something sketchy is up. I do think some things look a bit off though, like some people looking really tiny or disproportionate relative to the other characters.

Wouldn't mind this being real though.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
woah can I live in this reality plz
Hey, N3ON. While you're here. Can you tell what the thing in front of Isaac might be? Cant quite make it out but it might be a Djinn.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
People in the 4chan thread apparently found the leaker's LinkedIn account, and it states that he's a graphic designer.

So take that as you will.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Mach Rider probably has more to work with, he (or she? still confused about that) has more than just a bike, but also the title of bounty hunter, a gun, and lives in a futuristic setting. Excitebike is definitely more iconic, but how much can you really do with a regular dude on a bike?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Then Mach Rider can join the likes of Duck Hunt.

Also Mach Rider is much cooler. Sci-fi person on bike with guns> motorbike racer.

zack4812

Smash Apprentice
It's funny how there's a Grinch in the corner of that leak and that this is in French. Quite fitting since Illumination Mac Guff is located in Paris and that's where they're producing the new film. Most likely a coincidence but something interesting to note.

Last edited:

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
Now they're saying on 4chan that the guy who leaked these works at a marketing company that lists Bandai Namco as one of their references. I dunno where they're getting that information exactly, but needless to say, if it's true then...oh boy

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Been lurking in this thread for a long long while, but this leak intrigued me enough to make an account to post this. I'm not the greatest at this kind of stuff, but I made an analysis of sorts based upon what I could make out.

Personally, I'm unsure on this in general. Can only really hope that some other dude not on this image gets confirmed, or a character on this list is confirmed and has a different artwork. If someone pops up with an artwork from this "leak", then something sketchy is up. I do think some things look a bit off though, like some people looking really tiny or disproportionate relative to the other characters.

Really great analysis, and really balanced. Similar to my take.

Also, when I saw the Banjo artwork, it reminded me of Smashified, though Kazooie I can't really find anywhere.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Pre-emptive thoughts if this real.

>Ken
Big duh.

>Shadow
Called it.

>Geno, Isaac, Banjo
The holy 5 are assembled. World peace is achieved.

>Mach Rider
papagenos papagenos gets a cookie. Scratch that, a bunch. I stopped believing in Mach Rider but he never did.

>Chorus Kids
Only fair, considering it seems they nearly made it into 4.

Also, pre-emptively pouring one out for Noipoi Noipoi and all the other Incineroar fans if this is legit.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
The guy is apparently a graphic designer that works for a company listing Bandai Namco as one of its references

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
If this leak actually turns out being real, then all I can say is...

Heck yeah, Isaac's in! Let's goooooooo!

...But that's only if it turns out being real.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Not that I buy this one just yet, but Isaac looks short because he's down on one knee.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So either doing this officialy for Nintendo or abusing graphic designer skills to make a fake leak.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
I can see both side sof its just clouds or its kosmos
but I feel like I see a visor and a pair of metal boobs that dont look like the clouds at all

D

Deleted member

Now they're saying on 4chan that the guy who leaked these works at a marketing company that lists Bandai Namco as one of their references. I dunno where they're getting that information exactly, but needless to say, if it's true then...oh boy
Sweet Jesus Lord in Heaven Almighty, it's about to get wild up in here if it's real.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
I'm leaning towards this being real with this leaker being a graphic designer, possibly working directly in marketing. Plus they're saying "**** Nintendo" in french.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hey, N3ON. While you're here. Can you tell what the thing in front of Isaac might be? Cant quite make it out but it might be a Djinn.
Djinni aren't typically that colour or shape so I'm thinking some really... weird... looking plant? Isaac's arm looks like its casting something so it could be related to that, but it looks kinda... off.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I'm really hoping this is real my dudes, I'm opening myself to the possibility of it being fake since we've had really high quality fake leaks before but man oh man if we get Isaac, Geno and Banjo in the base roster that would be incredible
How old is Isaac canonically btw? I know he's kneeling and not quite in the foreground, but he looks like a dwarf in that image.
Isaac is 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom