• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Character Analysis and In-Depth Personality Explanation

Before delving into the character and personality of Lucina, it’s important to re-visit what a ‘Character’ and ‘Personality’ actually are. A personality is the combination of characteristics or qualities that form an individual’s distinct character. Character is the culmination of one’s mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual. From this, we can gather that a person’s traits and quirks are what form their personality, and based on their personality, we can identify a ‘character’.

To start with Lucina, we’ll identify the most obvious aspect of her character first. As it runs in her family, Lucina shares a quality of stoicism and determination. Often this visualizes as a lack of exaggerated emotion outside of fear, anger, and motivation. Because of this, many people assume her character to be ‘flat’ and generic, as the metaphorical mask she wears clouds people’s views of her true character. With a little reading, however, far more traits and quirks sprout

Lucina is particularly mischievous and shows an air of immaturity when prompted by those she trusts and loves. This is seen in multiple occasions; she throws a sparring match against her father, claiming that Chrom “still has much to teach me” as an excuse to spend more time with him. When talking to Female Robin, she spends a plethora of time throwing wild, silly accusations about her pre-conceived notions regarding Robin and her father. So much so, that she becomes flustered. This particular exchange definitively highlights her silliness and susceptibility to flustering.

Avatar: Lucina, I appreciate you wanting to keep the Chrom of this age safe from...harm. But aren't you being overly protective? You suspect even his closest allies...

Lucina: And how do I know you're a true ally? Because of your say-so?

Avatar: Surely you can sense the trust and affection that we have for each other? Chrom and I would never risk our friendship for the sake of some romantic dalliance. When you're older, you'll learn that men and women can be just friends.

Lucina: Are you insinuating I'm naive?

Avatar: Oh, I'm not insinuating anything. I'm flat out saying it. You're acting like a silly, jealous child.

Lucina: Jealous? Is that what you said? So you DO have designs on him! You want him all for yourself, and I'm getting in your way!

Avatar: ARRRGH! Are you even listening?!

Lucina: Of course, I can understand why. Perhaps even forgive you. It's natural that you'd be attracted to such a gallant, wonderful man.

Avatar: Chrom's nice, I suppose, but I've never thought of him as gallant. ...Or wonderful.

Lucina: What are you saying? You don't think he's gallant?! You think he's just NICE? But you're with him all the time! How can you be so blind to his incredible charms?! How dare you not be attracted to him! It's beyond insulting! If you don't start falling for him soon, my true anger will show its face!

Avatar: Er, I thought you DIDN'T want me to fall in love with him.

Lucina: R-right! I do! ...But I don't. But... No, wait. I do. J-just stay away from him, harpy!

In addition, Lucina demonstrates a silliness comparable to Owain when altering Falchion’s name to “Pointy Demonspanker” in hopes of meeting her cousin’s approval.

With her silliness highlighted and acknowledged, we can now delve into her more dominant trait of excessive, almost naïve care, responsibility, and consideration. Indeed, stoicism may be a part of Lucina, but beneath that lies a very caring and responsible, yet ‘workaholic’-like woman. She often lets her duties dominate her everyday life; burdened by the goals of protecting her father, altering the future, meeting her crew’s expectations, saving lives and inspiring the people. These all weigh on her every day, yet she seldom broods about and optimistically goes out of her way to help. As seen in her conversations with Tiki and Brady, she will blindly go about her good deeds amidst her working mind in hopes of bonding and inspiring her troops. Despite this, many people note her susceptibility to over-working, her risk of injury and her risk of falling ill, and indeed, that is one of her character flaws.

Speaking of character flaws, Lucina does have her fair share. Often, main characters, especially those in JPRGS, fall subject to the ‘mary sue’ syndrome. Meaning, the character in question is always likeable, never fails, and is ludicrously overpowered.

With these key points in mind, let’s identify what keeps Lucina from being a Mary Sue. She, as stated above, is a workaholic, and often disregards her own health in order to help others. This is inherently fine, if not self-detrimental, but in various supports – such as Inigo – she exhibits frustration and pushes Inigo away, who is simply trying to help her. This behavior can clearly be seen as a culmination of stress and work boiling to a breaking point.

She also has her share of confidence and pride, if a bit subdued. She does not often display this trait, but a few notable scenarios make this clear. When speaking with Tiki and Kjelle, for example, she acknowledges and uses her strength to her advantage in order to prove her point or get her way. In the case of Tiki, she claims her strength, while unbefitting of her appearance, is more than capable of doing the tasks Tiki was unsure she was capable of. This demonstrates a bit of confidence, and she also boldly challenges Kjelle over a battle of morals. Never once does she doubt her capability against Kjelle, despite the daughter of Sully being one of the strongest warriors in the army.

Lucina also fails, in accordance to the story and against her goals. For all intents and purposes, anyway, SHE fails, even if the situation ultimately changes due to someone else’s influence. For example, she fails to save Chrom from Robin’s betrayal again, she fails to prevent the return of Grima, and she fails to protect Tiki in the Future Past scenario. Her character, too, is not universally accepted. Severa is a strong example of people not instantly fawning over her. In their Hot Springs conversation, Severa exhibits intense jealousy and distaste for Lucina, showing that she has not yet won over everyone’s hearts. In addition, while Tiki eventually warms to her and offers her elderly advice, there are hints of disapproval from the Manakete regarding Lucina’s audacity to claim Marth’s name, as well as her push to parade Tiki through the streets. Even though both are eventually quenched and resolved, this too proves that Lucina does not instantly win over people, as additionally evidenced by her internal dilemma of winning her people’s trust.

With all of this in mind, we can now fully identify Lucina’s character and personality. She is ambitious, charismatic, courageous, dependable, with a light streak of deviousness. She struggles to be gregarious and extroverted, has an air of naiveness, but is very intelligent, industrious, reliable, and sympathetic. While she may not be bubbly and optimistic, she aspires to be such and carries and intense care for her people. She often hides her silly, carefree, goofy side, but these too exist among her pantheon of personality traits.

As a character, Lucina is a person who puts others first. All her goals involve saving the lives of others, and going as far as neglecting her own health. She is an agreeable, understandable, and caring person, but she struggles with her inner doubt about the intensity of her aspirations. Beneath her stoic mask lies a fun-loving, carefree girl who also boasts a great work ethic and intense skill.

Put in another way, Lucina is very reminiscent of older FE characters. Whereas most of Awakening is defined by its’ colorful, outwardly archetypal and easily perceivable cast, Lucina lacks what some may call a “trope” at first glance. However, just like the best classic and contemporary FE characters, she has depth beneath the surface. She is childish, oblivious, naïve, but also incredibly scarred, stressed, and vigilant.

Below are some links to what I consider to be great instances of what I like about Lucina.

https://youtu.be/EjtbXxlRHYo?t=4m25s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgf5TLGvaB8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuAyF1pVLGk

https://kantopia.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/17translate.jpg?w=818&h=1253

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXIAicD65EA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLL0CfnbfLc

also, word of advice for ANY FE character in ANY FE game: look at their supports, I guarantee you they will always be better in their supports than in the story, OR the supports will elevate their story depictions to a higher level
Bottom line: Lucina is a good character and deserved none of the gendered insults directed at her during Smash For speculation.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
So lets play a game to pass the time.

Make a change to the game guaranteed to anger most of the community.

Here's mine: Tripping is back!
Only one more unique fighter is revealed and one echo fighter, and there is no DLC

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
1 they did Goku is a main character in fighter z and Shrek in several games of varying quality.
Cloud has only cameod in Nintendo games.

2 it was obviously a joke and arbitrary argument like that shouldn't be taken at face value. Obviously cloud is the game for his role in ab amazing game final fantasy 7

How many times do I have to say it's incredibly. obvious Shrek won't be in the game lol and I never said he will be in it.
Goku is the main character of most DBZ games, I don't get why FighterZ matter more.

And frankly, I can't tell whatever you are joking or being serious most of the time, which, if it was one off thing, I be fine with your posts, but most of your posts are really confusing in that regards. And some of the things you say make me really ask if you are actually just kidding or saying you are kidding after the fact.

So, sorry, but I'm going to put you on my ignore list, I think it's better for the both of us, have a good day sir.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
So lets play a game to pass the time.

Make a change to the game guaranteed to anger most of the community.

Here's mine: Tripping is back!
New mode is based in smash tour, and is required to unlock everyone.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Character Analysis and In-Depth Personality Explanation

Before delving into the character and personality of Lucina, it’s important to re-visit what a ‘Character’ and ‘Personality’ actually are. A personality is the combination of characteristics or qualities that form an individual’s distinct character. Character is the culmination of one’s mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual. From this, we can gather that a person’s traits and quirks are what form their personality, and based on their personality, we can identify a ‘character’.

To start with Lucina, we’ll identify the most obvious aspect of her character first. As it runs in her family, Lucina shares a quality of stoicism and determination. Often this visualizes as a lack of exaggerated emotion outside of fear, anger, and motivation. Because of this, many people assume her character to be ‘flat’ and generic, as the metaphorical mask she wears clouds people’s views of her true character. With a little reading, however, far more traits and quirks sprout

Lucina is particularly mischievous and shows an air of immaturity when prompted by those she trusts and loves. This is seen in multiple occasions; she throws a sparring match against her father, claiming that Chrom “still has much to teach me” as an excuse to spend more time with him. When talking to Female Robin, she spends a plethora of time throwing wild, silly accusations about her pre-conceived notions regarding Robin and her father. So much so, that she becomes flustered. This particular exchange definitively highlights her silliness and susceptibility to flustering.

Avatar: Lucina, I appreciate you wanting to keep the Chrom of this age safe from...harm. But aren't you being overly protective? You suspect even his closest allies...

Lucina: And how do I know you're a true ally? Because of your say-so?

Avatar: Surely you can sense the trust and affection that we have for each other? Chrom and I would never risk our friendship for the sake of some romantic dalliance. When you're older, you'll learn that men and women can be just friends.

Lucina: Are you insinuating I'm naive?

Avatar: Oh, I'm not insinuating anything. I'm flat out saying it. You're acting like a silly, jealous child.

Lucina: Jealous? Is that what you said? So you DO have designs on him! You want him all for yourself, and I'm getting in your way!

Avatar: ARRRGH! Are you even listening?!

Lucina: Of course, I can understand why. Perhaps even forgive you. It's natural that you'd be attracted to such a gallant, wonderful man.

Avatar: Chrom's nice, I suppose, but I've never thought of him as gallant. ...Or wonderful.

Lucina: What are you saying? You don't think he's gallant?! You think he's just NICE? But you're with him all the time! How can you be so blind to his incredible charms?! How dare you not be attracted to him! It's beyond insulting! If you don't start falling for him soon, my true anger will show its face!

Avatar: Er, I thought you DIDN'T want me to fall in love with him.

Lucina: R-right! I do! ...But I don't. But... No, wait. I do. J-just stay away from him, harpy!

In addition, Lucina demonstrates a silliness comparable to Owain when altering Falchion’s name to “Pointy Demonspanker” in hopes of meeting her cousin’s approval.

With her silliness highlighted and acknowledged, we can now delve into her more dominant trait of excessive, almost naïve care, responsibility, and consideration. Indeed, stoicism may be a part of Lucina, but beneath that lies a very caring and responsible, yet ‘workaholic’-like woman. She often lets her duties dominate her everyday life; burdened by the goals of protecting her father, altering the future, meeting her crew’s expectations, saving lives and inspiring the people. These all weigh on her every day, yet she seldom broods about and optimistically goes out of her way to help. As seen in her conversations with Tiki and Brady, she will blindly go about her good deeds amidst her working mind in hopes of bonding and inspiring her troops. Despite this, many people note her susceptibility to over-working, her risk of injury and her risk of falling ill, and indeed, that is one of her character flaws.

Speaking of character flaws, Lucina does have her fair share. Often, main characters, especially those in JPRGS, fall subject to the ‘mary sue’ syndrome. Meaning, the character in question is always likeable, never fails, and is ludicrously overpowered.

With these key points in mind, let’s identify what keeps Lucina from being a Mary Sue. She, as stated above, is a workaholic, and often disregards her own health in order to help others. This is inherently fine, if not self-detrimental, but in various supports – such as Inigo – she exhibits frustration and pushes Inigo away, who is simply trying to help her. This behavior can clearly be seen as a culmination of stress and work boiling to a breaking point.

She also has her share of confidence and pride, if a bit subdued. She does not often display this trait, but a few notable scenarios make this clear. When speaking with Tiki and Kjelle, for example, she acknowledges and uses her strength to her advantage in order to prove her point or get her way. In the case of Tiki, she claims her strength, while unbefitting of her appearance, is more than capable of doing the tasks Tiki was unsure she was capable of. This demonstrates a bit of confidence, and she also boldly challenges Kjelle over a battle of morals. Never once does she doubt her capability against Kjelle, despite the daughter of Sully being one of the strongest warriors in the army.

Lucina also fails, in accordance to the story and against her goals. For all intents and purposes, anyway, SHE fails, even if the situation ultimately changes due to someone else’s influence. For example, she fails to save Chrom from Robin’s betrayal again, she fails to prevent the return of Grima, and she fails to protect Tiki in the Future Past scenario. Her character, too, is not universally accepted. Severa is a strong example of people not instantly fawning over her. In their Hot Springs conversation, Severa exhibits intense jealousy and distaste for Lucina, showing that she has not yet won over everyone’s hearts. In addition, while Tiki eventually warms to her and offers her elderly advice, there are hints of disapproval from the Manakete regarding Lucina’s audacity to claim Marth’s name, as well as her push to parade Tiki through the streets. Even though both are eventually quenched and resolved, this too proves that Lucina does not instantly win over people, as additionally evidenced by her internal dilemma of winning her people’s trust.

With all of this in mind, we can now fully identify Lucina’s character and personality. She is ambitious, charismatic, courageous, dependable, with a light streak of deviousness. She struggles to be gregarious and extroverted, has an air of naiveness, but is very intelligent, industrious, reliable, and sympathetic. While she may not be bubbly and optimistic, she aspires to be such and carries and intense care for her people. She often hides her silly, carefree, goofy side, but these too exist among her pantheon of personality traits.

As a character, Lucina is a person who puts others first. All her goals involve saving the lives of others, and going as far as neglecting her own health. She is an agreeable, understandable, and caring person, but she struggles with her inner doubt about the intensity of her aspirations. Beneath her stoic mask lies a fun-loving, carefree girl who also boasts a great work ethic and intense skill.

Put in another way, Lucina is very reminiscent of older FE characters. Whereas most of Awakening is defined by its’ colorful, outwardly archetypal and easily perceivable cast, Lucina lacks what some may call a “trope” at first glance. However, just like the best classic and contemporary FE characters, she has depth beneath the surface. She is childish, oblivious, naïve, but also incredibly scarred, stressed, and vigilant.

Below are some links to what I consider to be great instances of what I like about Lucina.

https://youtu.be/EjtbXxlRHYo?t=4m25s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgf5TLGvaB8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuAyF1pVLGk

https://kantopia.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/17translate.jpg?w=818&h=1253

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXIAicD65EA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLL0CfnbfLc

also, word of advice for ANY FE character in ANY FE game: look at their supports, I guarantee you they will always be better in their supports than in the story, OR the supports will elevate their story depictions to a higher level
Good read, can't say I disagree with anything, you've justified your admiration for the character pretty well and the reasons for liking Lucina are valid. I understand her fandom more now so thanks for writing that up

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
What time is it where you guys live? Currently its 11:45 here in Canada. I live in Ontario.
17:49 here in Peninsular Spain, our direct's at 00:00 but I don't have anything to do tomorrow so there we go.

I don't know if this has been discussed but Bethesda has spoken to Nintendo about smash bros. I wonder what they talked about? http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._bros_future_nintendo_exclusives_are_possible
If I had to guess and be realistic, maybe for some trophies, like the Rayman and bit trip runner ones in Smash For?

Last edited:

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Does anyone know if Laura Bailey voices Lucina for Ultimate?
The only reason I like Lucina at all is because of:
1) Her short hair version
2) Lucina Says

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
*breaks through window*

Did someone say Senran Kagura?

And now it seems that I am a summoned demon.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
So, sorry, but I'm going to put you on my ignore list, I think it's better for the both of us, have a good day sir.
You could have just done that without writing a post explaining why you're doing it lol.

Makes no difference to me, and end result is the same.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
Does anyone know if Laura Bailey voices Lucina for Ultimate?
The only reason I like Lucina at all is because of:
1) Her short hair version
2) Lucina Says
Yep, her voice clips has been reused.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
'We have decided to cancel the game due to the hurricanes incoming. Please enjoy the Smash 4 port, instead.'
Lol yep, they had to cancel it. They couldn't delay it, oh no. Bad weather? Game's canceled. Sorry guys.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Vergeben finally posted and I'm not sure anyone noticed it yet. But it's not a leak, just him saying that he doesn't like most journalists because they think what he said is 100% true when in actuality he didn't specify it. He never said that the characters would be 100% confirmed to be in Smash or in this Direct.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76995959

Oh, and he finally admits that he lives in Germany, hence the timezones.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
The discussion of characters is always going to have some level of bias behind it give the sheer numbers of varying factors that determines if a character will resonate with a person or not. No one can be entirely objective when it comes their view on fictional characters nor can anyone relate to every character which is presented.

I have all sorts of character I simply don't understand their appeal that are brought up here all the time. Though I'm well aware that's a me thing. I mean I've played through Super Mario RPG multiple times and still don't understand the attachment to Geno for example, to me he was just mostly a plot device to keep things moving and didn't seem to have much to him outside of that. This extends to characters like Waluigi, Ashley, Bandana Waddle Dee, Isabel, and Skull Kid which also have fairly decent size bases here for reasons I don't understand.

I don't have to understand it in the end though, I simply have to respect that they exist.
I feel like most of these big wants have to do with childhoods. I really wanted Ridley and I really wanted K. Rool. I played those games on Super Nintendo from the age of 4. If I saw K. Rool only recently? I can't say i would have cared as much. I would have liked him, because he's a kook, but it wouldn't have meant as much to me. They made my childhood pretty neat, you know? Geno I don't personally care as much as others, but that's because I played SMRPG about 5 years ago. I liked him, but there isn't nostalgia. I lobby for him because I know how the older fans feel and how nostalgia can make all the difference.

Nostalgia has been used like it's just a term, but the older you get, the greater effect it has on you. My first viewing of Lion King was when I was 4/5? and I thought it was okay. Fast forward to a year ago and all the time since my last viewing of it became painfully evident. I was laying on my mom's lap in the theater because I was tired. Now I have a child sitting in my lap having a similar experience 24 years later. I even teared up when Mufasa died because it's more relatable having a child.

Nostalgia just keeps getting weirder and more impactful as you age. Trust me.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I think I'm a little late to the conversation...but which game had better newcomers is entirely subjective.

And yea Smash 4 had big names but most of those were third party. Third party and nostalgic based. And for those of us that don't really care about games outside of Nintendo, 4's newcomer line up isn't as great as Ultimate's so far. However it's also way to soon to say either way until we know the rest of the line up.

But yeah I just wanted to say it's subjective. I tottallllly understand and see how Cloud and Mega Man and Ryu are big deals for people, but they meant literally nothing to me as I've never played any of their games. And I understand that's a unique experience.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If we wanna be objective, Melee had the best newcomers (64 shouldn't count because it's the first installment). Things like Zelda, Ganondorf, Peach, Bowser, and Mewtwo are leagues above the Brawl, Smash 4 and Ultimate newcomers combined.

Also

Smash 4's newcomers > Ultimate newcomers (even ignoring my Xenoblade/Awakening bias)

Smash 4's newcomers introduced a lot of franchises like Mega Man, Punch Out, Wii Fit, Animal Crossing, Final Fantasy, Street Fighter vs. Castlevania and Splatoon. The newcomers themselves also came with a lot of things. Things like Shulk, Robin, Corrin, Villager, WFT, Bayo, Cloud all have a lot of properties that are unique and fresh to the franchise, while only Simon and Inkling bring something new and unique to the franchise.

Are we seriously going to pretend that Simon, K.rool and Ridley are bigger than characters from MEGA MAN, STREET FIGHTER, ANIMAL CROSSING and FINAL FANTASY? Come on, now.

CLOUD ****ING STRIFE IS A SMASH 4 NEWCOMER
CLOUD
STRIFE
FROM
FINAL FANTASY VII

You can't seriously tell me that a forgotten villain and a villain from a franchise almost in life support are bigger than that.

Edit: I forgot PAC-MAN himself, lol.
The mere notion that there is such a thing as an objectively best newcomer roster is beyond silly to me, I'd even say borderline arrogant, something doesn't become objective just because it appeals to the masses. At the end of the day it's always going to be as subjective a discussion as one can be, Smash support is literally all about opinions, there is absolutely no need to try and spin it into facts.

And you can bold and repeat his name as much as you want, but I still don't really feel anything for Cloud, that's how varied opinions are in this fanbase.

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
To Smash fans. FFVII is literally one of the biggest and most influential games in the history of video games. And waving Cloud aside saying "angst-y big sword man" is very unfair to FFVII's writers. Character development exists.

Not every person that buys Smash is an avid Smash fan. Final Fantasy is bigger than Smash.

Edit, again, I forgot about him:

Even if we didn't count DLC Smash 4 is the game that has Pac-Man in it. There literally isn't any video game character as popular and renowned as him not named Mario.
Pac-Man alone blows away Ridley/K.rool and co.
Not every person that buys Smash is a Final Fantasy fan ;)

Cloud and Pac-Man are obviously both hugely iconic characters, but that doesn't make them objectively better or more exciting. A fire-breathing space pirate dragon who's a ruthless commander is more innately intriguing to me than dot that eats other dots. A mutated alien that's kept itself alive in the form of a twisted reflection of the game's hero is a more interesting concept than a JRPG protagonist with a giant sword.

Again, I'm not saying I don't like 4's newcomers, and I'm not denying the impact of many of them. I'm simply saying that the love for characters added in WiiU wasn't across the board. There's already more characters in Ultimate that I'm hyped for than there were in WiiU. Street Fighter/Final Fantasy/Bayonetta do very little for me, so the DLC characters especially were a bit of a letdown.

D

Deleted member

Honestly in regards to newcomers, I don’t go in with any expectations. Expect no one and it’s hard to be disappointed.

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
I really prefer more 3rd parties rather than obscure or weird Nintendo characters. It's simple. I think characters like Crash or even Ninja Gaiden have more appeal than "oh hey, it's a goomba with a hat" or " Isaac? Is that another fire Emblem character?"

Honestly in regards to newcomers, I don’t go in with any expectations. Expect no one and it’s hard to be disappointed.
Smart, we need more people like you.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Having an impossible character like Cloud or Bayo feels like it has a much better payoff than a requested character tbh.
Payoffs for certain characters are a little tricky to gauge. It's circumstantial depending on the popularity of character, the timing of the character related to upcoming games, and the company who owns the character.

Despite being a big deal for the fanbase, I don't think Nintendo has benefited that much from putting Cloud in Smash. SE is still just dedicated to Sony as ever, and I haven't seen much of an effort from them to work with Ninty. As for Bayo, Nintendo is essentially funding and publishing all of her games now. If she didn't win the ballot, then she was strictly promotional. In my eyes, that makes her no different than Corrin promoting Fates.

Aside from being a huge selling point for Ultimate, Ridley and K. Rool do have their benefits. There's always the chance that Ultimate helps propel both of these franchises forward by raising awareness, similar to how it did with FE and KI. Wouldn't be suprised at all if Prime 4 rakes in a lot more sales thanks to the push Metroid has gotten in Ultimate.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Vergeben finally posted and I'm not sure anyone noticed it yet. But it's not a leak, just him saying that he doesn't like most journalists because they think what he said is 100% true when in actuality he didn't specify it. He never said that the characters would be 100% confirmed to be in Smash or in this Direct.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76995959

Oh, and he finally admits that he lives in Germany, hence the timezones.
This comes to show how much Verge seemingly seems to change.

I respect him more for saying that... not everything said from a leaker will be 100% true. This should be taken into even more consideration this time because of Nintendo’s efforts to prevent leaks.

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
Even though i love Smash 4 Newcomers the most of them all so far. Ultimate's so far even though i don't get the hype for them I won't deny the impact Ridley and K Rool have had

It's all personal preference when it comes to your favorite set of newcomers no one is wrong is all I'm saying

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Idk which I'm more excited for: new announcements for the games we are going to hear about or coming out, or Smash details

Decisions, decisions

D

Deleted member

Smart, we need more people like you.
Thanks. Being 100% honest my expected characters are already in the game :ultlink::ultsamus:. So I don’t really care who gets in now lol!

Kuon Kuon What is “Senran Kagura?” Some rpg series or something?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Anyways I had to remake my twitter because of dumb twitter bull****. Also because I wanted to live tweet about the Direct

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Doomguy could maybe be in the cards for DLC. His icon status is probably on par with Ryu and Cloud, but strangely enough has a better history with Nintendo.
But, Doomguy has competition with Skyrim. That, and he might be seen as "too violent".

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm still waiting for the best echo fighter we need, but we don't deserve.

Tho honestly, who is echoing who in this case?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Thanks. Being 100% honest my expected characters are already in the game :ultlink::ultsamus:. So I don’t really care who gets in now lol!

Kuon Kuon What is “Senran Kagura?” Some rpg series or something?
Senran Kagura is a fighting/brawler type game, similar to Hyrule Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom