• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Not really I think some people are just opinionated and can't handle unpopular opinions so they throw tantrums.

I personally don't care what they say I'm here to speak my mind not keep them happy, free speech for everyone is my motto and to always show respect even when I disagree.
Apologies if I did come across as disrespectful, I'm sure I did, so I just want to say I am personally sorry.
I still disagree with your opinion-that the weapons prevent him from being in-but probably should've worded why much more politely.
Just got up and haven't eaten a thing so I guess I'm pretty grumpy.
Have a good day dude. For the record; you're right, MC won't ever make the cut, just so you know.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
there are really people out here who call him doomslayer and not doomguy :redface:
Doom Slayer is his name though. They retconned "Doomguy" in the 2016 game. Doom Slayer is his correct name.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think most people are aware enough to know a Microsoft character has a snowball's chance in hell, and those chances are if we're being generous.

But it's fun to dream about. Especially if you're THIRD EYE has opened to support Fulgore instead of Master Chief or Banjo-Kazooie.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I think most people are aware enough to know a Microsoft character has a snowball's chance in hell, and those chances are if we're being generous.

But it's fun to dream about. Especially if you're THIRD EYE has opened to support Fulgore instead of Master Chief or Banjo-Kazooie.
Nah I still see people who believe B&K have a stronger case than more first party characters.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Apologies if I did come across as disrespectful, I'm sure I did, so I just want to say I am personally sorry.
I still disagree with your opinion-that the weapons prevent him from being in-but probably should've worded why much more politely.
Just got up and haven't eaten a thing so I guess I'm pretty grumpy.
Have a good day dude. For the record; you're right, MC won't ever make the cut, just so you know.
No worries there's, no need to apologise no problem at all. I don't get offended by anything said I'm not that type of guy, but it doesn't look good on outsiders like guests to see people on the site insulting eachother over character choices that's all.

Shroob

Sup?
Er... no.
Why is 5 the arbitary number as to how many characters can be expected?
A surprise is something I dont see coming. And I dont mean to toot my own horn, but I am like Garnet (Steven Universe) in the sense of how many outcomes I see as plausible.

I will say I'm surprised when I did not see it coming. You know who actually shocked me? Pokemon Trainer. It blew my mind and was the most glaring omission in Sm4sh. You know who else surprised me? Robin. We were getting so much Gematsu, I lost any joy in Speculation.
Not even WFT surprised me. By Sm4sh surprises were just about impossible for me, as I'd considered so many options and taken a lot of them as plausible. Robin was a blessing. A blessing Killed very quickly by Lucina.
"The big/expected/boring 5"

Refers to what people have been calling Geno/Isaac/Skull Kid/Banjo/and either Bandanna Dee or Incineroar lately.

I didn't make it up, it's just a term being used right now.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Not really I think some people are just opinionated and can't handle unpopular opinions so they throw tantrums.

I personally don't care what they say I'm here to speak my mind not keep them happy, free speech for everyone is my motto and to always show respect even when I disagree.
It's absolutely fine to have different opinions. Many of us just found your logic and reasoning completely off the mark and you ignored or didn't care for our explanations. Especially when it came to Goku of all things.

Just as you're allowed to have free speech, we're allowed to exercise our free speech and criticize said opinions.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
No worries there's, no need to apologise no problem at all. I don't get offended by anything said I'm not that type of guy, but it doesn't look good on outsiders like guests to see people on the site insulting eachother over character choices that's all.
Yep, completely right, which is what I used to stupidly do a few years ago on here!
Thanks for being so understanding pal.

Oh? I wasn't aware that it got debunked. Maybe I would have known that if we weren't talking about Goku for 2 hours straight lol
Well...it hasn't been DEBUNKED, I guess, but...
...just look at it

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Oh dear. Was this not the best time to come back?

I just beat the original Paper Mario and I gotta say... Paper Mario would be a cool Smash character.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I wouldn't expect too many western 3rd party characters.

I guess Rayman is to be expected and perhaps a western third party owned by a company already represented in smash?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

I just beat the original Paper Mario and I gotta say... Paper Mario would be a cool Smash character.
GOD YOU'RE TELLING ME.

Paper Mario 64 is one of the most charming games out there.
The playful, nostalgic art style, the AMAZING soundtrack, the colorful cast of characters.

I could find you an entirely original Paper Mario moveset right now if you wanted.
Please.

Join us.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Speaking of Microsoft content, do you think we're going to get some form of Minecraft content in this game like Verge claimed around E3?
If that's the case, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we would get a Microsoft owned character in Smash. Extremely doubt it would happen, but hey it'd be great.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Now's the time!

The prophecy must come to pass, 3 Links, 3 Samuses, now all we need is the third Mario and all will be right!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Yep, completely right, which is what I used to stupidly do a few years ago on here!
Thanks for being so understanding pal.

Well...it hasn't been DEBUNKED, I guess, but...
...just look at it
I mean, that's not a good enough reason to call a leak fake.

We had the 2016 Nintendo Direct leaked via an open file with video files in it.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
It's absolutely fine to have different opinions. Many of us just found your logic and reasoning completely off the mark and you ignored or didn't care for our explanations. Especially when it came to Goku of all things.

Just as you're allowed to have free speech, we're allowed to exercise our free speech and criticize said opinions.
Of course you can I never said you or anyone can't. My only point is that depending on how it's worded outsiders may view some posts as aggressive and doesn't look good on the site.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
nfinity wojack.jpg
This entire discussion has lasted for literal hours and I think everybody is worse off for it.
Please god Nintendo liberate us from this hell.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
As the genre pioneer, I think Doomguy makes more sense than Chief in Smash, as a lot of third party additions are driven by nostalgia and creating a genre.

And we had Doom games on the GBA and N64 so it's not like the Switch game was too late to consider adding him.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I mean, that's not a good enough reason to call a leak fake.

We had the 2016 Nintendo Direct leaked via an open file with video files in it.
I'm still going completely with debunked. One exception doesn't make a rule after all.
But also how on Earth would they let that series icon through.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

At this point, The most likely Microsoft charcter is Steve

1. Minecraft is known worldwide (Even in Japan)
2. Can easily represent Indies
3. Kids who play Minecraft can be introduced to Smash Bros thanks to his inclusion like we were introduced to it with Pikachu and Mario
4. Sakurai has played Minecraft and actually enjoys it.
5. Vergeben mentioned something about Minecraft representation. What if it's a character?

As for Banjo Kazooie? They are DLC. (Their rights are a little confusing...)

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I still think there's a possibility of 2 characters in the direct. The one introduced during the smash section in the past 2 directs was an expected newcomer(Inklings and Simon) and the direct ending with a fan requested one(Ridley & K. Rool).

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
View attachment 162604
This entire discussion has lasted for literal hours and I think everybody is worse off for it.
Please god Nintendo liberate us from this hell.
I remember logging on, seeing it, logging back off, then coming back and it still going on. I think everyone wants to die after it and I'd love nothing more than to move on lol.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Doom Slayer is his name though. They retconned "Doomguy" in the 2016 game. Doom Slayer is his correct name.
I'll blindly follow my nostalgia more than official names, as most people do with anything.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Anyone got a good topic to lighten up the mood?
Alright Here’s a game. you get to have one character in smash. But here’s the twist. It HAS to be a really dumb and ridiculous character for it to get in. Boo Berry for me (I like the cereal, as you can see from my icon.)

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
So......................

What kind of bosses do you guys want to see in this game?

I personally would love to fight Ultra Necrozma.
Metal Gear Rex is on top of my list.

Man, I partially can't wait to play Ultimate because of the fact that Metal Gear has representation again.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
So......................

What kind of bosses do you guys want to see in this game?

I personally would love to fight Ultra Necrozma.
If we get any new Xenoblade content I unironically want to see Territorial Rotbart or Hayreddin the Territorial.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We got a bunch of info exactly a month ago, I can handle waiting a bit longer. Though new music coming up weekly also helps with that too.

No need to act like we're dying though, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom