• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
So we’re expected to believe Nintendo is continuing to use Windows 98? Looks just as fake as any of the other pieces of nonsense floating around (which is to say very).
Uh... That's Windows XP with the Classic Appearance (which makes it look like Windows 98).

It's still doubtful that they'd still be using XP though.

EDIT: Windows Vista/7 also has a Classic appearance. As an aside, you can tell which version of Windows it is by the Back/Forward buttons that Windows Explorer uses (XP's are Green).

Last edited:

Chrono.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZfeAXUS

This is what they provided. I cannot find the thread anymore for the life of me.

It's probably just inspect element to be frank.
Oh lol. Thought it was the actual series icon, wanted to compare it to the current rumor.

I will say this though, Karate Joe being the reveal after everyone hyped themselves up for Skull Kid/Geno/Isaac would be... Interesting.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh lol. Thought it was the actual series icon, wanted to compare it to the current rumor.

I will say this though, Karate Joe being the reveal after everyone hyped themselves up for Skull Kid/Geno/Isaac would be... Interesting.
I'll give props for them using the correct series name for the correct country.

Agnes leaker should have thought about that.

Shroob

Sup?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
As cool as it would be to get Karate Joe or any sort of Rhythm Heaven character, which I do personally believe we're likely to get, I don't think this specific leak is real for a number of reasons.
I mean, don't get me wrong I'm here for it, but I doubt Nintendo employees would be using Windows XP and that they wouldn't keep a tight lid over this.

Shroob

Sup?
As cool as it would be to get Karate Joe or any sort of Rhythm Heaven character, which I do personally believe we're likely to get, I don't think this specific leak is real for a number of reasons.
I mean, don't get me wrong I'm here for it, but I doubt Nintendo employees would be using Windows XP and that they wouldn't keep a tight lid over this.
While I agree, I SWEAR there was a leak that happened just like this during Smash4, though I can't remember who got leaked.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I've been keeping look out on the Karate Joe leak on 4Chan and looks like the OP decided to described the reveal trailer for anyone still interested.

Pacman High Tier

Smash Cadet
NNID
judetheloon
Switch FC
SW-4116-2252-3537
That's so painfully obviously Inspect Element... the only thing shown is the name that's easily editable... they didn't actually show anything, and nobody else saw it on the site... the List goes On.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Gonna pop in to say that the Karate Joe leak is rubbish. What kind of professional developers working on one of the biggest games this year uses Windows XP?

Chrono.

I've been keeping look out on the Karate Joe leak on 4Chan and looks like the OP decided to described the reveal trailer for anyone still interested.
OP doesn't have a tripcode so it's probably a random anon.

In other news there's this.

Food for though I guess. But I'm still not buying it.

Shroob

Sup?
On the topic of Karate Joe revealed though?

Honestly, it would please the hell out of me.

Nothing against Skull Kid or Vergeben's character choices, but I've kinda grown 'bored' of hearing about them all the time.

Karate Joe would be completely unexpected of a reveal.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

Nothing against Skull Kid or Vergeben's character choices, but I've kinda grown 'bored' of hearing about them all the time.

Would it? I thought he was pretty popular on the ballot

Shroob

Sup?
Would it? I thought he was pretty popular on the ballot
What I mean is that you don't log into Smashboards/Reddit and see people saying "SKULL KID'S IN" "LOZ SAID SKULL KID!" "VERGEBEN 4" all the damn time.

Characters like all our echo fighters and K.Rool have been nice surprises since no one's leaked them.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

Wouldn't it be the Chorus Kids since they were planned for 4? I think they are actually quite likely. They have a fan following and may of only been cut from 4 because of 3ds limitations.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
If this leak actually ends up being true, no.

Granted, I don't believe this leak at all, but it has a few things going for it as Chrono posted above.
If they are in I expect them to be revealed alongside a bigger newcomer in another Smash direct since they are more of a wtf character.

Shroob

Sup?
If they are in I expect them to be revealed alongside a bigger newcomer in another Smash direct since they are more of a wtf character.
I mean, not really.

Rhythm Heaven is pretty successful in Japan. They're nowhere near the levels of someone like Wii Fit in terms of WTF value, especially due to Gematsu existing.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it be the Chorus Kids since they were planned for 4? I think they are actually quite likely. They have a fan following and may of only been cut from 4 because of 3ds limitations.
They may have been planned before but Sakurai can always change his mind. Look at big boi Ridley lol. And me personally, I thought Karate Joe would be more fit as a newcomer since he's been in all of the games and could easily have moves that reference all of them.
Rhythm Heaven is very popular in Japan and does have quite the following here. It's definitely not as big as Ridley or K. Rool but saying it's a wtf character is a little demeaning considering how well the series is doing.

Last edited:

Chrono.

We don't really know who was truly planned for 4, Gematsu said Chorus Kids so that's the safe guess.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Karate Joe, Wrestler, Chorus Kids, any of 'em. Haven't played a Rhythm Heaven game myself, and wasn't always keen on some of those characters, but nowadays I'm more familiar with the series, enough to say I'd be satisfied with any of those characters being playable. They'd all be really cool to see.

Though if we get anyone from Rhythm Heaven, then I need this song to be in the game:

If that means it's gotta be Karate Joe, that's more than fine by me. :p

Shroob

Sup?
I don't believe this leak.

But goddamn do I want it to be true.

Not because I necessarily even want Joe, I just want a surprise that hasn't been leaked. Nothing against Skull Kid or the Vergeben choice fans, you just get a bit apathetic towards a character when you see them ALL the time brought up.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I mean, not really.

Rhythm Heaven is pretty successful in Japan. They're nowhere near the levels of someone like Wii Fit in terms of WTF value, especially due to Gematsu existing.
It's not that big over here. The newest game was a eshop only release

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Karate Joe, Wrestler, Chorus Kids, any of 'em. Haven't played a Rhythm Heaven game myself, and wasn't always keen on some of those characters, but nowadays I'm more familiar with the series, enough to say I'd be satisfied with any of those characters being playable. They'd all be really cool to see.

Though if we get anyone from Rhythm Heaven, then I need this song to be in the game:

If that means it's gotta be Karate Joe, that's more than fine by me. :p
Yesssssss, Lonely Storm is one of my favorite vocal tracks in Rhythm Heaven. They need to bring it and Struck by the Rain, hell even whatever that song he had in Rhythm Tengoku. MAKE A KARATE JOE MEDLEY SAKURAI. But seriously, if we can have any of the vocal tracks from Rhythm Heaven, I'll be a very happy gal.
It's not that big over here. The newest game was a eshop only release
It got a physical release in Europe. And you really shouldn't say that just because it isn't as big over here, it'd be a wtf character. By that logic, Ridley is a wtf character because pretty much all of his support was western. Or Marth and Roy in Melee. Or Lucas in Brawl. And so on and so on.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
We don't really know who was truly planned for 4, Gematsu said Chorus Kids so that's the safe guess.
I thought that was the case.

I guess I forgot that Gematsu mentioend Chorus Kids. I was about to ask why they in particular were the ones getting so much support later on before Smash 4 released, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom