• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
What do you mean by amiibo skins? Skins exclusive to and activated by amiibos? That’s a really cool idea actually, I’d love that
Sounds like a horrible idea. Smash isn't Fortnite or Overwatch I'd rather have every skin unlocked without paying for anything.

Wambo

Smash Ace
I missed the recent Loz stuff. Can someone catch me up on what got leaked? This is what I've seen so far:
>Loz said Skull Kid is in the game (but as a boss?), but Isaac isn't in
>A bunch of chat logs got leaked (where can I find 'em?)
>2nd Square Enix character (Geno?) is still a thing

Am I missing anything?

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
This might have a mixed response, given my controversial feelings about certain veterans, but *if* we were to remove obvious clones/alt characters, some could be alts, some could be transformations (Zelda/Sheik, Samus/Zero Suit) but others could be replaced by (in my opinion) more interesting characters. For me, Young Link replaced with Skull Kid, and Toon Link replaced with Tetra. Add in Skyward Sword Impa, and I believe all the major Zelda titles are still represented, without any series doubling up.

Here's a roster I made, trying to come up with the "perfect" roster, including fan favorites, though there are still some odd choices I made to fit within my arbitrary rules of how each row would be set up.

Also, I should clarify, despite my feelings concerning certain veterans, I'm glad every character is returning, as it's the most ideal scenario for everyone. It's all my personal opinion, of course.

EDIT:
(some other notes I should add: I made this roster a while ago, and have made some changes since. Namely, replacing Blaze with Robotnik, and switching Inkling/Spring Man's places, adding Twintelle, removing Octoling).
I know this is just your ideal roster, but Imo with replacing Toon Link your removing the Four Sword Rep, so I would like Vaati there. Also not a fan of no Dark Samus on a roster of that size.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I missed the recent Loz stuff. Can someone catch me up on what got leaked? This is what I've seen so far:
>Loz said Skull Kid is in the game (but as a boss?), but Isaac isn't in
>A bunch of chat logs got leaked (where can I find 'em?)
>2nd Square Enix character (Geno?) is still a thing

Am I missing anything?
a little off.

leakypandy said skull kids a boss, loz18 is still saying playable (but hasnt seen anything definite about it), loz18 said no isaac...then said "oh i said nothing on isaac" so who knows...yes it was that weird.

chat logs got leaked but i legit dont want to post them cause they may be somewhat incriminating to loz18s potential job and i dont want to get the guy caught or something.

2nd square rep is still a thing from vergeben, nothing changed about vergeben.

im making a video that should cover all the "leak" parts of this stuff (there was some drama with the discord chat logs being leaked but im not touching that, just the smash info) but thats the short version.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
a little off.

leakypandy said skull kids a boss, loz18 is still saying playable (but hasnt seen anything definite about it), loz18 said no isaac...then said "oh i said nothing on isaac" so who knows...yes it was that weird.

chat logs got leaked but i legit dont want to post them cause they may be somewhat incriminating to loz18s potential job and i dont want to get the guy caught or something.

2nd square rep is still a thing from vergeben, nothing changed about vergeben.

im making a video that should cover all the "leak" parts of this stuff (there was some drama with the discord chat logs being leaked but im not touching that, just the smash info) but thats the short version.
Are you the real PapaGenos?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Get ready for YARN YOSHI and MEGA YARN YOSHI!!!

I'd rather Yarn Yoshi as an echo that uses all his cute little trasformations (eg. turns into a weight to ground pound) but I'd accept that compromise

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather Yarn Yoshi as an echo that uses all his cute little trasformations (eg. turns into a weight to ground pound) but I'd accept that compromise
Yes, but we all know there is a far superior Yoshi echo
And I think Zinith knows this aswell

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
I thought we didn’t believe loz18 anymore? Are we even sure that’s him? I’m so confused. The way I see it, no one’s confirmed or deconfirmed unless Nintendo shows otherwise.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Loz basically destroyed his own credibility awhile ago. I don’t know why anyone is still paying attention to his “leaks”.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I don't even think he's leaking anything anymore, he just sounds like he's speculating based on the way he phrases things, but I could be wrong.

TeamFlareZakk

Predictions for the upcoming characters based off my research.

Kid Icarus will get its villain in the form of Medusa as a echo fighter of Palutena
Warioware will get a new character and that character will be Mona
New Pokemon are Gardevoir and Incineroar, and perhaps a echo too
Golden Sun will finally rise once again with Isaac as a newcomer, Felix joins too as a echo fighter!
Finally new Zelda characters! Its SkullKid and Hilda will be added as Zelda's echo
Square characters are Geno and Zack Fair as a echo
Capcom basically just adds Ken as a echo for that would make three reps
Namco character is Heihachi from Tekken, which is Namco Bandai's flagship!
Sega adds either Metal Sonic or Shadow
Mario series acquires another echo fighter, Dry Bowser he uses the Melee moveset with Giga Bowser visual effects to each of his moves
New Xenoblade character is Elma
Fire Emblem gets its villain rep.. The Black Knight as a echo to Ike
New Kirby character is Bandana Dee
Earthbound gets their villain, Porky!
Dixie Kong will be added to complete the Donket Kong series
Octolings to be echo fighters of Inklings

Research implied alot of focus on villains, echos, female fighters and 3rd parties

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

Kid Icarus will get its villain in the form of Medusa as a echo fighter of Palutena
Golden Sun will finally rise once again with Isaac as a newcomer, Felix joins too as a echo fighter!
Finally new Zelda characters! Its SkullKid and Hilda will be added as Zelda's echo
Mario series acquires another echo fighter, Dry Bowser he uses the Melee moveset with Giga Bowser visual effects to each of his moves
Galactic Knight is added as a echo to Meta Knight

Research implied alot of focus on villains, echos, female fighters and 3rd parties
Your research skipped the fact Meta Knight already has a Galacta Knight costume.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Because they support Skull Kid and want to see him playable.
People don't need to hang their hopes on a "leaker" to believe that Skull Kid is playable. There's plenty of in-game evidence to suggest he is...

although he could end up being like Ridley where we didn't get an answer for months, and when we did, it was deflating.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion

Why mona? if ashley couldn't get in despite being infinitely more popular why would they add mona? how would mona even fight?

Hilda over the way more popular impa?

And 2 brand new pokemon sounds like a stretch

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Why mona? if ashley couldn't get in despite being infinitely more popular why would they add mona? how would mona even fight?

Hilda over the way more popular impa?

And 2 brand new pokemon sounds like a stretch
Hilda is Zelda's actual counterpart in LBTW so yes

Mona was in the first Warioware, which actually gave her the advantage over Ashley

Pokemon, Fire Emblem and Mario are really good having alot of characters

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Hilda is Zelda's actual counterpart in LBTW so yes

Mona was in the first Warioware, which actually gave her the advantage over Ashley

Pokemon, Fire Emblem and Mario are really good having alot of characters
I don't see how her being her counterpart matters, echoes are supposed to be a way of adding popular characters that wouldn't be able to get in otherwise, hilda isn't popular at all.

Being in the first one doesn't mean much when she's significantly less popular, and it's not like she's any more of a main character than ashley is despite being in the first

Pokemon currently has 9 characters, pokemon may be a big series but having 11 characters is definitely going overboard.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't see how her being her counterpart matters, echoes are supposed to be a way of adding popular characters that wouldn't be able to get in otherwise, hilda isn't popular at all.

Being in the first one doesn't mean much when she's significantly less popular, and it's not like she's any more of a main character than ashley is despite being in the first

Pokemon currently has 9 characters, pokemon may be a big series but having 11 characters is definitely going overboard.
Pokemon is a pretty big franchise. It's the most profitable multimedia franchise in history. Sakurai can put in 11 Pokemon characters if he wanted to.

TeamFlareZakk

Of all Zelda characters to get a echo it would surely be Zelda herself and she is in her LBTW attire so Hilda would be the perfect choice!

I also went by who was most marketable to their respected series

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Of all Zelda characters to get a echo it would surely be Zelda herself and she is in her LBTW attire so Hilda would be the perfect choice!

I also went by who was most marketable to their respected series
Not denying that she makes sense as an echo, it's just that Impa makes far more sense due to her popularity

TeamFlareZakk

Not denying that she makes sense as an echo, it's just that Impa makes far more sense due to her popularity
Hilda makes sense as Zelda's echo, nuff said.

I also considered another thing in my research, Characters who should appear in Smash missing from action.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So here's a little game.

Disregard how likely you think the characters are.

Tell us how interested or satisfied you'd be with the character if included.
Using spoilers to condense space here for my answers. Anyways, let me try my hand at this, though many may not be happy with my thoughts.
-Incineroar - A Pokemon I don't mind, but interest depends on the approach. I'd be most interested if he was a slow powerhouse with wrestling moves and one ranged attack, where Darkest Lariat is a strong special. Besides, it's not like the Pokemon roster has any heavyweights besides Charizard, right?
-Ken - I don't Street Fighter, so no.
-Isabelle - Indifferent, but I can't really think of how she'd be different from the Villager?
-Geno - A heavy No.
-Isaac - A heavy No
-Monster Hunter - Super excited! My interest will be raised depending on the approach. Bonu points if Dual Blades (my main weapon in the games) is in the moveset. Surely they can make em look better than the MvC incarnation. My vision is different movesets, one featuring Dual Blades for speed and combos, Great Sword for Power, and a Bow/Bowgun for range, but I don't mind them combining different weapons into the same moveset... they did it for Pit after all. Anyways, there would be a high chance MH will be a main of mine to take Bowser's place depending on the approach.
-Lloyd Irving - A heavy No
-Dixie Kong - Indifferent, but hopefully has no bananas like Diddy does.
-Impa - No
-Skull Kid - No
-Black Shadow - No, but I don't really know much about him at all anyways.
-Bandana Waddle Dee - No
-Ninten - No
-Diskun - Idk who this is
-Raiden - Indifferent atm, but would learn towards a no.
-Big Boss - Indifferent atm, but would leaan towards a no.
-Shadow - A heavy No
-Elma - Don't know who that is
-Rex and Pyra - I don't know much about them to have absolute judgment on them. I only know they're XenoBlade related.
-Jeanne - A heavy No, especially considering how brutally painful Bayo is already.
-Spring Man - Indifferent
-Wonder Red - I can't really answer this one yet, but probably no.

Thoughts if these characters make the cut?

(E) means Echo Fighter
-Agumon - Who?
-Amaterasu -Not interested
-Ayumi Tachibana - Who?
-Banjo-Kazooie - Not interested.
-Black Knight(E) - I have bias against Fire Emblem, so honestly his inclusion would make me paranoid, let alone another echo in the FE roster, as well as yet another FE character in the first place.... *eyetwitch*
-Chorus Kids - Don't know much about em at all, but something tells me I'd dislike em a lot.
-Cranky Kong - Not interested.
-Crash Bandicoot - Not a fan.
-Decidueye - One of the few Pokemon I wouldn't mind getting in, but it better be shooting arrows like Pit can.
-Gardevoir - Being one of my favorite Pokemon, I'll definitely try her, but they'd have to make a good approach to her. My vision is weak melee attacks, powerful specials/ranged attacks, and one reflector move.
-Glass Joe(E) - Don't really know who it is, but I don't seem interested.
-Hades - Honestly I'd be bothered. He's one of the KI characters I would not want playable. He's better off as a boss or an assist trophy whose annoyance exceeds that of Mr. Resetti, while adding his well-known comedy dialogue in the mix.
-Heihachi Mishima - Who?
-Kat & Ana - Probably not.
-Karate Joe - Who?
-King Boo - I probably won't be interested; I think the Mario franchise has enough characters now, but something tells me we'll have another Mario Character eventually.
-King Hippo - Mac's okay on his own, so no (I hope this is the right character).
-Medusa(E) - I'd be interested, but I'd be more interested if she was her own character, and she definitely has the abilities to be one. Bonus points if she has unique dialogue towards Pit and Palu.
-Metal Sonic(E) - Dislike.
-Mona - Not sure how they'd even make her work, but I don't see myself being interested.
-Nightmare - If you mean the Soul Caliber one, then no. Dislike.
-Octoling(E) - I don't really care much for Inklings either so... no interest.
-Paper Mario - Probably irritated if it happened.
-Phosphora - Super shockingly excited, let alone she's one of my main wants. I might have to make her part of my top 3 mains if I can, and put Bowser into my secondaries. Bonus points if she's faster than Sonic and has a unique dialogue towards Pit and Palu somewhere.
-Porky Minch - Who?
-Rayman - Don't like, and not a fan.
-Saki Amamiya - Not interested.
-Shantae - I accept her now, but I am not likely to try her out for a long while. I have been wrong before though.
-Sylux - Meh.
-Toon Zelda - No interest.

Honestly looking at my answers, I'm extremely picky when it comes to rosters with a bit of petty in many choices, and I apologize for that. It's been that way since Brawl really, and holding in a lot of fears or worries depending on a chosen character. I guess part of the Smash community with how they are with getting outta control and some forms of trolling or whatever (including shoving stuff in my face) just made me more cautious. It doesn't help that I have very limited interests in the first place. ((currently nervous))

TeamFlareZakk

just cause she makes sense doesn't mean they're gonna spend time on a character practically no one cares about though.
If Sakurai wanted to, he can.. I mean ffs he could add Gothitelle as Gardevoir's echo if he wanted to.. Popularity isnt everything, Ashley isnt in so.. Its more about marketing, and Hilda is more marketable than Impa because she relates to Zelda as her echo.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Here are my predictions.
Ken/Akuma as an echo for Ryu
Shadow as an echo for Sonic.
Yarn Yoshi as an echo for Yoshi. (I'm actually very confident in this one, I don't think Wooly World has been cut, theyre just saving this for the reveal, new FS involves Poochy in some way as this could be shared between Yoshi and Yarn Yoshi)
Dixie as an echo for Diddy, along with Jungle Hijinx returning but changed to work with stage morph and more based off of TF.
Incineroar/Silvally/Decidueye along with an Ultra Space stage with all of the other UBs.
Issac along with a Golden Sun related stage.
Skull Kid.
Geno/Crono with a SMRPG/Chrono trigger related stage.

Mute City Melee returning, Pokefloats returning.

TeamFlareZakk

Here are my predictions.
Ken/Akuma as an echo for Ryu
Shadow as an echo for Sonic.
Yarn Yoshi as an echo for Yoshi. (I'm actually very confident in this one, I don't think Wooly World has been cut, theyre just saving this for the reveal, new FS involves Poochy in some way as this could be shared between Yoshi and Yarn Yoshi)
Dixie as an echo for Diddy, along with Jungle Hijinx returning but changed to work with stage morph and more based off of TF.
Incineroar/Silvally/Decidueye along with an Ultra Space stage with all of the other UBs.
Issac along with a Golden Sun related stage.
Skull Kid.
Geno/Crono with a SMRPG/Chrono trigger related stage.

Mute City Melee returning, Pokefloats returning.
That Golden Sun stage.. Im thinking Isaac's cabin from Dark Dawn based from that Weyard track from the Palutena Temple.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
So here's a little game.

Disregard how likely you think the characters are.

Tell us how interested or satisfied you'd be with the character if included.

Incineroar
Ken
Isabelle
Geno
Isaac
Monster Hunter
Lloyd Irving
Dixie Kong
Impa
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Bandana Waddle Dee
Ninten
Diskun
Raiden
Big Boss
Shadow
Elma
Rex and Pyra
Jeanne
Spring Man
Wonder Red
pretty late response but this sounds fun

Incineroar - Kinda disappointed, out of all the potential gen 7 options he's my least favourite, I don't like his design at all
Ken - Cool, makes sense
Isabelle - Super excited, I love isabelle so much
Geno - Don't really have any connection to him whatsoever
Isaac - No connection to him but he seems cool
Monster Hunter - Meh, no connection, feels like kind of a generic choice for a 3rd party character
Lloyd Irving - No connection to him, really no feeling whatsoever
Dixie Kong - Wig, my most wanted character, somewhat disappointed if she's an echo
Impa - In my top 3 so hyped as hell
Skull Kid - Pretty cool
Black Shadow - Don't know anything about f-zero but it'd be cool to see it get some more representation
Bandana Waddle Dee - Never played a kirby game but I love him, super excited
Ninten - Don't really care
Diskun - Why?
Raiden - If it's a snake echo then why? if it's cyborg ninja raiden then cool but also why?
Big Boss - Meh
Shadow - Dope, I loved shadow as a kid
Elma - My second most wanted, super hyped
Rex and Pyra - I dislike both of them so meh
Jeanne - Dope, I love jeanne, and the salt from the bayonetta haters would be funny as ****
Spring Man - Meh
Wonder Red - Seems cool although I've never played his game

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
just cause she makes sense doesn't mean they're gonna spend time on a character practically no one cares about though.
Well there's nearly 40 people on the supporters list. Nothing the likes of Isaac or Skull Kid get but it's still something.

Besides they confirmed that in Melee Dr. Mario got in, purely on the grounds that his remix was so jammin'!

TeamFlareZakk

Well, we could adversite that site in preparation for an new GS on Switch. Perhaps an reboot...if you'd like?
Its a pretty nice view of Weyard where Isaac's cabin in Dark Dawn is located, the Golden Sun itself shines brightly in the backround!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom