• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Ahem, I'll teach you, Junior Bowser!

So basically, someone was in Loz18's private discord server and and he joined for a good 10 days. Then someone leaked about Loz18 on Gamefaqs, and he, SmashBurb, got kicked due to this.

Because of this kick, SmashBurb decided to expose Loz18 by posting an long video of his chat history.
>Smashburb
>The guy who has adamantly hated on both Loz and Vergeben in the past
"Hey, let's invite him to my private discord, what could POSSIBLY go wrong?"

Loz has only himself to blame to be brutally honest. If you have **** to say, the last thing you do is invite someone who flat out HATES you.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
This might have a mixed response, given my controversial feelings about certain veterans, but *if* we were to remove obvious clones/alt characters, some could be alts, some could be transformations (Zelda/Sheik, Samus/Zero Suit) but others could be replaced by (in my opinion) more interesting characters. For me, Young Link replaced with Skull Kid, and Toon Link replaced with Tetra. Add in Skyward Sword Impa, and I believe all the major Zelda titles are still represented, without any series doubling up.

Here's a roster I made, trying to come up with the "perfect" roster, including fan favorites, though there are still some odd choices I made to fit within my arbitrary rules of how each row would be set up.

Also, I should clarify, despite my feelings concerning certain veterans, I'm glad every character is returning, as it's the most ideal scenario for everyone. It's all my personal opinion, of course.
Quite literally, the only thing I would do, is swap Conker for Amaterasu, that's it. Other than that, this roster is perfect I like it. I would never expect Tyranitar though, it's a breath of fresh air in terms of uniqueness, and unexpectedness, and nice touch overall.

SirCamp

Smash Ace

I would not be mad about this at all. My ideal roster would be a little different, but you have almost all of my top picks. Only missing Captain Syrup who is admittedly niche lol. Would be neat. Tyrantiar feels a little random, but I would prefer him to pichu as a gen 2 rep since it seems you wanted one from each gen.

StormC

Smash Hero
I've always thought Tyranitar would be the most interesting generation 2 addition out of all the potential candidates.

Tyranitar is sorta shrouded in mystery in gen 2. You never fight one in-game, and getting a Larvitar, and raising it into a Tyranitar, is a hassle and a half. Being able to represent a slightly more obscure, but still prestigious and iconic Pokemon, would be really cool. Doesn't hurt that it has an awesome design and moveset potential out of the wazoo, and would be the first pseudo-legendary fighter.

Shroob

Sup?
So basically a tl;dr of Loz is:

Skull Kid's in, probably next Direct, Isaac's out?

Eh, we'll see.

Loz and Verg's information clashes pretty hard when it comes to Isabelle, and Verg's basically triple downed on all his remaining info.

Even if Skull Kid's in, it wouldn't hurt Verg's credibility at all, but Loz's been on a sharp decline in believably for awhile after the Gamefaqs and Twitter nuke.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So here's a little game.

Disregard how likely you think the characters are.

Tell us how interested or satisfied you'd be with the character if included.
Lets see...

Incineroar - I'd be OK with him.
Ken - Ambivalent overall
Isabelle - Ambivalent, though I'd be interested to see how she's integrated.
Geno - Happy for his long time fans.
Isaac - Same as Geno.
Monster Hunter - Awesome!
Lloyd Irving - Cool
Dixie Kong - Great
Impa - Cool
Skull Kid - Cool
Black Shadow - Ambivalent
Bandana Waddle Dee - Ambivalent
Ninten - Meh
Diskun - Ambivalent, though he could be interesting if they pull a Duck Hunt with him.
Raiden - Ambivalent
Big Boss - Ambivalent
Shadow - Cool, I'd prefer Tails, but I don't mind him.
Elma - Awesome!
Rex and Pyra - Ambivalent
Jeanne - Ambivalent
Spring Man - Ambivalent
Wonder Red - Cool

Ahem, I'll teach you, Junior Bowser!

So basically, someone was in Loz18's private discord server and and he joined for a good 10 days. Then someone leaked about Loz18 on Gamefaqs, and he, SmashBurb, got kicked due to this.

Because of this kick, SmashBurb decided to expose Loz18 by posting an long video of his chat history.
From what I understand it wasn't SmashBurb who did the initial leak, what happened was basically:
-Some user on Gamefaqs saw Loz18's messages about Isaac on the discord. Since he had a heavy dislike for him, he leaked the messages to Gamefaqs.
-Someone on the board asked if they could verify it, as Burb was also on the Discord, he verifies it, but only states that much about it.
-A little later, a mod falsely accused him of leaking the information and banned him without warning, also throwing a slur his way for good measure.
-Burb responded by leaking the videolog.

In short, it was a situation that spiraled completely out of control thanks to poor lack of communication and general negativity between all parties. It was a complete mess to say the least.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
So here's a little game.

Incineroar
Ken
Isabelle
Geno
Isaac
Monster Hunter
Lloyd Irving
Dixie Kong
Impa
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Bandana Waddle Dee
Ninten
Diskun
Raiden
Big Boss
Shadow
Elma
Rex and Pyra
Jeanne
Spring Man
Wonder Red
Incineroar eh
Ken Ok
Isabelle happy
Geno excited
Isaac glad
Monster Hunter pretty damn satisfied
Lloyd Irving eh
Dixie Kong eh
Impa YESS
Skull Kid I would die of happiness
Black Shadow eh
Bandana Waddle Dee eh
Ninten cool
Diskun who?
Raiden neat!
Big Boss eh
Shadow eh
Elma cool
Rex and Pyra cool
Jeanne eh
Spring Man eh
Wonder Red eh

Thoughts if these characters make the cut?

-Agumon
-Amaterasu
-Ayumi Tachibana
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Black Knight(E)
-Chorus Kids
-Cranky Kong
-Crash Bandicoot
-Decidueye
-Gardevoir
-Glass Joe(E)
-Hades
-Heihachi Mishima
-Kat & Ana
-Karate Joe
-King Boo
-King Hippo
-Medusa(E)
-Metal Sonic(E)
-Mona
-Nightmare
-Octoling(E)
-Paper Mario
-Phosphora
-Porky Minch
-Rayman
-Saki Amamiya
-Shantae
-Sylux
-Toon Zelda

(E) means Echo Fighter
-Agumon why
-Amaterasu neat
-Ayumi Tachibana about time
-Banjo-Kazooie neat
-Black Knight(E) why not?
-Chorus Kids sure
-Cranky Kong eh
-Crash Bandicoot not a fan
-Decidueye cool
-Gardevoir whatever
-Glass Joe(E) Please happen
-Hades cool
-Heihachi Mishima eh
-Kat & Ana eh
-Karate Joe happy
-King Boo happy
-King Hippo eh
-Medusa(E) cool
-Metal Sonic(E) eh
-Mona cool
-Nightmare who
-Octoling(E) cool
-Paper Mario eh
-Phosphora very nice
-Porky Minch very happy
-Rayman not a fan
-Saki Amamiya why not?
-Shantae ok
-Sylux cool
-Toon Zelda let's get TP Zelda back, then we can talk.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Huh, so according to Gamefaqs user Dwarf AND Smashburb, Loz also thinks Ken isn't going to be playable...

So yeah, Loz and Verg basically clash on all but the supposed 2nd SE rep at this point.

****'s crazy.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Thoughts if these characters make the cut?

-Agumon
-Amaterasu
-Ayumi Tachibana
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Black Knight(E)
-Chorus Kids
-Cranky Kong
-Crash Bandicoot
-Decidueye
-Gardevoir
-Glass Joe(E)
-Hades
-Heihachi Mishima
-Kat & Ana
-Karate Joe
-King Boo
-King Hippo
-Medusa(E)
-Metal Sonic(E)
-Mona
-Nightmare
-Octoling(E)
-Paper Mario
-Phosphora
-Porky Minch
-Rayman
-Saki Amamiya
-Shantae
-Sylux
-Toon Zelda

(E) means Echo Fighter
Agumon - WTF.. Not interested, but wants to use Pokemon to battle him
Amaterasu ... Meh not interested
Ayumi Tachibana - Interested!
Banjo-Kazooie - Whoa! Is that a bear? Interested
Black Knight(E) - Interested, hes a Fire Emblem villain
Chorus Kids - *facepalm
Cranky Kong - Meh
Crash Bandicoot - Meh.. Not interested
Decidueye - ( Insert Angry Miz Girl face )
Gardevoir - Interested and Satisfied for I think its a good Pokemon choice!
Glass Joe(E) - Somewhat interested.
Hades - BOOOOOOOOOOO! ( I prefer Medusa )
Heihachi Mishima - Interested! Its the Tekken guy, though I prefer Street Fighter
Kat & Ana - Meh.. Not interested
Karate Joe Meh.. Not interested
King Boo - Interested, would be pretty cool
King Hippo - kind of cool
Medusa(E) - actually the one I a excited to see the most come to fruition along with Isaac
Metal Sonic(E) - pretty cool Sonic villain, would prefer him over Sonic
Mona - Would love to see Mona
Nightmare - Meh not interested, Tira is better
Octoling(E) - this is awesome, would probably prefer Octoling over Inkling tbh
Paper Mario - meh not interested
Phosphora - my favorite assist now playable? Too sweet!
Porky Minch - Earthbound villain would be awesome!
Rayman - But... Ray is cooler! lol
Saki Amamiya - Meh not interested
Shantae - Meh not interested
Sylux - Meh.. We already have Dark Samus and Ridley so..
Toon Zelda - I prefer Hilda
So here's a little game.

Incineroar
Ken
Isabelle
Geno
Isaac
Monster Hunter
Lloyd Irving
Dixie Kong
Impa
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Bandana Waddle Dee
Ninten
Diskun
Raiden
Big Boss
Shadow
Elma
Rex and Pyra
Jeanne
Spring Man
Wonder Red
Incineroar - definitely interested and satisfied because hes like a Pokemon wrestler based off the NJPW logo and thats just too sweet

Ken - Satisfied, Im actually a Kolin main, but Ken was like the first Street Fighter character I used so thats something and I would actually prefer him over Ryu.

Isabelle - Not interested at all

Geno - Satisfied! Geno is awesome and Mario RPG is unforgettable

Isaac -EXTREMELY HAPPY AND SATISFIED!! This is the guy I wanted to play as in Super Smash Bros for a very long time! Oh and hopefully he has like a Saturos costume because Proxian Isaac would rule!

Monster Hunter - If theres a female Monster Hunter, then somewhat interested

Lloyd Irving - meh not interested.

Dixie Kong - Satisfied and not surprised, all the best Donkey Kong Country characters are here!

Impa - meh not interested

Skull Kid - somewhat interested.. but not too excited, however just satisfied that at least its a new Zelda character

Black Shadow - meh not too interested, already maining Ganon and Captain Falcon

Bandana Waddle Dee - Interested! pretty cool to see a new Kirby character, would probably give him a chance

Ninten - meh not interested, I would still prefer Lucas

Diskun - Not interested, dont really know who this is

Raiden - Meh not interested.. Snake is cooler because hes the man with the beard!

Big Boss - Interested! He has both a beard and a eyepatch so he would be awesome

Shadow - Interested! Would definitely prefer to use him over Sonic

Elma - Interested! A new Xenoblade character!

Rex and Pyra - I like Pyra, but not Rex so I would only like this if there is a option to use one over the other

Jeanne - meh not interested, would rather stick with Bayonetta

Spring Man - meh, there are better ARMS characters like Min Min and Ribbon Girl I would rather see

Wonder Red - Meh not interested

Top 5 characters Im looking forward to seeing are Medusa, Isaac, Hilda, Mona and Geno!

Last edited:

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, i far more believe Verg than Loz at this point. To me everything's pointing towards Verg being right.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think loz got caught in the leaker gang, decided it was a ****hole (cause it is) and wants out.

Leaking is stressful business especially since the Smash fanbase is awful. He probably wants to ruin credibility so he can go for the ride.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
So I just watched papagenos papagenos latest video and he shows a Vergeben statement that I hadn't heard before, and it's that he's now leaning more towards Incineroar being the Alolan poke for what he's been hearing apparently.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I think loz got caught in the leaker gang, decided it was a ****hole (cause it is) and wants out.

Leaking is stressful business especially since the Smash fanbase is awful. He probably wants to ruin credibility so he can go for the ride.
Of all of them he had the best.. I'll call them predictions imo.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
All you guys arguing over Skull Kid and Ken and I’m just like, wake me up if amiibo skins become a thing.

I need SR Samus and Sm4sh Zamus. :(
SR Samus would actually be perfect

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
The bulk... the jagged contours... the narrow visor that looks like it hates you...So dreamy... What? You all thought I only drooled over Zamus? ;)
I would kill for some bulky shoulders on Samus in smash. Those perfectly round basketballs on top of her arms aren’t my favourite

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Honestly, with Dark Samus playable, I'm a little glad we didn't get Samus Returns Samus, the visor is my only issue with what is amazing, but the reason I'm not sold on the visor is how similar it is too Dark Samus, and now she's playable, I'd rather have them separate

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
So basically a tl;dr of Loz is:

Skull Kid's in, probably next Direct, Isaac's out?

Eh, we'll see.

Loz and Verg's information clashes pretty hard when it comes to Isabelle, and Verg's basically triple downed on all his remaining info.

Even if Skull Kid's in, it wouldn't hurt Verg's credibility at all, but Loz's been on a sharp decline in believably for awhile after the Gamefaqs and Twitter nuke.
I think the direct will reveal the Pokemon rep. It just seems like the right time for it and I don't think they will reveal another villain straight after King K. Rool. I think Skull Kid will be shown in an October Smash direct when they show spirits mode because it might tie into the heroes vs villains theme.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
tbh id be very happy if i could just play as Blaze in a good mainline 3D sonic games but thats not gonna happen for a long time

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
So I just watched papagenos papagenos latest video and he shows a Vergeben statement that I hadn't heard before, and it's that he's now leaning more towards Incineroar being the Alolan poke for what he's been hearing apparently.
What was Verg’s most recent statement? I think I’ve missed it.
it was 6 days ago but i assume this is what you guys are talking about:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76941132?page=7

"When it comes to the Gen 7 Pokemon rep that isn't Decidueye, Lycanroc, or Mimikyu (who has since been confirmed as a Pokeball Pokemon) I have heard it is Incineroar specifically.
Not all of my Smash sources have heard who it is exactly, but I will say that I'm a bit more inclined to believe it's Incineroar than Tapu Koko because of hearing that it's Incineroar and how it does line up with how Sakurai chooses new Pokemon. "

T-Hell

Smash Lord
So here's a little game.

Incineroar
Ken
Isabelle
Geno
Isaac
Monster Hunter
Lloyd Irving
Dixie Kong
Impa
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Bandana Waddle Dee
Ninten
Diskun
Raiden
Big Boss
Shadow
Elma
Rex and Pyra
Jeanne
Spring Man
Wonder Red
Incineroar - Pretty satisfied, like him a lot.
Ken - Why not.
Isabelle - Ñeh.. she's cute but I've never found what's so especial about her. I'd rather have KK Slider.
Geno - Indifferent, but could be interesting. I'd definitely feel happy for his long-time fans.
Isaac - Not a make or break but I feel he's a much needed addition.
Monster Hunter - Could be interesting.
Lloyd Irving - Don't care.
Dixie Kong - Why not, now that K.Rool is in she can join for all I care.
Impa - I would love her with her Hyrule Warriors design.
Skull Kid - He would be pretty interesting if you ask me, and that mask is fascinating.
Black Shadow - I'd use him more than Captain for sure.
Bandana Waddle Dee - Don't care.
Ninten - Nah.. I'd rather have Porky.
Diskun - Literally who.
Raiden - Don't care.
Big Boss - Who.
Shadow - I'd use him more than Sonic.
Elma - Never played Xenoblades nor I care about the franchise, but she looks cool and interesting. I'd welcome her.
Rex and Pyra - Don't care.
Jeanne - Who.
Spring Man - I'd much rather have literally almost any other ARMS character before him.
Wonder Red - From what I've seen of his game, he could have a really cool and original moveset. I'd welcome him.

Last edited:

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
I would kill for some bulky shoulders on Samus in smash. Those perfectly round basketballs on top of her arms aren’t my favourite
This is the ultimate smash bros and neither version of my favourite look the way I want her to... But it’s too late to change them now, and even if it wasn’t, other people like the new Zamus... I just hope Amiibo skins become a thing, then everyone would be happy, right? :(

Last edited:

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
This is the ultimate smash bros and neither version of my favourite look the way I want her to... But it’s too late to change them now, and even if it wasn’t, other people like the new Zamus... I just hope Amiibo skins become a thing, then everyone would be happy, right? :(
What do you mean by amiibo skins? Skins exclusive to and activated by amiibos? That’s a really cool idea actually, I’d love that

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
Honestly, with Dark Samus playable, I'm a little glad we didn't get Samus Returns Samus, the visor is my only issue with what is amazing, but the reason I'm not sold on the visor is how similar it is too Dark Samus, and now she's playable, I'd rather have them separate
If my amiibo unlocked SR Samus, you’d still have the other design to play with... choices make everyone happy :)

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
So here's a little game.

Incineroar
Ken
Isabelle
Geno
Isaac
Monster Hunter
Lloyd Irving
Dixie Kong
Impa
Skull Kid
Black Shadow
Bandana Waddle Dee
Ninten
Diskun
Raiden
Big Boss
Shadow
Elma
Rex and Pyra
Jeanne
Spring Man
Wonder Red
Incineroar - No problem
Ken - Street Fighter fan here. I like Ken quite a bit. Seeing him here would be cool.
Isabelle - Not an Animal Crossing fan.
Geno - Would be cool
Isaac - Would be cool
Monster Hunter - Would be cool
Lloyd - Would be cool
Dixie - Nice addition
Impa - Long overdue Zelda newcomer
Skull Kid - Same with Impa only on a bigger scale
Black Shadow - As a die hard F-Zero fan, any F-Zero representation is great by me.
Bandana Dee - It would honestly be cool to see
Ninten - Don't have a solid opinion
Diskun - Don't have a solid opinion
Raiden - I love Raiden and it'd be awesome to see him (especially MGS4 or Rising).
Big Boss - Honestly surprised he's not alternate costume to be honest. He'd be awesome.
Shadow - 95% already in the game. It'd be awesome to see him here.
Elma - Would be cool
Rex & Pyra - Would be cool
Jeanne - Cool, though considering Bayonetta, it'd be a tricky slope.
Spring Man - Would be pretty cool
Wonder Red - Underrated game. Would be nice to see here.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Tbh, I feel like you might have better chance of getting a SR Samus costume for the Mii Fighter than a alternate SR skin for Samus.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
It would definitely give more of a incentive to buy amiibos, I mean they did it with BOTW, so it's not entirely off the table, and I mean hey, they're rereleasing the old smash amiibo line so.. idk maybe, I really hope this idea becomes a reality.

Last edited:

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
What do you mean by amiibo skins? Skins exclusive to and activated by amiibos? That’s a really cool idea actually, I’d love that
Yeah, and the original would remain available and unchanged, for everyone who likes athletic Zamus and that guy up there who prefers the wider visor on Samus to differentiate her from Dark Samus. Choices make everyone happy :)

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Yeah, and the original would remain available and unchanged, for everyone who likes athletic Zamus and that guy up there who prefers the wider visor on Samus to differentiate her from Dark Samus. Choices make everyone happy :)
I would actually get amiibos if that happened. I had the original 8 when I was playing smash 4 but I since gave them away because their feature in the actual game wasn’t something I really cared about at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom