• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The problem is there's so many characters and so many special moves that it'll take time to think up a bunch of new ones that are good and to balance them properly. I'd rather they spent that time doing something more worthwhile because from what I've seen so far the general consensus is they're just not working out as hoped.
Still, the custom special moves can add a little more to the mix. It's just that some of them need to be worked on more so that they're not so impractical. I'll bring up one example, which is Jet Hammer.
  • Armored Jet Hammer: Takes 2x longer to reach full charge, but the full charge is more damaging than a fully charged Jet Hammer. Start-up lag is longer, however.
  • Dash Jet Hammer: Increased attack range, but is less damaging as a drawback.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Smash 5 will be the last Smash. I predict the next Smash will have 10 newcomers and 7 DLC. It's pretty obvious what some of them are going to be: Dixie, K. Rool, Inkling, Spring Man, Ridley, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Waddle Dee with a bandana, and Decidueye. We may get Animal Crossing characters and Toad out of sheer importance. And third parties like Crash and Banjo & Kazooie. But after that in Smash 6? Isaac and... Lyn? Bald Bull (from Punch-Out!!)? It's a pretty pathetic set of 1st Party candidates. This is why I think Smash 5 will be the last. Modders can continue the games
Spin-off time. Smash could drop spin-offs in-between titles. Pokemon Smash, Mushroom Kingdom Smash, FE Smash, Nintendo VS Capcom, ect.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Pokemon Smash
Pokken exists though.

We call that Soul Calibur
Kappa.png

On a serious note though Smash doesn't really need spin-offs from it.
They just need to take time between releases like they currently do. There's no point in discussing the Smash after the next one until the next one is done, DLC and all.

They are not taken away online.
You're splitting hairs. They aren't given the same ability as other full characters. They physically cannot be brought online to be played in With Anyone
Also, giving them a half-***** option for For Glory is pretty lame and does not make it "worth it".
Not being able to play 3 characters at all is even worse.
using a vast set of playstyles due to the custom moves.
If custom moves are what make them relavant, Palutena shouldnt be on With Anyone either, sicne that is her entire gimmick
For Glory presets everyone to having zero custom abilities.
For Glory presets everyone to 1111. Mii Fighters have 1111 ready to go. You're just changing terminology to make things fit your logic.
Since Mii Fighters have to be customized no matter what, it makes sense they can't be played under it.
Which is why the devs should have had presets ready. The fact that there were no presets ready does not make the lack of a preset inherently good.
Really, what hurts more is their role in Smash Tour, which was already a poorly made game that was already hard to play due to RNG and actually being hard to properly control what's going on(to the point that Mario Party is less random).
This is neither relavant, nor logical. You don't even bother to explain what about their role is bad.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
On a serious note though Smash doesn't really need spin-offs from it.
They just need to take time between releases like they currently do. There's no point in discussing the Smash after the next one until the next one is done, DLC and all.

Why not reuse an engine and characters and make a game inbetween series for more fun and more money? Pokemon has many interesting choices that would not otherwise make the slot in a main Smash game.

There could be a stage for every type. And a mode where pokemon can be switched out.

Last edited:

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
What are some unpopular opinions/logic about requested/likely characters? I think Impa doesn't deserve to be in the game because no mater what and how she represents, she's still low priority. Young Impa and Old Impa are clearly different characters because that's how Skyward Sword portrays them. You meet them separately and they have different personalities. So Young Impa only represents Young Impa, which means she has a handful of games to her name. Or you could say both Impas are the same character but then Old Impa is much more deserving. Why add a character that can't be in their main form?

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
I'm always late to these (I don't often check Smashboards), but I'd personally be incredibly disappointed if Miis got cut. They're fun and their customization makes them unique fighters with a concept that makes perfect sense in the game, being on the 3rd system (if you include Wii U) to have them as the main icons, and appearing in almost ever first party party game.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You're splitting hairs. They aren't given the same ability as other full characters. They physically cannot be brought online to be played in With Anyone
No they're not. They are given wayyyyyyyyyyyy more. And don't pretend they're banned online. It's not splitting hairs. It's people whining and saying something that isn't true. They are banned in a mode that disallows any and all customs to remove RNG. They are 100% custom as a character and that's their full gimmick. They have more than just custom moves anyway. They have an entire giant list of costume options, and weight too. The weight changes their recovery options, and even their defense and offensive capabilities. Even without custom equipment, they're completely different from any other character.

Not being able to play 3 characters at all is even worse.
Far more tolerable than dealing with trolls. I'll face the Mii Fighting Team since they're the only legitimate default. But since you can't play as NPC's, it makes sense why they aren't playable here.

If custom moves are what make them relavant, Palutena shouldnt be on With Anyone either, sicne that is her entire gimmick
Yeah, that's not what makes them relevant. What makes them relevant is you're able to give them a ton of moves, different weights, any actual color you want(to some degree), use your own Mii to create them, and give them unique names. They're a fully custom character that represent whatever you want them to be. Palutena only has a simple gimmick of extra possible customs that aren't remakes of a move. That's the reason she's the only character that doesn't have to unlock her custom moves. You can't even play as a Mii Fighter by default(because there is none, well, bar the NPC Fighting Team realistically) because you need to fully create it first. If it was just banning custom equipment, it wouldn't be a big deal to allow them. But it's way more than that.

For Glory presets everyone to 1111. Mii Fighters have 1111 ready to go. You're just changing terminology to make things fit your logic.
No, what it does is remove all RNG from the entire game and puts it on Final Destination and clones. That means you have one weight the character can be. No custom moves. No custom equipment possible. No items. It's not just 1111, it's far more than that and serves a different purpose. Again, let's keep a reminder that there are only 3 default Mii Fighters, and they are solely NPC's. They specifically do not have custom moves, equipment, or costumes. At best they sometimes have a Mii face you created, but default ones. Those being playable would be fair, if you want everyone in their true default form. But you can't make a fighter have defaults that don't exist.

Which is why the devs should have had presets ready. The fact that there were no presets ready does not make the lack of a preset inherently good.
No they shouldn't have. They absolutely should be fully custom characters. No matter what. Otherwise there's no point in their existence as custom characters. Palutena is not the same thing. They are absolutely different gimmicks. They just share a similarity in the fact they have more than one unique custom move per slot. But they are still not the same. Mii Fighters have more than just custom moves, they have weights that can be created at any time. This shifts the balance to the point that tourneys are forced to make defaults to keep up balance. They aren't willing to test out anything with them. Which sucks, but that's what it is.

This is neither relavant, nor logical. You don't even bother to explain what about their role is bad.
I did fail to explain the reason they suck in the mode, true. And yes, it's relevant. Smash Tour is RNG Mario Party. Mii Fighters are all RNG if you would face them online, because there's no way to know what they'd be like. It's even worse they're not playable in this mode because it actually fits what they're meant for in the game, which is to play whatever you want with no restrictions.

The only mistake they made was not allowing you to use the NPC Mii Fighting Team in For Glory and With Anyone, their own legitimate default forms that exist. That's their "presets" anyway. Preset weight, costumes, and lack of specials(which were never once preset, and never were going to be because the intention is for the player to make them preset when they make them). Let's not forget that you can play Mii Fighters with no custom equipment as normal, with preset special moves(ones you choose to preset) when you "turn customs off". That's the closest to a preset you have. I could otherwise tolerate the idea that you had to use default faces from the Mii Fighting Team along with default weight, but use your current custom moves as preset by the player. At least that's kind of a default. But that doesn't work with For Glory anyway. With Anyone is pretty clearly less of an issue. It's not intended as a competitive online option. And competitive online can't have randomness to work. Since there's no legitimate defaults for Mii Fighters as is(besides technically 0000), they would be pretty crappy in that mode too. Overall, they were not designed to work correctly within either mode while losing the entire point of the character. I wish it was as simple as "default faces", but that's not the reality of it.

Last edited:
No they're not. They are given wayyyyyyyyyyyy more. And don't pretend they're banned online.
They're banned from the main mode. Close enough?
They have an entire giant list of costume options,
pointless detail. . .
Far more tolerable than dealing with trolls.
False Dillemma
Facing trolls VS no miis isnt the scenario

It's
Trolls
Adding defaults
no miis.
There is a middle ground. Probably more options in between too
You can't even play as a Mii Fighter by default
But they very well could have made it possible if they added a default. Developer intent is still not inherently good
That means you have one weight the character can be. No custom moves. No custom equipment possible.
This is literally what a default would be. That's the whole damn point. Make a default that fits these criteria. That's the entire point of a default.

The only mistake they made was not allowing you to use the NPC Mii Fighting Team in For Glory and With Anyone, their own legitimate default forms that exist. That's their "presets" anyway. Preset weight, costumes,
YES. THAT IS EHAT A DEFAULT WOULD BE.
I wish it was as simple as "default faces", but that's not the reality of it.
It is pretty close to taht simple
Default weight height
Default face
Default Specials
you can even keep the costumes here too, but just not include the name or the face.

Boom. You have a default with no bullying perfectly fit for For Anyone that no one can be bullied by. Yeah you might lose the face/name, but you don't loes the ENTIRE character. When given the choice of some or nothing, might a well get something, especially when that something is 3 full movesets/cahracters.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Miis are by nature custom characters, but the fact that there isn't any preset for them is kind of pathetic, if Nintendo was afraid of people having to fight against offensive miis they could have just forced the For Glory/For Fun ones to be the default miis featured in the character artwork and give them a preset moveset (likely just 1111).
Spinphony: I don't think I have to explain this one. It's just pathetic.
Spinphony's existance hurts my soul.
Do you think Bandana Dee would use a spear, a parasol or both?
I don't know, I think they'd either go with just the spear or Spear + Parasol, but definitely not Parasol only since that'd be blatantly ignoring his playable roles in Rainbow Curse and Return to Dreamland.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They're banned from the main mode. Close enough?
No. It's just people missing the facts. There's more than one mode. The point is they're playable online, but in a controlled way due to various issues.

pointless detail. . .
Not really. That's absolutely part of their gimmick. Saying it isn't is literally ignoring what they are. Fully custom characters that can customize more than their moves.

False Dillemma
Facing trolls VS no miis isnt the scenario
It is, though. That's part of it, anyway. That's one reason I absolutely

It's
Trolls
Adding defaults
no miis.
There is a middle ground.
Exactly. There was never a middle ground to begin with.

But they very well could have made it possible if they added a default.
And kill the character's point too. You're ignoring this point entirely. They are supposed to only exist because you create them in a way you want them to be. They have one legitimate set of defaults, which is actually far better an option than anything else. It makes sense why they.

This is literally what a default would be. That's the whole damn point. Make a default that fits these criteria. That's the entire point of a default.
Mii Fighting Team it is.

YES. THAT IS EHAT A DEFAULT WOULD BE.

It is pretty close
Default weight height
Default face
Default Specials
you can even keep the costumes here too, but just not include the name or the face.

Boom. You have a default with no bullying perfectly fit for For Anyone that no one can be bullied by. Yeah you might lose the face/name, but you don't loes the ENTIRE character. When given the choice of some or nothing, might a well get something.
There is no default specials. You aren't getting this, man. There never were and never will be. They don't have any. And no, there should not be. That's like having Ridley literally the size of a dime. It's completely missing the entire point of the character. And yes, that's literally as extreme as turning a fully customizable character into a 100% lame and cheap default option when they have an accurate default option(which is unfortunately an NPC). Let's keep in mind that the Mii Fighters were designed in the same way as the other Fighting Teams(kind of, but it depends how much you want to compare them to the Yoshi and Kirby ones. They do have unique stuff too, but eh). They weren't given specials as NPC's because they wanted them to default to none. This was how they balanced them. At best they had slightly more jump ability in return due to lack of a regular recovery. This is a common trait in various fights against the Polygons, Wire Frames, and Alloys. Keeping with this should be enough. It's a default option that is balanced and at the very least doesn't completely kill the character's entire point. It's unfortunate Sakurai didn't bother to do so, but what ya going to do. Next Smash probably will fix these issues, by changing around gimmicks and such. But Smash 4 is a lot different.

D

Deleted member

First, I want to point out the Miis are disallowed on With Anyone NOT because of RNG, but because of potential copyright infringement issues regarding characters Nintendo doesn't own that are recreated as Mii Fighters as well as potential online bullying concerns.
I am not making this up.
https://gamerant.com/super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-mii-fighters-not-playable-online/
https://www.polygon.com/2014/6/19/5824064/mii-fighters-super-smash-bros-brawl-sakurai

Second, making "presets" for all Miis just for the sake of using them online is a poor idea.
When people use Mii Fighters, they use them for the various fighters they have made with the movesets they've tailored to that fighter, NOT for the sake of playing as "Generic Mii #2" with an established set of moves.

It is, though. That's part of it, anyway. That's one reason I absolutely
?
Exactly. There was never a middle ground to begin with.
What?

Read my post again. I literally give a middle ground. It's in teh middle of trolls and no miis. The whole point of my post is that there is a middle ground.
Mii Fighting Team it is.
Intentionally misrepresenting an argument yayyyyyyyyyyyy
You can have the default official characters without it being the special-less fighting team. They have amiibo for a reason. The defaullt look

They weren't given specials as NPC's because they wanted them to default to none.
Fighting teams never have specials.
Captain Falcon, Zelda, Mario, and Kirby all have figthing team variants, but the original has default specials. The figthing teams literally don't mean anything and have no relevance to any argument regarding playable mii fighters.
There is no default specials. You aren't getting this, man.
And neither are you. The fact is that all characters default to 1111 in With Anyone.
And just like any other character, they COULD have had miis default to 1111 so that Miis could be used in the main online mode. They refused, and instead decided a character was not allowed to be used in one of the biggest modes in the game. THEY EASILY COULD HAVE MADE THEM DEFAULT TO 1111 LIKE VERY OTHER CHARACTER. THEY ACTIVELY CHOSE NOT TO.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't know much behind the programming side for the Mii's but if It's related in regards to Mii's with offensive faces and names, (Cosmetic things and whatnot) wouldn't it be possible to give the player the option to choose wether or not they will see the Mii's in either their customized face or a set of default faces by the game itself. (Maybe with parental controls keep them at preset faces)

This is kind of a thing in Smash 4 already, if one where to mod a character in Smash 4 (I think in Brawl too) to wear a different alternate costume that isn't actually present in the game, It's mainly cosmetic so the player at the other side can't tell that you're playing with a character that is wearing a different skin and will just see the character in their default skin. Couldn't something like that work out for the Mii fighters?

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Second, making "presets" for all Miis just for the sake of using them online is a poor idea.
When people use Mii Fighters, they use them for the various fighters they have made with the movesets they've tailored to that fighter, NOT for the sake of playing as "Generic Mii #2" with an established set of moves.
Mii's have classes. So, a default Mii is still a swordsman, gunner or brawler.

Throwing this fighter away, instead of including a default at no cost, is a waste.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
First, I want to point out the Miis are disallowed on With Anyone NOT because of RNG, but because of potential copyright infringement issues regarding characters Nintendo doesn't own that are recreated as Mii Fighters as well as potential online bullying concerns.
I am not making this up.
https://gamerant.com/super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-mii-fighters-not-playable-online/
https://www.polygon.com/2014/6/19/5824064/mii-fighters-super-smash-bros-brawl-sakurai
I've honestly never heard of that before, but I guess it makes some sense. Although, this is making me seriously wonder why other games such as Minecraft or Little Big Planet don't get massive lawsuits for usermade content that breaks copyright law, anyone know if is there a legal difference between those and Smash Bros?

I can't agree with this because there are people who literally play as generic Mii #2 in tournaments though, not saying that's the majority of mii players out there but there are people out there who main the guest 1111 generic miis even when they can't customize the character's name face or body in tournaments, I think it'd be nice for them to be able to play For Glory with their mains at the very least. (Although, they're really not missing much lol)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I've honestly never heard of that before, but I guess it makes some sense. Although, this is making me seriously wonder why other games such as Minecraft or Little Big Planet don't get massive lawsuits for usermade content that breaks copyright law, anyone know if is there a legal difference between those and Smash Bros?
I think it's just because it is fan-made content that it manages to not break any laws.

It's not any different than someone making fanart or song remixes.

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
After Inklings & Octolings and Isaac, who are the biggest Splatoon and Golden Sun character respectively?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'll face the Mii Fighting Team since they're the only legitimate default. But since you can't play as NPC's, it makes sense why they aren't playable here.
I will say that it's rather amusing to see an overpowered fighter get creamed in Cruel Smash. As uber as Brawl Meta Knight is, whenever you use him in Cruel Brawl, the Fighting Alloys will maul him to death very quickly.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
After Inklings & Octolings and Isaac, who are the biggest Splatoon and Golden Sun character respectively?
For Splatoon, literally no one.

I mean, Inklings and Octolings aren't just characters, but entire species, so you basically cover every possible candidate that would make sense in Smash. Everyone else is either a shopkeep NPC or an enemy that would just make absolutely no sense as a Smash character.

For Golden Sun, it's the other two main protagonists, Felix and Matthew.

Last edited:

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
For Splatoon, literally no one.

I mean, Inklings and Octolings aren't just characters, but entire species, so you basically cover every possible candidate that would make sense in Smash. Everyone else is either a shopkeep NPC or an enemy that would just make absolutely no sense as a Smash character.

For Golden Sun, it's the other two main protagonists, Felix and Matthew.
Thank you. I have now finished my Smash 6 roster.

EDIT: How can each series and character be represented better, keeping my Smash 5 roster in mind?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I am not making this up.
I totally forgot about that.

Exactly. They're forced to use crappy versions for tourneys because that's forced by the tourney owners. They don't need to, however, when playing them how they were designed, completely customizable characters. As in no default weight, no default specials, no default faces, and no default costumes. You even start with other costumes to give them. Let's remember you cannot choose a Mii Fighter till after creating it. Saying they have defaults is ridiculous because they clearly don't. Default stuff implies it's automatically available without having to create the character yourself.

Also, the amiibo had to default to something. They're just the original costumes shown off when they revealed them. They were made quite a long time after the game was released. They are not "proper" defaults in the same way. They're also the same faces as the Mii Fighting Team. The amiibo being used is just as similar as the Mii Fighting Team(which is the closest they have to defaults). Also, the amiibo don't imply what are proper default specials, just what are default costumes. They have nothing to do with the moves themselves. They do have clearly show what their weight and genders are supposed to be, but that's... it. If moves are the problem, you can't justify the amiibo as an excuse for which ones to use. They're irrelevant to it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Reggie on whether Gamecube Adaptor support has anything to do with Smash Bros.
Of course, there’s nothing to announce on this. I think it’s fair to say that that peripheral working was as much a surprise to us as it was to consumers.
Reggie fires back with the non-answer into question dodge maneuver but we all know there's a storm a-comin' named Smash on Switch. I SEE THROUGH YOU REGINALD!!

D

Deleted member

And just like any other character, they COULD have had miis default to 1111 so that Miis could be used in the main online mode. They refused, and instead decided a character was not allowed to be used in one of the biggest modes in the game. THEY EASILY COULD HAVE MADE THEM DEFAULT TO 1111 LIKE VERY OTHER CHARACTER. THEY ACTIVELY CHOSE NOT TO.
No, they actively chose not to include Miis for a different reason:

I am not making this up.
The custom moves were never even an issue. Had Miis been allowed in With Anyone, they would have more than likely functioned exactly like they do in With Friends with the sole exception of never being able to use Equipment due to being unable to turn Customs on.
As in the only thing that's affected in regards to selecting a Mii between "Customs On" and "Customs Off".

Last edited by a moderator:

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
OK! Hypothetical time. Let's say that in Smash 5, Cloud sticks around and Square lets Nintendo use a second FF character, one from the first 6 games. Who do you pick? Black Mage, Firion, Onion Knight, Cecil, Bartz, Terra, or someone else?

I actually really like the idea of Onion Knight, FF3 on the Famicom is criminally underrated IMO

D

Deleted member

OK! Hypothetical time. Let's say that in Smash 5, Cloud sticks around and Square lets Nintendo use a second FF character, one from the first 6 games. Who do you pick? Black Mage, Firion, Onion Knight, Cecil, Bartz, Terra, or someone else?

I actually really like the idea of Onion Knight, FF3 on the Famicom is criminally underrated IMO
Personally, I would pick Terra, but I wouldn't be opposed to anyone else either.

Edea Lee.

. . .ok playing seriously, Kain. I love me some spear users, and Kain has a really epic design.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero

Kefka is my favorite FF villain.

Mog would be a fun and cute addition.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

None of those are Squall. >.>

Anyway, I'd go for Terra myself. One of my favorites. Black Mage is a good secondary option.

D

Deleted member

After reading through that short Smash ballot discussion that came up this morning, I'll just say that Sakurai gets lots of praise from me, a 56-year-old Christian woman, for putting :4bayonetta2: in Smash 4. At first, I did not give a damn since I wanted a Tekken character myself but ever since I got my player-two version of her amiibo, I've fallen deeply in love with her.

Quite...I want not only her to be there for what's hopefully another Smash iteration but also the characters we lost (eg. :icsmelee::wolf:, etc.) Y'all know how the playable fighters of Tekken, Tekken 2, and Tekken 3 are brought together for Tekken Tag Tournament? Smash should take a cue from that game.

Other things I'd love to see (return):
  • Trophy Shop (I don't know about y'all but I want to avoid getting duplicate trophies as much as possible)
  • Target Blast/Target Smash co-existing
  • Stage Builder - I do not touch this in Smash 4 since Brawl offered a lot of stage elements though I like the fact one can make terrain beyond the red rectangle.
  • Master Balls to stop possibly having Tosakinto in them
  • Custom special moves no longer have to be unlocked
  • Smash Tour. I'm not playing; I like Mario Party-esque elements
  • Did I mention I want :4bayonetta2: to be in the next Smash yet?

Sayonara :kirby:

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
After reading through that short Smash ballot discussion that came up this morning, I'll just say that Sakurai gets lots of praise from me, a 56-year-old Christian woman, for putting :4bayonetta2: in Smash 4. At first, I did not give a damn since I wanted a Tekken character myself but ever since I got my player-two version of her amiibo, I've fallen deeply in love with her.

Quite...I want not only her to be there for what's hopefully another Smash iteration but also the characters we lost (eg. :icsmelee::wolf:, etc.) Y'all know how the playable fighters of Tekken, Tekken 2, and Tekken 3 are brought together for Tekken Tag Tournament? Smash should take a cue from that game.

Other things I'd love to see (return):
  • Trophy Shop (I don't know about y'all but I want to avoid getting duplicate trophies as much as possible)
  • Target Blast/Target Smash co-existing
  • Stage Builder - I do not touch this in Smash 4 since Brawl offered a lot of stage elements though I like the fact one can make terrain beyond the red rectangle.
  • Master Balls to stop possibly having Tosakinto in them
  • Custom special moves no longer have to be unlocked
  • Smash Tour. I'm not playing; I like Mario Party-esque elements
  • Did I mention I want :4bayonetta2: to be in the next Smash yet?

Sayonara :kirby:
I concur with what you said. Albeit, the issue with Smash Tour isn't the RNG in itself. That's fine. It's that it's really difficult to properly control what item you want to use, and it wasn't the most responsive of modes. It's a good idea, but is very unpolished.

Bayonetta is severely easy to license due to Sega being super cooperative. Consider how easy Sonic is to come back. Bayo's in the same category.

As for Stage Builder, it just needs to be more polished, that's all. It was better designed in 4, but had crappy parts compared to Brawl.

Opinion of having Target Test for all characters separately?

As for customs, I think the issue is that they want to keep excuses for a giant unlock option(that screen that has tons of what you can unlock), so of course they need every excuse. I don't think they have to have them all unlocked from the start, but they shouldn't be locked behind a wall. The grinding isn't a bad idea inherently so much as the RNG is awful. You shouldn't be able to get the same one twice(at least after you got it already in a different playthrough. After you save, it should be removed from the RNG options. Of course, I can understand getting the same one twice in a single playthrough, since the game hasn't saved yet. That's legitimately forgivable). Custom equipment is designed a lot differently, and you can have very useful variants of the same equipment, so it works in our favor to have them be grinded for.

Trophy shop is good, but just make sure it tells you how many copies you have. It was either the Wii U or 3DS version that doesn't let you know within the shop itself. And that's kind of a tedious problem.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Black Mage would be my pick.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Miis are fun to play and are pretty neat.

I want them to return.

I just want them to be better.

Basty

Smash Ace

1 of 3 for me

1. Terra - From my favourite FF game, my second favourite FF protagonist and another female fighter to the roster.

2. White Mage - I want some sort of healing character in the game, I don't know how it'd work, but I guess White Mage could fit the bill (my first choice for healing char would be Paula or Lissa)

3. NOT FIRST 6 FF GAMES BUT. Noctis - I love FFXV and Noctis is my favourite protagonist, I remember hearing something about FFXV on Switch a little while back so, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom