• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Now THAT'S more convincing. It looks rather off though, but I can't put my finger on why. I'm not fully convinced until I see it in action.
It's upscaled 3ds screens with extra work being done (The Paper Mario stage for instance). Same leak also has a Break the Targets picture too but it's literally just an upscaled version of Yoshi's stage from Melee with a terrible UI.

Finh009

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Finh009
Oh Arceus I think it's real.
Some other guy on 4chan supposedly has it as well and well, look at this:
It has 3DS stages and Smash run as well, supposedly.

Ugh, this better not be everything.
I don't know man, seeing 3DS models in the screenshots raises a huge red flag for me. The font for the characters also looks off. I think it's fake. (Looks amazing though)

Last edited:

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
Is it a demo or is the actual Alpha? Is it one, or the other?
Alpha, Demo, doesn't really matter. It's just that someone said ''ugh this better not be everything'', and well, if it's real, it wouldn't be everything since it's not the full thing.

I personally think it's a load of bull**** for the reasons you mentioned, though.

Tokaii

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the misunderstanding, but currently you cannot access YouTube on the switch, you can view videos on google plus from the web surfing trick, but YouTube is completely inaccessible, just like google images and any other websites you try to access.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Going to claim the strangest possible debunk, but in Smash Brawl and Smash 4, the timer's centiseconds'-place can only ever be 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, or 8 (at 60fps), so 2:16:19 doesn't make any sense. More obviously, font choices are weird and nothing like Smash 4's (except for the damage numbers, which are weirdly spaced / shadowed). Furthermore, 3DS stages, Smash Run multiplayer, and Melee-esque BTT are common wishes that I wouldn't see being likely apiece, let alone all three. Nice try, though.

Last edited:

Tokaii

Smash Rookie
You know what, **** it.

Nintendo sent emails to about 20 people who are veteran Club Nintendo users (who are now My Nintendo users) which have the switch registered on their account.

The emails contained the code for an alpha version of Super Smash Bros. for Switch.
The guidelines are to not post or say anything about the game on social media. It's a timed demo basically it only works for a certain amount of time. 5 days in this case.

From what I've played so far nothing new is there, besides the support for individual joycons.
Edit:
Guys, I think the main thing you're forgetting is that this is a port still in alpha stages, not the full game. It explains why Nintendo wouldn't go out of their way to make a new box art for a game that's not even finished yet. This business practice isn't usually from Nintendo but you have to keep in mind that Iwata (rip) isn't running the company anymore. Kimishima did a lot of things that were unheard of if you look at Nintendo's history. We're getting paid online now, and mobile apps, maybe this is a new strategy? I'm as clueless as you when it comes to the reasoning behind this.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Sorry for the misunderstanding, but currently you cannot access YouTube on the switch, you can view videos on google plus from the web surfing trick, but YouTube is completely inaccessible, just like google images and any other websites you try to access.
Apparently you can. I don't have a Switch so I can't exactly test this out but I trust this NintendoLife guy.
Look, you're gonna need to give us more in order for us to believe this. Do what dangeraaron10 said and show going from the game to the Switch menu or something.

Last edited:

Tokaii

Smash Rookie
Apparently you can. I don't have a Switch so I can't exactly test this out but I trust this NintendoLife guy.
Look, you're gonna need to give us more in order for us to believe this. Do what dangeraaron10 said and show going from the game to the Switch menu or something.
I will when I get home

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh Arceus I think it's real.
Some other guy on 4chan supposedly has it as well and well, look at this:
It has 3DS stages and Smash run as well, supposedly.

Ugh, this better not be everything.
Well this certainly looks interesting if this is real, just took two screenshots for a quick comparison.

Couldn't find the place where Megaman is though, probably forgot where that was.

It certainly looks more detailed with additional decorations and details here and there, I guess we'll see in due time if this is real.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well that's time of year finally.

Figuring out the idiots who waste a lot of time faking this stuff for 15 minutes of e-fame from the bigger idiots who break NDAs for 15 minutes of e-fame, getting fired and sued.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Also, some additional comparison screenshots based on this pic too.

Gotta keep in mind though, modding is in full force for both the Wii U and 3DS version's. Though at the same time, these models do seem to be quite a bit more detailed. If it's a fake, then the leaker has done a pretty good job with that. If it's real, well, I hope for them that Nintendo doesn't catch them, lest they want to go through the same wrath as the ESRB leaker did. Just for some fifteen minutes of fame....

Last edited:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I think it's weird that Sakurai would suddenly upscale the 3DS models instead of using the existing WiiU models
One theory is the screenshots were taken in portable mode instead of docked. That plus how much extra resources splitscreen uses up would explain why models are cutback.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I would think that a Nintendo Switch version would utilize the Wii U models and their higher quality, over the 3DS's lower quality stuff. Anyway, this is probably fake unless the upcoming E3 can prove otherwise.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I don't know man, seeing 3DS models in the screenshots raises a huge red flag for me. The font for the characters also looks off. I think it's fake. (Looks amazing though)
Looks great but everything looks a bit off for me as well esp the paper mario stage and Mario where im pretty sure there were fake leaks with him doing that same move.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
The Golden rule I learned from the SSBWIU Rumors and Leaks days is to assume a leak is fake unless it's a video of the characters in action 99.9% of the time. So #teamfake

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Super Smash Bros. Alpha has to be my favorite Smash leak since... well, the ESRB leak, of course. :4duckhunt:

I hope it's real. It's exactly what I wanted Smash Switch to be... a combined port of SSB4 Wii U and SSB4 3DS... with all stages and all characters, including all DLC stuff, and Smash Run on the big screen.

Also... Super Smash Bros. Alpha? Alpha = Alph? Alph confirmed! :4alph:

Alph should be a separate character who's a clone of Olimar that exclusively uses Rock Pikmin. :awesome:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well there's now a "all "leaks" in spoiler tags" rule so speculation season 2017 is truly underway.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Y'know if people are gonna go out leaking **** they might as well leak characters and stages. Just sayin.

I have my reservations about these leaks. Doubt they're real.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Before you know it, people will start begging for certain characters to get buffed or nerfed in the port. I wish I could say that Giga Bowser should be improved, but as the software updates in Smash 3DS / Wii U have shown us, the Final Smashes hardly ever received any adjustments. And as a consequence, Mega Lucario ended up becoming slower than Lucario at everything, including falling speed.

Similarly, Little Mac received damage adjustments to some of his attacks, and yet Giga Mac never got any adjustments at all, despite the fact that his attacks are supposed to be 2x more damaging than Little Mac's attacks.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I'm like 50/50 on this leak being real or not.

it doesnt really matter to me though as it doesnt show anything really exciting, and i'm so confident we will get smash on the switch I don't need leaks to assure myself of that happening.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Actually, you can :p.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...on-switch-with-working-video-playback.463253/

You just need a simple proxy server running on your PC. Therefore, you can watch YouTube on your Switch with your PC running in the background.

I've done it several times and I can assure you it works.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
True or not true it just feels nice to have something Smash-related to obsess over. Then again I am one of those crazy people. :p

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
True or not true it just feels nice to have something Smash-related to obsess over. Then again I am one of those crazy people. :p
I agree! (And I remember seeing you a lot back in what I refer to as the "good ol' days) of speculation. Really hoping to see a real leak!!

D

Deleted member

Wait, one of the claims is a Melee-styled Break the Targets?

Automatically fake. We'd get a Brawl-styled one at most due to the number of characters.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Wait, one of the claims is a Melee-styled Break the Targets?

Automatically fake. We'd get a Brawl-styled one at most due to the number of characters.
Not necessarily.

If this is a port, most of the stuff is already done, so they could spend time making individual stages.

I doubt it would happen, but it's not impossible under those circumstances.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I'd really rather they didn't go out of their way to make every single character a new Break the Target stage. With the amount of time that would likely take we could get even more stages for regular battles and that should definitely be higher priority.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Not necessarily.

If this is a port, most of the stuff is already done, so they could spend time making individual stages.

That's at least almost 60 different "stages" they'd have to make though.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Being fair, if Yoshi's screenshot is anything to go by, it looks like they might recycle the Melee target tests for the Smash 64 and Melee veterans. Which would leave them to only having to make unique ones for the rest of the newcomers that came along in Brawl and onwards (Plus Zelda or Sheik since they shared theirs). And if this is a port (Which looks like it might very well be) it leaves them with more time to do things like creating individual Target Smash stages.

That's speculation on my part though for what could very well be a fake leak...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So Melee-styled that Yoshi has his Melee Break the Targets stage.

It's literally the Melee stage?

.....am I supposed to believe everyone that was in Melee has theirs or something? :p

Not necessarily.

I suppose if it's true that the Melee vets are getting revamps of their old BTTs, it lessens the overall workload, but I still don't buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom