• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I dont want a travelling stage. I just want somewhere on Mira. It's my favorite locale in gaming. Noctilum would be my preference but Primorida or Oblivia would be cool too. Normally I would love NLA since we need more city levels but that would mean having to deal with the NLA theme :p
*Shudders* @God please no. Actually tho a stage based on chapter 8 where the city is attacked would be best case scenario, that chapter was awesome. Second best option is noctilum cause it's pretty.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I've decided I'm going to come up with a moveset for an all in one Blight Ganon.

Because the idea is growing on me and I want to stretch some creative muscles.

Haven't done a moveset since Sceptile before the ballot was closed.

D

Deleted member

You make a valid point. 80 characters would be an insane amount. In fact, let me put 80 characters into perspective for everyone. Right now, Smash 4, with it's 58 characters, doesn't even make the top 10 for biggest fighting game rosters.

If Smash 5 had 80 characters, it would shoot its way up to #5 on the list.
At that point, the only thing beating it would be Naruto and Dragon Ball Z fighting game, and Tobal 2. But even a roster above sixty-five would be massive, as if this game wasn't already so.
I'm hoping this is the last game tbh, at least for a long time, sakurai needs to do something else, his talents are being wasted tbh. And we still need that uprising sequel damnit!
Trust me, Sakurai working on Smash is him ultilizing his talents but I will admit I was disappointed to find out that he went straight to this rather than making another game instead. Hopefully he'll get to do that after this game, preferably a new IP.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Trust me, Sakurai working on Smash is him ultilizing his talents but I will admit I was disappointed to find out that he went straight to this rather than making another game instead. Hopefully he'll get to do that after this game, preferably a new IP.
Maybe he'll revive another franchise like Mysterious Murasame Castle or perhaps he'll make KI:U 2. That would be really exciting.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Boooooo!

Just because a game has characters that do not personally appeal to you, or that you do not like, does not mean that there are not lots of people that do like them. You should not need to attack other people's likes in games/characters.

How about instead suggesting who you would like to see in Smash instead of a XC2 rep? ;)
Pfff, ya really wanna know?

I don't really have any specifics outside of maybe some Gen VII Pokémon.
I'd like any Poison-type Pokémon, or any form of reptile or invertebrate based character. But I know none of that will ever happen.
The closest I've got to a character that has even the slightest sliver of a chance is Primarina.

But I'd take any creative or out-there character design over characters with a 2010s anime aesthetic that Smash 4 was already oversaturated with.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Obviously the base roster will have 64 characters to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Smash Bros. 64.

:yeahboi:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hey, y'all. 4chan guy is back, and this time he dug his own grave.

He went on to say that he'll "post more clips later in the week", but both of these are clearly Smash 4 mods. Personally, I don't even believe this is the same guy.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Last Smash game?!

That would be terrible lol

This may sound super nerdy, but I can't imagine my life without Smash...

View attachment 141674
I mean I love the series too but where can it really go past this game? this game is gonna have like an 80 character roster, nintendo doesn't even have that many characters left worth adding tbh. I mean maybe in like 2022 when they release another system it could happen I guess lol.

He went on to say that he'll "post more clips later in the week", but both of these are clearly Smash 4 mods. Personally, I don't even believe this is the same guy.
I'M CRYING SDJKDSJ, HE REALLY THOUGHT-

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir

Pretty sure those are previously existing Smash 4 mods and the UI is really rough around the edges (literally), probably poorly ripped from the original leak by a faker :p I'm very convinced this isn't even the same person.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

With those clearly fake photos, I think the leak fire is over.
I knew they are Smash 4 mods from the start. I mean the pause menu looked like a modified Smash 4 pause menu.
Honestly, that leak will never be as good as the Rayman leak. I never believed the Rayman leak, but still....
The 4Chan guy did dig his own grave.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Pretty sure there already exists a Min Min mod for Smash Wii U. Most probably a Detective Pikachu one too. Yeah, most certainly fake if that's supposed to be a leak.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

If the guy just posted the Spring Man and Decidueye clip I’d actually be inclined to consider it a possibility.

But putting in the the Brawl Ice Climbers fighting Odyssey Mario with Cappy for no reason (even in Odyssey Cappy’s eyes only show up when thrown), and now these blatant mods, just ruined it.

Considering the Spring Man video is all but confirmed to be an originally rendered video, and there’s evidence for the Mario Ice Climbers one being one as well, these new ones might just be a copycat.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Pretty sure there already exists a Min Min mod for Smash Wii U. Most probably a Detective Pikachu one too. Yeah, most certainly fake if that's supposed to be a leak.
There absolutely is already a Min Min mod for Smash 4. It's right here, and it looks exactly the same as the Min Min in that picture. https://gamebanana.com/skins/156022

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Pfff, ya really wanna know?

I don't really have any specifics outside of maybe some Gen VII Pokémon.
I'd like any Poison-type Pokémon, or any form of reptile or invertebrate based character. But I know none of that will ever happen.
The closest I've got to a character that has even the slightest sliver of a chance is Primarina.

But I'd take any creative or out-there character design over characters with a 2010s anime aesthetic that Smash 4 was already oversaturated with.
Well hey, getting a Poison type Pokémon would be awesome. We don't really get any of the weirder, kind of obscure types in Smash really. It would be greta to get a Poison, Dragon or Ice type in the game.

In terms of a reptile-like one, maybe something like Salazle could work? Reptilian, poison type, and could be pretty unique.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
also

totally an original render
Well I mean that exact Min Min mod is on my Smash Wii U mod. This is not the same leaker. This is someone else trying to ride that guys leak. The past guy doesn't need to post anything else, and he probably won't.

Not saying the other one is real, but this one is blatantly obvious that it isn't the same guy. There is absolutely no attention to detail here, much unlike the previous leak.

Last edited:

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
So, either at E3 or if we get a Smash Direct, how many Veterans do you all think they will show?
Here's who I expect: I think they'll probably
only
show the poster boys for most major franchises + one villain and one third party.
:4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4yoshi::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4marth::4pit::4olimar::4villager::4shulk::4bowser::4sonic:
Also, what would y'all like to see in the first trailer for Smash 5 (whether it's at E3 or sooner) ? As for newcomers I'd like to see more of the Inklings, as well as a couple other hype-inducing characters, preferably popular Ballot picks, one first-party and one third-party, and for the rest they should throw in some cool looking stages as well as a teaser for a hypothetical new Adventure/Story mode.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
So I just browsed through the last 15 or so pages since I haven’t been keeping up with this thread lately and boy was that a trip. :p

Anyway, I’m one of those goons who really wants a new Zelda character. A Champion (or four) would be a more than welcome inclusion, mainly because I really like the idea of representing the different Zelda races instead of the same old Hylians. It’s a shame BoTW came out a ways after the roster was probably decided.

I’ve also been rallying for Tingle since the pre-Smash 4 days, but I feel like that Balloon has soared away at this point. :(

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
So I just browsed through the last 15 or so pages since I haven’t been keeping up with this thread lately and boy was that a trip. :p

Anyway, I’m one of those goons who really wants a new Zelda character. A Champion (or four) would be a more than welcome inclusion, mainly because I really like the idea of representing the different Zelda races instead of the same old Hylians. It’s a shame BoTW came out a ways after the roster was probably decided.

I’ve also been rallying for Tingle since the pre-Smash 4 days, but I feel like that Balloon has soared away at this point. :(
BOTW came out after the roster was decided but it was supposed to launch in 2015 and then 2016, could still happen

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If there's no cuts and all DLC is carried over that's a default roster of 58 (56 on screen with all Miis under one banner) so even a low ball of 5-10 newcomers would pump that up to 62-68. We're entering Dragon Ball Z Bodokai Tenkiechi 3 territory now.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Made an analysis on Dr. Kawashima's chances for Smash Switch in the Kawashima support thread, inspired by Push's recent analysis of Kawashima's chances.

I have only 5 more characters (Tom Nook, Isabelle, Hanafuda character, Elma, Octolings) to analyze before my roster prediction is finalized for good. Researching Smash for the past month for predictions has been a joy for me. At the least, I hope I can match Sakurai's newcomer selection as close as possible. I feel really confident about Smash speculation this time.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
BOTW came out after the roster was decided but it was supposed to launch in 2015 and then 2016, could still happen
We don't know when the roster was decided to begin with. For all we know they could be doing things differently and adding certain characters/aspects as time moves on.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Cannot wait for that Little Mac vs Springman trailer.

Pretty much Hajame no Ippo vs One piece

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Saw a fun game on Reddit and thought I'd share.

Pick one character that debuted on each Nintendo console to be in the next Smash game:

NES: Excitebike

SNES: Dixie Kong

Gameboy: Giovanni

N64: Paper Mario

Gamecube: Louie

Wii: Captain Toad

3DS: Mimikyu

Wii U: Yarn Yoshi

Switch: Springman
NES: King Hippo
GB: Prince Sable
Gamecube: Dark Samus
GBA: Isaac
DS: Sylux
Wii: Fiora or Dunban...or Reyn
Wii U: Wonder Red
3DS: Decidueye I guess
Switch: Spring Man

_Sheik

Smash Lord
4chan fellows have a tendancy to check the posters' IPs. Can't they check and compare with the previous leaker?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly the fact that even after that original video spread. We haven't had any cease and a desist from Nintendo and it's Tuesday morning in Japan. We shouldn't even entertain if it's the original guy or not.

StormC

Smash Hero
This is reminding of me that Palutena leak which as far as I know was never deconfirmed and just hovered around in eternity.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
This is reminding of me that Palutena leak which as far as I know was never deconfirmed and just hovered around in eternity.
Nah, it got deconfirmed eventually. After Palutena got confirmed for real, someone came forward and said they made the two images.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also is this new guy or guy trying to say that Min Min is in the roster on top of Spring Man?

Is he saying Detective Pikachu is his own fighter or a costume for Pikachu?

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Nah, it got deconfirmed eventually. After Palutena got confirmed for real, someone came forward and said they made the two images.
Didn't the fake model have a power star on her gold belty thing, too? t was really a nice touch that I wish actually carried over.

StormC

Smash Hero
Still, it went on for a couple of months. A lack of a response from either Nintendo or the leaker doesn't really mean anything.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Didn't the fake model have a power star on her gold belty thing, too? t was really a nice touch that I wish actually carried over.

Yup, you can see it in the lower right.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Saw a fun game on Reddit and thought I'd share.

Pick one character that debuted on each Nintendo console to be in the next Smash game:

NES: Excitebike

Gameboy: Giovanni

Gamecube: Louie

3DS: Mimikyu

Wii U: Yarn Yoshi

Switch: Springman
NES: Takamaru
SNES: Leon Powalski
N64: Pigma Dengar
Gameboy: Blastoise
Gamecube: Panther Caroso
GBA: Isaac
DS: Dash Bowman
Wii U: Lana (...really wish the Robo Toy-con could fit here)
3DS: The Sushi Striker protagonist (IT COUNTS). Henry Fleming would be the runner-up
Switch: Spring Man

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

This is not the same guy, lol. The other guy is clearly decently skilled at graphic design. This guy can't even cut the UI out of the original pics without it looking jagged and pixely.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Well hey, getting a Poison type Pokémon would be awesome. We don't really get any of the weirder, kind of obscure types in Smash really. It would be greta to get a Poison, Dragon or Ice type in the game.

In terms of a reptile-like one, maybe something like Salazle could work? Reptilian, poison type, and could be pretty unique.
Gengar would be a good Poison type to have even though technically we had Ivysaur in Brawl

Adding that Gengar is a Ghost type, adds potential to the game

But I love the idea of Salazzle. Beside the fact it's another Fire type to add

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
This is not the same guy, lol. The other guy is clearly decently skilled at graphic design. This guy can't even cut the UI out of the original pics without it looking jagged and pixely.
Yeah, I agree. Which makes me wonder if the original guy will ever actually come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom